[X] A dragon spreads its wings for a second time in Gnitaheath

Seems the coolest, and while I'm sure it won't be easy I don't think the other options are that easier then this one.

Fear and cowardice leads to nid, brothers and sisters! If we stay in our homes out of the 'fear of death' when glory awaits us, are we really Norse?

I don't expect to rush Fafnir 2: Eitr Bogalog. Take time, prepare, do our best, not jump into the maws. But if we're going to die eventually, it should be after we've slain a dragon and cemented ourselves as a Legend.

[X] A pair of man-feasting giants rise again in Denmark
[X] A Witch-King seeks his sword once more in Valland

Anything except the Dragon

Because I enjoy playing this Quest and would prefer not lose the entire game because of one lizard

I'm pretty conflicted, all the options sounds interesting.

Also Odr Cultivator Abjorn (eventually maybe)! Good for him, I hope he gets some peace of mind from this. I guess the other people to potentially initiate into it are Sten and Eric, maybe Stigmar?

Fear and cowardice leads to nid, brothers and sisters! If we stay in our homes out of the 'fear of death' when glory awaits us, are we really Norse?

I don't expect to rush Fafnir 2: Eitr Bogalog. Take time, prepare, do our best, not jump into the maws. But if we're going to die eventually, it should be after we've slain a dragon and cemented ourselves as a Legend.
Fuck your Legend, I want to win this game and we don't have any plot armor against Etir

Because I enjoy playing this Quest and would prefer not lose the entire game because of one lizard
I'm probably not going to super-kill you folks with eitr, though it'll have its consequences. Probably something, like, Halla is as fractured as Blackhand is when Charred Soul is passed on
Fuck your glorious death I want to win this game and we don't have any plot armor against Etir
Lets, uh, not get that agitated, eh?

A hint: They're mother and son
Motherfucker. We're fighting Grendel and his unnamed momma.

Edit: Should've looked before I leaped.
Well we could bitch-slap Fafnir, but I'm quite curious about the Witch King.

[X] A Witch-King seeks his sword once more in Valland

Last edited:
Also Odr Cultivator Abjorn (eventually maybe)! Good for him, I hope he gets some peace of mind from this. I guess the other people to potentially initiate into it are Sten

If Sten can - he might already have an Odr equivalent, in his Finnish sorceries. He does, after all, spiritually trigger Finnish saunas, and we were told that Odr prevents the learning of Zeal or other foreign Internal Cultivation, which Orthstirr doesn't intervene with.

Sten might already be walking his own path to perfection, we just haven't really learned much about the Finnish stuff yet.

Choosing your battles so as to ensure victory is also a dreng thing to do, and it's bold of you to assume our victory here. That's what I mean by hubris. Like, we might win this fight, but we shouldn't assume we will. We might also just die and accomplish nothing against it.

I also feel like Fafnir is the most boring option, to me at least. Narratively speaking, our family already killed that guy, he should stay dead. Let's fight something our family hasn't fought before.

Also Odr Cultivator Abjorn (eventually maybe)! Good for him, I hope he gets some peace of mind from this. I guess the other people to potentially initiate into it are Sten and Eric, maybe Stigmar?

Sten can't, he has the Finnish Internal Resource. Eric and Stigmar could in theory...in practice we'll need to see.

If Sten can - he might already have an Odr equivalent, in his Finnish sorceries. He does, after all, spiritually trigger Finnish saunas, and we were told that Odr prevents the learning of Zeal or other foreign Internal Cultivation, which Orthstirr doesn't intervene with.

Sten might already be walking his own path to perfection, we just haven't really learned much about the Finnish stuff yet.
He explicitly does, it's literally written on his character sheet

Fuck your glorious death I want to win this game and we don't have any plot armor against Etir
We also don't have plot armor against witch kings, steelfathers and giants I don't get were this idea that this option is certain death? Dangerous? sure extremely so even but so are the other option's.

And it isn't like we're going at him tomorrow we have time to prepare for this.

And I want to kill a dragon.

We also don't have plot armor against witch kings, steelfathers and giants I don't get were this idea that this option is certain death? Dangerous? sure extremely so even but so are the other option's.

Etir kills souls and will by WoG utterly fuck up our soul when it passes on to the next Heir

In other words it will mean we're starting back at square one and that most of the research we did as Halla will be for nought

Last edited:
Fighting Grendel would be badass.

All of those are dangerous, but Fafnir is especially dangerous even by the standards of the others. There is a reason why many of us are extremely hesitant to risk going up against him.

Back