Changing Destiny (Kancolle)

Eh, multiple hulls and tumblehome shape undeniably look cool... but that's sadly not the same as being effective in a semi-realistic setting like this one, where the premise is "the real world plus ship spirits."

Eh, multiple hulls and tumblehome shape undeniably look cool... but that's sadly not the same as being effective in a semi-realistic setting like this one, where the premise is "the real world plus ship spirits."
At the time, the conversation was essentially 'He should make the Navy build them only like this.'

Just letting Celly know what it was about.

By the way, a lot of old locomotive were melted down during the war for the steel. Does this mean that, theoretically, Sara is Superwoman? She would be more powerful than a locomotive. :V

Just letting Celly know what it was about.

By the way, a lot of old locomotive were melted down during the war for the steel. Does this mean that, theoretically, Sara is Superwoman? She would be more powerful than a locomotive. :V
Here's something Thompson can do: Buy a bunch of Superman #1 comics! :V
Or enjoy all the Golden Age zaniness. Batman using a gun, Superman casually defying the justice system, everyone punching animals!

Information: Nobody's in trouble
nobody's in trouble Rightyo then. I've messaged @Skywalker_T-65 and here's what's happening.

I'm putting a threadbanner at the bottom of the page. This is so the staff don't have to keep coming in here reminding people to keep derails and thread disruption to a minimum.

Please keep things on topic and civil.

And yeah, that's kind of it. No one's in trouble, no one's getting booted from the thread, that's all.

(Awkwardly sidles out.)

Last edited:
Alright then. Let's get back on track here folks. Sky I have a quick question, since I am having a hard time in pegging exactly at what time we are in the story. But would have at this time Captain Marc Mitscher have seen the USS Hornet CV-8 by now? As in not gone aboard but has at least seen her hull under construction?

And remember the fluttering of the butterflies too. Mitscher might not even get assigned to Hornet. Heck, it could even happen that Sara's current captain or XO gets transferred to command Hornet to bring the new ship up to the new tactics that Thompson has been implementing faster. Mitscher could end up on Sara as a new captain to get acclimatized to the new tactics from the master tactician himself. :confused:

And remember the fluttering of the butterflies too. Mitscher might not even get assigned to Hornet. Heck, it could even happen that Sara's current captain or XO gets transferred to command Hornet to bring the new ship up to the new tactics that Thompson has been implementing faster. Mitscher could end up on Sara as a new captain to get acclimatized to the new tactics from the master tactician himself. :confused:

Once again, this reminded me of that Polandball screen ppl bounced around on this thread earlier:
Mitscher: *pretends to talk like a (trigger warning for period-appropriate slang abbreviation, for those easily offended) "Jap" for some joke* "Teach me sempai!"
Thompson: *aside, due to sudden cold sweat* "What the hell did I do to history and to him?."

Last edited:
I gave you a Funny, even if the sentence had unsettling yandere undertones... :o

So Sky said something about the next bit going to be in pasta land... so has the Regia Marina gotten a time traveler too? And which ship would he be on?

Speculation ahoy! My bet's on Pola.

Back