Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X] Hanyi came to her, complaining about being bullied while playing on the mountain. Something about her claim makes you dubious though...

Mmmh... Green 2/3 arts beginning at 4 meridians, when TRF just got its 4th meridian in Green 2, and SCS/PLR got its 5th, is not particularly low? You aren't going to have arts beginning with that many meridians usually, and so far those arts are the ones beginning with the most meridians (they are also the ones beginning the highest, cultivation wise).

Most of them span three cultivation levels without growing in meridian count, though. That's the big thing.

[x] Shen Hu approached you for once. He has found the abandoned lair of an underworld dragon, but is not confident that he can face the scavengers that fill it unopposed.

[X] Hanyi came to her, complaining about being bullied while playing on the mountain. Something about her claim makes you dubious though...

RE: Laughing Flight of the Wind Thief

We actually lose out on passives compared to max SCS (-10 speed including conditionals, loses all sneak attack bonuses, gain +10 conditional avoid) and we lose the persistent OWS which kinda sucks - our primary sickass movement tech. BitD is a completely different effect, though it is really strong.

If at all possible, we want to burn through to level 2 in one go to avoid what I think will be a temporary downgrade in capabilities
Can we not have both of them? Isn't that why we squashed SCS?

Edit: Opps long time ninja.

Last edited:
I adore Coldstar Blade, and want to take it badly.

Just not now. I want to train it HEAVY the turn we intend to get Green 4, so we can master it and then Modify the Blades Keyword in the same turn

There's something I like about both going back to our first weapons and training throwing knives with moon senpai. Throwing knives are just flat steel blades, right?

Granted I want Beast King and the voidshroud first.

There's something I like about both going back to our first weapons and training throwing knives with moon senpai. Throwing knives are just flat steel blades, right?

Granted I want Beast King and the voidshroud first.

I prefer the image of showing up to a spar with Renxiang

CRX:"The usual keep away then?"

Ling Qi produces an elegantly curved saber from her ring, black as night with an edge of gleaming silver, inverse twin to Renxiang's own in all but quality*

LQ:"I thought we'd switch things up. I hope you'll forgive me if I'm a bit rusty."

Renxiang gives what Qi has learned to interpret as a smile, as she puts her right arm behind her back

Most of them span three cultivation levels without growing in meridian count, though. That's the big thing.
Ah, I think this is just Yrs not having time for details:

Coldstar is G2-G4, begins at 5 meridians and end at 7.
Starless is G2-G4, begins at 4 meridians and end at 6.
Silver Maiden is G2-G4, begins at 4 meridians and end at 6.
Beast King is G3-G5, begins at 4 meridians.
Glacier is G3-G5, begins at 4 meridians.
Vengeful is is G2-G4, begins at 4 meridians.

Basically, the last three arts don't have as much details meridian wise than the first three, but I don't see any reasons why they wouldn't be getting more meridians.

[X] Shen Hu approached you for once. He has found the abandoned lair of an underworld dragon, but is not confident that he can face the scavengers that fill it unopposed.

[X] Shen Hu approached you for once. He has found the abandoned lair of an underworld dragon, but is not confident that he can face the scavengers that fill it unopposed.

[X] Ruan Shen sought her out, seeking musically inclined help for a particularly troublesome elder's challenge he has discovered.

My feeling is that if the Hanyi event is narratively important to her arc, it will happen sometime anyway. If it isn't and it's just a minor social/opportunity like the others, then I'd rather use this to allow other characters the chance to exist.

[X] Ruan Shen sought her out, seeking musically inclined help for a particularly troublesome elder's challenge he has discovered.

I personally love the Shen option because it gives Yrs the opportunity to build on the "Something wrong, bubbling up from the deeps" themes that the Color from Space shit and Li Suyin delving missions were building on.

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by OneArmedYeti on Jul 23, 2019 at 1:59 AM, finished with 160 posts and 81 votes.

[x] Shen Hu approached you for once. He has found the abandoned lair of an underworld dragon, but is not confident that he can face the scavengers that fill it unopposed.

Back