Mammoth Apostate vs the World 1: "Lost in the Mist"

I was wanting to allow another voice to begin the discussion, as I said before its Mammoth Apostate vs the World not Badkatt vs Smithsguild.

I have way too many years gaming in his worlds for my opinion to weigh too heavily as he has gotten -good- laying traps meant for me...

Fresh thoughts like the above tempered with my insight from those years of hard earned experience tend to get better results.

@KnightDisciple "To rescue the children" will need be a quick snatch & grab op as IMHO it is going to be the operational leg with the worst odds of success.

Close proximity to the Deacons Elite cyborgs (closest parallel to your team in its powered armor), possibility of multiple hostile casters, and you are where sheer numbers of conventionals will always be against you.

I'm not suggesting "Not, do it." But stack those bad odds in our favor as much as is possible.

Target the freshest of recruits (those with the least amount in program /least brain washed) as our prime targets -or- alternatively sedate and extract near combat ready realizing although likely to be the most resistant to deprograming they may possess actionable intel and the bioware we could study. My vote would be 1 senior student the rest as young and fresh as possible.

No time for heartfelt monolouges during the mission, just get the job done and gtfo. Explain the whys to the waifs when they are safe at our base.

I think it's a stroke of genius (whether intentional, or serendipity) to 'hit their walls'.

Lets-do-that-just-better.

Lets punch a whole in the wall, whittle away defenses that can fire towards the gap, and have the M270 MLRS clear a * path to freedom * so the common citizens of Charleston can make a break for it. Without having to worry about East/West Berlin defenses (guards should be too worried about armed attackers to worry about unarmed escapees.)

How loyal will the oppressed be to Charleston if we open their cage and offer them a chance to seek asylum with us or make their own way as THEY choose.

Spin the broadcasts, as liberation *is* one of our goals (even if not our primarys) as why the attack happened.

I am making a QM ruling ( and as promised am running it by my players to garner some feedback BEFORE implementation).

Powered Armor AKP's have diverged sufficiently from their Baseline AKP's in both survivability and capabilities as to become a distinct troop type as to merit special training (powered armor is no longer a valid 'upgrade' from conventional AKP). Existing obsolete Armored jackets are to be phased out entirely to bolster positions in the civilian arena in Fire/Rescue, or maybe given to Combat Engineers the use of waldos to supplement their construction/demolition duties.

-training requirement now necessitates an action expenditure
-Powered Armor troopers are a breed apart and require being drawn solely from Elite backgrounds

-----
I am also toying with the idea that other units must be drawn from a complimentary candidate pool Mk. Zero from powered armor or from the crews of a combat super heavy, by extension you could probably garner some small bonus if a future Jaeger pilot had experience in a Mk. Zero.
-----

I think it is reasonable to request some forward progress on finalizing a downtime plan, if there is anything I can do to assist in making this happen just ask.

I was wanting to allow another voice to begin the discussion, as I said before its Mammoth Apostate vs the World not Badkatt vs Smithsguild.

I have way too many years gaming in his worlds for my opinion to weigh too heavily as he has gotten -good- laying traps meant for me...

Fresh thoughts like the above tempered with my insight from those years of hard earned experience tend to get better results.

@KnightDisciple "To rescue the children" will need be a quick snatch & grab op as IMHO it is going to be the operational leg with the worst odds of success.

Close proximity to the Deacons Elite cyborgs (closest parallel to your team in its powered armor), possibility of multiple hostile casters, and you are where sheer numbers of conventionals will always be against you.

I'm not suggesting "Not, do it." But stack those bad odds in our favor as much as is possible.

Target the freshest of recruits (those with the least amount in program /least brain washed) as our prime targets -or- alternatively sedate and extract near combat ready realizing although likely to be the most resistant to deprograming they may possess actionable intel and the bioware we could study. My vote would be 1 senior student the rest as young and fresh as possible.

No time for heartfelt monolouges during the mission, just get the job done and gtfo. Explain the whys to the waifs when they are safe at our base.
Yeah, if it hasn't been clear this has always been planned as a "smash and grab", but I'll try to keep the speechification to a minimum.
I think it's a stroke of genius (whether intentional, or serendipity) to 'hit their walls'.

Lets punch a whole in the wall, whittle away defenses that can fire towards the gap, and have the M270 MLRS clear a * path to freedom * so the common citizens of Charleston can make a break for it. Without having to worry about East/West Berlin defenses (guards should be too worried about armed attackers to worry about unarmed escapees.)

How loyal will the oppressed be to Charleston if we open their cage and offer them a chance to seek asylum with us or make their own way as THEY choose.

Spin the broadcasts, as liberation *is* one of our goals (even if not our primarys) as why the attack happened.
I like this plan and I'm happy to be a part of it.

I am making a QM ruling ( and as promised am running it by my players to garner some feedback BEFORE implementation).

Powered Armor AKP's have diverged sufficiently from their Baseline AKP's in both survivability and capabilities as to become a distinct troop type as to merit special training (powered armor is no longer a valid 'upgrade' from conventional AKP). Existing obsolete Armored jackets are to be phased out entirely to bolster positions in the civilian arena in Fire/Rescue, or maybe given to Combat Engineers the use of waldos to supplement their construction/demolition duties.

-Powered Armor troopers are a breed apart and require being drawn solely from Elite backgrounds

-----
I am also toying with the idea that other units must be drawn from a complimentary candidate pool Mk. Zero from powered armor or from the crews of a combat super heavy, by extension you could probably garner some small bonus if a future Jaeger pilot had experience in a Mk. Zero.
-----

I think it is reasonable to request some forward progress on finalizing a downtime plan, if there is anything I can do to assist in making this happen just ask.
I think clarifying the PA/Jacketed AKPs as pretty distinct from the regular AKPs is fine, as well as something like a requirement for them to be elite.

I think it gives more motivation to keep an eye on our Elites, even if you're a bit more generous than some Vs The World GMs on handing them out.

What steps are needed to finish a downtime plan? I thought we had one laid out at this point?

What steps are needed to finish a downtime plan? I thought we had one laid out at this point?

Hard decisions on $$$ to be spent buying X #'s of unit blah...

I believe the bottleneck had been my poor bookkeeping (AGAIN) as @Highwind was attempting to suss out how many of what troop type we had and where they were. I hope that was cleared up, only definite numbers I'm haven't squared is how many of the 40 borderguard AKP's graduated to powered armor and elite status. (AND that has been in no small part due to my laziness).

Last edited:
QM motivation has been low to match the activity levels here... My creativity is fueled by how interested I feel my readers are, and I've not been drawing people's attention. Self defeating I know, but at least I'm honest about what drives me to greater efforts.

At some time today I will be making a solid effort to provide those hard #'s, as well as the "new, improved" stat blocks for regular & flight capable powered armor units.

Erm, what did we have drafted again? I'm afraid the man flu and fucking work have been reducing me to the lurker with no fucking idea of what's going on.

QM motivation has been low to match the activity levels here... My creativity is fueled by how interested I feel my readers are, and I've not been drawing people's attention. Self defeating I know, but at least I'm honest about what drives me to greater efforts.

Trust me when I say your writing isn't why I haven't been as active. January sucked. I'm hoping the rest of the year doesn't as much.

Found the relevant 'graduation' to elite status post -> These troops 'to my knowledge' were never reassigned away from their old duty stations (Except for @KnightDisciple Sentinels of Faith inductees and one of the elite artillery which are now manning the "Iron Bitch" as a garrison posting.)

2x elite Arty (Highwind rolls) Ft. Pulaski - Edit: 1 which is now a garrisoned troop commanding the 'Iron Bitch'
1x elite AKP Pembroke (KnightDisciple)
1x elite AKP Oil Rig (KnightDisciple)
1x elite AKP (BadKatt) at Liberty but Under Savannah control
5x elite AKP's from Tank column defense (Highwind & KnightDisciple)
2x elite Combat Engineers from Tank column defense (KnightDisciple)

Oh yeah, I now remember Protectorate Law Enforcement & Homeland did some unauthorized spending freeing all those unit up for transfers...

Savannah Law Enforcement requisitions the Technicals and before anyone has time to ask ANY questions... BAM! Slush fund raided.

Savannah Law Enforcement gains 3x Rifle Platoon Technical's.

Homeland can't behave themselves, they purchase replacement troops for Garrisoned positions because they do not want anywhere to be short staffed when the Council inevitably shuffle the new Elites to different post because of their increased utility.

@Highwind / @BadKatt85 please consider all those forces in Savannah and will be added to the General duty roster as available for field deployment

Reworking duty Roster to reflect this info (ASAP)

(OOC) Total re-reading of this portion of the thread where you obtained a LOT of this stuff has caused me to reexamine my thoughts and feelings re: the science of a Neuatope powered engine without my original writers bias. I've come to think @Nixeu has the right of it. If I were a player I'd aim my research in that general direction. I apologize if at the time I seemed uncharacteristically adviserial in defense of my idea @Nixeu

I was mostly asking to figure out the mechanism by which this stuff could best be harnessed. We certainly don't need all the baggage your standard reactor would require. The design might actually be *something closer to a standard coal-fired engine, albeit crossed with a particle collider. Run a controlled amount of particles through a field, harness the resulting energy. Much more easily throttled than a reactor. Lighter, too, most likely.

*Emphasis is mine

..."Reactor. Noun. An apparatus or structure in which fissile material can be made to undergo a controlled, self-sustaining nuclear reaction with the consequent release of energy."

Keyword: "self-sustaining". This would be a generator or engine, not a reactor. This stuff is exposed to a magnetic field, and does it's thing, without provoking that reaction from other particles.

I just wanted to post a reminder of an earlier request I had. I will need a consensus vote I am sure before Smiths allows me to run with this.

I also would like to take the E-warfare unit (Liberty's Toll?) under my wing and direct their pirate broadcasts if no one has an objection as a precursor to our Charleston punitive strike/ Bracer rescue. I like handling propaganda and spin doctoring. Properly worded we may rally a ton of dissidents to act when we do a call to action. (This turn introduce Savannahs intent to punish the Deacon's forces to the general populace of Charleston, /Next turn call to action to support the actual strike).

If I gain appropriate support I'd like to detail the messages, to see how my spin effects rebel support for the upcoming operations.

As much I want to attempt that, the wall is built to keep people inside even more than it is to keep people out:

The scale and scope of the project are intimidating. The summit of the wall is about 1.5x Mammoths height, it encircles the landward portions totally. It bristles with hardened artillery emplacements and SAM hard points. (Supposedly to provide a ranged killbox before an aggressor can reach the foot of the wall.)

Lower on the wall (but still too high for infantry to easily engage are numerous integral bunkers featuring heavy machine gun nests and gun ports big enough to allow use of MATADOR anti-tank weapons to discourage conventional forces from achieving a position too close for the artillery to deal with.

Then from at the foot of the wall itself out half a km is a tangle of concertina wire, czech hedgehogs, dragon's teeth and anti-personnel and anti-tank mines channel all other approaches towards the pillboxes killbox.

It is evident that the area is pockmarked with craters from attempted escapees -or- (as witnessed at long range through binoculars) those driven from within the walls for some perceived failure, who must try to navigate the dangers while the soldiers above hoot and holler encouragement while making bets on how long they last in this fresh hell. Those hesitant to brave the dangers are 'encouraged' by sniper fire to move along or be dropped where they stand
Breaking a way out is as daunting, or even more so, than breaking a way in. We'd need to open a corridor through 5 units worth of ground, and that would require heavy bombardment of the area to level the anti-tank/infantry barriers, as well as of the wall itself. We do have cluster bombs we can use, available for the Strike Eagles, but the task is still daunting.

The unfinished portions of the wall are an opportunity for that sort of operation. If we manage to crack them open then the escapees will have a viable way out... if we can also bomb the anti-infantry stuff that's on those 5 units along the wall.

It's possible, but I'd put that as a quaternary objective. Primary is recovering Bracer, secondary is bleeding the Deacon's forces, tertiary is propaganda against the Deacon.

-----
-----

I think that's a fair rule, though it makes recruiting power armored units much more difficult if they can only be drawn from elite infantry/mechanized units.

If I may, I have a few suggestions:
  1. Power Armored troops are more expensive, but may be trained normally with a normal Action and Resource cost.
  2. Elite Infantry (AKPs, militia, etc.) can be upgraded to Power Armored Elite with a Normal Action and no Resource cost, and will be unavailable for deployment in the turn they're being upgraded.
  3. Mark 0 pilots can be trained normally, but Power Armor Elites can be trained into Mark 0 Aces through an action and Resource cost.
  4. One cannot shortcut Elite Infantry directly to Mark 0 Ace status.
  5. Elite Mechanized Unit crews can be assigned to compatible Superheavies, but cannot be made into Power Armored Elits or Mark 0 Aces because they're crew-based units.
  6. Elite infantry cannot be assigned to Superheavies and retain their Perks, at least in general. Exceptions can be made depending on individual perks and circumstances, but they're exceptions.
I just wanted to post a reminder of an earlier request I had. I will need a consensus vote I am sure before Smiths allows me to run with this.

If I gain appropriate support I'd like to detail the messages, to see how my spin effects rebel support for the upcoming operations.
You have my support, and that would work works well with my idea of using radio repeaters as propaganda tools/bait during the Operation.

Last edited:
If I may, I have a few suggestions:

Input is ALWAYS welcome, I flail along improvising this all on the fly.

Power Armored troops are more expensive, but may be trained normally with a normal Action and Resource cost.

I could see this, maybe with the additional caveat of reduced effectiveness their first 2 combats as they acclimate, something elites would bypass.
a -1 penalty to both hit and damage on first mission, reduced to -1 to damage on second, third mission is penalty free? unavailable for deployment in the turn they're created as they are attending powered armor 'school'. (Elites are naturals and adapt to use w/o penalty after schooling)

Elite Infantry (AKPs, militia, etc.) can be upgraded to Power Armored Elite with a Normal Action and no Resource cost, and will be unavailable for deployment in the turn they're being upgraded.

Brilliant.

Mark 0 pilots can be trained normally, but Power Armor Elites can be trained into Mark 0 Aces through an action and Resource cost

One cannot shortcut Elite Infantry directly to Mark 0 Ace status.

Elite Mechanized Unit crews can be assigned to compatible Superheavies, but cannot be made into Power Armored Elites or Mark 0 Aces because they're crew-based units.

Elite infantry cannot be assigned to Superheavies and retain their Perks, at least in general. Exceptions can be made depending on individual perks and circumstances, but they're exceptions.

All reasonable and well thought out. TY again my friend :D

Last edited:
(OOC) Total re-reading of this portion of the thread where you obtained a LOT of this stuff has caused me to reexamine my thoughts and feelings re: the science of a Neuatope powered engine without my original writers bias. I've come to think @Nixeu has the right of it. If I were a player I'd aim my research in that general direction. I apologize if at the time I seemed uncharacteristically adviserial in defense of my idea @Nixeu
Ah, don't worry about it. You're the GM, it's your sandbox, we just play in it. So long as you give me something to work with, I'll be fine with you shooting my ideas down. It's a bit like doing science: you come up with a hypothesis, and if you get proven wrong, you adapt your ideas to fit the reality as you now understand it.

Also, while I might be kinda pedantic about terminology at times, it's really not that big a deal to me if we call it a "reactor" or an "engine" or "Tim". Really just trying to use terminology that tells us what it does. So long as we all know what it does, it's fine. Lord knows, people use inaccurate terminology all the time IRL, and, so long as everyone knows what's being referred to, it doesn't do much more than occasionally confuse someone or annoy a pedant (like me) a bit. Trust me, I'm good enough at rolling my eyes and moving on that I'm unlikely to hurt myself.
Breaking a way out is as daunting, or even more so, than breaking a way in. We'd need to open a corridor through 5 units worth of ground, and that would require heavy bombardment of the area to level the anti-tank/infantry barriers, as well as of the wall itself. We do have cluster bombs we can use, available for the Strike Eagles, but the task is still daunting.

The unfinished portions of the wall are an opportunity for that sort of operation. If we manage to crack them open then the escapees will have a viable way out... if we can also bomb the anti-infantry stuff that's on those 5 units along the wall.

It's possible, but I'd put that as a quaternary objective. Primary is recovering Bracer, secondary is bleeding the Deacon's forces, tertiary is propaganda against the Deacon.
As I've mentioned before, I do kinda want to hit something with a missile from the Staurolite to try and piss them off enough to lure them into an aquatic ambush. The wall is certainly a decent target for that. Considered hitting it before, I believe. Not willing to dig up the posts ATM, but it's worth considering.

Allowing @BadKatt85 to 'tailor' the messages to spin the pirate messages from "Liberty's Toll" from last turn to pave the way, & again this turn as a call to action has been called to vote.

So far Katt & Highwind stand in support, two more yes votes need to gain the needed consensus.

Input is ALWAYS welcome, I flail along improvising this all on the fly.

I could see this, maybe with the additional caveat of reduced effectiveness their first 2 combats as they acclimate, something elites would bypass.
a -1 penalty to both hit and damage on first mission, reduced to -1 to damage on second, third mission is penalty free? unavailable for deployment in the turn they're created as they are attending powered armor 'school'. (Elites are naturals and adapt to use w/o penalty after schooling)

Brilliant.

All reasonable and well thought out. TY again my friend :D
Infantry, to Power Armor, to Giant Robot, is a somewhat logical progression. Training troops to be able to handle either Power Armor or Giant Robots straight out of the academy is less of a logical progression and more plain old good sense from a strategic point of view, so as to not bottleneck the training of either unit type.

As I've mentioned before, I do kinda want to hit something with a missile from the Staurolite to try and piss them off enough to lure them into an aquatic ambush. The wall is certainly a decent target for that. Considered hitting it before, I believe. Not willing to dig up the posts ATM, but it's worth considering.
The seaward approach is also hellish, but we wouldn't be approaching so much as firing a missile from stand-off range, so I approve of the idea, but we have to keep in mind they're allied with the Deep Ones and all the wrecks in the area are exactly the sort of place I'd expect them to vacation in.

@Highwind , I agree it is low on the list of priorities... but think even a marginal attempt could pay dividends far beyond the operational cost.

As Nixeu pointed out a few Cruise missiles from range or any of our other K scale munitions concentrated for effect via the 'Oracle' & its fire for effect boost pg 160 post #3,997 concentrated on a ground level impact point to chew a tunnel in the wall.

We need not topple the wall just poke a hole in it, concentrate k scale in a tight enough spot it'll breach.

M270 mlrs cluster & Strike Eagles combined effect munition should play hell with any barbed wire or landmines, and the czech hedgehogs / dragons teeth should have no effect on foot travel.

Even untrained if we put enough barret .50 caliber sniper rifles on the field, we could suppress the hell out of the bunkers nearest to the breach location from extreme range, suppresive fire doesnt require accuracy merely enough load scary to close for comfort bullets inbound.

Although if we clear a flight path close enough Spooky II owns suppression.

The seaward approach is also hellish, but we wouldn't be approaching so much as firing a missile from stand-off range, so I approve of the idea, but we have to keep in mind they're allied with the Deep Ones and all the wrecks in the area are exactly the sort of place I'd expect them to vacation in.
Which is part of why I want to hit them from stand-off range, then have Triton and our other ships ambush anyone who leaves the safety of their defenses. While the Deep Ones are admittedly still a bit of a potential sticking point to that idea, nothing's really stopping us from blowing up those wrecks. Going to need to keep an eye out for them, of course, but still.

Did we ever make any progress on making stingers for infantry? Distribution of those to the resistance shoulder bugger the Reaper drone threat and any as yet unseen Charleston air units.

The technology for Manpad Stingers is within your production capabilities.

If/When you decide to reverse engineer the Stinger for shoulder launch it becomes an upgrade path for any infantry troop type.

FIM-92 'Stinger' (MANPADS) - upgrade 30 R, 2 team members of upgraded unit must surrender their hvy weapons potential to carry stingers (allows conventional Anti-Air engagement - is not considered k-scale). Rng 20/30/40

If purchased as 'rebel care packages' order cost 30 R/unit, effectiveness in rebel hands is based upon 'saturation'. More = better results.

Shit... Shit... Shit...

This had become the personal mantra of the senior engineer put in charge of Councillor Knight's personally led, powered flight project for powered armor.

His first thoughts had been "You want -what- done in a one month research window?!?"

Okay, so we're all cutting edge scientists and engineers with a very deep research budget, a motivated Councillor to clear the political hurdles allowing for us to go all out without having to wait on peer review, and amazing latitude on ignoring safety protocols. On second blush he had grown excited. It was a novel concept... Who didn't want to be like Iron man since childhood, and he could be the protectorates Tony Stark making it all work?

"I'm optimistic." How Councillor Knight could hear those few words and construe it to mean a solid "yes" was beyond him... The man wouldn't hear the words "no", his
mission was to rescue children for god's sake. Who wouldn't get a bit of tunnel vision.

He could have throttled the junior engineer that allowed the councillor to set eyes on, let alone get his hands on a pie in the sky copy of blueprints featuring strictly theoretical stretch goals... Stealth flight, check. Speeds that would make a cheetah blush, sure. Oh, you wanted that while carrying two hundred plus pounds of wriggling passengers AND maintain stable controlled flight... :facepalm:

He hadn't found out about the leaked schematics until AFTER Knight had displayed them before the assembled council.

That wasn't to say his team hadn't had glorious successes, the aeronautical challenges of designing engines small enough yet with enough oomph to lift powered armor and that level of human cargo would have earned him the 'Wright Brothers Medal" for notable contributions in the engineering, design, development, or operation of air and space vehicles had the honor still been given out.

To make these monsters take to the skies at all was a Herculean accomplishment, the fact they still provided armor comparable to their foot slogging brethren and have enough juice for an hour of combined flight and combat operations was astounding.

They could meet Knights mission goals for being 'rescue capable' with a little wrangling... okay stay honest, a good bit of wrangling.

Insertion would need be through a power assisted HALO jump (make that a High Altitude Extreme Low Opening with powered deceleration) counting on the armors servos to absorb a great deal of the shock, to have enough battery to remain mission viable. Reserving the flight for emergency use and to exfiltrate over the walls and out of range of Charleston's defenses. Hopefully getting far enough away to declare a -lukewarm- LZ and wait for a Jumphawk and escorts.

Six Prototypes, and these only having the most preliminary (if comprehensive) of bench tests. Simulator trained pilots with no actual air time in the real world suits, Knight was a madman, an honorable madman to be sure but with odds so stacked against him the Sentinels of Faith that agreed to follow him into the fire had the same determined insatiable damn it all attitude.

The engineer shook his head, it was all so tragically heroic.

"Heh, kind of like my own situation... Me getting the Councillor alone long enough and explaining the suits REAL capabilities and limitations." He squared his shoulders as he knocked on Knights office door.

He knew no rescue would be forthcoming for the ass chewing currently inbound, he had instructed everyone to schedule his meeting for a half hour, 5 minutes to explain the reality, 25 minutes for knight to dispose of the body.
Councilor Knight's Office

Councilor Knight spend several quiet minutes looking over the schematics that one of the head engineers had delivered him. Papers shuffled, the HVAC system whined softly in the background, and the engineer sat there sweating. He'd said his piece, and the Councilor had quietly asked for the paperwork and diagrams. Finally, he set the papers down, clasped his hands on his desk in front of him, and looked the engineer in the eye.

"So."

The word hung in the air for several minutes.

"Not long ago I delivered a seemingly impossible demand. I gave what I, as a non-engineer, thought were fairly loose parameters, and was told, by you, you'd deliver."

He let that stay there for several moments.

"And while I won't lie and say I wouldn't prefer more flight capability, I believe you succeeded. You did this in a month. I'm not mad at you."

He gave the man a genuine, gentle smile.

"I've been trying not to laugh at you sweating buckets this entire time. Oh, sure, you could have, should have, tempered my expectations a bit more. But you're giving me something that's still quite close to my 'pie in the sky' parameters. This is a foundation we can build on for future development, and something we can use now to rescue victims of those monsters in Charleston."

He stood up and offered the man his hand to shake.

"Thank you."

(OOC) As promised the new upgraded stat blocks.

I am throwing the Combat Jacket up strictly for reference as Combat Engineers are the last remnants (usually with the waldo arms retrofitted to better server in construction and demolition tasks).

Combat Jacket: base infantry cost + 150 R (in traditional SSC a single hit usually is fatal to all but the luckiest, the combat jacket allows the trooper to shrug off 2 normal or a single Hvy SSC wound (IE it'll take 3 SSC / or 1 hvy & 1 SSC to prove fatal), In addition Mv becomes 2 (3, if unit forgoes attacks for the turn). If engaged in melee the Combat Suit can inflict (Scratch damage - zero point K-scale) more than sufficient to splatter all but the hardiest SSC/Cat - Zero opponents.

Attacks are as per the base infantry unit with the exception that crew served weapons (such as AKB's recoilless rifles) can be mounted on waldo style swing arms making weight less of a limiting factor.

Waldo #1 Gustav Recoilless Rifle as per normal AKP's

Waldo #2 .50 Hvy MG w/t suppressive fire subroutine (uses suppressive perk mechanic) Hvy SSC (limited AoE 1d3 targets) 360 traverse 10/20/30

Improved Combat Jacket - Low End powered armor (base infantry cost + 150 R) just under 7 foot
May endure 3 points damage as per old jacket / Mv is 2 (3 if forgoes attack opportunities) 30 mph (45 mph)

Waldo #1 Gustav Recoilless Rifle as per normal AKP's
Waldo #2 .50 Hvy MG w/t suppressive fire subroutine (uses suppressive perk mechanic) Hvy SSC (limited AoE 1d3 targets) 360 traverse 10/20/30
  • Shrugs off SSC (unless a natural 9 or 10 on to hit)
  • Endless filtered air / or sealed environment 30 minutes
  • Resistance to cold/heat based attacks -1 to hit

Improved Combat Jacket - Low End powered armor (base infantry cost + 150 R) just under 7 foot
May endure 3 points damage as per old jacket / Mv is 2 (3 if forgoes attack opportunities) 30 mph (45 mph)

Waldos are surrendered in favor of vectored thrust wings -
  • Shrugs off SSC (unless a natural 9 or 10 on to hit)
  • Endless filtered air / or sealed environment 30 minutes
  • Resistance to cold/heat based attacks -1 to hit
Limited flight capability - aerial mv - 3 ( 45 mph) w/t 2 charges of NOS/afterburner fuel - required to achieve flanking speed for 1 turn but necessitates a success die roll (base 5+ first use - 1 or 2 = crit failure) ; second use not recommended due to engine stress (base 7+ succeed, 1-4 crit failure) - on a success however add +5 to aerial mv

If the armor however operates as a Ground Effects Vehicle using the vectored thrust to slalom along 1m off ground, the flight armor can skim along faster than any ground vehicle in our arsenal. MV 5 (75 mph) ---> 10 mv (150 mph) for NOS/afterburner.

For my sanity sake all variants S.A.R. / Hvy Construction / Hvy Medic / Carrier Para-rescue Exo / etc. will mostly be RP difference handled in MY HEAD but combat treatment will be based off the Powered Armor (base unit).

Back