Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Formation has the significant advantage of needing very little cultivation time with the new system. So long this trigger that is :
Formations aren't arts, and don't get bonus from that?
It sounds like we're down to plans that are mostly the same, just with a couple key sticking points.

Could we replace Sect Jobs with Sect Duties in the Blend plan so that people get their Formations stuff?
We'd be loosing our Stealth training there, but we could divert some of EPC's points to Stealth to make up for it.
Both Sect Jobs and Sect duties can give formation. The reason Plan Will It Blend has stealth in the sect jobs is because it gives bonus cultivation successes:
-When passing stealth and larceny challenges during adventure mode the user receives bonus successes equal to 5x the letter rank of the challenges passed to spiritual or physical cultivation, or Moon or Yin aligned arts, as selected at turn start. Bonus successes cap at 90.
We don't know if training stealth with an art would do that (unlikely), but for a mission it would.

Changelog and Retconnian
Okay, fixed up some front page stuff. Added threadmarks to the posts and fixed the tutorials to include how qi and domain growth work. Also fixed some wonkiness in the ranking description.

Fixed the formations tab in the character sheet as well. Added the stats for Zhengui and Sixiang and did up the relationships tab.

Now there is one additional announcement to make. there have been TWO outright retcons to previous canon, which will be acknowledged in the rewrite.

1. Sun Liling is Sun Shao's Great Grandaughter, rather than Grandaughter
2. The age at which you receive an automatic ennoblement at realm 3 has been reduced to 17 for verisimilitude purposes
3. There is no comb

Last edited:
Practically, I don't think this changes too much. Do we know what the inheritance line after Liling for the Sun looks like?

@yrsillar what's our personal relationship with Sixiang? It's not listed in relationships.

Last edited:
@yrsillar I guess there won't be anywhere in the charsheet where we know the sites we have access to, or other ressources?

Makes sense, Green by 20 seemed too easy even for ordinary talents, but green by 17 is a legitimately impressive feat.

Not sure why this was changed. Are too many people reaching 3rd realm before 20?

It's more that even a Talent 3 scrub with some dedication could probably pull Green by 20, and the whole intent of the Automatic Ennoblement Clause is to get talented commoners to buy into the system.

Now, it's that Talent 4 can do it if they've got good work ethic (But otherwise, it's not a sure thing), but it's basically out of reach for Talent 3, which is the System As Intended I suspect.

And it fits the Argent Peak's standards for actual Disciples rather than employees, that their minimum standard is "Will achieve Third Realm by 17". Inner Sect caliber is a cut above that too.

Last edited:
Sites you have access too will be introduced as they come. Right now all you have is the vent.
Ah, I thought we'd keep access to sites that weren't in outer sect, OK.

No but training formations before costed a full action with nothing else to gain from it.

Now we can train formations and arts at the same times because we can get success from a mission.
We need that mission to be either exploration or stealth for that to be the case, and formation ones won't do that. We already were able to do formation missions before, too.

Ah, I thought we'd keep access to sites that weren't in outer sect, OK.

We need that mission to be either exploration or stealth for that to be the case, and formation ones won't do that. We already were able to do formation missions before, too.

You might get some back. Give it some time

@yrsillar, is the next thing your aiming to get done the first update or the sect shop/mission board stuff?

Sect shop stuff will be added during the first arc. I'm already throwing a massive glob of info out right at the opening here as it is.

You might get some back. Give it some time

Sect shop stuff will be added during the first arc. I'm already throwing a massive glob of info out right at the opening here as it is.

Honestly Yrs, with all the plans already going around, I'd suspect you had a salt kink if you introduced an entire new vote/plan dynamic this late. You not introducing it this update is a good thing for the quest, if not our optimisation.

Eight Phase Ceremony (EPC) (4) = 404 * 1.2. Expected result: ~310/500xp. ~0.71 turns remaining to level
Sable Crescent Step (SCS) (4) = 404 * 1.25. Expected result: ~320/500xp. ~0.65 turns remaining to level
Is everything added to the multiplication stuff? It seems like stuff is missing.

1.1 Multiplier to arts with the Motion Keyword
+ .2 Multiplier to Music, Moon Art cultivation

The temporary bonus and the bonus from our Spirit Beasts respectively. Which means that if they are added together means that

EPC has 1.4 multiplication bonus.
SCS has 1.55 multiplication bonus.

Last edited:

I don't remember us getting the possibility of doing formation mission after we got the hidden moon bonus. I might be wrong tho.

Is everything added to the multiplication stuff? It seems like stuff is missing.

The temporary bonus and the bonus from our Spirit Beasts respectively. Which means that if they are added together means that

EPC has 1.4 multiplication bonus.
SCS has 1.55 multiplication bonus.
Yeah, Erebeal's Planner has been modified since then. A lot of things were not up to date, and the spirit beast bonus were changed since the post you quoted.

[X]Plan Will it Blend?

Finally got around making an account, huh.

Btw, I am curious. I might've missed/forgotten an explanation, but as a retainer of the Cai, do we have any other obligations besides the intersect tournament/Ranking 5 place below our Lady/Not embarrassing the Cai name?

Back