[X] Plan Research and Political Plots
-[X] You Growl.
-[X][Faith] Healing For All! - (0/1 Turns Complete) - (-7 Materials)
-[X][Faith] Build A School - (Big) - (Mirn) - (2/6 Turns Complete) - (3FF)
-[X][Diplomacy] Kick 'Em While They're Down! - (3 Turns Remaining) - (0/1 Turns Complete)
--[X]+3FF
-[X][Martial] Make A Man Out Of You! - (The Unbroken) - (Tech-Scouts) - (0/3 Turns Complete)
-[X][Learning] Catalog Everything - (Advanced Electronics/Hydraulics/Mechanics, Electronics/Hydraulics/Mechanics) - (6/8 Successes)
--[X] +1SC, +(Fuel Distributor +20 to Hydraulics,Actuator +20 to Hydraulics)
-[X][Learning] Building up Steam - (Advanced Metallurgy/Advanced Alloys/Advanced Mechanics/Mechanics/Advanced Hydraulics/Hydraulics/Advanced Machinery/Machinery) - (3/8 Successes)
--[X]+(Rusted Block With Missin Circles +20 to Advanced Metallurgy)
-[X][Archeology] Prepare an Expedition - (SO-01) - (2 Turns) - (House Mirn support: Y)
-[X][Tree of Knowledge] Light It Up! - (1/4 Turns Complete)
-[X][Tree of Knowledge] Salt Refinement - Deep Pumps - (1/3 Turns Complete)
-[X][Holdings] Prepare Quarters - (-6.40 Materials)
-[X][Personal action] Be With Selene
-[X][Personal action] Too Much To Do - (Dig For Information) - (0/1 Turns Complete) - (-2.4 Materials)
--[X] +6FF
-[X] Merchants - (All Are Free Actions)
--[X] Buying Goods In Bulk - (Poor-House - (Mirn))
--[X] Payback loan: -11.70 Materials
-[X] The Adventurer Guild - (1 Free Action)
--[X] Guardians For Hire - (Prisoner) - (-1.5 Materials)
-[X] Stupendously Scholastic Scholars of Science - (1 Free Action)
--[X] Suffer Their Arrogance - (-6 Materials) - (1FF) - (2/4 Turns Complete)

I think Selene mentioned that kids get some basic-education in the orphanages. I'm going to look for some quotes and edit them into this post if I find some.
The point is that a school frees up parents from needing to provide childcare during the day. This means they have more time to produce an income and this helps lift them out of poverty. You pair this with adult literacy classes to help people use their newfound time to further make themselves more hire able. Over time you lift people out of poverty.

[X] Plan Research and Political Plots

@HeroCooky I know its a bit early but can I place my omake bonus points now so that if I sleep in on the rolling day its not impossible for me to do so?

@Karmoa, I strongly, strongly recommend we skip Kick 'Em this turn in favour of using a regular action on Dig For Information and pairing it with Lead By Example. We need that extra boost, it's a huge difference in the odds.

@Karmoa, I strongly, strongly recommend we skip Kick 'Em this turn in favour of using a regular action on Dig For Information and pairing it with Lead By Example. We need that extra boost, it's a huge difference in the odds.
That tag didn't work, probably because of the K. Anyway, why? "Lead By Example" gives only a +20 while doing it as a Personal action gives +35.
Piety: 89% (+35 to personal rolls)

………………………………………… no.

[X] You Growl.

Selene barely survived the attack and Silvia is probably blind. Ugh...

I'm overjoyed at the first bit, and have already predicted the latter.

*kicks InSec badge under the rug*

*deadpan stare* She's part of Internal Security, isn't she?

Also, DYK that I almost had a rage-induced aneurysm when I leant that Selene had been attacked?

And probably mentally scar her when she walks into one of their frequent 'breaks' or while they are 'hugging.'

I'm honestly surprised that Selene isn't near-constantly pregnant with all the 'aggressive snuggling' that she does with her husband.

I'm honestly surprised that Selene isn't near-constantly pregnant with all the 'aggressive snuggling' that she does with her husband.
Silphium, a medicinal plant, grows everywhere on Calynth. It's a spruced up version of the one in RL, and mainly used as a very effective contraceptive.

So even Selenes 'agressive snuggling' has about the same chance to result in a baby as doing it once without taking the plant. And she hadn't had a reason not to take it until she married.

Edit: The same risk as doing it once without, spread out over a whole month of 'aggressive snuggling'.

Last edited:
Warning: Due to a work-related issue (three hours of production haven't been logged), the vote will have 1(one) additional day added to it.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I think Selene mentioned that kids get some basic-education in the orphanages. I'm going to look for some quotes and edit them into this post if I find some.

Edit: I couldn't find anything. The only mention of the orphanages run by the Followers of Light was during turn 17, specifically that the orphans have to repay the orphanage and that that is the reason why they actually search if any child gets lost/kidnapped.

On the other hand, Selene got a job with a noble so there should be some education. But on the third hand, the A Hoofed Heart Interlude mentions that her reputation was "Sapient Decoration".:confused:
I can answer that.

Most people in Slatnan (64%) are capable of basic (2nd grade) reading, writing, and math. Mostly due to their parents teaching them, but some due to the rare teacher doing it publicly for free. Orphanages teach their charges to the same level, but mostly because it gets them better jobs, and therefore allows them to pay back faster.

And Selenes job was "be pretty and allow me to look charitable," as described by Lady Maranica. The rest of her servants took this as gospel and didn't bother looking closer. Not that they would have found anything, of course.

It's not like she could use someone with enhanced hearing, who would be actively ignored, in the middle of high-society gatherings. Where booze is free and secrets are loose.

Silphium, a medicinal plant, grows everywhere on Calynth. It's a spruced up version of the one in RL, and mainly used as a very effective contraceptive
It also goes really well with fish as seen when this guy recreate an ancient Silphium sauce. It is a really unique flavor that I am really curious to try myself one day.

Sooo...

I have a crazy question that just came at me from out of nowhere...

What are the odds we can start Protestantism? I can think of no better way to fuck the Church up hard than to have it schism. The best way to have it schism is for a priest to break away and survive while still maintaining his local congregation. We should keep our eye out for such a priest and if said priest is inclined to dump the anti-mutated part of the doctrine we should maybe see if there is some way we can subtly support them.

Last edited:
Sooo...

I have a crazy question that just came at me from out of nowhere...

What are the odds we can start Protestantism? I can think of no better way to fuck the Church up hard than to have it schism. The best way to have it schism is for a priest to break away and survive while still maintaining his local congregation. We should keep our eye of for such a priest and if said priest is inclined to dump the anti-mutated part of the doctrine we should maybe see if there is some way we can subtly support them.
...I'll get back to you on that, after thinking how that would mechanically go down.

But... thats a really, really good idea.

(And no, you cannot use Alhas for that. He firmly noped out of the COE.)

Back