Changing Destiny (Kancolle)

I said I was worried about what she would get, and that I'm not changing her design (a second time) in here.

KC!Sara is so scarily close to my original notes for Sara before I found Pacific that it isn't even funny.

Sky is in love with KC!Sara.

Seriously you should see how flustered he gets when there's a new cute Sara pic (read: all that are not lewd, and even then there are exceptions) and I send it to him.

The thing that weirds me out about Sky's love for Saratoga is that he was smitten with her before Kancolle was even a thing. It makes me feel this :confused:.

No offense meant Sky.

The thing that weirds me out about Sky's love for Saratoga is that he was smitten with her before Kancolle was even a thing. It makes me feel this :confused:.

No offense meant Sky.
He's used to it. In fact, he's slowly becoming similar to @Sheo Darren in that he has a bunch of Saratogas, similar to how Sheo goes around and collects various Murakumos (and any shipgirl about as fluffy and tsun). WSG!Sara, KC!Sara, Pac!Sara, Original!Sara, Abyssal!Sara (AKA, Jellyfish Princess), just to name a few.

He's used to it. In fact, he's slowly becoming similar to @Sheo Darren in that he has a bunch of Saratogas, similar to how Sheo goes around and collects various Murakumos (and any shipgirl about as fluffy and tsun). WSG!Sara, KC!Sara, Pac!Sara, Original!Sara, Abyssal!Sara (AKA, Jellyfish Princess), just to name a few.
Eh, I can relate. I collect nu-13/mu-12/lambda-11 and Sakuya Izayoi pics. On the bright side of this my fiance (yay! Finally got to pop the question) has cosplayed both. Although her Sakuya looked far far better than her blazblue stuff, but I didn't say that.

Sky is in love with KC!Sara.

>.>

Seriously you should see how flustered he gets when there's a new cute Sara pic (read: all that are not lewd, and even then there are exceptions) and I send it to him.

....you're not wrong.

You do have entirely too much fun flustering me though :V

No offense meant Sky.

I was attached to her and loved her stories, yes, but I didn't love Sara in the sense of 'wants to wife this ship' by any stretch of the imagination. Think of people who are really attached to...

I dunno, Enterprise (any of them, fictional or otherwise)

Or Texas.

Or any other museum ship they visited as a kid.

Admittedly I'm more attached than most considering the situation, but not in the same sense that KC or WSG or Pacific would have it be.

That's everyone else trying to build me a harem, not me :V

EDIT: In more related news, currently digging through my books for European fun.

I was attached to her and loved her stories, yes, but I didn't love Sara in the sense of 'wants to wife this ship' by any stretch of the imagination.
*looks up*
....you're not wrong.
Uh huh. Forgive us if we ignore you saying you wouldn't put a ring on it, and continue to tease you about it.:V
That's everyone else trying to build me a harem, not me :V
You haven't said no.:p

Nooooooooooo

More on-topic: Reading about the European theater can give little gems that people don't cover all that often. One sees a lot from the big name American and Japanese ships. The Pacific War is covered a lot by the more historically inclined members of the fandom. The European side of things? Barely ever covered save for maybe Warspite, Hood and Bisko. A shame really, there's some stuff in here that is quite useful.

Like Italian Ninja Loli. :V

In other words, Espero. Doesn't even have a wiki page of her own (just her class- Turbine -and her sinking). Antique destroyer built in the late-20s. Has engine troubles reducing her to 25 knots, so she stays back to cover her two sisters against a force of British light cruisers. Whereupon she successfully dodged their fire for an hour before being hit in the boilers.

Her return fire? Splinters from one shell hitting HMS Liverpool hit the warheads of two torpedoes. They didn't detonate, but if they had...

Espero continued to be shot at by HMAS Sydney, before she finally sank. Sydney? Her gun-barrels were stripped of paint in the morning. The direct quote being "Morning showed the muzzles of Sydney's guns stripped of paint, which hung in long reddish-grey streamers almost to the deck."

It took the British nearly five thousand rounds of six-inch ammo to sink one destroyer. No, that is not a typo. They shot so many shells to sink Espero (and try to sink her sisters) that there were only about 800 rounds of light-cruiser ammo left in the entire Mediterranean theater. To sink one antique and crippled destroyer.

Poor showing, Britain, poor showing.

And Espero has to have one ludicrously high evasion stat :V

Joking aside, why do I bring this up? When Espero sank right around the start of the story, timeline wise? Simple, because it is an indication of why the Mediterranean is an interesting area to cover that doesn't get much interest. And why that is where we're going when I move back to Europe.

The Med is very much an interesting and forgotten side of the war. You wouldn't happen to know any good books on it, would you? Most of what I've found is very general.

The Med is very much an interesting and forgotten side of the war. You wouldn't happen to know any good books on it, would you? Most of what I've found is very general.

The story above comes from Struggle for the Middle Sea by Vince O'Hara. Fairly short, but also fairly comprehensive by most standards in this regard. It is hard to find good works on the actual combat, instead of the ships. And even then it's ludicrously hard to find good information that isn't in Italian.

Espero continued to be shot at by HMAS Sydney, before she finally sank. Sydney? Her gun-barrels were stripped of paint in the morning. The direct quote being "Morning showed the muzzles of Sydney's guns stripped of paint, which hung in long reddish-grey streamers almost to the deck."
Question: When did they realize that Espero had been sunk? I ask because... well, were the actually shooting at a target firing back, or were they shooting at a sinking/sunken hulk?

Back