Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Ling Qinge, ran away from arranged marriage to a minor noble house.
Ling Qi, ran away from a brothel.
Ling Biyu, ran away from ?????.

How about we snip this tradition out before it gets out of hand.
Biyu gets to be whatever and whoever she wants to be.

Let's be serious here: Biyu getting into the core sect is pretty unlikely. Hell, if she gets into the inner sect in her second year we should be jumping for joy.

If she in talented enough to become core then we should absolutely take advantage of that opportunity to make use of the sect's resources. It's not like we're going to be fabulously wealthy here. That being said, the part where we might just really need her on our lands is a real concern. Otoh, we'd have been managing without her for a couple of decades, so unless we were carrying out significant expansion it's hard to see what the justification would be.

(really though, if Biyu was that talented I would be looking askance at yrsillar)

Frankly, if the robbery thing is any indication, we can likely lean on Renxiang to get the Sect to give Biyu a leave of absence to help watch the territory while Ling Qis off doing whatever she needs to do.

(really though, if Biyu was that talented I would be looking askance at yrsillar)

I wouldn't mind it that much.

We've already gotten hints that she has some level of Talent in the form of being able to hear an amount of "non-turtle" noises from Zhengui.

Even then, it's far enough in the future it has time for an incredible amount of buildup and a we have no way of knowing what the political reality will be.

Maybe there are no Sects then, because the setting is post-apocalyptic with the Clans Qi and Cai riding around on a Xuan Wu through the Ashen Seas scrounging for VSS.

I would also argue that we don't know enough to know whether or not the Sect's resources would be more valuable than adding her to our Clan Economy.

The Sect's 5RSS a turn were certainly less than our earning potential for most of the OS run, and even now the Site Access and stipend are likely outstriped by what we could earn elsewhere but there are too many intangiabnles and not enough info to know.

Last edited:
I mean, given our heritage, we should be feeling lucky that Biyu has any talent at all. Talent 4 would be cause for celebration. If she also works harder than average we should be jumping for joy.

(what I'm saying is we don't have enough spirituality)
(if you know what I mean)

We should make a kid with Sixiang. But, like, platonically. Coalescing children from mutual artistic expression isn't weird, right? Should be easy as long as you don't care about dumb lame labels like "human" or "socially acceptable".

We should make a kid with Sixiang. But, like, platonically. Coalescing children from mutual artistic expression isn't weird, right? Should be easy as long as you don't care about dumb lame labels like "human" or "socially acceptable".
Wait, that sounds pure and chaste and wholesome.

I bet Ling Qi would be all over that. When she's older anyway.

(that being said, I think that if it was that easy then Shenhua would have made Renxiang like that rather than having to do things the regular way)

Last edited:
Wait, that sounds pure and chaste and wholesome.

I bet Ling Qi would be all over that. When she's older anyway.

(that being said, I think that if it was that easy then Shenhua would have made Renxiang like that rather than having to do things the regular way)
Well, I'm pretty sure she wanted a human heir who would be considered legitimate by the imperial hegemony. If you don't mind ending up with weirdo inhuman in-betweens like Hanyi, then I'd imagine things are easier.

Isn't the creation of an artist and her muse basically just a work of art? Artists and their muses creating life together must happen all the time.

[X] Spend time outside, the land around the Sect was beautiful, and some of it was even mostly tamed. You can easily keep her safe, and it will be good for her to run around more.

The ages line up more or less with what you would expect. I'm not trying pretty hard to not do the math as it involves figuring out the age a young courtesan has her "debut", and I really don't need that info floating around in my memory.

Anyone in our household can teach our little sister to read. None of them can tell her for a walk outside safely.

Back