Would having our owl with Standstill work, keep the door from moving? I doubt a Priest has the Hamr equivalent to break it easily.

Would having our owl with Standstill work, keep the door from moving? I doubt a Priest has the Hamr equivalent to break it easily.

The Priest is explicitly stated as unlikely to get involved. Engaging with him at all seems like by far the most likely way to get him involved as it'll make him think he has skin in the game. Like, if we lock him in he'll think we're targeting him and 100% get involved in self defense. And he is a cultivator, his Soma isn't gonna be great, but he's still 6th Decade and can likely do stuff like throw holy fire.

Additionally, our Fylgja is not that durable and we get rather vast combat bonuses from having it in our soulscape due to it feeding us shields. Sending it out during combat is a bad call.

If we want to keep the Priest out of it (and we very much do), we need to scout out why he's likely staying out of it and play into that, not confront him or try and keep him out of it physically. That's much higher risk than just ignoring him would be (not that we want to do that either).

Last edited:
The Priest is likely not gonna be in play, or at least that's probably achievable. The Noble might come into play more, but he's also less powerful and a priority target for other reasons.

That's fair, it's probably just my inner paranoia that's causing me to hyperfocus on the Priest.

I think being a bit paranoid about someone who the court has little info about is a good thing. He could be stronger than advertised. Also he's a healer and buffer. It would be a good thing to keep him occupied.
While the Priest could be like Moonless Night we have other things like the old Vet and the other Chivalrics to take into account and plan arround. Adding some more thought to the priest won't be much of a stretch.

Edit: I'm also like myth, being a fellow paranoid gamer. Too many mimics.

That's fair, it's probably just my inner paranoia that's causing me to hyperfocus on the Priest.

We should absolutely be paranoid about the priest in the sense of trying to gather more information on him. I'd put that as one of our highest scouting priorities so we can arrange things so he's not involved in the actual fight. What we shouldn't do is allow our paranoia to cause us to make unforced errors and create a self-fulfilling prophecy by targeting him when he might well otherwise stay out of things.

Last edited:
You get Grace through your Pneuma. Psyche is the Hugr equivalent. Grace has more uses then just training

Huh. I did not expect the Pneuma/Grace thing, though it does make sense. Interesting. And yeah, we saw that it determines your Zeal income at the very least...

....Gabriel infused his Pneuma. Can we infuse our Hamingja??

He infused Pneuma, not Grace (which is not listed as Infused). So I doubt it, though we could try. Notably, his Grace is higher than Pneuma + Pneuma Infusion, so there are other ways to get it.

I do worry a little that Infusing our luck stat will not make our luck better just weirder, if it does work.

Last edited:
When did we see that?

Gabriel's sheet. His Armor grants +15 to rolls/+3 Speed and he has 3 Charges and 3 Meditation Slots. He is in the 4th Decade, which is to say 3 Decades above 1st and all those things being based on the number 3 is too big a coincidence for me. We don't technically know it for sure that they're Decade based, but evidence strongly suggests, and they definitely don't work like Norse in terms of passive benefits.

Gabriel's sheet. His Armor grants +15 to rolls/+3 Speed and he has 3 Charges and 3 Meditation Slots. He is in the 4th Decade, which is to say 3 Decades above 1st and all those things being based on the number 3 is too big a coincidence for me. We don't technically know it for sure that they're Decade based, but evidence strongly suggests, and they definitely don't work like Norse in terms of passive benefits.

Yeah that makes sense

Back