Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
They still take action points though right? So we would need to do them instead of something else. This turn is great for a huge power spike because everything lined up so nicely but I would like to start helping our friends soon.
I don't think the one social action does take ap, the one we did last month was in addition to our explore ap.

They still take action points though right? So we would need to do them instead of something else. This turn is great for a huge power spike because everything lined up so nicely but I would like to start helping our friends soon.
Nope, social actions don't take up action points. The social system and the training system are completely divested from each other.

edit: here's the relevant section.

There is also a second part to the vote. Events in the initial turn were fixed, allowing Ling Qi to settle in. You will now have the option to vote for one or more social actions per turn. HOWEVER, please note that these are votes to advance a Bond only. Ling Qi has grown enough to maintain her social circle without constant supervision. Vote for the character or characters whom you would like to see have more screentime. If anything truly problematic occurs, it will come up as an unavoidable section. This vote should also be separate from the plan vote above, do not include it. For now, please only vote for one.
Presumably the vote will come later or is already predetermined.

Last edited:
e should have another skills plan for SES plans, since Resolve is a keyword for SES and it's used for spiritual armor and resists. We also don't need as much War, as it's not a keyword being trained without EANP, and we can also steal a dice from Fade and Fortitude as they aren't being trained this turn in either plan
Mmm, otoh base cultivation also trains resolve so we're never really going to lack there. And even if we got EANP that would only be two turns of War. Presumably we'll have a number of turns where we train was without arts (though I guess we don't know what the Sect exercises will do).

Also speech :(

Mmm, otoh base cultivation also trains resolve so we're never really going to lack there. And even if we got EANP that would only be two turns of War. Presumably we'll have a number of turns where we train was without arts (though I guess we don't know what the Sect exercises will do).

Also speech :(
I...don't think base cultivation has keywords any more? Otherwise attributes are basically always at a +1, which, ok, that could be true, but we shouldn't just assume it.

The social action is basically the "story quest" or CYOA section of the quest. The previous thread had the social actions and cultivation actions kind of mushed together, but they are now separate.

[ ] Proto Plan Epsilon
-[ ] 8 GSS, 8 YSS, Buy (But do not use) Melodic Elixir and buy (and use) Unwavering Discipline Pill (90 Sect Points total)
-[ ] EPC x4
-[ ] Exploration via New Moon Map x2
-[ ] Physical Cultivation x4
-[ ] Ephemeral Night's Memory x4
-[ ] Audacious Fairy's Lark x4
-[ ] Take Sect Jobs x2

INTENT:

Get most of our stealth package lined up for when we need it, and lining up everything just so for a full ham month next month. Lark + ENM is a heck of a combo in itself.

This isn't a heavily storyboarded plan, hence the proto prefix. It's mostly just to provide a dissenting voice from the "Go max music turn right now" thing. Get us up to Bronze Appraisal, get what we need to a stealth package together, and get one more pile of exploration in before we go all in on
MNO would be far better than Lark here if we were doing something like this.

I'd like to do some exploring to be perfectly honest, even at risk of not pulling a 'Perfect' turn off.

Completely agree. In fact exploring can give us much needed additional Skill and Attribute points, we have a strict limit on these with our cultivation after all, so every bonus appreciated.

[X] Drugged-Fueled Musical Battle Royale

[X] Battle Royale Skills

I'm not the biggest fan of SES and I like summons (just not the squirmy kind) :V

Just want to note, month four we have to do at least one sect job as we promised we would tutor the snake maid. So doing a full art month is probably a better choice than it would normally be as we have more available ap to do it.

I am very interested in the idea of someone challenging us next month. Our build will be much more solid very soon. This is the month to strike for anyone interested in taking us down.

I am very interested in the idea of someone challenging us next month. Our build will be much more solid very soon. This is the month to strike for anyone interested in taking us down.
Yeah, I was thinking about how nobody challenged us this past month. It would be interesting to see if anyone challenges us this month and for what reasons, and what options we have to choose from (unless it is automated to speed things up).

And no matter what vote we choose from the current plans, we are going to be getting a massive spike in combat power. And possibly social capability depending on if we advance HDW and what that brings us.

All in all, this upcoming month is sure going to be great for the potential it offers Ling Qi!

Well long time lurker but fuck it, I got something to say.

We fucked up. We shouldn't have joined Cai Renxiang. When the Elders said "there's no place in the Light for shadows" I just figured we had time to get Cai used to bending the rules. I failed to take into account how deep her purpose is already ingrained in her, and cultivating will only serve to strengthen the purity of that purpose.

Following Bai would've been a terrible idea as well, it needs too much intrigue and that isn't our build. We honestly should've joined the Sect instead or Demonic Sun Lady (forgot her name).

Honestly, I'd start advocating looking into leaving her service just because... "I'm with you because I don't want people to just be slaughtered" is something that isn't hard to come across and anyone else would provide. There's been a misunderstanding, and I genuinely don't believe in continuing service under Cai. We're becoming more of a musician than a spy now sure, but... I dunno, I just don't see it working out.

Well long time lurker but fuck it, I got something to say.

We fucked up. We shouldn't have joined Cai Renxiang. When the Elders said "there's no place in the Light for shadows" I just figured we had time to get Cai used to bending the rules. I failed to take into account how deep her purpose is already ingrained in her, and cultivating will only serve to strengthen the purity of that purpose.

Following Bai would've been a terrible idea as well, it needs too much intrigue and that isn't our build. We honestly should've joined the Sect instead or Demonic Sun Lady (forgot her name).

Honestly, I'd start advocating looking into leaving her service just because... "I'm with you because I don't want people to just be slaughtered" is something that isn't hard to come across and anyone else would provide. There's been a misunderstanding, and I genuinely don't believe in continuing service under Cai. We're becoming more of a musician than a spy now sure, but... I dunno, I just don't see it working out.
So did you just ignore all of Yrs's clarifications, or what?

Also we knew this was how Cai was?

We voted for her knowing we'd have to be an upstanding citizen. This is not a surprise.

The people arguing that she was actually dodgy and underhanded were arguing against her.

So did you just ignore all of Yrs's clarifications, or what?
I have not but ignored them I'm just saying this "Hard Light" Way she's taking is too close too "I will forcibly make you fucks good" for my taste. Like, I never really liked Cai but it was whatever, I just enjoy other characters better as a preference but I've just recently realized I don't really like her because unless she's broken down and built back up as someone not hellbent on fucking efficiency of all things, she's gonna push too hard.

I get that she has people to keep her in check, but I also don't expect it to work down the line anymore.
Also we knew this was how Cai was?

We voted for her knowing we'd have to be an upstanding citizen. This is not a surprise.

The people arguing that she was actually dodgy and underhanded were arguing against her.
There's a difference between "I'm a good person" and "I will fucking make sure you guys are good citizens". She's disgusted by the filth she saw, which, yeah I get, but I also think the Way she's going down is wrong.

I have not but ignored them I'm just saying this "Hard Light" Way she's taking is too close too "I will forcibly make you fucks good" for my taste. Like, I never really liked Cai but it was whatever, I just enjoy other characters better as a preference but I've just recently realized I don't really like her because unless she's broken down and built back up as someone not hellbent on fucking efficiency of all things, she's gonna push too hard.

I get that she has people to keep her in check, but I also don't expect it to work down the line anymore.

There's a difference between "I'm a good person" and "I will fucking make sure you guys are good citizens". She's disgusted by the filth she saw, which, yeah I get, but I also think the Way she's going down is wrong.
None of this is news. We always knew that Cai route was 'make people happy through order,' not 'corrupt the Cai.'

Yes, of course it's not news. That's not the point. But for the moment, the issue regarding Cai ought to left alone for now, though I do understand your point of view @BurningIce53

I myself have several doubts, but I ain't gonna voice'em till there's more solid evidence of them.

I'd love for you to try and explain how her end goal of the betterment of everyone under her rule with no exceptions is wrong and horrible.

Positive egalitarianism isn't a bad thing.

Back