Members: 604
-[B]Faithful[/B]: 12/19
--1 General Scientist - +12 to all research
--1 General Doctor - +6 against diseases and Medical/Biological research
-Followers: 585 (110 unoccupied)
--Recruitment: (+25 per turn)
---(13 Due to: The Codex Mk.1)
---(2 Due to: Daycare)
---(+10 Temporary Increase Due To: Marriage, 1(one) Turn remaining)
Things got re-organized, huh? Oh, and there is a BB code failure.

Materials: 43.49(min. +38.67, max. +89.67 per Turn.)(11.70 Materials owed to The Merchant Guild in 1(one), 25.00 Materials owed to The Merchant Guild in 2(two) Turns.)
Not bad, we need to pay back that loan this turn or next turn, though.

The Emperor
Opinion: Neutral (0)
Plans: Hmmm.
Changed from "Interesting" to "Hmmm". Probably should introduce ourselves soon to the larger administration.

Forge-Clan Vanar-Feer
Plans: ???
Changed from "Workshop" to "???". Could mean that they abandoned the idea or they prepare a large-scale invasion that's going to throw the Forest into chaos. I think we should find out which it is before any of our expeditions get caught up in the crossfire.

-Lady Maranica (Ally (3)/!!!)
Changed from "??? " to "!!!". It's probably about the baby. Selene should expect a surprise party soon.

The Adventurer Guild:
Plans: Kicking the COE
Factions:
-The Huntsmen (Leader: Amra Kaliv/Friendly (1)/60 Members/Reliable Mercenary Company)
-???
No big changes. The Huntsmen got a few more men, though.

Modular Bridge - 5.94 - + 20 to Advanced Machinery
Actuator - 7.92 - +20 to Hydraulics
Soldering Kit - 6.56 - +20 to Advanced Machinery
Pump-Connector - 6.28 - +20 to Hydraulic
No new Common grade Artefacts this turn. Although, I think we might be able to use some of the Rare Artefacts to research ways to reduce the upkeep for a few facilities. The Soldering Kit for the labs and the Pump-Connector for the mines, for example.

The Unbroken
Description: A large force of volunteers sent out to fight for the Empire of Slatnan in the Starlight Crusade, they have repeatedly proven that the bonds forged in the crucible of war are among the strongest there are, routinely going above and beyond if it meant saving one of their own.
Health: 12/12 (Size 12)
Armor: 9/9
Damage: 1d4-1 (+1 at the start of the next CR) for free, 1d12 (Ranged), 1d12+4/-0 (Melee) (against Biologicals/Mechanoids)
Training: Soldiers (4/6) +5 to all rolls
Breakpoint: Unbreakable
Equipment:
-Armored Camo-Cloaks (Standardized): (Melee) If the stealth-roll has a 35 or higher difference, you gain one free attack. +1 Armor (0.5 for every size of the Unit)
-Bloodletter (Special Melee): 1 Damage per Size, Special Rule: Bleeding: +2 damage against biological targets, -2 damage against mechanical targets, -1 damage against armor.
-Commercial Crossbows (Ranged) 1 Damage per size, cannot be combined with shields, -15 to first melee roll for the equipped Unit, Ammunition for 10 Turns.
-Firebomb(Lingering): It is used as a free action before melee is joined, with 1d4-1 and +1 damage in the next Turn. Consumable: Needs to be re-stocked after use. 0.05 Materials per Unit.
-Smokebomb(Scented): A retreat/disengage has a DC of 40 to avoid damage, a DC of 65 against Mutants and Animals. Consumable: Needs to be re-stocked after use. 0.06 Materials per Unit.
-Medical Kit (Silver, Bloodbark): Roll 1d4-1 before casualty rolls to heal any wounded. Consumable: needs to be re-stocked at half cost after use. 0.8 Materials per Unit.
Traits:
Forged In Fire, Cooled By Blood (Does not Break), None Left Behind (All casualties are ignored if the damage taken is under 6(six)), Veterans (Does not necessitate Goodwill upkeep in The Empire Of Slatnan)
Upkeep: 0.48 Materials per Turn, max. of 0.15 Materials per Combat.
And we get a character sheet for our new unit. We really should see if we can't use them to train our other troops. Researching better crossbows, too.

Mutated Wife - Selene Dall
Invisitext.:oops:

Child: Silvia - Mutated Girl - 1-Month-Old
Your first child! She is in every aspect, perfect! Her legs and ears are like her mothers, even if her fur is completely obsidian. She has two horns growing above and swinging around her head in a tiny semi-circle, looking like a regal crown with the spikes atop (even if it makes putting a shirt on a pain), framing her golden hair. She does have a rather long tail, furred like a Sweden forest cat (the fur is obsidian again), which means you need to get a tailor for her pants. The only problem is her grey eyes. She seems unable to focus or follow anything, but that is probably due to her young age, right?
The grey eyes are a bit worrying. Of course, that shouldn't be anything more research can't fix.

The first wave sets out to cleanse an area of any Mutants, Machines, and Animals, which would complain about humanity's presence. They prepare the soil for agriculture, build the first shelters, the first roads, and generally, all that the second wave needs. This wave is made up of the most unfortunate of the Empires society, the poor with no tangible skills, the criminals whose deeds are too minor for death or prison but exceeding for corporeal punishment, those fleeing from debt, or those they wronged, the religious seeking to build a place for their faith, and the fools who have never set a foot outside a cities walls. They transform a region from a 'Red Zone,' an area actively hostile to human life, to a 'Yellow Zone,' one merely hostile, but not actively, to human life. Casualties are high, with about 70% of all in this wave dying within the first year, yet, they never lack volunteers.
Sounds like any survivors would make great scouts. They would be pretty integrated with the newly built communities though. Of course, more influental groups from the cities could still push them out...

One boldly proclaiming a slogan of the Pilgrims and a cheerful depiction of Mutated and Humans holding hands.
Lewd!:oops:

The younger leaned backward, satisfied, sporting his usual grin. "Did you know that Deepbloom is situated nearer to the Field Of 64 than any other outpost of civilization?" The older man looked up in surprise, shaking his head in the negative. "It is, surprisingly enough. It was quite a shock when we realized that we could cut our journey by almost three weeks by basing out of here. Well, one of the villages in this effort anyway."
That does sound useful. We might have to write-in a Diplomacy action focusing on the smaller villages around the Forest.

"The prayer I just spoke is one of the tamer ones. The Church Of Eden had long had aspects I disliked, even before I became completely disillusioned when you exposed the Bishops 'Heresy' and the resulting reactions of the Priesthood."
Oh, it sounds like they rolled good enough to figure out that we leaked that bit of info. That could cause problems.

Not one to waste such a windfall, Marianna quickly set upon learning what she could and reported to Turi that the requested ax could be made the moment funds were allocated to her. A quick, uncomplicated effort with fast results.
Lucky, even if we didn't use the Armor Piercing Ax.

OVERLOADING COR-ACTION OVERRIDDEN
Wonderful, it tried to blow itself up. Let's hope there aren't any more attempts or that they are not more successful than that.

Instead of glass, steel, and their favored alloys, sandcrete dominates The Wall, even as the steel mesh inside can be seen in sections where time took its toll.
I wonder how many people know what the material the Wall was built with is?

Despite your efforts, little has been gained, and you can only return with one new site to scavenge.

Well, except the Bunker.

But no one can open that one.

The scratches make it seem like people tried, though.
Maybe if we repair the Knight or get the Plasma Torch to work again.

Martyris Patience: 48

"Stop pacing," Nexa called out from her seat, flipping a page in the new issue of Broken Sword. A massive literature spanning over three hundred years of real-time, with a new issue every month detailing the adventures of a Mercenary-Knight Squad, fighting on a fictional oceanic world for various nobles for money and in politics for generations.
An average dice roll. I first though this was about the Crystalgarden!;)

Faith: Destructive, Powerful, Magnificent. Faith has moved mountains, healed wounds deeper than flesh, and reduced nations to ash. Harness it to create something that will outlast you and inspire a thousand generations to come. (2 Actions Locked)
Nothing new here, we might want to spend a Personal action here.

Diplomacy: The art of speaking many words that mean nothing should not be underestimated. A report in the right ear at the wrong time has toppled many a nation. (Choose 1 Action)
"Kick 'Em While They're Down!" would be the standart action for this category but we might want to switch that to Personal for a better success chance. In that case, I would go with "High-End Introduction" or "Exfiltrate - (COE)".

Martial: To live, you need power, for which you need knowledge. Luckily, you have the latter in spares. (Choose 1 Action)
I still want to scout the machines before we attack the tower. But a trainings action or building a range are also good choices. Or maybe organizing guards?

Learning: Knowledge is Power. (Choose 1 Action, 1 Action Locked)(Artifacts can be attached to one learning action to provide the inherent bonus but are consumed unless unique buildings are present)
"Lock and Key, Part 2" would be a good choice here, high success chances and we might need it if there are more thiefs.

Archeology: The secrets of the past will illuminate the future; may we learn from their mistakes. (1 Action Locked)
Our one action is locked, so not much to say here. But...
[ ] Open The Bunker
The Bunker beneath a section of the Wall has never been opened, and whatever is inside is worth all efforts to open it, without a doubt! Now you only need to find a way to open it without being swarmed by a thousand Mutants and dozens of Machines.
(Chance: 1%, +1%per try
Reward: The Bunker may be scavenged.
Warning: No Boni apply for any reason.)
@HeroCooky No boni at all? Even if we get tools like the Plasma Torch? Or order specialized tools from a Forge-Clan?

Tree of Knowledge: Home of the Pilgrims, Bastion of what they stand for, a symbol of hope for the desperate. (Choose 2 Actions)
Ugh, two actions and the cheapest option still costs 8 Materials. This hurts.:cry:

Should we sell the Sandcrete recipe, cause that will give us the money to make a lot of expensive actions we otherwise couldn't?
I don't think we should. We would take a Piety-hit and we will always need more Materials anyway.

I'm also not sure what kind of message that would send in a religous context. I don't think most Forge-Clans would look favorable on lost knowledge being sold like that. Using it to negotate aliances between Forge-Clans? Sure. Selling finished producets? Should be fine. But selling knowledge for Materials? They would pay us but I think our reputation with them would take a hit.

Lucky, even if we didn't use the Armor Piercing Ax.
[ ] The Return of the Can Opener - (Weapons)
While the Pilgrim already developed an ax for their use, the Bloodletter is most useful against "soft" targets. Melee against a heavily armored enemy should be avoided, but the Pilgrims' scouts never know what they might find in the old ruins. In such cases, having an option to deal with armored enemies would be useful.
(Needed Artifact: Armor Piercing Ax
That axe should've been used, unless the high success made it not necessary anymore.

-Count Esker (Friend (2)/Penance - Will try to help if asked, within reason)
How about asking him to jump on the Kick COE bandwagon?

Any suggestions for second personal action?
[ ] Ailments Of The Mind with "Obedience And You - Training People!", Self Help Booklet, and "The Dreamers Guide"

That should give us a +65 or 90/80/70 chance of success(es). The artifacts should help them with their nightmares (dreamers guide), sticking to the program we set for them (training people), and finding ways to incrementally improve (self help).

Tackling the PTSD issues ASAP should hopefully prevent them from spiraling too much before we have an effective treatment plan set up for them.

Using the Resilient Electric Toy on [ ] Keeping Cool might be a good idea as well, the last thing we'd want is for the refrigeration to have an electrical failure and cause everything stored inside it to spoil. It'd also make the chances 95/90/85, making it likely to finish in one turn or even go beyond.

Edit: By the way, your plan leaves us with:
43.49(stockpile) + 38.67(min income) - 11.7(loan) - 2(locks) - 20(deep pumps) - 30.4(tree lights) - 2.34(doctor training) - 6(scientist training) + 50(sell recipe copy)
59.72 materials minimum for next turn. It might be worth using [Sandcrete] on the school, so it finishes on the last turn we can use [ ] Kick 'Em While They're Down! for maximum damage to Eden's influence. We'd still have at least 37.22 materials to use for next turn, more than enough to pay off the second loan, and that's not taking into account next turn's income, or getting more than the minimum.

Last edited:
That axe should've been used, unless the high success made it not necessary anymore.
We have the axe still listed under Rare Artefacts, soooo...

If we sell a copy of the recipe we get 50 materials and no piety reduction. A better option in my opinion.
It's better in regard to Piety but 50 Materials isn't that much. Enough for one of the bigger projects at least but there probably would be other consequences.
I suspect the Forge-Clans would be rather cross with us. We know they internally trade knowledge for alliances but outsiders get only finished products, otherwise the Empire wouldn't need to research steam-tech and the Scholastic Scholars wouldn't exist.

Honestly, I think we might have to simply slow down a bit. Even if we get a huge amount of Materials at once, the extra upkeep of stuff we build is going to slow us down anyway. Once the school goes online we have to pay 13 Materials more in upkeep! That's nearly one-third of what's leftover now each turn!
Most of the other big things have similar high upkeep, where a one-time influx of Materials won't help us. Laboratories - Expanded is 7.5 Materials upkeep, Medical Wing - Expanded is 8 Materials upkeep, Metalsmiths Abode - (Expanded) is 7 Materials upkeep, and the Electronics Workshop is also 8 Materials of extra upkeep each turn.

you would gain 1/2% progress with those proposals.
Hmm, what about going through the Sandcrete instead of the door? We do have the recipe for it so we should have some idea about what could damage it and we could do tests to figure out what is most effective at damaging it, in the labs. Effectively spend an action or two on raising our chances of getting into the Bunker.

Anyway, a plan draft:

[] Plan Scouting, Spying, and Finishing Buildings
-[][Faith] Establish A Poor-House - (Mirn) - (1/2 Turns Complete)
-[][Faith] Build A School - (Big) - (Mirn) - (1/6 Turns Complete) - (3FF)
--[] +3FF
-[][Diplomacy] Exfiltrate - (COE) - (0/1 Turns Complete)
-[][Martial] Scout Out. - (The Unbroken) - (TOP-03) - (0/1 Turns Complete)
-[][Learning] Catalog Everything - (Advanced Electronics/Hydraulics/Mechanics, Electronics/Hydraulics/Mechanics) - (3/8 Successes)
--[] +6FF, + (Turbine Coolant System +20 to Hydraulics)
-[][Learning] Lock and Key, Part 2 - (Mechanics) - (-2 Materials) - (0/1 Successes)
-[][Archeology] Send Out The Scavengers - (TW-01) - (Tech-Scouts)
-[][Tree of Knowledge] Storerooms - Grand - (-8 Materials) - (0/3 Turns Complete)
-[][Tree of Knowledge] Beautification - (-10 Materials) - (0/3 Turns Complete)
-[][Personal action] Too Much To Do - (The Crystalgarden - (1/2 Turns remaining))
-[][Personal action] Too Much To Do - (Kick 'Em While They're Down! - (4 Turns Remaining)) - (0/1 Turns Complete)
-[] Merchants - (All Are Free Actions)
--[] Buying Goods In Bulk - (Administration Center - Grand)
--[] Payback loan: -11.70 Materials
-[] The Adventurer Guild - (1 Free Action)
--[] Investigate - (Forge-Clan Vanar-Feer) - (-4 Materials)
-[] Stupendously Scholastic Scholars of Science - (1 Free Action)
--[] Suffer Their Arrogance - (-6 Materials) - (1/4 Turns Complete)

Budget: 43.49 Materials
Costs: 11.70 Materials+ 2 Materials+ 8 Materials+ 10 Materials+ 4 Materials+ 6Materials= 41.7 Materials

Faith actions are locked, and they are going to drive up our upkeep soon(+13 upkeep).
Diplomacy focus on getting more dirt on the COE because the Relationship tab notes that violent protests are dying down and Kick them has a better chance as a Personal action. We have to start taking that action as a Personal action anyway next turn because of the reduced success chance.
Martial focus on scouting the tower, using the Unbroken because of the +5 from them being Soldier grade.

Learning keeps the Knight action and gets the Lock research to improve security. I put the Turbine Coolant System on that because we are unlikely to research anything in that specific direction anytime soon and the other stuff could give interesting traits if used on other research (Secret Of The Circuit Pt.2+ Resilient Electric Toy for example).
Archeology gets the action to loot the new location because the place has loot for 5 turns and we can't send out expeditions for an uneven amount of turns. Also, we still have to roll for the Crystalgarden so I want that as a Personal action.

Tree of Knowledge gets cheap actions that have positive long-term effects and not too many new upkeep costs.
Personal is focused on actions that benefit from the +35 bonus.

Finally, I send the Adventurers out to investigate the Vanar-Feer so we aren't surprised if they plan something crazy with the Workshop. Them stirring up the entire Forest could cause huge trouble and I don't want any of our expeditions out if that happens.

I am thinking about moving "Kick 'Em While They're Down!" and "Catalog Everything" around, but I also think we need to keep the pressure on the COE up, so fishing for more secrets sounds like a good idea.

@HeroCooky I have been thinking about a few write-in actions for Martial.

[ ] Make A Man Out Of You!
Now that the Unbroken returned from the Crusade you have access to an experienced and highly trained military unit. See if they can't share some of that experience with your other units and teach them a thing or two.
(Takes Unbroken and X number of Units to train - (Specify which)
Chance: ???%
Turns: 3-5?
Reward: Training Grade of the trained unit increases.)

[ ] Guards! Guards!
While the Tree of Knowledge has some security it doesn't have a dedicated guard. Start training a few Pilgrims as guards so that you don't have to worry about thieves or even worse saboteurs.
Turns: 1-3?
Reward: Pilgrim Guards can be assigned to buildings, at the cost of increasing the upkeep of the building.)

I have also been thinking about getting some animals as extra guards but I'm not sure how feasible that is, after looking through the Bestiary.

We have the axe still listed under Rare Artefacts, soooo...

@HeroCooky I have been thinking about a few write-in actions for Martial.

[ ] Make A Man Out Of You!
Now that the Unbroken returned from the Crusade you have access to an experienced and highly trained military unit. See if they can't share some of that experience with your other units and teach them a thing or two.
(Takes Unbroken and X number of Units to train - (Specify which)
Turns: 3-5?
Reward: Training Grade of the trained unit increases.)

[ ] Guards! Guards!
While the Tree of Knowledge has some security it doesn't have a dedicated guard. Start training a few Pilgrims as guards so that you don't have to worry about thieves or even worse saboteurs.
Turns: 1-3?
Reward: Pilgrim Guards can be assigned to buildings, at the cost of increasing the upkeep of the building.)

I have also been thinking about getting some animals as extra guards but I'm not sure how feasible that is, after looking through the Bestiary.
You succeeded so much that the Ax wasn't neccessary. So it will stay.

The actions have been added.

And guard-animals exists, but they are rare. You could order some Elemental Felines for that, from the Merchants to be precise.

Elemental Cat - Sky - 5 Materials

Elemental Cat - Stone - 6 Materials

Elemental Cat - Flame - 4.5 Materials

Elemental Cat - Flame Stone - 13 Materials

Elemental Cat - Sandstorm - 15.5 Materials

Elemental Cat - Metal - 20 Materials

Elemental Cat - Lightning - 22 Materials

Elemental Cat - Sightless - 19 Materials

The prices are for one Elemental Feline.

And guard-animals exists, but they are rare. You could order some Elemental Felines for that, from the Merchants to be precise.
From what we heard it's mostly nobles that have them around so I thin-
Elemental Cat - Sky - 5 Materials
Yeah, they are expensive. Probably some Flame Cats as traditional guard animals and Stone Cats if we can literally plop them down in front of vaults or on top of keys.

I'm surprised Stone Cats are that cheap; they are described as rare by the Bestiary.

And now to look at the new actions.
[ ] Guards! Guards! - (Specify Building)
While the Tree of Knowledge has some security, it doesn't have a dedicated guard. Start training a few Pilgrims as guards so that you don't have to worry about thieves or even worse saboteurs.
(Cost: 6.5 Materials, Upkeep: 0.55 Materials
Turns: 1
Reward: Pilgrim Guards are assigned to the building, sharply increased DC for malicious actions against it.)
Costly but takes only one turn. We would need at least three actions though, because of our three mines. Probably four if we want the Tree too.

[ ] Make A Man Out Of You! - (Specify Trainer Unit) - (Specify Training Unit)
Now that the Unbroken returned from the Crusade, you can access an experienced and highly trained military unit. See if they can't share some of that experience with your other units and teach them a thing or two.
(Needed Unit Training: (3/6)
Turns: 3
Reward: +1 Training Level, up to the training Units level, -1.)
I assume "Needed Unit Training" refers to the skill grade of the unit that trains the other unit?
So our Militia (2/6) grade Scouts can't train anyone, but our Soldiers (4/6) grade "volunteers" could train units up to grade (3/6)?

1. I'm surprised Stone Cats are that cheap; they are described as rare by the Bestiary.

2. I assume "Needed Unit Training" refers to the skill grade of the unit that trains the other unit?
So our Militia (2/6) grade Scouts can't train anyone, but our Soldiers (4/6) grade "volunteers" could train units up to grade (3/6)?
That is still the equivalent of 2.400 hours of work. Or someone usint the pay of 240 days on the animal. Also, you have connections.

2. Yup. And no airquotes required, they actually volunteered when you asked.

[Canon] - (Must Read) - Clan Vanar Arsenal Report
Clan Vanar Arsenal Report
Classified - Emperor's Eyes Only​

This report is made with the expressed purpose of informing His Highness of the capabilities of the Empire's Largest and most influential Forge Clan. This report breaks down the Clan Vanar's arsenal into three categories, Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery. This report breaks down each unit into its main Armament, its Armor, Miscellaneous Items, the Description of what they are, what they are armed and armored with, and how they are used along with any additional information.

Infantry​

Vanar Guardsmen
Armament: Vanadium Spear and Kite Shield
Armor: Brigandine Chest Piece and Gambeson Jacket with Vanar Guard Helmet
Misc: Sidearm and Utility belt (Rations, water filter, Blood Bark Gauze, etc.)
Description: Clan Vanar's basic Line Infantry, the Guardsmen are armed with an Vanadium Steel Spear and Kite Shield; they provide the majority of Clan Vanar's Self-Defense Force. Equipped with Vanar Brigandine Armor and a Gambeson Jacket, it is easily mass-producible yet offering a high degree of protection for its cost. The helmet is the most complicated piece of Armor. It provides full head protection with a steel body, a wide transparent metal visor, and a one-way receiver radio for the Guardsman to hear incoming orders even in the heat of battle.

The Guardsmen are trained to use their spear and shield in a Shield wall formation and usually have their own choice of Sidearm when their spear is ill-suited for the situation. The most common Sidearm is usually arming swords; however, maces, war hammers, and hand ax side arms exist when they are more likely to face opponents wearing Armor. Finally, a utility belt containing a variety of items, from rations to Blood Bark Gauze, depends on the user's preference.

The Guardsmen are the most common type of infantry under the Clan's employ, and their roles are usually as a garrison force to the various Forts and Villages owned or under the protection of Clan Vanar, their spears are typically left in their barracks, and they usually patrol with their Sidearm if they are in an urban environment. During Campaign, they are the equivalent to Levy Spearmen and are used as such.

Vanar Halberdiers
Armament: Electric Halberd and Vanar Flash Shield
Armor: Brigandine Chest Piece and Gambeson Jacket with Vanar Guard Helmet
Misc: Sidearm and Vanar Battery Belt
Description: Clan Vanar's more specialized Line Infantry, the Halberdiers are armed with an Electric Halberd and a Flash Shield that can blind enemies in front of the Halberdier. Equipped with Vanar Brigandine Chest Piece, Gambeson Jacket, and a Vanar Guard Helmet similar to the one used by Guardsmen. They do operate on a separate radio frequency however, so that they won't receive orders meant for the Guardsmen. Unlike the Guardsmen, however, the Halberdiers have a Vanar Battery Pack to run their Electric Halberd and their Flash Shield, which gives out a very bright flash to the area in front of them and blinding everyone in its area. The Flash shield can be magnetized to the Halberdier's forearm, allowing for the use of 2 hands for their halberd while having an extra layer of passive protection.

The primary role of the Halberdiers in peacetime is as Monster Hunters or convoy escorts. They are much better trained than the Guardsman and, when equipped with the Vanar's supply of Vanadium steel weapons and Armor, are usually a match to the average adventurer or mutant. However, a majority of their training is spent fighting as a team to defeat larger opponents. This teamwork training translates well to fighting in a large unit formation as they can quickly follow their commander's orders and respond like an efficient machine. During Campaigns, they supplement the Spearmen units supplied from Levies and guard the flanks or frontline from Cavalry and Mutant charges.

Vanar Champions
Armament: Laser Forged Greatsword
Armor: Vanar Juggernaut Plate Armor
Misc: Dagger Sidearm and Utility Belt
Description: Clan Vanar's Elite Guard, their primary role as Bodyguards to the prominent Vanar Clan members, resulting in them being given the best equipment that can be readily mass-produced. Chosen from talented individuals that have a long history of service and loyalty to the Clan, Champions are trained in numerous weapons and tools at the Vanar's disposal along with various tactics to defend their charge from assassination or infiltration.

Armed with a Laser Forged Greatsword that can keep its edge even after a hundred cuts, able to cut through chainmail and soft iron armor, and can withstand blows for hours with negligible damage. When a Greatsword retires or is killed in action throughout the years, the sword itself is passed down to their replacement. Over time, these swords have gained mythic status as unbreakable as they are still in good condition even after passing hands over the generations.

However, what makes the Champions a deadly force on the battlefield is the Armor they wore. Clad in high-quality Vanar Plate, they are impervious to even high-powered Crossbow bolts, able to absorb blows from war hammers and maces without issue due to an internal foam lining, and administer stimulants and painkillers to allow the Champion to keep fighting when a normal man would have collapsed from exhaustion hours ago. The Armor also includes a very sophisticated helmet containing a high-grade gas filtration system, a multi-frequency radio to better coordinate patrols, and a thick transparent aluminium visor provide a wide field of view. A secondary visor can be attached to the helmet to offer a Darkvision mode, allowing Champions to see in the dark with only very light.

That is usually the general equipment for the majority of Clan Vanar's Champions. However, there are several notable regiments of Champions that have additional upgrades supplied to them by their specific patrons. From Flash Gauntlets that can blind enemies to Howler Helmets that can deafen and disorient any enemy the Champion is facing, Shock Gauntlets can electrocute enemies on contact or shoot barbs that attach themselves to the target to electrocute them. During campaigns, they can help bolster and inspire the frontline or protect their Clan Vanar charges if they enter the battlefield.

Vanar Crossbowmen
Armament: Vanar VRC Model 20 Repeating Crossbow
Armor: Brigandine Chest Piece with Gambeson coat and Vanar Guard Helmet
Misc: Ammo Vest, Utility Belt, and Sidearm
Description: Clan Vanar's Basic Ranged Infantry is the Vanar Crossbowmen. Armed with the standard VC-20 Crossbow, which can hold 20 bolts before needing to reload, with a rate of fire of a bolt every second, and an effective range of 320 meters with a maximum range of 680 meters. The Imperial Army currently use the VC-16 as the standard-issue Crossbow for the Empire; it is much simpler and cheaper to maintain and produce with its wooden frame and less powerful motor, allowing only 16 bolts and shooting a bolt every 2 seconds.

However, to join the ranks of Crossbowmen, the recruits must go through an Imperial Military Academy to understand how to wield the venerable weapon. Every year, families send many of their bright sons and daughters in the hopes of them graduating the Crossbowmen course and be hired as Military Crossbowmen. Who get much higher wages for their technical skills than an average Militia or Guardsman. Vanar Crossbowmen are recruited from the best-performing graduates, where they will be given a month of additional training at their new posting.

Those that managed to get selected by the Vanar will receive similar equipment as the Vanar Guardsmen; however, they have an Ammo Vest to store extra bolts and batteries for the Crossbow's motor. Their role in peacetime is to supplement the Town Guard with ranged options and use their engineering knowledge to help around their town. During Campaign, they are kept at the backline where they can rain volleys of bolts into enemy formations.

Vanar Grenadiers Crossbowmen
Armament: Vanar VGC Model 8 Grenade Launching Crossbow
Misc: Sidearm, Grenade Backpack, and Utility Belt
Description: Clan Vanar's solution to a situation where they are severely outnumbered is the Vanar Grenadiers. Armed with the VG-8 Grenade Launcher Crossbow, these crossbows can deliver explosive grenades up to 400 meters every 3 seconds. Only the strongest and most fit Crossbowmen are considered to be recruited to the Grenadiers as they are required to march with a pack full of heavy grenades into battle. They proved their worth against the Flood as their explosives reaped untold numbers of enemy combatants; however, eventually, they too run out of explosives ammunition.

There are many different varieties of Grenades that the Grenadiers have access to with Clan Vanar's arsenal. The most common are Fragmentation Grenades that explode into a shower of metal fragments that perforate targets that could have survived the explosion's concussive force. The 2nd type of Grenade is the Anti-Armor Grenade that first activates a powerful electromagnet on its nose to attach itself onto the Armor of enemies once launched. Inside of it is a cone of copper that, when the Grenade explodes, melts that cone and, with the force of the explosion, pushes it into a jet of molten metal and penetrate several feet of steel with ease.

However, Clan Vanar has developed several Exotic Grenades that are only available to their Elite Grenadier Regiments. The most common Vanar Grenade is the Shock grenade, which can electrocute an area with a strong electric current causing any enemy caught by the blast to be severely paralyzed as their nerves are overloaded by foreign electricity. The Shockwave Grenade emits an explosion of sound that ruptures the organs of any living being within its lethal radius while deafening and disorientating everyone in a much wider radius. After these grenades have dealt their damage, a thermite charge inside them activates and melts all of its internal components into slag to not be captured and reverse engineered by foreign nations and clans.

Positioned behind the frontline, they can launch Grenades over the heads of the frontline and shred the back of the enemy's frontline. Grenadiers have been known to be high-value targets for enemies of the Empire due to their effectiveness; thus, protecting them so they can do their jobs is a priority in any battle.

Vanar Longbolt Launcher Teams
Armament: Vanar VLB Model 8 Longbolt Launcher, Vanar VRC Model 16 Repeating Crossbow, and Pavise Shield
Armor: Camouflage cloak and Gambeson Coat
Misc: Utility Backpack, 2-way Radio, Darkvision Goggles, and Sidearms
Description: Vanar Bolt Launcher Teams are a team of two that operates a VLB-8 Longbolt Launcher, capable of launching a Heavy Crossbow Bolt the size of an adult arm every 5 seconds and an effective range of 600 meters and a maximum range of 800 meters. They are operated by a Shooter that looses the Bolt Launcher and a Spotter who serves as his Assistant to carry the ammo and shield along with providing perimeter defense. Due to the weight of the equipment that they must carry, they are only lightly armored with a gambeson coat. Both the Longbolt Launcher and the Repeating Crossbow have a magnified scope.

To be chosen as a Longbolt Operator, the recruits must have two years of prior service as a Crossbowman under their belt along with having a letter of recommendation from their patron or officer. Those that met the requirements are put through a two-month-long training course where they are taught advanced concealment techniques, concealed movement, target detection, range estimation, relevant reporting procedures, advanced marksmanship, known and unknown distance firing, at stationary and moving targets during daylight, and limited visibility in varying weather conditions, and many more.

To operate the Longbolt, the Pavise shield must be firmly set up, driving its bottom into the ground so that it can stay upright to both provide a stable platform to rest the Bolt Launcher upon and to protect the operators from possible retaliatory attacks. The Shooter will rest the stock on his shoulder and use a scope to better aim the Launcher. Once a bolt is loosed, the motor will redraw the bow to be ready for another shot, and the Assistant will quickly reload the next Bolt to be fired. The Spotter's job is to provide perimeter defense and conceal the team from being detected by enemies.

A team can be used in 2 ways, grouped with a dozen other Longbolt Teams and deliver a volley of Bolts against a single high-value target or a mass of heavily armored Cavalry or Mutated or be sent out into enemy territory to stealthily gather information about the terrain and enemy movements, be an early warning system in case an army is approaching the forward base, and if the opportunity presents itself assassinate high-value targets and escape. Non-Vanar does purchase a commercial version of the Bolt Launcher that is very easy to maintain and operate and does not require much training to use effectively. These are used on their Town Walls to attack incoming invaders.

Vanar Flame Troopers
Armament: Vanar VF Model 7 Inferno Flamethrower and Kite Shield
Armor: Vanar Dragon Scale Armor (Neuionum Scale Armor with an inner Fire Feline Leather Backing)
Misc: Vanar Self Contained Independent Breathing Apparatus, Ammo Belt, and Sidearm
Description: Clan Vanar's general Close Quarters Anti-Infantry unit. When Grenadiers are not an option, Flame Troopers are used in an urban or tunnel environment—armed with the VF-7 Inferno Flamethrower that can shoot flames up to 30 meters with a Kite Shield for added protection. The Inferno is fueled by compressed flammable gas distilled from oil harvested from algae farm. The Inferno can produce a high-temperature stream of fire that will cause severe burns against targets without sufficient fire protection. Should the need arise, Clan Vanar developed the VF-7T model that uses a Thermite Filament, which turns the stream from the usual red to a bright blue flame laced with metal powder that can melt through steel or most forms of fire protection and continue to burn inside its target. To reload the Inferno, its fuel tank can be easily detached from the weapon's bottom and be replaced by a fresh tank stored on the Trooper's belt in under 3 seconds.

The Dragon Scale armor is made from Neuionum Scales with an inner Fire Feline Leather Backing to provide excellent heat insulation to keep the user safe from his weapon. The Scales offer sufficient protection against Crossbow bolts while light enough for the Flame Trooper to be maneuverable in close quarters. The Armor also comes equipped with an Independent Breathing Apparatus, so the Flame Trooper would not inhale any poisonous fumes from his weapon by storing up to 1 hour of breathable air. When not in combat, the Breathing Apparatus can be sealed, and the Trooper can open the seals in his helmet to allow outside air to enter.

Vanar Flame Troopers are normally used in urban battles or part of an army group regiment. In urban or tunnel combat, a Flame Trooper is assigned to Frontline squads whose role is to provide anti-infantry support by burning out enemies in defensive positions. Due to the Inferno's fuel being flammable gas instead of oil, once the trigger is loosened and the fuel is cut off, the fire will quickly extinguish itself if there are no other flammable material, allowing for troops to proceed through moderately safely. Squads that are attached with Flame Troopers are usually supplied with disposable filters in their Utility Belt to be inserted into their helmet to filter out harmful fumes that may linger in the air. However, in massive field battles, Flame troopers are generally grouped and put in the frontline and deliver a withering wall of fire at a charging enemy frontline before retreating behind friendlies to change their tanks. Once they are ready for another go, there will be a signal for the frontline to pull back behind the Flame Troopers, who douse the enemy frontline in flames a second time. These are just their most common uses, as there are many different strategies developed for their help in various scenarios.

Vanar Shockwave Troopers
Armament: Vanar VS Model 9 Disruptor
Armor: Vanar Enforcer Plate Armor (Vanadium Steel Plate Armor)
Misc: Sidearm, Battery Pack, and Utility Belt
Description: Clan Vanar's Elite Close Quarters Anti-Infantry unit when Flame Troopers are too dangerous to be used, like inside friendly cities. Armed with the VS-9 Disruptor, it delivers high-frequency sound waves that can rupture vital organs through Armor within 40 meters. The Disruptor can be adjusted to lethal or disorientating settings and is powered by a portable battery pack attached to the wearer's back capable of allowing the Shockwave Trooper to fire continuously for 4 minutes before needing to be recharged. Because Shockwave Troopers are rarely deployed to the frontline, it isn't a disadvantage as most engagements rarely require 4 minutes of continuous activation.

Armored in Enforcer Plate Armor, the Shockwave Troopers are relatively well protected against most forms of ranged attacks. Anti-Armor weapons like Maces and Warhammers will damage the Armor if they hit hard enough. However, any enemy that enters the range of the Disruptor is in extreme danger. The Enforcer comes with a Darkvision visor to see in the dark along with a built-in radio and helmet speaker to communicate.

They are mainly present in Wealthy Town Guards, who can invest in purchasing the equipment and the services of a Vanar Engineer to maintain them. Their primary purpose is to support the Town Guards with a very effective close-quarters weapon safely used inside populated areas without causing massive amounts of property damage. They can aid in riots with their non-lethal attack that can quickly disorient someone into compliance or against Mutated under the employ of organized criminals.

Vanar Longbolt Vanguards
Armament: Vanar VLB Model 8 Longbolt Launcher and Tower Shield
Armor: Vanar Vanguard Heavy Plate Armor
Misc: Mutated Medical Module, Ammo Pack, and Sidearm
Description: Clan Vanar is not a clan known for ignoring a possible resource due to cultural bias and does employ various Mutated into their service. A relatively common position is to be Longbolt Vanguards. Training a Longbolt Team is a lengthy and expensive investment, thus Longbolt Vanguards are a much cheaper alternative to provide Longbolt support in army formations at the cost of Stealth and Long Range. Using the VLB-8 Longbolt Launcher that was meant to be used by two people, a Strength Enhanced Mutated could carry the weapon by themselves and reload them with one hand. Unlike the Longbolt Teams, Vanguards are fairly maneuverable; the Vanguards don't need to set up the Bolt Launcher as they can just aim and shoot from their shoulder. While this does impact their long ranged precision with the weapon, the ability to quickly aim the Longbolt at medium ranged targets more than makes up for it as it is recommended they focus on much closer targets and leave the long-distance marks to the highly trained Longbolt Teams.

The Vanguard armor fully encases the Mutated user in thick layers of armor-grade steel that can stop military crossbow bolts from long range. If there is a penetration, onboard medical systems can inject a cocktail of painkillers, antibiotics, and blood clotting agents to keep the user alive for as long as possible. An Ammo Pack allows the Vanguard to carry 65 Bolts for battle, and the Sidearm is for situations where they are engaged in a melee, which is usually a blunt force weapon in case of fighting other armored units.

Longbolt Vanguards are incredibly effective against Cavalry as their Bolts can penetrate the Mount and the person riding it. Thus they are usually stationed on the Flanks but occasionally see Frontline action in the event the frontline was broken or to rain Bolts on the enemies' backline. They are also useful when assaulting Towns as any breach in their defenses can be quickly secured by the Vanguards and be very hard to close with the Bolt Launcher able to penetrate through multiple soldiers due to its power. Nobles that employ Mutated into their army and have the money to buy a commercial Bolt Launcher will usually create counterfeit Longbolt Vanguards but are generally not as heavily protected or as well trained as those under the Vanar's direct employ.

Vanar Flame Vanguard
Armament: Dual Vanar VF Model 11 Incinerator Flamethrower
Armor: Vanar Vanguard Model F Plate Armor (Vanadium Steel Foam Plates)
Misc: Vanar Self Contained Independent Breathing Apparatus, Mutated Medical Module, and Cooling Underlay
Description: Clan Vanar's more specialized Mutated Soldier specifically created for Tunnel and Urban warfare. Armed with Dual VF-11 Incinerator Flamethrowers attached to the user's forearms allows the Flame Vanguard to maneuver in cramped urban and tunnel environments quickly. The Incinerator is fueled with the same flammable gas used by regular Flame Troopers; however, they are stored in a large tank attached to the Armor's back. This allows the Incinerator to release fire continuously for 6 minutes from both nozzles or 12 minutes using one nozzle before it runs out of fuel. It is recommended for the Vanguards to fire in brief bursts to maximize their time on the field.

The Flame Vanguard's Armor is unique compared to other Vanguard model armor. It uses Metallic Foam technology, which injects air inside a cooling block of metal to create air bubbles inside the metal. These air bubbles act as additional layers of insulation and allow the Armor to endure much higher temperatures before the heat reaches the Armor's interior. In addition to this added insulation, the Armor is also fitted with the same Vanar Self Contained Independent Breathing Apparatus used on the Flame Trooper, a Medical Module, and a Cooling Underlay that circulates cold water around the user's skin in a network of veins before returning to a Cooling unit where the water is cooled down before it is pumped back into a network of arteries.

Flame Vanguards are incredibly specialized in their jobs and thus only utilized in war or taming hazardous Mutant Plants. There are very few Flame Vanguards as their role isn't common enough to necessitate a large number of them. The high cost of manufacturing and maintaining it is another detriment to its widespread use. However, in the times they were used, they are unmatched in their effectiveness. The benefit of being the best tool for the right job.

Vanar Lightning Vanguard
Armament: Vanar VLG Model 5 Storm Lightning Gauntlet and Kite Shield
Armor: Vanar Vanguard Model L Plate Armor (Conductive Mesh Lining)
Misc: Graphene Battery Pack, Insulating Underlay, and Mutated Medical Module
Description: Clan Vanar's Elite specializing in Mutant Hunting. They are armed with the VE-5 Storm Lighting Gauntlet, capable of frying a man to a crisp in a single bolt or melt the Armor on a person's body. The Storm is powered by a Graphene battery pack that can hold 50-100 electric bolts on a full charge and be recharged with any Vanar made power source. The Storm uses a high-frequency laser to direct the electricity by creating a path of ionized gas that is highly conducive for a split second. That split second is all the time the Storm needed to discharge a lethal bolt through the ionized air and into its target. If the enemies are close together, there is a chance the electric discharge can bounce into a nearby enemy if they are close enough. However, this is usually not enough to prevent Lightning Vanguards from being overrun by large numbers of enemies.

Armored in Vanguard L Plate Armor contains a Conductive Mesh Lining that absorbs incoming electric attacks and harmlessly directs them to the ground. A layer of insulation helps ensure that the incoming electric charge follows the Conductive Lining to the ground. This protective lining is effortless to implement. Thus, there is a very high chance other nations can negate the effectiveness of the Lightning Vanguard by making their Elite units immune to the Lightning Vanguard's attacks.

The combination of having very limited ammunition and a high possibility of enemy nations developing Electric proof armor makes them very unsuitable for battlefields against large armies. What they are excellent at, however, is in Mutant and Machine Hunting. As most Mutants don't have special immunity against electric attacks and Rouge Machines are especially vulnerable to electric attacks, this makes the Lightning Vanguard ideal Mutant and Machine Hunters. While hiring their services comes at a steep price, they are guaranteed to kill whatever Mutant or Machine is causing problems to your lands that don't require a Knight deployment.

Vanar Siege Sappers
Armament: Tool Belt, Sapper Pack, and Explosives
Armor: Hardened Fire Feline Leather Armor and Sapper Helmet
Misc: Vanar Rebreather Apparatus, Sapper Wagon, and Sidearm
Description: Clan Vanar Sappers are the Empire's premier Anti-Siege specialists with a wide variety of roles in campaigning armies. Using explosives and tunnels to bring walls down, set up the artillery positions, fortify trenches, reinforce walls, act as counter tunnelers, and create the equipment needed for storming opposing walls or gates.

They are armed with their Tools and a Sapper Pack that contain all of the tools they will need to construct tunnels. From picks and hammers to small demolition charges and a dozen glow-sticks. They also use special Sapper Wagons to carry heavier equipment that they could not move by themselves. Mostly building material for defensive emplacements or equipment to create Siege Engines.

Sappers also regularly work together with Flame Troopers in counter tunneling operations as their Flame Throwers are devastating in a tunnels' cramped environment. Both have independent air supplies that mean that they will not asphyxiate once the Flame consumes all of the tunnel's oxygen. While the Hardened Fire Feline Armor is lightweight and very heat resistant, it is recommended that Sappers stay behind their Flame Trooper guards when in combat.

During Sieges, however, Sappers are taught a wide variety of methods to compromise defenses in the Vanar Engineering School's Sapper course. Before the Vanar started teaching Sapper Siege-craft, Imperial Sappers were mostly Support Sappers equipped with axes, hammers, various tools, and comprised of those with experience in woodworking, mining, and other skills about the clearing of marching routes and campsites. They mostly advance in the Vanguard to clear or fix roads. Those type of Sappers are still present and have been renamed to Support Sappers. Those that have been taught in Siege-craft are now called Siege Sappers and usually act as the Foreman with many apprentices who do most of the grunt work. Those apprentices that show promise get recommended to attend the Engineering School's Sapper course after passing several tests.

Vanar Drone Operator Teams
Armament: Terror Drones, Warhound Drones, and Chaos Drones
Armor: Gambeson Coat
Misc: Drone Control Wagon, Drone Workshop Wagon, and Drone Storage Wagon
Description: Drone Operators Teams are members of Clan Vanar who specialize in Robotic Engineering, Data-Smithing, and being skilled operators. The Engineer constructs the Drones, the Data-smith programs them, and the Operator controls them into battle. They can do each others roles just fine but not as effective as they would their chosen specialization. Drone Operator Teams usually have three models of Drones in their arsenal; however, custom drones with unknown abilities are typically present in many Teams.

The most common Drone is the Terror Drone. This quadrupedal Drone is the size of an Alpha Blightdog and just as lethal. However, instead of poison, it uses its mechanical muscles and Vanadium Allow Pincers, which can punch through a steel breastplate and tear the person inside to shreds. These Pincers also gives the Terror Drone the ability to dig itself a hole and hide in it while its sensors stay above ground still capable of detecting approaching enemies. Their powerful limbs also give them excellent climbing ability while also being very quiet, allowing them to launch ambushed from trees or climb over enemy walls, gather intelligence, or assassinate an enemy leader—a very versatile and deadly Drone in Clan Vanar's arsenal.

The next Drone is the Warhound Drone; it is again the size of a Blightdog; however, its primary Armament is a back-mounted Military Crossbow. Instead of a 20 bolt magazine, the Crossbow is belt-fed, and the Warhound has an internal ammo capacity of 100 bolts. They operate in packs and can act as automated sentry guns. Whenever an enemy is detected on its motion sensors, the Drone operator on duty will be notified to coordinate an ambush better or just observe with the high powered camera. Then the operator can decide to attack or retreat.

The last Drone is the Chaos Drone. It is a remote-controlled wheel that is filled with high explosives. Because it is the size of a wagon wheel, it is tiny and can hide in many places. It is a very effective trench clearing weapon as they can enter trenches and explode with the force of a demolition charge. However, their preferred targets are large clumps of infantry in urban environments where many enemy combatants are much closer together than on an open battlefield.

The Drone Operators only wear light armor as they are usually at the backline inside of a Drone Control Wagon, where all of their command and control interface equipment is housed. There is also a Drone Workshop Wagon, where all of the repairs and modifications are done, and a Drone Storage Wagon, where replacement parts and tools are stored. These wagons and the operators themselves are guarded by trusted retainers of Clan Vanar, who will ensure their safety above all else.

Cavalry​

Vanar Heavy Cavalry
Armament: Electric Halberd and Kite Shield
Misc: Vanar VHC Model 4 Hand Crossbow, Utility Belt, Barded War Lizard, and Sidearm
Description: Clan Vanar's Lizard Cavalry is similar to regular Imperial Cavalry with slight Vanar upgrades. Armed with Vanadium Steel Lances, the Riders use their mounts' speed to flank and charge into infantry ranks and crushes them under their claws. Those who are desired to become part of Vanar's Cavalry must go through a Cavalry Course in the Imperial Academy. The training to become a Lizard Rider is very strict as the War Lizards require special care not to eat its future Rider.

Halfway to their training's completion, the class travel to a reputable Lizard Breeder to find their Mount. Once the Lizard and Rider pair has formed, the Lizard is bought, and further training is done for the team to get used to each other and work together smoothly. After the Rider and their Mount completed training, they are trained in group tactics and coordinating with other riders. Those who graduated can choose various positions, from the Imperial Army to one of the different Noble Houses and Clans.

Those accepted into the Vanar are clad in Enforcer Armor and given additional pieces of equipment that they must learn how to operate. The Enforcer's internal radio and Darkvision Visor helping them see in the dark are invaluable assets in any battle. To better coordinate with troops that don't have radio access, Handcrossbows are also given to each Rider. These Handcrossbows can hold four standard Bolts or Flare Bolts that can be shot into the air as a form of signaling the other elements of an army that does not have a radio, which is the majority of them.

The Mount is also armored in thick Vanadium Alloy Plate armor, making them impervious to military crossbows above 100 meters in areas that don't have its natural plating. Its Armor also contains a cooling unit to prevent the War Lizard from overheating, allowing them to stay active for much longer. Due to a War Lizard's large size, it can carry additional equipment like replacement Halberds, Shields, and Sidearms along with some medical supplies in case of an injury during the battle that can be applied once the Rider disengaged.

In Campaign, their main targets are usually dependent on the main threat to the main army; if the enemy Cavalry is the main threat, then the Cavalry will be the main target and vice versa for the Ranged units. Cavalry is best used in the Hammer and Anvil strategy, where the Rider charges at the backs of the enemy frontline engaged with the main army and surrounds them. Once the enemy is sufficiently culled, the Riders disengage and move on to the next.

Vanar Crossbow Outriders
Armament: Vanar VRC Model 20 Repeating Crossbow
Misc: War Lizard, Ammo Pouch, Utility Belt, and Sidearm
Description: Clan Vanar's main Skirmisher Cavalry, armed with Vanar VC-20 Repeating Crossbow, although they are excellent for delivering a barrage of bolts before quickly retreating before the enemy can retaliate. To become an Outrider, the individual must first pass the Crossbowman course in the Imperial Military Academy before applying to the Cavalry Course. They follow the same process as what the Lizard Cavalry has to go through, with the main difference being that they are to use Crossbows instead of engaging in melee.

During peacetime, the Outriders patrol the roads and escort caravans around their assigned territory against Mutants and Highwaymen. During a campaign, they have two roles, the first is to whittle down enemy units to help out the main army, and the second role is to distract the enemy army and give them something to worry about or send a company away from the main army to deal with them. They must avoid getting into ranged duels with ranged infantry because the infantry will outnumber the Outriders and be able to send more bolts along with the fact that Outriders are lightly armored. It is usually recommended to charge into melee and let the War Lizard do the damage when dealing with ranged infantry. When dealing with enemy Cavalry, so long as the Outriders can outrun them, the Outriders are welcome to whittle the enemy Cavalry down with ranged attacks. The danger is when the Outriders couldn't outrun the enemy, in which case the procedure is to retreat behind the protection of friendly Spearmen units.

Vanar Grenadier Outriders
Armament: Vanar VG Model 8 Grenade Launching Crossbow
Misc: Ammo Pouch, Scout Lizard, Utility Belt, and Sidearm
Description: Grenadier Outriders are Veteran Crossbow Outriders that are allowed the use of the Model-8 Grenade Launcher. Armed with the Model-8, a unit of Grenadiers Outriders can devastate a line of infantry before retreating. In a single battle, a hundred casualties could be attributed to a volley of Grenades from these Outriders. For Grenadier Outrider, the only difference between how they are used in comparison with Crossbow Outriders is that they have the firepower to go on Ranged duels with ranged infantry units due to the firepower of their Grenades. They can get close to the enemy frontline and launch their Grenades into the middle of their ranks and heavily disrupt their march. Grenade Outriders and Lizard Cavalry will usually work together by having the Grenadiers launch grenades into a spear wall, which will disturb their formation enough for the Cavalry to charge in relatively safely.

To be promoted to Grenadier Outriders, they must first have four years of service as Crossbow Outrider before they are recommended into the Grenadier Outriders. Due to the Mount being the one who is carrying the weight of the Grenades, the Rider doesn't need to be as strong as the Grenadier Crossbowmen; however, a strict training regimen is required for them to stay in shape in case they ever get dismounted.

Vanar Coilgun Outriders
Armament: Vanar VCC Model-7 Coilgun Custom and Vanar VHC Model 4 Hand Coilgun
Misc: Capacitor Banks, Scout Lizard, Ammunition Pouch, and Utility Pouch
Description: Members of Clan Vanar that find the experience of being on the battlefield to be an energizing and engaging experience are usually sent to be Coilgun Outriders. To be a Coilgun Outrider, they must be member of Clan Vanar by blood and be at least a Journeyman Engineer, able to create their own Coilgun. A Coilgun is a ranged weapon that launches a metal slug at tremendous speeds using magnetism's power. The ammunition used by Coilgun Outriders are dense Fin-Stabilized Vanadium Alloy Dart capable of penetrating an Imperial Steel Breastplate from 800 meters every 2 seconds. Each Coilgun has a Select-Fire setting, which can trade the Coilgun's power and range for a higher fire rate and penetrate a Breastplate reliably at 400 meters twice every second. A balanced setting is being able to penetrate a Breastplate at 600 meters every second.

A Hand Coilgun is also carried by the Outriders. These Coilguns can be operated with one hand and sacrificing range for rate of fire, it can shoot one of its 16 darts that can penetrate plate armor at 200 meters every second. Usually stored in a thigh holster, these Hand Coilguns are used as sidearms and for dealing with multiple close ranged targets. Because it can be shot with one hand, Veteran Outriders usually use these to attack pursuers or quickly draw them to defend themselves when they are on foot.

Each Coilgun is custom made by its user. However, before construction can begin, the design must first be approved by a Vanar Master Engineer. The Master Engineer will point out mistakes and let the user figure out a solution on their own. Once the Master deemed that the design can work safely, the user will start the crafting process. Once a working prototype is made, the Master Engineer who approved its plan will run mandatory stress tests that all Coilguns must go through. Those whose Coilguns survived the tests are given pointers on how to improve the design. On the other hand, those whose systems failed are told to find the problem themselves and fix it themselves. This is a learning experience and a test of the Engineer's knowledge and skills to see if the Engineer can find the problem and fix it.

Once they have their Coilguns finished, the next step is to go through Outrider training at the military academy. Those that pass are then placed into the Vanar Coilgun Outrider and become an apprentice under a Veteran Outrider. Their role is very similar to the Crossbow Outriders, except that they have superior equipment. Each Coilgun Outrider has its own varied set of equipment; however, there several pieces of equipment that all have, which are Enforcer Armor, Capacitor Banks mounted on their Lizards to keep their Coilguns powered, an Ammo Pouch to store their ammunition, and a Utility Pouch to store necessary supplies and maintenance tools for their weapon.

Coilgun Outriders are a deadly force on the battlefield, their weapons are devastating, and their mounts allow them to escape unscathed from slower-moving enemies. Their preferred targets are heavily armored enemies such as Heavy Infantry, Mutants, Machines, and Heavy Cavalry. However, due to their limited number, they are only available as Mercenaries and are very expensive to hire their services.

Artillery​
Vanar Slingshot Heavy Coilgun
Armament: Vanar VHC Model 9 Slingshot Heavy Coilgun
Armor: Gambeson Coats and Chainmail with Guard Helmets
Misc: Range Finding Tools, Supply Wagon, and Work Lizard
Description: Clan Vanar's most common piece of Artillery, the Heavy Coilgun, is a larger-scale version of the hand-held Coilgun used by Coilgun Outriders. Capable of launching a Steel Ball Shot the size of a fist with an effective range of 6-20 kilometers depending on sightline, crew-veterancy, and modifications at more or less every 3 seconds. Alternate power settings exist; however, it is encouraged to keep the fire rate similar to prevent overheating.

The creation of a Heavy Coilgun requires a team of Master Engineers and the Vanar's most advanced Workshop several months to create. These Coilguns are usually used as defensive fortifications in Castles and Forts around the Empire for those who could afford the electricity to power it. Even then, the price to buy one is very steep. Coilgun crews are trained for several months and taught how the mechanics of a Heavy Coilgun work before practicing on a fake Coilgun under the instructors' watch.

In Campaign, a Heavy Coilgun is brought to battle towed to a wagon that carries all of the necessary tools to work effectively in the field. In the Wagon pulled by a Work Lizard, the Wagon contains Capacitor-Banks that stores electricity generated from Dynamos connected to the Wagon's wheels. These Dynamos use the wheels' rotation to generate electricity, and in a week-long march, that charge will add up. In case of emergencies, the Engineers can create treadmills with which the other Work Lizards of the army can generate extra power at a much faster pace. Other than that, each crew has a set of Range Finding equipment to help with their accuracy.

The Heavy Coilgun uses a Breach loading method to ready rounds without having to load the shot from the muzzle, speeding up the rate of fire. The Heavy Coilgun uses a variety of different ammunition, each with their roles, the most common is the Solid Shot, whose preferred targets are large units like Cavalry and fortifications; however, they are still reasonably effective against infantry as the Steel Ball will penetrate through ranks of infantry and will bounce when it hits the ground and cause more injuries to those in the Ball's path. The 2nd most common type of ammunition is the Canister Shot, named because it is a canister filled with smaller shots. Usually, the shot used by Coilgun Outriders, which are just several dozen small steel balls, used to devastating effect against approaching enemy infantry as the Heavy Coilgun can send the equivalent of 30 Hand-held Coilguns worth of shot at an approaching army and shred them to pieces at the cost of severely reducing its range to 1km max effective range as the Canister releases its shot in a spread-out pattern. The last and rarely used type is a Vanadium Steel Dart meant to be used against heavily armored Knights or Machines.

Vanar Shredder Organ Coilgun
Armament: Vanar VOC Model 7 Shredder Organ Coilgun
Misc: Range Finding Tools, Supply Wagon, and Work Lizard
Description: A relatively recent design created by a team of Vanar Engineers, an array of 5 Coilguns set up in parallel on wooden mounts. The benefit of this design is that it is much simpler to make, as all it is are five hand-held Coilguns strapped together; it doesn't need the advanced Machinery of a high-level Vanar Workshop. However, it sacrifices the Heavy Coilgun's terrifying firepower in exchange for an unsurpassed fire rate. At the back of each Coilgun is a slot where a magazine can be inserted to feed the Coilgun with 15 rounds of solid shot for each barrel. The Organ Coilgun will fire its Coilgun in sequence with a half-second delay between each Coilgun. Once the Magazine is empty, all the crew need to do is replace the spent Magazine and reinsert a full-on on each Coilgun that can be done in more or less 4 seconds. Those who have seen the Organ Coilgun in action call it a different name, the Organ Shredder.

Due to using hand-held Coilguns, the Organ Coilgun has a significantly reduced effective range of 700 meters, and heavily armored opponents like Knights or Machines will require Vanadium Alloy Darts for piercing Heavy Armor. The crew undergoes the same training program as the Heavy Coilgun crew, with a few minor changes to account for the equipment differences.

The Supply Wagon contains the same Battery Bank used by the Heavy Coilgun along with a range-finding tool to help calculate a range quickly. This weapon is frighteningly effective against approaching Cavalry and Infantry; however, it will not win Artillery duels due to its limited range and will be ineffective against heavily armored units like Knights, restricted by range and its limited power. However, this is a niche weapon; it is very good at its role as a force multiplier against enemy infantry and Cavalry.

Vanar Helldart Rocket Battery
Armament: Vanar VR Model 8 Helldart Rocket Battery
Armor: Gambeson Coats and Brigandine Breastplate with Guard Helmets
Misc: Range Finding Tools, Armored Ammo Wagon, and Work Lizard
Description: Clan Vanar's most recent addition in Artillery, the Helldart, uses a powder that is ignited to propel a payload of explosive that explodes on impact. It has an effective range of 4.5 kilometers and can be made to shoot further with improvements to the Rocket design are implemented. The Battery itself is relatively cheap to create and maintain; the Rockets themselves take up the majority of the costs. Clan Vanar is currently researching various ways to improve the design, from improving the fuel formula to the Rocket's aerodynamic design.

The Rocket Battery can hold up to 9 Rockets for launch, and each Rocket can be launched one at a time or in a burst of 2 or 3. It is highly discouraged to ignite all nine missiles simultaneously for safety concerns. The accuracy of the Rocket Battery leaves much to be desired; however, its ability to deliver widespread explosive death to its enemies from a significant distance must not be underestimated. For this reason, it is only used in fighting against enemy armies as create a single Rocket is moderately expensive to make it terms of materials, chemical expertise, and the volatile nature of handling high explosives when compared to the other forms of Artillery in the Vanar's arsenal which only requires electricity and small spheres of metal.

Inside the Armored Ammo Wagon are Wet Stowage Racks designed to hold the Rockets for storage. The Wagon is armored to protect the valuable Rockets inside from getting damaged. If the racks are damaged, the shelves' liquid will douse potential sparks that might ignite the explosive munitions. The crews that operate the Battery are given extensive training on how safely use the Battery itself along with range estimation calculations to help the crew make relatively accurate shots.

Due to the cost of constructing the Rockets, these Rocket Batteries are mostly stationed in Vanar territory as a defensive emplacement; however, when the circumstances deem that spending the Rockets be worth the cost, the Helldart Rocket Batteries will be deployed to the field of battle

Vanar Spectrum Las-Cannon
Armament: Vanar VLC Model 8 Spectrum Las-Cannon
Misc: Supply Wagon and Work Lizard
Description: Clan Vanar's most advanced artillery piece is the VLC-3 Las-Cannon; it utilizes intense beams of light that can instantly superheat its target, causing it to explode. The Las-Cannon can fire for 20 minutes when fully charged due to is Hydrogen Microcell Batteries; however, the internal components are in danger of overheating if the Las-Cannon is activated for too long. As a safety precaution, a ratio of activation time and cool down time of 1:10 is installed into all Laser weaponry. Meaning that 1 second of activation requires 10 seconds of cool down time; this safety precaution can be overwritten in emergencies. Still, it is expected that the Las-Cannon would destroy itself in the process.

The Las-Cannon contains three firing modes, the 1 second, 3 second, and 6-second burst. The Short mode can be used for dealing with high-value targets like enemy artillery or Cavalry. The Longer modes can be used to sweep across infantry lines using the Las-Cannon's swivel mount or to focus on a heavily armored target like a fortification and melt a hole through it. Its primary use is as defenses for Clan Vanar castles and installations with 2-8 depending on its importance.

There are mobile versions that can be brought to Campaign; however, there are less than 40 of them. To crew, these Las-Cannons require each member to be of Clan Vanar; 1 family has volunteered to dedicate their line to these powerful weapons' maintenance and operation. To operate these weapons is as simple as pointing the Cannon to your target and pulling the trigger. Repairing and maintaining is much more complicated and requires the tools of an Advanced Workshop.

The Supply Wagon contains a Bank of Batteries and is equipped with the same Dynamo system used by the Heavy Coilgun along with a variety of replacement parts in case something needs to be replaced. However, it should be noted that it is very unlikely for the Las-Cannons to be fully charged during a long campaign due to the amount of charge that could be replenished out on the field. Those that are fixed defenses in Clan Vanar Compounds are much more powerful and energy-hungry; however, they can rapidly generate large amounts of electricity from their main Generators and thus are not in any danger of running low on power. The Mobile Las-Cannons are much more energy-efficient, robust, and more straightforward to maintain and repair at the cost of power and having an enormous production cost for the Microcell Batteries.

At the moment, they are only available to the Vanar and are only deployed when the Vanar goes to war.
-------------​
This concludes the summary on what is the composition of Clan Vanar's arsenal. A more detailed description with illustrations is available on the next page.

AN: Oh my God this took forever to make. A lot of units here inspired by various games from different franchises and weeks worth of research. Yes, you can fight using a 2-handed weapon and a shield at the same time by using the sling like shown here by Shadiversity. Neuionum is the name of metal that is used by Ancient vehicles and QM said that there is a good stockpile of them. If you have any questions feel free to @ me.

Edit: Change the Bolt Launchers to Longbolts, added a Hand Coilgun to the Coilgun Outriders, and fixed a few grammar errors.

Last edited:
Alright lets see what we have here

[ ] The Bio-Forge Heresy
A Biological Forge Clan, likely specializing in Genetic Mutations and trying to create the Ultimate Lifeform/Immortal Being is my likely guess.

[ ] Eversun And Technology
Eversun is the seafaring nation right? I'm guessing most of their tech will be Giant Vessels and Submersibles along with powerful weapons capable of Bombardment.

[ ] 3-Point University, The Grave Of Traitors
A location and probably about the Not-SCP.

I am not sure what to pick. Anyone want to help me decide?

Back