We need more profit avenues then, the good and bad thing on Staltan is that we are good on food and producing is easy we could use our comercial ships to trasport luxury foods to certain regions to a moderate income i guess.

We need more profit avenues then, the good and bad thing on Staltan is that we are good on food and producing is easy we could use our comercial ships to trasport luxury foods to certain regions to a moderate income i guess.
For money we can always pull out more ships for trading lanes or supply routes. It's just saving the actions for it.

You gained the access codes to a Shelter that can contain over 12 million people, with all the sweet loot that comes with that, and the titanic riches stored where the 12 million people should have been.

You're poking at a Necropolis in active decay for Artifacts, now try a near pristine metropolis.

....Alright, I'll admit I missed that.

But still, we didn't even get to talk to him about the pre-fall a little bit? I'm getting really annoyed at Insec.

Yeah, there's not much we can do about Insec at this point. We cannot keep them out and they would not let us live if we could. At least our goals seem to align 90% of the time.

Though I am sad that the pre fall man was taken away, it would have been fun to see his reaction at the pilgrims. I hope they didn't just shoot him or locked him up.

I say be glad Insec Exists because I have no idea how we could deal with those warheads at all and the Russian has probably been put in a house arrest situation were he is treated well just can't move around much.

No, as there is no lessons to apply there, airship doctrine is what you come up with, for now.
Ah, Ok. A different question about "War Lessons" then. Would they be "used up" if we send PD or the Wall to fight the Gargoyles? Both currently have the "War Lessons" bonus, but if the Gargoyle hunt used them up, then we could only re-new them on 1 unit before they have to leave for the expedition.

There is no limit at all, but some artifacts will open new research rather than add traits.

Overloading a research will also be reflected in both story and researched item, as there is such a thing as too much good.
That's good to know, makes coming to a decision not easier though. Combat Stimms is obvious because the Injector could influence costs due to storage and how anything developed gets applied. The Stimulants fit best what is mentioned in the project description as boosters.

The ammunition upgrade... Target Seeking Explosives fit with Seeker Shells/Explosive Warheads, Sleep-Gas Bombs fits Sleeping/Choking Gas, Hydrochloric Halucinogenic Acid fits Acid Globules.

But there are other Artefacts we have that could also "fit" like Non-Biological Affecting Acids, Electro-Spool, Calibration-Matrix, or Prototype Fuel Refiner. And God knows what stuff like Theorem On Celestial Movements, Äther-Battery, Physic Theorems, or Calculations On Sandcrete would do.

Oh, and the vote is open?

Also, @karmaoa, why loot the outer defenses? It seems to me to be the least useful if the three options right now.
Three Four reasons.
1. The option explicitly mentions the weapon systems that tried to shoot us down. I assume they were locked up or hidden beforehand, and thus protected from the elements or Mutants. They aren't any more now, so I think the quality of what we can get is going to deteriorate over time.
2. They are Military Artifacts and there is a failure chance on that action, which makes me think that those Artefacts could blow up. Maybe nothing happens if we leave them, but I think there is a risk they could blow up on their own or once a Mutant stumbles over them. That's a problem if we have people stay around the bunker.
3. While they are Military Artifacts, most Artefacts have 2-3 different... applications? Advanced Weapons/Psychology/Chemicals or Advanced Weapons/Programming/Machinery, etc. There will obviously be mostly weapons or armor, but those Artefacts could be useful for other stuff too.

Also; the description of "Loot The Bunkers Entrance" makes me nervous, so if a bunch of robots burst up into the foyer I prefer to be outside and use the bunker entrance as a chokepoint.:V

Oh hey, I'm the guy that did the analysis of the deal we could take. Someone posted something about adding engines to our farming operations, and I checked them out. An engine for 25 material to turn the D4s into d12s. If this was done, the deal gets much better.

A D4 with the deal turns an average of 2.5 into a steady 3. Not impressive. However, it turns a D12 from an average of 6.5 to a steady 9, an increase of 2.5. It is obvious that the deal favors larger dice which have a wider range of yields.

Just the Ashleaf-Nursury has 10d4 to it, so an engine is a great investment. Without the deal, from our current income, it gives an average income increase of 40 and static increase of 65 (Engine+Deal=Steady 90 Material per turn.)

Yeah, but that's still not enough for me to feel it's worth the political shenanigans.
HeroCooky confirmed that it's more an OOC bookkeeping thing.
OOC bookkeeping disguised with IC reasoning.

And now, to vote.

[X] Accept The Deal

[X] Plan Artefact Overkill
-[X][Faith] Build A Humane Primitive Asylum - (Mirn) - (0/1 Turns Complete) - (-25 Materials, -4 Goodwill)
-[X][Faith] Localized Headquarters - (Mirn) - (0/1 Turns Complete) - (-20 Materials)
-[X][Diplomacy] Trading Favors - (0/1 Turns Complete)
-[X][Martial] Build A Training Field - (Expanded) - (1/4 Turns Completed)
--[X] [Martial] Add (Mortar (Primitive)) to (The Unbroken) - (-23.75 Materials)
--[X] [Martial] Earmark 30 Materials for new equipment for (The Unbroken)
--[X] [Martial] Add (Mortar (Primitive)) to (The Wall) - (-23.75 Materials)
--[X] [Martial] Earmark 30 Materials for new equipment for (The Wall)
-[X][Learning] Payloads May Vary - (Physics/All Chemicals/Advanced Weapons) - (0/3 Successes) - (-24 Materials)
--[X] (Scientific Theory +15, Black Box +5)=+20
--[X] Sleep-Gas Bombs +50 to Pioneer Chemicals/Biology/Weapons, Hydrochloric Halucinogenic Acid +20 to Advanced Weapons/Psychology/Chemicals=+70
-[X][Learning] Combat Stimms Round 2 - (Advanced Medicine/Biology/Chemicals) - (0/3 Successes)
--[X] (2 [DOC] +24, 1 [SC] +12, Scientific Theory +15, +5FF)=+56
--[X] Autonomous Preservative Injector +20 to Advanced Hydraulics/Chemicals, Stimulants +50 to Pioneer Biology=+70
-[X][Learning] The Means Of Reproduction - (All Chemicals/Medicine/Biology) - (9/20 Successes)
--[X] [PD], [DoD], (Scientific Theory +15)=+15
--[X]-
-[X][Archeology] Loot The Bunkers Outer Defenses - (0/3 Turns Complete)
--[X] (2 [ENG] +28, +6FF)=+34
-[X][Tree of Knowledge] Assemble An Engine - (Ashleaf Nursery) (0/2 Turns Complete) - (-25 Materials) - [Sandcrete](-12.5 Materials)
-[X][Tree of Knowledge] Library - (Basic) - (4/6 Turns Complete)
-[X][Holdings] Expand The Marketplace - Population Focus - (1/3 Turns Complete)
--[X] Hire Contractors - (1*7 Materials= -7Materials)
-[X][Aria action] Relax - (Explore the Daughter of Dawn) - (0/1 Turns Complete)
-[X][Martyris action] Too Much To Do - (Gargoyle Problems - (PD, the Wall, the Unbroken)) - (0/1 Turns Complete)
-[X]+6FF
-[X][Martyris action] Too Much To Do - (Infiltrate Part 2 - (The Lost)) - (1/2 Turns Complete)
--[X]+6FF

-[X] Merchants - (All Are Free Actions)
--[X] Backroom Deals - (Local Base (Mirn))
--[X] Repay Loan - (-25 Materials)
-[X] The Adventurer Guild - (1 Action)
--[X] Investigate - (Criminal Organisations) - (-3 Materials)
-[X] The Military - (1 Action)
--[X] War Lessons - (The Unbroken) - (-2 Materials)
-[X] The Union Of Herbalists - (Choose 1 Action)
--[X] Study Sessions - (3/8 Turns Complete) - (-2.50 Material)
-[X] Stupendously Scholastic Scholars of Science - (1 Action)
--[X] Suffer Their Arrogance - (0/4 Turns Complete) - (-6 Materials, -1FF)
-[X] The Followers Of Light - (1 Action)
--[X] We Work As One - (Build A Humane Primitive Asylum - (Mirn))
-[X] Conclave Of Fraya - (1 Action)
--[X] Eternal Arts - (Norqod) - (2/21 Turns Complete) - (-5 Materials)

Costs: 25 Materials+ 20 Materials+ 23.75 Materials+ 23.75 Materials+ 30 Materials+ 30 Materials+ 24 Materials+ 25 Materials+ 7 Materials+ 25 Materials+ 12.5 Materials+ 2 Materials+ 3 Materials+ 2.50 Materials+ 6 Materials+ 5 Materials= 264.5 Materials
Budget: 291.75 Materials
Remaining budget:291.75 Materials - 264.5 Materials = 27.25 Materials

I'm still not sure if I should change some of the Artefacts, for extra bonuses or new Learning options. Also; If anyone thinks a different Archeology action would be better, then speak up.

Oh, and I added Sandcrete to the Engine Action so that we get more Materials sooner and don't have to pay for 2 Tree Actions next Turn. God, 2 Actions at once would be ridiculously expensive.

Edit: Added Contractors for "Expand The Marketplace - Population Focus" and The Followers Of Light: We Work As One.
Edit 2: Changed some of the Artefacts and added The Adventurer Guild: Investigate - (Criminal Organisations).

Last edited:
Can we even put sancrete on the engine action? If not you could move it to the holding action to finish the marketplace.
@HeroCooky Can we use Sandcrete on "Assemble An Engine"?

If we can't I would switch it to "Library - (Basic)", because I really want to avoid starting 2 Tree projects on the same Turn. The cheapest Tree project costs 25 Materials(Assemble An Engine), everything else costs around 40 Materials or more. Starting 2 projects could cost easily 80 Materials.

Remaining budget:291.75 Materials - 254.5 Materials = 37.25 Materials
Considering the Materials we'd have left over, is there a reason why you're not spending 7 Materials to Hire Contractors to finish Norqod's Expanded Marketplace this turn? We'd still have 30.25 Materials to spare afterwards if you did.

Also, I feel like we should take The Followers Of Light: We Work As One action for the Humane Primitive Asylum. We're not using their action for anything else, and I think the narrative effects of the Pilgrims and Followers Of Light collaborating on this project will be beneficial in the long run, especially when you consider that the Followers Of Light are overwhelmingly the largest religion in Tessen.
67% Followers of Light
13% Myras Chosen
13% Miscellaneous Faiths
9% Pilgrims

Last edited:
Considering the Materials we'd have left over, is there a reason why you're not spending 7 Materials to Hire Contractors to finish Norqod's Expanded Marketplace this turn? We'd still have 30.25 Materials to spare afterwards if you did.
Mainly because that would mean starting a new Holding project next Turn, with the cheapest costing 17 Materials. No new income from that(Simple Hospital) though. But I guess there is either overlap with a new Tree project next Turn or the following Turn. We, either way, have to deal with around a 60-80 Material cost for two categories during a single Turn at some point...

Also, I feel like we should take The Followers Of Light: We Work As One action for the Humane Primitive Asylum.
Sure. Let's hope we get an idealist for that project and not a zealot.

Mainly because that would mean starting a new Holding project next Turn, with the cheapest costing 17 Materials. No new income from that(Simple Hospital) though. But I guess there is either overlap with a new Tree project next Turn or the following Turn. We, either way, have to deal with around a 60-80 Material cost for two categories during a single Turn at some point...
For holding actions, the Artist Alley is not that expensive (29), will take a while and will give income upon completion. We could let that run in the background.

We could also consider moving an action from the tree to somewhere else. Most of the infrastructure is done and what remains is expensive, plus the repeatable action we can use a hero action instead.

Oh hey, I'm the guy that did the analysis of the deal we could take. Someone posted something about adding engines to our farming operations, and I checked them out. An engine for 25 material to turn the D4s into d12s. If this was done, the deal gets much better.

A D4 with the deal turns an average of 2.5 into a steady 3. Not impressive. However, it turns a D12 from an average of 6.5 to a steady 9, an increase of 2.5. It is obvious that the deal favors larger dice which have a wider range of yields.

Just the Ashleaf-Nursury has 10d4 to it, so an engine is a great investment. Without the deal, from our current income, it gives an average income increase of 40 and static increase of 65 (Engine+Deal=Steady 90 Material per turn.)
I was the one who brought up adding engines to the farms. I really wanted to do it for the Ashleaf nursery because it gains an additional dice every 3 turns and caps at 20d4.

-[X][Learning] Payloads May Vary - (Physics/All Chemicals/Advanced Weapons) - (0/3 Successes) - (-24 Materials)
--[X] (1 [SC] +12, Scientific Theory +15, Black Box +5)=+32
--[X] Target Seeking Explosives +50 to Pioneer Weapons/Electronics/Programming, Sleep-Gas Bombs +50 to Pioneer Chemicals/Biology/Weapons, Hydrochloric Halucinogenic Acid +20 to Advanced Weapons/Psychology/Chemicals=+120
Wait, why are you putting a bonus of +152 on an action with CoS's of 71/43/21? We only need +79 to get all 3 successes needed to pass the action. I understand that artifacts we assign to research affects the final product, but this is too much. Maybe take off the Target Seeking Explosives and Scientist? That leaves us with a bonus of +90, and artifacts related to gas and acid payloads. Given how flawed our current mortars are, I don't think Target Seeking will be enough to compensate if they totally miss.

-[X][Learning] Combat Stimms Round 2 - (Advanced Medicine/Biology/Chemicals) - (0/3 Successes)
--[X] [PD], [DoD], (2 [DOC] +24, Scientific Theory +15)=+39
--[X] Autonomous Preservative Injector +20 to Advanced Hydraulics/Chemicals, Stimulants +50 to Pioneer Biology=+70
Similarly, why are PD and DoD assigned here, rather than on Means Of Reproduction? The CoS's are 50/04/-24%, so we need +124 to guarantee all 3 successes and pass the action. Take the Scientist from the above action, and toss 3 Faithful on it, then the bonus will be +124.
-[X][Learning] The Means Of Reproduction - (All Chemicals/Medicine/Biology) - (9/20 Successes)
--[X] (Scientific Theory +15,+6FF)=+21
--[X]-
The CoS's for this is 99/95/90, so +15 from Scientific Theory more than covers it, so we can take the Faithful on it to apply them elsewhere, like Combat Stimms Round 2. Instead, PD and DoD should be assigned here to speed up the completion, as it's currently our longest research project.

...We should also probably have The Adventurer's Guild Investigate the Criminal Organizations. We're about to have a good portion of our military leave the region for a couple turns, I'd like to know if the Gangs are planning to take action against us during that time. Thankfully it's cheap, 3 Materials.

Back