The Long Founding (Warhammer 40k)

Voting is open
[] Plan: The Flame of Truth.

I realy realy hope the democratic world make it se we can spread that.

eddit:[X] Plan: The Gift of Wisdom.

Last edited:
You let out a sigh of exhaustion as you finish working on the Word Bearers Gene-Seed. You have had a very long few days. The procedure for adding a secondary Gene-Seed into a primary one is a complex and difficult process even for you, but you find it overall more stable than the…. Other methods of Gene-Seed splicing.

If all goes as planned, then hopefully at least some of Lorgar's sons will do the job they were meant to do... Unlike Lorgar himself.

Curse that traitor….. Horus may be the Arch Traitor, but it was Lorgar and that blasted adopted father of his that spread the rot.

You should have used Face Melter on that spineless, conniving, treacherous, Nurgling munching, rust for brains, ass kissing, zealous, brain dead stupid, infuriatingly lucky, backstabbing, ungrateful, mushroom stomached, contemptuous, piece of Grox excrement the moment you laid eyes on it.

The coward didn't even show up at the Siege of Terra! At least the other traitors actually put their Thrones where their mouth was!
hah, it really was due to the planet he landed on by but it does stem from him and his legion. and wow Grimm is creative with his insults and swears. And Grimm is right, most of the others were at terra itself even if they weren't helping or following Perturabo battleplans.

Expendables
2 charges of Legendary Gene-Seed.
2 Charge of Adaptive Gene-Seed.
2 Charge of Potent Gene-Seed.
1 Charge of Secondary Gene-Seed (Word Bearers)
Okay not a bad stockpile rthere at all... oh wait did we not get extra equipment this time around? oh well, we have a bunch of charges.

[ ] Penancia II: During the Heresy the planet of Penancia II sent a great many soldiers to aid in the loyalists' cause. However, most of them wound up killed in transit, and the people of Penancia felt it was their fault. Despite the fact no one in the Imperium even slightly blames them for it - it's not like they were the ones flying the blasted ships - the people of Penancia II have taken to flagellation and ritual scarring of themselves en masse, to atone for failing the rest of humanity.
and more new planets! we really aren't going to be able to get to do all of them and more just keep popping up. Ah so this feels like Krieg with the planet wide guilt and all, viewing their failure in the Hersey for the troops that never arrived and that it would have change things if they made it. Not sure about this one to be honest, good for a repentant and religious chapter for sure but not much else.

[ ] Wasteland: A world of constant war, both by the forces of Chaos and several Xenos of note to the Imperium such as the Orks and Eldar, the aptly named planet of Wasteland is routinely invaded by multiple hostile forces at the same time. It has never fallen however - for these forces are usually at least as hostile to each other as they are to humanity. Oddly enough, despite the damage of the constant warfare, the local wildlife has proven remarkably hardy, and the planet is actually covered in swampland instead of the lifeless desert you would expect from somewhere with this many battles on it. You'd love to study them, but your augments report that your odds of having any free time this millenia remain exactly as they have been since the Heresy. Which is to say, 0.0000[infinitely repeating]0001%.
okay... I didn't expect a contested World to be a candidate for a Chapter Homeworld at all this would be a big fight and mostly swamp with tough wildlife... the Chapter here will gain a lot of experience at least. Poor grimm, a good candidate for his wanted project of fixing the food problem but denied. its just teasing him with the reports of the wildlife there.

[ ] Occa: An oceanic planet, dominated by giant creatures descended from the ancient 'Killer Whales' of ancient Terra's lore. Thankfully, despite being the apex predator the actual whales are among the least aggressive to humans on record. Which is a very good thing, since everything else is dangerous enough for the planet to qualify for death world status without the supersized orcas.
Oh joy, ocean world with Roided and bigger Killer Whales... huh, strange for why the whales avoid humans OH the rest of the world is a deathworld, joy. Well which Chapter would be best for an Ocean world? I think the Ultramarines honestly since it would give them an extra Planet trait to roll.

[ ] Kerztak: The planet of Kerztak is dominated entirely by grass plains…. And massive tornadoes of such ferocity that they've been known to rip Imperator Titans to shreds. The locals, needless to say, have gotten very good at avoiding them.
pfffft so this planet is just Space Kansas or Nebraska? I do wonder how it is as it seems a lot more nomadic and the like, how would a Fortress Monastery be like this place? White Scars are an obvious choice here but that's because we don't have much info on it besides it. I could see gear or such based on the environment here, maybe more flight training or focus on aircraft here?

Ultramarines for not having a trait, got two rolls from what they get from the world.
Oh so no legendary trait but that's why they get the extra trait from the planet? was wondering what the trade off was.

Lets all remember their true legendary trait before this gets off track.

Spawn FPS protagonist.

Or well technically the Space Marine games are more third person but still.
Hahahaha, yes it is being the poster boys and focus of Space Marine games and getting screen time. Que the fans outraged and demanding the Steel Champions get spotlight, seriously with how well the Steel Champions turned out and their chapter culture and history this Chapter would be a fan favorite.

which GW has make sure the Imperium isn't just look at what they did with the agri-worlds because they wanted morew grimdark!
... should.. Should I ask what is bad about the Agri-worlds? Its just a world being used to produce food for the Hive worlds and doing unsustainable farming practices that leave the world barren and stripped of a lot of nutrients and the like. They ruin a fertile and great world for just being a food exporter for much longer.

[X] Plan: The Gift of Wisdom.

Spread the secret goddess of wisdom. (saw the imperium coming had them secularize so nothing bad happened to them, at the time)

I get that democracy can seem like the best system it does have serious issues in a number of circumstances. For one without a very well educated population you get people who could easily be manipulated. Doesn't help that a lot of assholes throughout history have used religion to justify things and I'm honestly not seeing democracy being introduced into 40k as is doing much if any good.

If we do try to push democracy seems like it makes way more sense to try to set up the Imperial Truth to be spread first since that encourages a way of thinking that works better with democracy in my opinion.

Also again, this is most likely the last chance we are going to get to set up on the Imperial Truth world since it's extremely likely to get wiped out at the end of this age.

If any of you are asking why we don't see any other chapters with the same bad luck as the Lamenters despite it being a full 5% chance here… well I'm gunna be blunt ans say it no other chapter with the normal version of the trait live long enough to be worth mentioning.
Wait then what are hypothetical traits of lamented that make up for it?

Wait then what are hypothetical traits of lamented that make up for it?

They are free of either The Red Thirst or The Black Rage alongside being extremely competent even by SM standards. The ones who aren't are dead of course, but that's how it often is amongst those types of Chapters.

Last edited:
Well power is out at my place and I am bored so here is what I think the results of different combinations with the Iron Hands since I still wanna make chapters for them.

Iron Hands/Word Bearers - Somehow even more closely tied to the Mechanicus then the regular Iron Hands perhaps even going as far as to actively spread the worship of the Omnissiah.

Iron Hands/Blood Angels - Brought up a bit already in the thread but pretty much extra depression with a side helping of cyberpsychosis. Still could be interesting if they get the BA's better traits.

Iron Hands/Iron Warriors - This combo is pretty much set to become the tech chapter due to combining both of their tech skills, though the mentality of both of them is a concern and would definitely make existing issues worse.

Iron Hands/Emperor's Children - This has the potential to go very well or very badly considering the Iron Hand's augmentation tendencies and the EC's innate perfectionism. But at the same time it could go very very well with both traits having a positive reaction to each other.

Iron Hands/Salamanders - Both their tech and crafting skills would mesh really well together in my opinion and the Salamanders could potentially balance out some of the IH's worse tendencies.

Iron Hands/Death Guard - Like the Iron Warriors they could make the IH's issues worse but there is a synergy between them if you want to go full terminator on another faction. Or the genetor option that gets brought up every now and again.

Iron Hands/White Scars - Gonna be honest the only thing I can think of for this combo is Dreadnaughts on wheels.

Iron Hands/Thousand Sons - Techno-Wizards is a reason to do this one on its own, and the Flesh Change could be mitigated by removing the corrupted flesh.

And that is all I got for the moment and if anyone has any other ideas I would like to hear them.

Dreadnaughts on wheels in not a chapter combo result.

It's one of the unique equipment sets (Like the Cereberus patter dreadnaught) that I never got around to making.

Also dreadnaughts on treads.

Actually a lot of those ideas are dreadnoughts nwe that thin about it.

Guess I just think dreadnaughts are cool.
Would you mind if anyone made custom-pattern dreadnaught exclusive for the chapters we make?

They are free of either The Red Thirst or The Black Rage alongside being extremely competent even by SM standards. The ones who aren't are dead of course, but that's how it often is amongst those types of Chapters.
The Lamenters absolutely sufffer from the standard blood angel flaw.

Malakim Phoros the modern Chapter master had brushes with the black rage and they even have a death company.

"You are mistaken,' said Lord Sentikan of the Angels Sanguine, his features hidden by a thick hood.

Seth shot him a glance in challenge. "And what truths should I accept from one who hides his face even from his own brothers?'

If the insult riled the Angel Sanguine he disguised it within the folds of his cowl, and spoke with a calm certainty.

Lord Mephiston is living proof of the victory that awaits. He emerged from the throes of the curse sane of mind and whole of body. He is hope enough.'

'You are as a naïve aspirant if you believe that monster to be our salvation. Mephiston is an abomination. A wraith who should be clad in armour as dark as his soul.'

The remark sent a tide of discord washing through the chamber, drawing cries of sanction and outcry in equal measure.

"And yet he does not butcher with the same abandon of your Flesh Tearers,' Malakim of the Lamenters sneered. Even those you deem fit to wear crimson make the butchers of my Death Company seem sane by comparison.'

Seth growled, allowing his anger to get the better of him. "And what would you know of battle, Lamenter? Look at you. Yellow in a room of red. A coward in a sea of blood.'

Malakim made to reply, but Dante cut him off.

I'm like 90% sure that "goddess of wisdom" is just Slaanesh
I know most of the the gods in warhammer are just chaos related, but It could not be and that's why I voted it for the potential of spreading a small scale god that knew to hide when the imperial truth came knocking. (also it seems like it would be more of a tzentch thing then it being slaanesh, and it more likely being one of their deamons doing it)

Dreadnaughts on wheels in not a chapter combo result.

It's one of the unique equipment sets (Like the Cereberus patter dreadnaught) that I never got around to making.

Also dreadnaughts on treads.

Actually a lot of those ideas are dreadnoughts nwe that thin about it.

Guess I just think dreadnaughts are cool.
dreadnoughts with asssault jetpacks, replace the arms with more engines, and the legs with more engines, then give them a power ram :V

I know most of the the gods in warhammer are just chaos related, but It could not be and that's why I voted it for the potential of spreading a small scale god that knew to hide when the imperial truth came knocking. (also it seems like it would be more of a tzentch thing then it being slaanesh, and it more likely being one of their deamons doing it)
even if it was some minor god unrelated to chaos at some point the chaos gods eat those and subvert their cults all the time, that's why you don't hear about them.

I need to ask, as Grimm become more and more well-known throughout the Imperium as a well-respected and brilliant Genator, are we going to be forced to make more and more chapters simultaneously as, let's say the High Lords of Terra, mandates Grimm to create more Chapters at the same time?

Voting is open
Back