As @DaLintyGuy pointed out earlier - you all do have the Pilum frame coming online and operational soon. It would be a carry over from the 'Call to Courage' interlude from previous turns.

I just totally spaced out on it because my brain fried to over easy after finishing the post. I've since been conducting recovery via Total War Three Kingdoms.

Ok also,
1. How specific do we have to be when defining upgrades for Ichiro. IE do I need to specifically list what upgrades to give him, or can I just write: Upgrade his gun to an energy blaster, and make him tougher.
2. Is there a limit to how many support units we can deploy when going after Bandit?

1. You can be generalist about how you describe it, but then I'll interpret what I think you all want and slot him accordingly. Depends on how specific you want to be.

2. And sorry, should have been specific on it. You can bring in up to two.

Could someone remind me, please, which "turn" is it? I'm guessing it's "Year 3 Turn 8", because the update happens in August?

When we see a well-put-together thing, we don't always see how much work went into putting it together so well. I can only imagine that this time, it took Holey Cheddar amount of work.

This should not only yield enough power for a super robot, but would also have the benefit of being incapable of being used for evil. It doesn't matter if Westphalians steal a C-Crystal if they can't use it, nor if they steal a robot powered by one if they don't have a power source just as capable.
I'd like to remind everybody that C-Crystals work not for "People on our side", but for "People with noble hearts". Which means that Westphallians are just as likely to be able to use them - after all, they believe they're working for a noble cause. And that's why I'm all for letting some C-Crystal equipment fall into their hands.

I might have a workable plan ready today (but much more likely tomorrow).

Alright, here's my plan.

Notes:
- Triple Combination should only take 1 turn since that's what was stated on Turn 6, Year 3 Results
- The Knuckle dusters and the Shard kit are not listed as things we can fabricate on the indicated page. Also, it would be helpful if the single-use items were put in their own category, instead of being lumped together with the normal upgrades.
- I am assuming that installing an energy blaster on Ichiro won't need an upgrade slot, since it would presumably replace the main cannon and ammo stowage area.
- I will not be able to adjust the plan based on feedback until tomorrow afternoon, since I have work.

[X] Plan Development and Deployment
-[X] Defense Force
--[X] Highway Robbery! - Free Brothers
---[X] Deploy Richard Callaghan/Beowulf, with the CR-02 Phalanx Squadron, Ocular, and the Pegasus carrying the V-33 TMU squadron.
--[X] Reaction Force Active Monitoring
---[X] Advisor: Adriana
--[X] Liaison: Mander/MSS
---[X] Advisor: Haruko Sasaki
--[X] Pilot Training: Tellison, Zhang/Perseus
---[X] Advisor: Diana
--[X] Pilot Training: Jessica Satsuma/Valkyrie
--[X] Pilot Training: Charlie, Frankie, Iris
-[X] Engineering
--[X] Refit Super Robot
---[X] Advisor: Lana
---[X] Super Robot: Ichiro
---[X] Refit Ichiro's cannon to be a Kausen Energy Blaster, give him Anti Gravity Treatment, install K-Scale and K-Circuits
--[X] Triple Combination
---[X] Advisor: Jiro Yukimura, Wilde and Henry
--[X] Design New Equipment
---[X] Advisor: Boris Ignatov
---[X] Develop defensive remote-controlled drones for the Perseus (IE Gundam Bits/Funnels)
-[X] Science!
--[X] K-Fang Development
---[X] Advisor: Sam Carlson
--[X] Kausen Weaponry
---[X] Advisor: Zulu
---[X] Work on developing versions of energy blasters that our support units can use.
--[X] K-Scale Refinement
---[X] Advisor: Ivanna
---[X] Figure out if our Kaiju samples could be used to make an organic super robot, and if not, what would be needed.
-[X] Special Actions
--[X] Super Carrier Sergey Gorshkov
---[X] Advisor: Katrina
--[X] A Helping Hand - Ground Pound
---[X] Advisor: Max Brand

Edit 1: Added having the Pegasus also carry our V-33 squadron
Edit 2: Moved Katrina from helping Boris with wreckage analysis to the Supercarrier
Edit 3: Changed Wreckage analysis to developing defensive Funnels/bits, changed C-crystal research to developing organic super robots (Because basic C-crystal Research was actually done last turn)

Last edited:
- Triple Combination should only take 1 turn since that's what was stated on Turn 6, Year 3 Results
- The Knuckle dusters and the Shard kit are not listed as things we can fabricate on the indicated page. Also, it would be helpful if the single-use items were put in their own category, instead of being lumped together with the normal upgrades.
- I am assuming that installing an energy blaster on Ichiro won't need an upgrade slot, since it would presumably replace the main cannon and ammo stowage area.
- I will not be able to adjust the plan based on feedback until tomorrow afternoon, since I have work.

It's on the to-do list, yes. I have more refining of the lists to take care of, but I'll make sure that gets updated for you all.

I'd like to remind everybody that C-Crystals work not for "People on our side", but for "People with noble hearts". Which means that Westphallians are just as likely to be able to use them - after all, they believe they're working for a noble cause. And that's why I'm all for letting some C-Crystal equipment fall into their hands.

I, too, consider this a bonus. I believe that such a pilot would have to be ignorant of the true extent of Westphalia's terrorism. I doubt a pilot could knowingly work for terrorists, no matter how much they thought it was for the greater good, and still use a C-Crystal. And even if that's wrong, if anime has taught me anything it's that any pilot capable of using a C-Crystal would be ripe for Befriending to the side of unity and justice.

And even if that's wrong, if anime has taught me anything it's that any pilot capable of using a C-Crystal would be ripe for Befriending to the side of unity and justice.
If you have trouble making friends, use your fist. Or a non-lethal Huge Magical Beam.

Also, here's a general vote outline. It's mostly done, but can benefit from y'all's input a bit. There are three main points: a) can a single Advisor do Pilot Training with multiple pilots? b) no idea which gear to develop, so I copied the "assign Zulu to Energy Weapons" from CaptainWolf's plan; and c) Katarina can be assigned to Sergey Gorshkov project, or act as a second Liason, I have no strong preference either way.

--== Defence Force section ==--

[ ] Reaction Force: Active Monitoring
- [ ] Adriana - gain chance at Disadvantage (1d6) to uncover additional details.

[ ] Highway Robbery! - Free Brothers
- [ ] Deploy Richard Callaghan/Beowulf, with the CR-02 Phalanx Squadron, Ocular, and the Pegasus
I copied this part from CaptainWolf, because combat and support unit optimisation is kinda over my head right now. Technically, this is the fourth point where I could use y'all's advice.

[ ] Pilot Training: Charlie, Frankie, Iris
- [ ] Haruko Sasaki (may re-roll a failed roll)
- Green, Threshold of 3-6

[ ] Liaison: Dr. Yukimura/Yukimura Institute
- [ ] Katarina (Adds 1d6)
- Relations: Friendly
- Baseline Threshold: Moderate (5-6) (2d6 -> 3d6)
- After showing that you are capable of fighting against the Kaiju, that has apparently increased Dr. Yukimura's opinion of you. But you're not entirely sure if he realizes that Jiro is working for you just yet...maybe that's something you need to clear up with him before any misunderstandings cascade into something catastrophic.

[ ] Liaison: Mander/MSS
- [ ] Diana (reduce the Threshold by 1)
- Relations: Neutral
- Baseline Threshold: Moderate (5-6) -> (4-6) (2d6)
- Note: You owe them a favor (Deployment #3)
- You owe Mander a favor. But aside from that and having met the pilot (with hilarious results, admittedly) you don't know much about MSS at all. Maybe it's time to meet, if at least to hash out how better to cooperate in future operations.

--== Engineering section ==--

[ ] Refit Super Robot
- [ ] Advisor: Lana (Roll 2d6 (Threshold of 5-6). On success, reduce the Duration by One Turn. May offer a re-roll to any failed Engineering roll once per turn).
- [ ] Super Robot: Ichiro
- [ ] Refit Ichiro's cannon to be a Kausen Energy Blaster, give him Anti Gravity Treatment, install K-Scale and K-Circuits
This part was also copied from CaptainWolf, because it seemed like and obvious set of choises

[ ] Design Super Robot Core Unit
- [ ] Can at least partially organic robot be built with existing K-class materials?
- [ ] Jiro Yukimura (gain 1d6 per roll, Critical Success is now 4-6 depending on Success Threshold)
- Chance of Success (Roll 2d6 -> 3d6, Threshold Varies)
- Duration: Two Turns+

[ ] Construct Super Robot Support Unit(s) / Design New Equipment (Weapon)
- [ ] Autonomous attack/support drones (aka Funnels / Bit Control System)
- [ ] Boris Ignatov (Threshold for success on AI actions is reduced by One)
- Chance of Success (Roll 2d6, Threshold Varies)

[ ] Enemy Wreckage Analysis
- [ ] Wilde and Henry (no bonus)
- Chance of Success (Roll 2d6, Threshold of 5-6)
- Duration: One Turn

--== Science section ==--

[] Explore K-Class Psychic Augmentation
- [] Ivanna May re-roll any failed Science roll once per turn)
- [] What happens when a person boosted with C-Crystal uses ESP on the K-Class materials?
- Chance for Success (roll 2d6, Threshold of 6)

[] Kausen Weaponry
- [] Zulu (add +2 to the value of the lowest rolled d6)
- [] Energy weapons for support units (or non-Heavy energy weapons in general)
- Chance for Success (roll 2d6, Threshold of 5-6)
- Duration: Two Turns

[] C-Crystals
- [] Max Brand (add 1d6)
- [] Can C-Crystals interact with K-Class materials directly?
- Chance for Success (roll at Disadvantage, 1d6 -> 2d6, Threshold of 4-6)

--== Special Actions section ==--

[ ] Super Carrier Sergey Gorshkov
[ ] Does NOT require an Advisor, but let's assign Katarina here anyway. Adds 1d6.
Chance of Success (?) (Roll 2d6 -> 3d6, Threshold of 5-6)
Duration: Two Turns Remaining
Notes: This is another carryover from the previous turns. This will carry on regardless of what you do - however, you may get a bonus for modifying your own drop ship further down the line if you invest more into it. Either way, hilarity is guarantee to ensue.

[ ] A Helping Hand - Ground Pound
-[ ] Sam Carlson (add 2d6)
Chance of Success (Roll 2d6 4d6, Threshold of 6)
Duration: Three Turns

I am 100% against giving out C-Crystal technology since We are under orders to keep it from getting out of our hands, And its Classified to boot. The Westphalian's are working with the Kausen and are probably also working with Sheol who's tech the C-Crystal's come from. And Sheol as far as we know is a genius on par with his counterpart, only insane. The Westphalian's would probably share the tech with him at some point.

@Not in Person I like your plan and think its okay as it is. So I will vote for it when you post it with a plan name.

I was under an impression that this Triple Combination was already finished (either Y3 Turn 7, or this turn), and the Triple Combination in the voting options was a different one.
Triple combination isn't finished. It is Y3 turn 7. As such, we still need to assign people to finish it
If you have trouble making friends, use your fist. Or a non-lethal Huge Magical Beam.

Also, here's a general vote outline. It's mostly done, but can benefit from y'all's input a bit. There are three main points: a) can a single Advisor do Pilot Training with multiple pilots? b) no idea which gear to develop, so I copied the "assign Zulu to Energy Weapons" from CaptainWolf's plan; and c) Katarina can be assigned to Sergey Gorshkov project, or act as a second Liason, I have no strong preference either way.

--== Defence Force section ==--

[ ] Reaction Force: Active Monitoring
- [ ] Adriana - gain chance at Disadvantage (1d6) to uncover additional details.

[ ] Highway Robbery! - Free Brothers
- [ ] Deploy Richard Callaghan/Beowulf, with the CR-02 Phalanx Squadron, Ocular, and the Pegasus
I copied this part from CaptainWolf, because combat and support unit optimisation is kinda over my head right now. Technically, this is the fourth point where I could use y'all's advice.

[ ] Pilot Training: Charlie, Frankie, Iris
- [ ] Haruko Sasaki (may re-roll a failed roll)
- Green, Threshold of 3-6

[ ] Liaison: Dr. Yukimura/Yukimura Institute
- [ ] Katarina (Adds 1d6)
- Relations: Friendly
- Baseline Threshold: Moderate (5-6) (2d6 -> 3d6)
- After showing that you are capable of fighting against the Kaiju, that has apparently increased Dr. Yukimura's opinion of you. But you're not entirely sure if he realizes that Jiro is working for you just yet...maybe that's something you need to clear up with him before any misunderstandings cascade into something catastrophic.

[ ] Liaison: Mander/MSS
- [ ] Diana (reduce the Threshold by 1)
- Relations: Neutral
- Baseline Threshold: Moderate (5-6) -> (4-6) (2d6)
- Note: You owe them a favor (Deployment #3)
- You owe Mander a favor. But aside from that and having met the pilot (with hilarious results, admittedly) you don't know much about MSS at all. Maybe it's time to meet, if at least to hash out how better to cooperate in future operations.

--== Engineering section ==--

[ ] Refit Super Robot
- [ ] Advisor: Lana (Roll 2d6 (Threshold of 5-6). On success, reduce the Duration by One Turn. May offer a re-roll to any failed Engineering roll once per turn).
- [ ] Super Robot: Ichiro
- [ ] Refit Ichiro's cannon to be a Kausen Energy Blaster, give him Anti Gravity Treatment, install K-Scale and K-Circuits
This part was also copied from CaptainWolf, because it seemed like and obvious set of choises

[ ] Design Super Robot Core Unit
- [ ] Can at least partially organic robot be built with existing K-class materials?
- [ ] Jiro Yukimura (gain 1d6 per roll, Critical Success is now 4-6 depending on Success Threshold)
- Chance of Success (Roll 2d6 -> 3d6, Threshold Varies)

[ ] Construct Super Robot Support Unit(s) / Design New Equipment (Weapon)
- [ ] Autonomous attack/support drones (aka Funnels / Bit Control System)
- [ ] Boris Ignatov (Threshold for success on AI actions is reduced by One)
- Chance of Success (Roll 2d6, Threshold Varies)

[ ] Enemy Wreckage Analysis
- [ ] Wilde and Henry (no bonus)
- Chance of Success (Roll 2d6, Threshold of 5-6)
- Duration: One Turn

--== Science section ==--

[] Explore K-Class Psychic Augmentation
- [] Ivanna May re-roll any failed Science roll once per turn)
- [] What happens when a person boosted with C-Crystal uses ESP on the K-Class materials?
- Chance for Success (roll 2d6, Threshold of 6)

[] Kausen Weaponry
- [] Zulu (add +2 to the value of the lowest rolled d6)
- [] Energy weapons for support units (or non-Heavy energy weapons in general)
- Chance for Success (roll 2d6, Threshold of 5-6)

[] C-Crystals
- [] Max Brand (add 1d6)
- [] Can C-Crystals interact with K-Class materials directly?
- Chance for Success (roll at Disadvantage, 1d6 -> 2d6, Threshold of 4-6)

--== Special Actions section ==--

[ ] Super Carrier Sergey Gorshkov
[ ] Does NOT require an Advisor, but let's assign Katarina here anyway. Adds 1d6.
Chance of Success (?) (Roll 2d6 -> 3d6, Threshold of 5-6)
Duration: Two Turns Remaining
Notes: This is another carryover from the previous turns. This will carry on regardless of what you do - however, you may get a bonus for modifying your own drop ship further down the line if you invest more into it. Either way, hilarity is guarantee to ensue.

[ ] A Helping Hand - Ground Pound
-[ ] Sam Carlson (add 2d6)
Chance of Success (Roll 2d6 4d6, Threshold of 6)
Duration: Three Turns
Things I noted with your plan:
1.You assigned Katrina twice, as a liaison and as helping with the Super carrier
2. You are not finishing Triple combination, which only needs 1 more turn of work
3. Likewise, we were working on analyzing the K-fang sample so we can use it, but you aren't finishing that research
4. C-crystals can only bind with sapient beings. As such, I don't see how we would get C-crystals to interact with our Kaiju samples.

Triple combination isn't finished. It is Y3 turn 7. As such, we still need to assign people to finish it
Ah, so it's not Turn 8 after all.

1. Yes, I'm tryind to decide where she'd work better. I'm inclined to put her on Sergey Gorshkov, unless somebody makes a good argument otherwise.
2. I'm not too enthusiastic about Triple Combination, but I am kinda bothered by "there's just 1 turn of work left" projects.
3. E~eh...
4. Through a sapient being. But that's probably what the other project already does, the one where I assigned Ivanna. Which means, I could probably address this point and the previous one at the same time.

Thanks for these comments. I did feel I was missing something obvious.

I had some unexpected free time show up before work so just to clarify a few questions I've seen:

One advisor can oversee multiple pilots'/teams' training, yes.

Upon looking back a bit more closely (and when my brain isn't mush), you're all right - the previous Triple Combination did have one turn remaining on it. Post will be modified to reflect this.

The support/items will be split apart into their own categories, but I greatly appreciate the feedback.

Edit: Cleaned up the upgrade page some, hopefully that should be easier to read.

Last edited:
2. I'm not too enthusiastic about Triple Combination, but I am kinda bothered by "there's just 1 turn of work left" projects.
3. E~eh...
2. Yeah, I'm mainly advocating for triple combination because we've already almost finished it, and because it would be a useful trump card if an enemy proves to be really strong.
3. I really think K-fang research should be done. K-scale is the defensive version, and it gave us weapons like the Blazing fists, Arc Blade, and Arc cannon, which are among our strongest weapons. Given that, it would follow that the offense focused K-fang would give us access to new weapons that are just as strong, if not stronger.

@Basarin The Pegasus can carry units. So, can we bring the V-33 TMU squadron in the Pegasus in addition to the two support units on the ground?
I know it is going around the 2 support limit, but it makes logical sense, and in war if you aren't cheating you aren't trying hard enough. :V

😑

Fiiiine, I'll let it slide.

And maybe add a few mobs to compensate, grumble grumble...
IDK if this is a helpful idea, but it occurs to me that the Pegasus would likely not be able to just hover over the convoy, as that would pretty clearly indicate that an attack is expected. As such, the Pegasus would need to either be waiting at the University, or pretend to be doing supply runs. In both cases, it would take time for the Pegasus to reach the battle.

If you all choose to hunt down Bandit, then there'll be a mini turn to prepare for it.

Also, one thing I also need to clarify and will edit the support page to reflect - do remember that you have Ocular available as mission support to bring as well (since Galbinus and Herald seconded him to you for your help with Delphi).

I'll leave voting up for a few days before I close it out.

[X] Plan Development and Deployment

I'll vote for this since it seems to be the only plan right now. Though I will say I would like to put someone on the Supercarrier but besides this I'm fine with it.

I'll vote for this since it seems to be the only plan right now. Though I will say I would like to put someone on the Supercarrier but besides this I'm fine with it.
I considered having Katrina on the supercarrier, but I just don't consider it to be useful enough. Putting someone on it only increases the chance that we may get a bonus to modifying the Pegasus later, but if we later modify our dropship we will probably stack multiple advisors on the modifications anyway.

I can shift things around if enough people want it, though

Back