Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
@fictionfan ,by spitting in the fave of the bandwagon you have inspired me to change my vote.

To a token approval...

[X] Ruan Shen sought her out, seeking musically inclined help for a particularly troublesome elder's challenge he has discovered.

[X] Shen Hu approached you for once. He has found the abandoned lair of an underworld dragon, but is not confident that he can face the scavengers that fill it unopposed.

I don't know so much about the much better options bit.

We essentially have WOG that he was fucked out of Year 1 IS, and the only reason he didn't advance far afterwards was OS opportunities and "oh fuck it, I'll take a nap"

I agree vassalage is unlikely until Viscount, but the crucial "Emerald Seas Nobility" faction is at -2, and every little bit helps.
Inner sect atm with an Elder taking interest in him/Probably core sect far earlier then we can ever give him a good deal. Yeah far better options then we can ever give him.

His friend tricked him his first year and no one advances far in their second year. He lost out on some training true by going full hermit though.

Best case scenario we will be Viscount at 40+, and even then his family are vassals of the Meng(count clan). So... yeah. Recruiting him would take an asspull to be frank.

Not sure if this has been covered before but we as players know exactly what Ling Qi's domain does and who it effects, however how much does Ling Qi know and does she know who it effects?

Although I'll be happy with any of the options bc I want them all, I want...shirtless husbandos...

[X] Ruan Shen sought her out, seeking musically inclined help for a particularly troublesome elder's challenge he has discovered.

Not sure if this has been covered before but we as players know exactly what Ling Qi's domain does and who it effects, however how much does Ling Qi know and does she know who it effects?

With Spring Breeze Canto letting her see how her family sees her? Probably quite a bit.

She can see with spiritual vision that Meizhen sees her as Warm, or at least as a comfortable Chill instead of the Cold of the End.

While it makes sense to vote for Shen Hu in case the option goes away, I'm not enthused by yet another dungeon crawl with a fellow sect disciple.

[X] Hanyi came to her, complaining about being bullied while playing on the mountain. Something about her claim makes you dubious though...

[X] Hanyi came to her, complaining about being bullied while playing on the mountain. Something about her claim makes you dubious though...

Family comes first

[X] Shen Hu approached you for once. He has found the abandoned lair of an underworld dragon, but is not confident that he can face the scavengers that fill it unopposed.

Edit:
[x] Shen Hu approached you for once. He has found the abandoned lair of an underworld dragon, but is not confident that he can face the scavengers that fill it unopposed.

Last edited:
Do
Spring Breeze Canto: D
Duration: Persistent
This ephemeral melody rings out with the vital curiosity of youth, The melody carries the musician's perception among her listeners out to Far Range, allowing her to clearly hear and see any one of them, regardless of distractions, so long as the songs echoes last.While the song lasts the users Social Perception is increased for the purpose of opposing Social Defense Arts. In combat Perception and Hit are increased instead. Once played, the canto lingers as an echo for several minutes with its full effect.
and
Seeking Moon's Eyes: C
Duration: Long
Conjures three reflective silver wisps the size of a coin. Expressions of the Diviner's curiosity, these wisps seek their parents interest eagerly. The wisps ignore wholly physical obstacles but cannot travel further than Close distance from their creator. The creator may see from the wisp's position as if they stood there themselves, though only in one direction at a time. This greatly increases their combat perception in the areas within which this sight overlaps.
stack with each other? Because I have never seen Ling bother to use both at the same time.

I like the idea with the Contrast Keyword and would like to emphasize that Ling Qi is known for doing things no one, not even herself would have expected beforehand. Training Coldstar Blade would, in my eyes, gain tremendous narrative weight by the idea alone that she is able to combine things and ideas which no one thought possible and make her able to view the world from a different light. Being able to look at both sides of the coin, if you want to look at it that way.

That is not even mentioning the obvious. To become a "proper" Noble, it is expected of her to know how to wield "proper" weapons like a sword. Right now she is simply the cultivator with the flute and music. Ling Qi in her path until now primarily damaged her foes through "indirect" means like the frost of winter, sucking the souls of the enemies dry through mist or using a bow. She wasn't directly in the face of the enemy dealing damage physically. Like her touch of frosty death, Ling Qi let the vibrations of her soul deal the damage. That is atleast the image everyone seems to have of Ling Qi.

In conclusion I will say that through cultivating Coldstar Blade Ling Qi will also cultivate a new contrasting image of hers for herself and her enemies/friends. Ling Qi will be COMMONERBORN/NOBLE LADY and not simply be COMMONERBORN. This would allow her new ways to interact with the nobility of Emerald Seas and beyond.
She is after all more than just a Shadow of Cai in a white gown. Ling Qi is a Songseeker with a Home and Roots in the Emerald Seas, willing to walk path of Cultivation in spite of her origins and together with every friend and ally they will at least try to make something beautiful out of it!

I will remain a supporter of Coldstar Blade and think it will become an important part of Ling Qis Art Kit. That's why I posted the Text then and do so now. Therefore.

I would like to open up the discussion about the art Coldstar Blade, how it will help make LIng Qi popular with more than just her friends and just happen to synergize well with her Precious!

thanks for that.

I think Shen Hu can be passed for now. And Music Senpai may be interesting, but Hanyi I think should take priority since this has to be IceMom related.

This update was pretty relaxed and heart warming. It's nice seeing Ling Qi spend time with her family.
It really really was sooo heartwarming. And cute. I'm just imagining little three year old Biyu splashing around in the stream and its making me miss my baby cousins across the pond. So adorable.

I will remain a supporter of Coldstar Blade and think it will become an important part of Ling Qis Art Kit. That's why I posted the Text then and do so now. Therefore.

I would like to open up the discussion about the art Coldstar Blade, how it will help make LIng Qi popular with more than just her friends and just happen to synergize well with her Precious!

We are Cold, yet Warm to our family.
We are Ephemeral, yet Rooted to what we hold dear.
We bring the End, to clear the way for new Beginnings.

Yeah, no room for Contrast in there guys, move along.

@yrsillar you forgot the qi dice.

Also, while I really like the Ruan Shen event, I'd rather wait until we can rank up music.

Back