Seriously, let's just kidnap the Council members and keep them out of the temple long enough for their psychological problems to heal.

You know I wondered what story would count as something the general public would be interested in and then it hit me.

Ashgad's kidnapping.

We don't have to reveal that he's alive or where he went. All we need to do is make it appear there's evidence that Isard silenced opposition to increasing his own personal power.

[x]Plan: what would Ciaran do?

I have been lead to believe kidnapping does not heal psychological problems, however much I wish it did.
Um. Not sure about funny, insightful, or hug here. The deadpan delivery along with "I have been lead to believe" is fantastic for a Comedic Sociopath (see the tv trope).

Great line, great delivery, totally stealing that.

[x]Plan: what would Ciaran do?

doing both planting moles and searching for them is going to work against us, but why not?

Last edited:
[X] Kill Armand, but use the opportunity for a plan to weaken Republic Intelligence.
-[X] Have the assassin wear the stolen CI armor and be "discovered," creating the illusion of a traitor within the ranks of Republic Intelligence.

---[x] some long term for
Intelligence
purposes, some short term just to uncover more "fact" to whistleblower to the public.
I think something went wrong when you were typing this. That said . . .

[X]Plan: what would Ciaran do?

I seriously hope that those two terms will never die, even when Dr. Snark starts other quests after this one is done.
They're memes now, and memes never die! :V

[X] Kill Armand, but use the opportunity for a plan to weaken Republic Intelligence.
-[X] Have the assassin wear the stolen CI armor and be "discovered," creating the illusion of a traitor within the ranks of Republic Intelligence.

Last edited:
Silly as this plan admittedly is, having a mess of things all go off at once makes some amount of sense, and does portray the guy we're killing as having not been keeping things in order. I would say that faking a botched Op would likely be best to do first, followed by the whistle blower to compound public scrutiny, then the actual assassination last, as if in response to the previous events and while everyone is watching. Hell, if we're lucky, we'll get some conspiracy nuts telling everyone that the whole thing was a plot by the Senate to remove a failed commander.

...Also, someone should actually write that up, since there's not actually a plan, just a bunch of votes for it.

Last edited:
We definitely also need to start thinking of, and looking into, contingencies to neutralize Mas Amedda and Sate Pestage. Terminating them seems the obvious choice, but given Pestage's long association and loyalty to Palpatine, he might be useful as an intelligence source.

Back