Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X] Li Suyin: The proper paperwork is done. You can do the expedition any time. Who knows what you might find, deep below the earth.

[X] Li Suyin: The proper paperwork is done. You can do the expedition any time. Who knows what you might find, deep below the earth.

I am always going to vote for this option because I want more info for my crazy theories about the gnawing ones.

[X] Xuan Shi: For once, the odd boy has called in your offered favor. He wishes for your aid in penetrating the interior of an odd little temple full of traps and puzzles.

It's been a while since we stealthed, and I want to stop Cai from getting ideas about us being a social stealther

[X] Xuan Shi: For once, the odd boy has called in your offered favor. He wishes for your aid in penetrating the interior of an odd little temple full of traps and puzzles.

It's been a while since we stealthed, and I want to stop Cai from getting ideas about us being a social stealther
So to do this you vote for a social stealth action?o_O
Also, Cai isn't in on this, how would it effect her?

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by naths on Feb 4, 2019 at 4:21 PM, finished with 132 posts and 92 votes.

I'd feel a lot better about doing Li's Quest if we had CWY equipped. An anti-ambush and pull seems like it would be pretty needed if we're going exploring with a weaker friend.
I would not be sure that he is weaker. He has all sorts of tricks in his pocket.

We might not have the art I wanted before starting it but the alternative is breaking a promise, ignoring a friend in need of help, and spending time with the human equivalent of watching paint dry.

BOY! WE WANT FLOWERS! A POEM! SOMETHING!​

We do this now and then it's done.
We will be more capable of helping Li Suyin in month, and we can trust mom to handle the household, we can go meet people later.

We might not have the art I wanted before starting it but the alternative is breaking a promise, ignoring a friend in need of help, and spending time with the human equivalent of watching paint dry.
No the "alternative" is repaying someone who has assisted us multiple times despite never getting anything out of it.

We've mooched off Xuan Shi's good will in the past so it's high time we started repaying him for his help instead of ignoring him for yet more Suyin stuff.

We will be more capable of helping Li Suyin in month, and we can trust mom to handle the household, we can go meet people later.
  1. We will *always* be more capable of helping Suyin "later". That is hardly a reason to leave her hanging (to say nothing of the question of how Suyin getting stuff now is more useful to her than getting stuff later)
  2. Obviously our mother is managing the household. There are, however, certain things that only we can do now, such as dealing with political concerns and helping encourage personal gratitude. Meeting them now presents a very different impression than putting it off, as well as having different character implications.
No the "alternative" is repaying someone who has assisted us multiple times despite never getting anything out of it.

We've mooched off Xuan Shi's good will in the past so it's high time we started repaying him for his help instead of ignoring him for yet more Suyin stuff.
He hasn't asked us for anything yet.

[x] Xuan Shi: For once, the odd boy has called in your offered favor. He wishes for your aid in penetrating the interior of an odd little temple full of traps and puzzles.

Obligations before boy-chasing.

I'd much rather have our Xuan Wu tank-bro for the underground spelunking, than an Indiana Jones temple of puzzles and traps.

I don't want to potentially tangle with some big nasty while one of our party is still cultivating, and the only one around is a back-line support... and maybe Su Ling. I don't remember if she's coming along or not.

A favor left hanging is a dangeous thing. As usual, i want to do all the choices.

I'm going to point something out. This is incredibly similar to trends that happened back in outer sect. Arguments that some people take priority and should be done now, so others get pushed back for unspecified 'later times' that never come. It's why we stopped associating with Han Jian and Xuan Shi and barely associated with Gan Guangli and Gu Xiulan's cousin.

Those arguing for Li Suyin have some water, in that Li Suyin isn't going to advance on the particular bond prompt without us taking that action, but the same is true for Xuan Shi. Whatever the favor is, it's something he interested in advancing on, and wont do so until we take that prompt. Sure he has other fields to progress with as well, but so does Li Suyin (cough cough finally advancing to green cough cough). Li Suyin isn't dependent on us, and while descending into the pit is something Ling Qi can help her with, I do not see why we should consider it anymore time sensitive than repaying Xuan Shi's favor.

Back