Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[] Shen Hu approached you for once. He has found the abandoned lair of an underworld dragon, but is not confident that he can face the scavengers that fill it unopposed.

Just posting this in advance. I'll come back and edit in the X later. As for my reasoning, I simply like the idea of facing off against the things Below.

[] Ruan Shen sought her out, seeking musically inclined help for a particularly troublesome elder's challenge he has discovered.
This one seems like the best way to get started on music club.

We really should work on the Hanyi SL. Even if she is around alot, we have never really spent an SL action with her like that. Even if both of the others should have some gains in them we should not neglect to work on our spirits when we finally get a chance.

[] Hanyi came to her, complaining about being bullied while playing on the mountain. Something about her claim makes you dubious though...

Currently on mobile

Will do a proper reading once I get back on my laptop

Well, Hannyi quest'll keep for now, but Shen Hu was available last month, and the place we're going to is good adventure fodder, might be able to find some mats to get some gear upgrades with there.

Sable Crescent Step: B rank
A master of this art may bring its lessons together in a single movement, an impeccable step of matchless grace. The cunning master may find several uses for this movement. A single attack of equal or lower may be avoided, no matter how unerring the aim, as the user simply ceases to exist in the material world for a moment, rematerializing with Far range of their current position. If more offensively inclined, the user may instead make a single physical attack utterly bypassing up to C rank physical armor and damage reduction, and rematerialize within Close range of their target. Targets with higher damage or armor reduction instead have it reduced by two ranks for the purposes of determining damage.
Is this meant to be part of Laughing Flight of the Wind Thief?

..hmmmmm speculation. Hanyi is being "bullied" by a spirit. Meaning it has to be one smart enough to not just go all kill kill kill, or a wild beast.

It also has to be yellow or green to successfully bully hanyi as well. While theres plenty of green spirits out there in sect, I think the only one person springs to mind..... its river eel. Get ready for zhengui river eel showdown.

That being said ruan shen is really tempting. So is shen hu adventure since after this we might need to prioritize other characters and I'm not really interested in binding river dragon. And afterwards shen hu will prob get sent to low priority over other major characters such as the ES nobles.

But I can't find his cultivation at the moment. I want to say He's a green 4 or 5. But I'm not sure.
Ruan Shen is Green 5 I'm pretty sure.

Ling Qi hummed, briefly reaching out to touch the Jade stick and pull the information on the art into her thoughts. Wood and Earth in the old style, a three step art which focused on slower paced and contemplative exercises and breathing techniques. It encouraged its user to contemplate themes of growth and cycles. She could see why her mother might lean toward something like this. It was not something that she could cultivate, given her own inclinations, but it was a good beginner step.
@Xepheria C Y C L E S

Well, Hannyi quest'll keep for now, but Shen Hu was available last month, and the place we're going to is good adventure fodder, might be able to find some mats to get some gear upgrades with there.
And you know that it will keep... how? Like her options last thread always disappeared in one turn so that this one shall remain seems... dubious at best.

If we do Shen Hu I want Xiulan to invite herself along :(

And you know that it will keep... how? Like her options last thread always disappeared in one turn so that this one shall remain seems... dubious at best.
Well, Hanyi is going to be an integral part of Ling Qi's story for a while. If this event is important to that it will stick around. She's not Han Fang.

This update was pretty relaxed and heart warming. It's nice seeing Ling Qi spend time with her family.

It encouraged its user to contemplate themes of growth and cycles. She could see why her mother might lean toward something like this.
It's an interesting choice for Qingge. I can see how it can fit, with how her family has grown and how her daughters will grow in the future. She's gone from a somewhat well off servant family to prostitute to living with her daughter, who is a retainer to the Cai family.

When the next day came, Ling Qi rode with a laughing Biyu into the lightly wooded foothills, perched on Zhengui's back.
The often mentioned Tank Commander Biyu?

Ling Qi smiled as she set her sister down and rested a hand on her head. In the realm of the immaterial, her spirit pulsed, and cold swept through the observing spirits. It touched lightly upon Biyu's head, and the little girl giggled and grabbed at the snowflakes that crystallize in the air around her. To everyone else though, the meaning was unmistakable. 'Mine' her spirit said, and it was both declaration and threat, absolute in conviction, colored by the mastered lessons of the Thousand Ring Fortress art.
This is pretty cool. It doesn't look like it matches any art and seems like it's just a thing cultivators can do. It's nice to see a bit of Zeqing's influence too.

"Can we swim?" Biyu asked with wide eyes as Ling Qi lead her down to the stream. Behind her, she could feel Hanyi's gaze on her back, from where the young spirit sat on Zhengui's shell as her little brother laid down for a nap.
Looks like Hanyi is jealous and tries to be too cool to play with kids. I like the little argument her and Ling Qi have about playing afterwords and how it's not an easy fix and will take time.

The arts shown are pretty cool and as usual I want to vote for all the social options.

[] Shen Hu approached you for once. He has found the abandoned lair of an underworld dragon, but is not confident that he can face the scavengers that fill it unopposed.

What, Serpants Treasure 2.0: the Musicing?

Yeah gotta go with...

[] Ruan Shen sought her out, seeking musically inclined help for a particularly troublesome elder's challenge he has discovered.

I really want to see the effect Green 3 has on the purity of our Expression.

Last edited:
Hanyi one is interesting but I'm kinda concerned about her using us to bully someone... The other two are great too, leaning towards music though.

[X] Hanyi came to her, complaining about being bullied while playing on the mountain. Something about her claim makes you dubious though...

[x] Shen Hu approached you for once. He has found the abandoned lair of an underworld dragon, but is not confident that he can face the scavengers that fill it unopposed.

Because we want to eventually grab Shen Hu as a vassal or teammate for the inter-sect tournament. Ruan Shen is material for neither.

Last edited:
[X] Hanyi came to her, complaining about being bullied while playing on the mountain. Something about her claim makes you dubious though...

Now is voting time

Saving Shen Hu and Ruan Shen for later

[X] Shen Hu approached you for once. He has found the abandoned lair of an underworld dragon, but is not confident that he can face the scavengers that fill it unopposed.

The boys aint that important compared to working on our family. Hanyi got a lot of hangups and problems to work on. Not really anything we cant leave for a "later" that will never come.

Back