What do you mean that it braved a sea under it's own banner?

Did the ship have no captain or sailor onboard?
'By itself, with no hand to guide its rudder.'

0~0~0

Alright, had a chance to eat some food, let's rock
Scheduled vote count started by Imperial Fister on Aug 15, 2023 at 8:08 PM, finished with 91 posts and 28 votes.

Hey Imperial Fister, if we make a living weapon, can we make / teach it to have requirements for people to be worthy of accessing the full power of the weapon?

Ok so it's probably possible at least in theory to make a sapient castle.
Knowing the fact that we can extend it with non-blingy material, we'd "only" need to build the bare minimum castle realized and could then extend it...
So, in theory... a minimum castle in Iceland (shorelength 4970-8500km)... that then gradually expands over a millenium or three...
Or maybe in Denmark. Or in the Danelaw (shorelength Great Britain: 2400km to 3400km).

For comparison, ancient rome build a 19km walls in 271-275 AD (19km/4years=4.75 km / 1 year).
Plus/Minus Xianxia shenanigans... Might be a "world wonder" tier thing rather than "impossible".

Would be insane amounts of Orthstirr. Though with the whole "Orthstirr amount is limited" that could be a negative.

You know, thinking on it a bit, we should take the chance we have here and just buy a shit load of stone (bricks/or whatever kind of stone that is used for building) to build our farm house.

It has been implied that the material have a large Bering on the overall quality of the building and we do want the beast for our soul space and cultivation foundation.

You know, thinking on it a bit, we should take the chance we have here and just buy a shit load of stone (bricks/or whatever kind of stone that is used for building) to build our farm house.

It has been implied that the material have a large Bering on the overall quality of the building and we do want the beast for our soul space and cultivation foundation.

The Norse didn't usually build houses with stone like that. Stone is not a great insulator and they needed their houses to be warm...I don't think it'd be an improvement. Maybe for the fence, but that's already pretty good...

The Norse didn't usually build houses with stone like that. Stone is not a great insulator and they needed their houses to be warm...I don't think it'd be an improvement. Maybe for the fence, but that's already pretty good...
Sure but is the value of the house based on what the Norse are doing or about what they think is impressive?

Like I can very much imagine a Norse building a house from pure marble just to style on his hated rivel.

Even if not we can also we can surly better wood here then the fire wood we used.

Another thing I didn't see anyone point out (although this thread moves so fast I could very much have missed it) we should look at applying runes to both the fence, the house and the soul farm (if we can put it on stones or scarecrow that are already there) because with time paused in the soul space we wont need to keep them powered up constantly.

In theory could do a hybrid: Stones for their strength and dirt/wood/whatever on the inside of the outside wall for its isolation.

Sure but is the value of the house based on what the Norse are doing or about what they think is impressive?

The value of a house in our soul's idealized farm is how good a farmhouse it is. I'm pretty much positive if we made an Italian Villa or used improper materials it would not be a good thing.

Another thing I didn't see anyone point out (although this thread moves so fast I could very much have missed it) we should look at applying runes to both the fence, the house and the soul farm (if we can put it on stones or scarecrow that are already there) because with time paused in the soul space we wont need to keep them powered up constantly.

I suspect there'd still be issues keeping them powered constantly but we can look into runes for those, yeah.

In theory could do a hybrid: Stones for their strength and dirt/wood/whatever on the inside of the outside wall for its isolation.

Our building skills are a bit mediocre...I don't think inventing new building techniques is quite our wheelhouse?

Something that's been on my mind for a while now but do monsters who cultivate Odr do it like how Spirit Beasts from Xianxia just intake unpurified qi from their surroundings to put it into their Beast Core?

As amusing as the idea of a Fenriskin playing Soul Farmville is, I can't imagine that it'd need to do it that way.

Something that's been on my mind for a while now but do monsters who cultivate Odr do it like how Spirit Beasts from Xianxia just intake unpurified qi from their surroundings to put it into their Beast Core?

As amusing as the idea of a Fenriskin playing Soul Farmville is, I can't imagine that it'd need to do it that way.

I suspect they still have to make their soulscape, but that it takes a form appropriate to their nature. The Fenriskin probably had a den and surrounding forest, for example.

he probably had some kind of wolf den and bone throne

EDIT: oops sorry

Last edited:
I uh... missed that he asked us to write it in black then never got around to fixing it 😅

Sorry, in retrospect maybe I should have recoloured it into black, but it looked really cool in red and I didn't want to mess around with your awesome design too much!

I also realise that I forgot to do a chance to do a custom version of my name in the end lmao

How much extra cargo can we carry if we stack our soulscape full of crates?

This is the most SV possible question, shine on you glorious diamond.

Imagining bemused and terrified merchants as Halla just begins unloading an entire twenty tonne cargo of soapstones from inside her apron.

Our ship's hold is already some sort of extradimensional space...I'm very dubious we're gonna actually fill it given its size and our budget and needs.

If we ever enchant the ship to fly, I'm now imagining filling the entire hold with explosive boulders and doing the Norse Xianxia equivalent of an Arc Light mission.

Are we able to make an alloy with another alloy or only pre-existing hugareida? It occurs to me we could get Boil from Campfire and Clear Water, and from there perhaps Boil -> Steam -> Cloud, which would allow us to introduce weather to our soulscape. But maybe that's being too ambitious.

This is the most SV possible question, shine on you glorious diamond.

The most SV possible option would be heating a sealed tank of water until the precise moment it begins to BLEVE then putting it in our soulscape, letting the fact that time doesn't pass hold it in that instant of crisis until we pull if out again and it explodes hard enough to level a small village.

Are we able to make an alloy with another alloy or only pre-existing hugareida? It occurs to me we could get Boil from Campfire and Clear Water, and from there perhaps Boil -> Steam -> Cloud, which would allow us to introduce weather to our soulscape. But maybe that's being too ambitious.

We can Alloy other Alloys, but you have to keep the prerequisites around to use the Alloy, so your suggestion eats 3 Alloy Slots when used. Assuming Steam can even Alloy into Cloud which I'm not sure I agree with.

Can monsters have legal standing? Like if Moonless Night hadn't done all those murders, could he have bought land? He did speak the language.

Mostly wondering if there's some sort of metaphysical impact to whether you can legally own land, and how that interacts with Odr cultivation requiring you to be on Your land. And then if being Outlawed prevents you from cultivating Odr, or if a bandit could claim land and cultivate there as long as their claim goes unchallenged

Can monsters have legal standing? Like if Moonless Night hadn't done all those murders, could he have bought land? He did speak the language.

Legally, I think he could...practically speaking people probably would've used violence to stop him even without the murders.

Mostly wondering if there's some sort of metaphysical impact to whether you can legally own land, and how that interacts with Odr cultivation requiring you to be on Your land. And then if being Outlawed prevents you from cultivating Odr, or if a bandit could claim land and cultivate there as long as their claim goes unchallenged

I suspect it works a little different if you declare 'This is my land' and can back the claim against all comers. Like, an outlaw can't gain Odr because they're in hiding. If they decide to put up a fort and tell anyone who wants to dispute their land ownership to come and give it a try if they think they're 'ard enough, I agree with The Lone badger that they've effectively declared themself a king and can gain Odr normally right up until someone kills them.

Last edited:
I suspect it works a little different if you declare 'This is my land' and can back the claim against all comers. Like, an outlaw can't gain Orthstirr because they're in hiding. If they decide to put up a fort and tell anyone who wants to dispute their land ownership to come and give it a try if they think they're 'ard enough, I agree with The Lone badger that they've effectively declared themself a king and can gain Odr normally right up until someone kills them.
This is probably part of becoming a Jarl, thinking about it.

Get 9 Families to Swear to You
Take and Hold Land for those Sworn to You
Now you are a Jarl

Back