Changing Destiny (Kancolle)

American Ship Girls
And now, triple post ho!

These are our main American heroines, at the moment. Haven't gotten art for Yorktown or Lex or Hornet or Skip yet, but that'll come. Eventually. >.>

Let's recall that Destiny!Sara has that holdover blue hair from my original Pacific!Lex inspired design. And I'm still too lazy to go back and change every mention of 'blue hair' to 'brown hair'. So the blue stays.

Otherwise, this is about what she looks like. Minus the bare arms, but this is the closest I could get with the dress.

next:

Still cute, hopefully.

Probably the single hardest to get right (or as close as I can) was Utah. This thing is not designed for mature looking characters. I had to do some serious improv with the eyes and this fits better for post!Pearl Utah who is...rather depressed. To say the least.

The final one of the bunch (so far) is Ari. I will admit that I changed her eyes to blue for this, because I found the blue worked better than the brown. Go figure :V

I like how you portrayed Kaga. Heavily affected by her actions in the Sino-Japanese War and now probably having witnessed (kinda) Akagi's reaction to the heavy losses among her pilots... she's stoic from experience.

Huh... that ending bit does raise the question: can a ship spirit take a bullet for a human when their still just a spirit?

Last edited:
I like how you portrayed Kaga. Heavily affected by her actions in the Sino-Japanese War and now probably having witnessed (kinda) Akagi's reaction to the heavy losses among her pilots... she's stoic from experience.

Huh... that ending bit does raise the question: can a ship spirit take a bullet for a human when their still just a spirit?
They're perfectly able to manipulate objects in or on their hull. I'd consider it stranger if they couldn't bitchslap bullets out of the air, let alone take them for their Admiral.

a double post, with a third for pictures? truly you are very generous. and we are very greatful.

And Ari being cute is adorable.

Utah needs a lot of TLC and i am sure her captain will give it to her. And considering the odds right now, HiCom will probably place her as an attache to the Captain, and maybe bump him up to Admiral considering the only SHipGirl in the fleet is his ship.

And damn it! Sara...NOOOOO!!!!

That's probably for destroyers and similar speed freaks to do, in all honesty.

It's less about how fast they can move and more how fast they can react. I mean one could mount an argument that since ships have inferior reaction times to humans (since, after all, their reactions are dependent on a large number of humans receiving orders the hard way and then individually taking the time to execute those orders), a shipgirl should also have below-average reaction times compared to humans. More plausibly, since shipgirls are individual entities while ships are not, they should have the same average reaction time as humans. In either case, swatting a round out of the air would still remain beyond the capabilities of a shipgirl. Of course, this doesn't really matter in the end analysis: simply bodychecking the individual will do the job just as well.

Even if that oversized stack made for an easy reference to sight in on.

L-l-lewd! :oops:
I apologize profusely for how long this took to get up and that it isn't horribly long.

Don't. It's great to see you up and writing.
Who knew when she would see the Marine again, after all!

Several days later, she finds out he's been permanently assigned to her.
Still cute, hopefully.

Yes she is.

It's less about how fast they can move and more how fast they can react. I mean one could mount an argument that since ships have inferior reaction times to humans (since, after all, their reactions are dependent on a large number of humans receiving orders the hard way and then individually taking the time to execute those orders), a shipgirl should also have below-average reaction times compared to humans. More plausibly, since shipgirls are individual entities while ships are not, they should have the same average reaction time as humans. In either case, swatting a round out of the air would still remain beyond the capabilities of a shipgirl. Of course, this doesn't really matter in the end analysis: simply bodychecking the individual will do the job just as well.
To be fair, Shipgirls (even in slightly less corporeal states) don't exactly play nice with reasonable expectations or physics...

We've even seen shell-slapping schenanigans in Canon (vs a 16in shell no less), so there's no reason a particularly motivated Sara couldn't pull it off vs a smaller one.

There's a reason MSSB is a term in this sort of story :p.

To be fair, Shipgirls (even in slightly less corporeal states) don't exactly play nice with reasonable expectations or physics...

Point.

We've even seen shell-slapping shenanigans in Canon (vs a 16in shell no less), so there's no reason a particularly motivated Sara couldn't pull it off vs a smaller one.

A canon. The anime doesn't exactly line up with some of the other official material. :V

Also, I should note that I forgot that Sky was using the WSG Saratoga for this fic, which means I had the mental image of the rather bustier and taller kancolle canon Saratoga tackling Thompson.

Last edited:
i think someone's about to summon her rigging....

Damn, looks E is already having her famous luck play a role. I would like to see a chapter where we get to see the Japanese air attack from Enterprise's POV.

The moment you underestimate your opponent, you have lost. The moment you believe yourself superior, you have lost. This is a lesson we have always known. Or so I thought.

There was no hesitation, as Sara threw her injured body over Thompson and into her bridge. As the sound of machine gun fire rang in her ears, it was all she could do.​

1. Oh Kaga, Japan hasn't remembered this in about a decade, maybe even a decade and a half, by now...

2. "THAT ONE BOUNCED!" applies a lot. If only it was KanColle Sara, there would be even more bounciness...

Also, I should note that I forgot that Sky was using the WSG Saratoga for this fic, which means I had the mental image of the rather bustier and taller kancolle canon Saratoga tackling Thompson.

I remember that fact of this fic all too well, due to it reducing the quantity of boing in the story :(

Bouncy, bouncy...

No, Iowa, that is not the way you "protect the carrier".

Nor did the fact she couldn't actually talk to Hiryuu.

And so, Kaga could not bear to look at her.
I find this to be interesting. Is this a condition that affects Kaga, or can none of the IJN ship spirits actually talk directly to each other?

A fine prize, to be sure, but also a tough target. Even if that oversized stack made for an easy reference to sight in on.

Honestly, there is none of the grace of our carriers.
Grace won't stop overall poor designs and DamCon practices from condemning your carriers to fiery deaths from otherwise survivable damage.

A silver speck of a Zero rapidly grew in size, as it dove in an obvious attempt to strafe the officer standing on Sara's bridge-wing. The Japanese pilot was heedless of the fire all around him. He didn't seem to care about the Wildcats diving after him.

He was filled with a single-minded determination to kill an American officer and nothing would stop him.

"Admiral, get down!"
...Well then. Something of a banzai charge by that Zero pilot. Definitely need to get those Oerlikons and Bofors online as soon as possible, since it was made clear here from both the earlier bomb hit and that suicidal strafe run that Brownings and Chicago pianos are grossly inadequate at defending against these kinds of attacks. Also, a change of on-duty/wartime uniform for officers might need to be considered...

Thanks for the updates Sky!

I find this to be interesting. Is this a condition that affects Kaga, or can none of the IJN ship spirits actually talk directly to each other?
I'm not too familiar with the equipment of Japanese ships, but perhaps they didn't have an equivalent for the TBS sets that IIRC the US ship spirits are piggybacking off of to talk with each other? That or they don't know yet that they can use those.

Hilarious that that Japanese pilot says that the Lexingtons lack grace compared to their own carriers - when they've got the sins against aesthetics known as Akagi, Kaga, and Ryujo in their fleet.

Hilarious that that Japanese pilot says that the Lexingtons lack grace compared to their own carriers - when they've got the sins against aesthetics known as Akagi, Kaga, and Ryujo in their fleet.
While I agree with the quoted post, from their point of view, well...

I wonder if any of the IJN ship came back from the future smack dab in their homeland and very confused about all this and would their try to change the future ?.

On a other note
Finally get to play kantai collection game and is the best shit ever.!!!

Somehow got SHOUKAKU in normal construction considering all salty about her drop rate

I was at level 6 btw when I get her

Last edited:
Back