Ballista on the hawk and targets of opportunity in the scrum, Kindle-Spinners if anyone tries to break off from the scrum to prep for ranged bombardments, and we keep a contingency Boosted Contested Movement with a Puncture boosted attack to glue pot the Hawk?

If we're going to attack the Falcon, we should stick to Gale Spear though, weak enough that it should only hurt and not kill.

Ballista on the hawk and targets of opportunity in the scrum, Kindle-Spinners if anyone tries to break off from the scrum to prep for ranged bombardments, and we keep a contingency Boosted Contested Movement with a Puncture boosted attack to glue pot the Hawk?

If we're going to attack the Falcon, we should stick to Gale Spear though, weak enough that it should only hurt and not kill.

I'm mostly on board with this, but I don't think the Falcon is as fragile as all that. We don't want to kill it, but you need to double Endurance to kill if you're intentionally aiming for a knockout.

@Imperial Fister how does SHV work with regards to Puncture? It's only a Perfect some of the time so does Puncture always get through it or only against its use as a Perfect, or what?
Only gets through when it would be used as a Perfect. However, this isn't Puncture. It just forces Perfects to work like rolled defenses. The odd coating on the javelins and Thanes isn't anything new, it's just something that you've only now really taken notice of

Last edited:
SHV should be find then, we're using it as a Persistent either way, so it being treated as a rolled defense doesn't hurt it.

Actually, hmm. @Imperial Fister does the Thane thing that makes Perfects rolled effects only apply to their javelins, or is it more general? I'll also second the question on exactly how it works...what would happen with a Perfect with no dice assigned to it?

SHV should be find then, we're using it as a Persistent either way, so it being treated as a rolled defense doesn't hurt it.

Yep. And it's the one we have with area. I've got most of a plan, though I need to fiddle based on the answer to the above question.

Actually, hmm. @Imperial Fister does the Thane thing that makes Perfects rolled effects only apply to their javelins, or is it more general? I'll also second the question on exactly how it works...what would happen with a Perfect with no dice assigned to it?
It seems to just be a natural side-effect of their cultivation. If a Perfect had no dice, then it would auto-lose.
I'm sorry to bother you but what's the difference between that and Puncture?
Puncture always penetrates while this doesn't necessarily

Okay, basic plan, subject to some revision if people object. Or actually, hmm... @Imperial Fister does the Thane thing apply to shields countering a Trick? I wouldn't think so, but checking seems wise.

[X] Plan Attracting The Bird
-[X] 53d6 Attack (43d6 tricks)
-[X] 30d6 Defense (30d6 tricks)
-[X] 28d6 Intercept (28d6 tricks)
-[X] Put up a 60d6+9 (w/Hugareida) Semi-Halting Vortex to protect us and those near us (-60 Orthstirr).
-[X] If given the opportunity and it seems useful be prepared to use Stabilizing Palm or The Quickest Stitch on fallen allies.
-[X] Make a 60d6+5 Sharpenedx9 Meteoric Shot attack w/Puncture (-30 Orthstirr) on one enemy who isn't expecting it. Also make a total of up to ten 10d6+5 Sharpenedx4 Basic Attacks using our Bolt Thrower(-4 Orthstirr each) and up to one 12d6+5 (w/Hugareida) Orthstirr-Enhancedx8 Kindle Spinner (-10 Orthstirr) opportunistically(with the Kindle Spinner only used if a group of enemies separate from the scrum).
-[X] To defend our people, throw out up to two 30d6+5 (w/Hugareida) Orthstirr-Enhanced x14 Inertia-Arresting Throws to protect other groups of people not immediately around us as needed (-20 Orthstirr each)
-[X] Against the first attack against ourselves or any of our people by the 8th Decade bird where we can do so (and we'll use EWC to move if necessary to enable this) use Contested Movement adding all our Stoker State dice to the action (-3 Orthstirr, 23d6+5 or higher on the roll) counterattacking with a Chuck of a quick-drawn Glue-Pot w/Puncture (-13 Orthstirr), and if that doesn't work sacrifice a quick-drawn shield to stop it (-1 Shield).
-[X] Against attacks by the 3rd Decade bird (if it comes for us or our people) likewise use Contested Movement with one use of Fight of Our Life (-3 Orthstirr, 15d6+5 roll) and counterattack with a Firebomb-Strike + Stunner Slam combo w/Puncture (-23 Orthstirr)intended to be nonlethal and knock the bird out, and if that doesn't work sacrifice a quick-drawn shield to stop it (-1 Shield).
-[X] By default, other than the Contested Movement usages above, use our ongoing Semi-Halting Vortex to defend against all attacks against us or those near us, if things get through that or seem big and coming towards us use up to three quick-drawn shields (-1 Shield each) and then up to two 60d6+9 Reinforcedx44 Sway defenses to save ourselves(-46 Orthstirr each). If targeted by Chivalric cultivators or Norsemen not using Puncture, we will attempt to use Halting Vortex (-4 Orthstirr) or Sidestep (-2 Orthstirr) before resorting to Shields or Sway, but there's no point against Thanes.
-[X] In the event we go down to 100 Orthstirr or below stoke Frami
-[X] Tactics – The basic idea here is to defend our people and take potshots as opportunity presents and attempt to attract and intercept the 8th Decade Hawk, which we will then hit with a glue pot and disable it. If it doesn't take the bait, we'll use our Meteoric Shot on it to draw its attention. If that's not needed we'll instead use the Meteoric Shot on some other troublesome looking cultivator who's not expecting it (not one of the Chivalrics or our Kinsman).

Last edited:
You know, something occurs to me right now.

Most of the Heirs of Blackhand have done their part to continue the Bloodline, but Hal seems to be in the most danger of his lineage being severed due to the Oath he took.

And then one thought came to the other and I realized I needed a proper meme for this.

A while normally, but Halla is both very fast, very coordinated, and very strong, and we're also not spamming it so much as using it as a sniper rifle, so low RoF isn't too crazy.

[X]Plan Attracting The Bird

I like the plan, but maybe we should be more active than reactive in pirsuing the birds.

After we dealt with the birds, let's duel our Kinsman. It would be underwelming if we didn't get at least a duel in the battle, i want that jucy Orthstirr.

You know, something occurs to me right now.

Most of the Heirs of Blackhand have done their part to continue the Bloodline, but Hal seems to be in the most danger of his lineage being severed due to the Oath he took.

And then one thought came to the other and I realized I needed a proper meme for this.

The Sisters of Fate would love the irony.

Hey Halla,

1) When you evaluated Farbjorn as a '3rd' Grade Berserk, did it seem more like he should be on the.. 'higher' end of it, like a hypothetical 4th-Grade, or more on the lower end?
2) Aside from feeling tougher and getting more Shapeshift slots, did you feel any other effects?
3) Was it 'easier' to handle Frenzy when your regular Hugr 'rank' improved? What about Composure?
4) Where would your Aspect Weaving and Needlebinding be classified under Seidr?

Last edited:
1) When you evaluated Farbjorn as a '3rd' Grade Berserk, did it seem more like he should be on the.. 'higher' end of it, like a hypothetical 4th-Grade, or more on the lower end?
You're not really sure how to tell
2) Aside from feeling tougher and getting more Shapeshift slots, did you feel any other effects?
Your body is more malleable, more easy to shape and change and hold its shape without having to really focus on it.
3) Was it 'easier' to handle Frenzy when your regular Hugr 'rank' improved? What about Composure?
Yes
4) Where would your Aspect Weaving and Needlebinding be classified under Seidr?
You're not sure

Back