His mad, sunken eyes landed on his aid. Looking into his terrified brown eyes, Simon's face twisted into a bloody smirk.

His brain was pulsing, countless tiny -things- wriggling their way out from between the folds.

"You!" The psychic shouted, his hands reaching out to his paralyzed assistant. "You have such pretty eyes!"
Hahahano. This is now the absolute worst thing in the Light's grasp. How M'gann avoided it (if she even did) I do not know.

Wait wait wait, did you just confirm that everything in-universe looks like a cartoon and not like actual real life?!

The Earth in DC literally exists in the way that it does because humans dreamed it into existence that way.

It used to be under the control of large, malicious and sophont Cats. Then humanity collectively decided they were tired of that and imagined them into housepets, and no, I'm not kidding.

Saying reality is weird is an understatement because there really aren't good ways to say that their reality is constantly in flux and even the way it's perceived can and will change at any moment.

Though... Gods, the kind of humor you can make if you do a crossover between a cartoon series and a live action, and they have to resolve the fact that they obviously come from realities with different rules. That could be hilarious!

The Earth in DC literally exists in the way that it does because humans dreamed it into existence that way.

It used to be under the control of large, malicious and sophont Cats. Then humanity collectively decided they were tired of that and imagined them into housepets, and no, I'm not kidding.

Saying reality is weird is an understatement because there really aren't good ways to say that their reality is constantly in flux and even the way it's perceived can and will change at any moment.

Though... Gods, the kind of humor you can make if you do a crossover between a cartoon series and a live action, and they have to resolve the fact that they obviously come from realities with different rules. That could be hilarious!
That or have it that they swap every so often because of their Beliefs shake every now and then

It also explans why OUTSIDERS love to play around in it when they can, or Why Mxy vists so often when hes is not on his jants to other verses. I'm of the opinion that Mxy when you don't see him in DC and he isn't spending time with his Wife is visting other Verses.

Last edited:
I'm imagining a version of this story where Al was fully transmigrated - like, his old body comes along - and people keep noting that there's something off about him when they look at him, or see him out of the corner of their eyes, but no one can quite place it.

Then, randomly, Al notes that everyone looks cartoony and shit just snaps into place with people freaking the fuck out as he suddenly becomes the only realistic human in a world of comic book superheroes. His mentioning it breaks the masquerade - so to speak - and everyone's anti-cognitohazard filters disintegrate then and there so he's just this human-like other in the setting.

I'm imagining a version of this story where Al was fully transmigrated - like, his old body comes along - and people keep noting that there's something off about him when they look at him, or see him out of the corner of their eyes, but no one can quite place it.

Then, randomly, Al notes that everyone looks cartoony and shit just snaps into place with people freaking the fuck out as he suddenly becomes the only realistic human in a world of comic book superheroes. His mentioning it breaks the masquerade - so to speak - and everyone's anti-cognitohazard filters disintegrate then and there so he's just this human-like other in the setting.
SV, where intense psychological horror rates a "funny" :V

Can you throw up a link or something for that Cat thing? Cuz I do not remember that. I remember that the Norse Gods were the Old Gods, that Ragnarok destroyed them and their planet which cause a release of divine energy that caused the creation of the other gods in the universe, like Darkseid, the Olympians, Highfather, etc... That their destroyed planet I THINK went on to become New Genesis or something...
The Lore of DC can get complicated. Like that DC and Marvel are the part of the same Omniverse and are both still connected by portals, but those portals/gateways are now guarded so there is no contamination, because DC and Marvel both exist within the minds of Dreaming God(s)(big G) and that the cross contamination was mixing up and slowly combining the two Multiverses into one, and starting to wake up those sleeping God(s), which would have caused it all to cease to exist.

Last edited:
Can you throw up a link or something for that Cat thing? Cuz I do not remember that. I remember that the Norse Gods were the Old Gods, that Ragnarok destroyed them and their planet which cause a release of divine energy that caused the creation of the other gods in the universe, like Darkseid, the Olympians, Highfather, etc... That their destroyed planet I THINK went on to become New Genesis or something...
The Lore of DC can get complicated. Like that DC and Marvel are the part of the same Omniverse and are both still connected by portals, but those portals/gateways are now guarded so there is no contamination, because DC and Marvel both exist within the minds of Dreaming God(s)(big G) and that the cross contamination was mixing up and slowly combining the two Multiverses into one, and starting to wake up those sleeping God(s), which would have caused it all to cease to exist.

Can do! It was actually an edition of Sandman, Volume 2, Number 18.

Link- Here!

DC lore is so over-complicated and full of holes. I still pick and grab from a variety of continuities to justify stuff, make references to things that happened in other 'Realities', but mostly just to add flavor to a character that otherwise only shows up once or twice and we otherwise only know things about him from those series.

Like Green Lantern. They don't show up much in Young Justice, so I need to pull from other series to flesh out their backgrounds if I don't want to make things up wholesale.

A long time ago in either one of dogbertcarroll's or rorschach's DC fics their SI was on a plane when all of a sudden the superheros around him had their costumes change without them noticing anything. Turns out the world had been retconned.

A long time ago in either one of dogbertcarroll's or rorschach's DC fics their SI was on a plane when all of a sudden the superheros around him had their costumes change without them noticing anything. Turns out the world had been retconned.

Pretty sure that was Dogbertcarrol.

The SI was, I believe, Xander Harris. They were in the invisible jet when it happened.

Might have been the one where he had Etrigan soul-bond an axe to him? Been a few years and there's been a few hundred different one-shots and shorts since I've read it. So I might have my details mixed up a bit.

That sounds right. It was definitely the jet and Etrigan makes sense. Someone had been with him at the time to point out the retcon but I couldn't think of a DC god that would be on a plane but a demon works for having metaphysics knowledge.

That sounds right. It was definitely the jet and Etrigan makes sense. Someone had been with him at the time to point out the retcon but I couldn't think of a DC god that would be on a plane but a demon works for having metaphysics knowledge.
That always makes me wonder if Raven ever knew about the retcons and stayed quite about them for her friends sanity

That always makes me wonder if Raven ever knew about the retcons and stayed quite about them for her friends sanity
Considering what she was like before the TV show, I think she has a good perception on retcons. At least until she stopped being peers with people like Nightwing and Starfire and being their subordinates/child.

Considering what she was like before the TV show, I think she has a good perception on retcons. At least until she stopped being peers with people like Nightwing and Starfire and being their subordinates/child.
Ah yes the fact that she went from team Creator to subordinate
That also people tend to forget that she is in the top 10 most powerful Members of the league(without Plot), the others are Barry , J'onn (when you remove his fire weakness), Diana (at full potential) ,Greenies (at BS WILL), Zatanna(willing to pay any price), Captain Atom(without mental Blocks), Billy (at full Mastery), Firestorm, Superman(just barely makes it without PLOT)
all of these change rank depending on circumstances. Nabu doesn't make it because he requires a Host to Properly function.

She is number 1 on the Titans (Always)

We're a bit of a different breed, here.

I think it's more fun, being completely honest. Horror at least has a point (If it's done well). It's just so entertaining to explore!

...Then again, I quite enjoyed Bloodborne when I played it, so I may not be the best judge.

If nothing else, this thread has made me think of the many, many, worrying names I have floating around my brain.

I mean, I am not the most pop/fiction/game culture obsessed person out there, but I can't help but think of how much eldritch truth one of us on this thread could spread around in a reality as flexible as DC.

Think about it, how many Names One Should Not Even Think Of do you know?

I just had a thought.

Throughout the story, there's been a general failure of communication.

A large part of communication is body language, including micro-expressions that can be below conscious recognition.

Cartoons on the other hand tend towards very obvious emoting, and camera shots, in part because they don't show the tiny details.

So Alchemist is having a hard time reading them because to him, everybody is lacking in nuance.
"They're angry, but I'm not sure what kind of anger."

Everyone else is having a hard time reading Alchemist because he isn't making huge smiles or frowns and holding them for a minimum of 3 seconds.
"Is he frowning? Wait, he's always frowning...a little bit."

All aggravated by the general secret-keeping of the story in general.

Last edited:
Queen Bee looks at her fingertips with a magnifying glass: "As you can see, Elaine's signature is still there. For a moment I was worried that the universe is falling apart again"

Think about it, how many Names One Should Not Even Think Of do you know?
Honestly, not that many. I know some basic lovecraft stuff: Cthulhu, Azathoth, Nyarlhotep(I know I'm not spelling that right), The King in Yellow but I'm pretty sure he's dead so that's probably safe, I think old man Henderson counts. I know that hungry star of malice is out there but I don't remember his name. Night Gaunts, Shoggoths, Old Ones, Dagon. Do you think it's safe to think about lovecraft locations? Like would I get Dagon's attention if I start talking about a little place Innsmouth without ever mentioning him specifically?

The Endless go without saying considering how much they've featured but I've got some other DC trivia around. Like the Hell branch of the Bloods and the Crips, and Trigon, unrelated. I think. If the hate star from Lovecraft counts than Sol and Rao sort of counts. Barbatos is a thing everyone should avoid. The Blackest Night and the fuckers connected to it are bouncing around in my head somewhere, just not right now. Christianity is a thing in DC so I guess I should be wary of named Angels as well, Lucifer ain't gonna give a shit, I live on the East Coast. Krona might get his attention, might get the Guardians attention. Could maybe include the Light Creatures: The Will Whale, the Greed Snake, the Predator Predator, etc. Mr Mxy is pretty explicit when it comes to not saying his name, same goes for Batmite and the Great Gazoo and any character with knowledge of the fourth wall: so anyone with Pool in their name, most loony tune characters, Beetlejuice or any variation of it, Garfield is to never be given focus, Gorefield must never be.

Marvel is connected to DC so all those fuckers are out as well: Galactus, the Inheritors, Dormamu, Agamatto and his rival that I don't remember right now, that Starfish alien in Marvel vs Capcom, Cytorrak, Lady Death, Stan Lee/Jack Kirby/The One Above All, though he probably wouldn't mind, the Below All, he would. Oh, DC has that knock off Cthulhu that Solomon Grundy helped stop. Greater Darkseid counts though I doubt he'd do anything, me being so far below him. Regular Darkseid might count and is more likely to act.

The Tulpas probably count but aren't likely to do anything out of character. So: Santa and Mrs. Claus, Easter Bunny, Jack Frost, Tooth fairy, Boogieman, (we already know who the sand man is... Does the Boogie Man have another Identity?), Man in the Moon, Uncle Sam, the Queen of England(I don't know what her deal in DC is outside of something to do with Devils but I fully believe she has one somewhere), Elvis Presley(The other person I believe has a Tulpa running around,).

Truth is pretty passive, pretty sure the anime versions of Lovecraft beings are the same existence as the classics, Kyubey probably counts. Hmm

I think that's it for now.

Back