Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Yeah I can see some allowing kids to watch, but even if they could describe the arts I don't think they could perceive all the moves. Like when the sister blocks at the last second, pretty sure all a mortal would see is the baron suddenly teleporting to the sister who is simply blocking the attack, they couldn't perceive anything between.

Now the arts themselves, I imagine they would either be just flashes of light or more obvious effects as described.

I think back to the LQ vs Liling fight; the melee portion was described akin to a chainsaw sound iirc, so dozens attacks a second, a mortal would only see blues where their limbs are. Similarly when actually moving as opposed to standing still the combatants would be blurs. That was just green 1 and 2.

Really at this point I'm pretty much picturing Fate servants for early green.

The arts on the other hand, our mists, songs, TRF glows, phantasmagoria etc, those are prob what a mortal would focus on.
Welp I guess I'll keep that in mind for the future. Already posted it now though. I would go back and edit it but I'm trying to resist my tendency to be a perfectionist :p

Welp I guess I'll keep that in mind for the future. Already posted it now though. I would go back and edit it but I'm trying to resist my tendency to be a perfectionist :p
Oh yeah don't need to bother with that, hell for all we know this was specifically slowed down with only arts used strenuously in the interest of making it comprehensible to children, the sister didn't seem to really be fighting so much as throwing attacks after all.

I just like to remember how bullshit we are really :p

Oh yeah don't need to bother with that, hell for all we know this was specifically slowed down with only arts used strenuously in the interest of making it comprehensible to children, the sister didn't seem to really be fighting so much as throwing attacks after all.

I just like to remember how bullshit we are really :p
Ah good point! It was "specifically slowed down with only arts used strenuously in the interest of making it comprehensible to children." That's my excuse. She was acting as a teacher at that point so...ya know. 😅

I think people are getting a little too caught up in the material when it comes to the Husbando question.

There is only one (1) essential quality that a Husbando must fulfill when we choose them.

Their Way must be compatible with ours.

[insert stuff here]
Okay. That's true. A fundamental incompatability of Way would be a *problem*. Given how closely we are tied to the Cai, we pretty much need to make sure that there's not a fundamental incompatability with her, either. At the same time, we're still forming our Ways, and we can form them in coordination with another, to a degree. So... let's see what we have. In particular, the important thing to check is what would make things specifically not work.

- We'd want to avoid anyone whose Way made them personally repellent to us. Thankfully, that would also make *them* personally repellent to us. Thankfully, we aren't in a position where we have to seriously consider anyone like that. The converse issue (that *our* Way not make us repellent to *them*) is also important and takes care of itself in a similar fashion.

- The Cai thing is fundamentally all about Just Rule. Anyone who has a Way that will clash with the idea of CRX being in charge, with the idea of having a higher authority in general, or with the idea that rule ought to be just is not going to work out well.

- The core of our Way is about creating a Home, and a Family within it. We need someone who can be a harmonious part of such a group. That means, essentially, being able to get along with our allies.

- Our way drives us to strive, and to see stillness as stagnation and death. We're going to need someone who can respect our need for that, and, preferably, someone who is themselves driving forward in some way, and constantly seeking to improve themselves in some way.

- We will not retreat past a certain point. If you push us to our limit, we will fight to the bitter end. This, too, is something that our husband is going to have to respect

- Sincerity is important to us, and having our family and guests is likewise important. We are fundamentally incapable of considering an insincere guest "worthy". If we are insincere, we fundamentally must consider *ourselves* unworthy, lest we break our Way. Our husband must be sincere with us, and he must be willing to accept our sincerity in return.

- We've got something of a "rise from the ashes" thing going on, with endings leading to new beginnings. If there's someone out there with a Way that is all about grieving the lost glories, or about the idea that if perfection is in any way marred, then all is lost, we probably wouldn't get along particularly well with them.

Of those... there might actually be some long-term issues with the whole "stillness is stagnation and death" thing. His Way seems... a lot more mellow than ours, in some way, and that's a bit of a clash, perhaps. The sincerity thing is the bit most likely to generate deal-breakers, but I don't think that actually applies to anyone we're currently looking at. The next most likely issue is the bit where we really wouldn't react well to anyone trying to push us too far, or change us in certain ways... but I suspect that the voting public would rally with searing intensity against any floated prospects who looked likely to run afoul of those bits. The last bit that might be an issue is the need to get along with our allies (particularly CRX). Again, it doesn't look like an issue with the options we're currently looking at.

Everything I've seen suggests that Bao Qian would fit into our Way just fine. He knows which side his political bread is buttered on wrt CRX, and he has the social skills and political savvy necessary to appreciate and get along with our friends and allies pretty much regardless of how much he personally enjoys their company. Likewise, he's aware enough to realize that trying to cage us would go badly, and is capable of enjoying and appreciating what we are, so that's not an issue. He has his own positive ambitions, and they're key enough to him that they're pretty clearly going to form part of his Way. I feel like for our Ways looking at each other, his would say "A Home is a useful resource to have, if you've built it yourself." Ours would say "Resources are useful for building a Home." Something like that, anyway. Similarly with Sincerity... the level of Sincerity that we call for is somewhat alien to him, but he is working to adapt, and is doing pretty well at it. Won't be an issue.

I suppose... he'd also have to be able to get along with and be at least somewhat respectful of our mother and mortal family. We'll want to check that at some point. At the same time, I trust the Bao to know the situation well enough, and to have chosen well enough, that that wont' be an issue.

These are all very good points for when LQ is actually considering marriage in the near future. When that time actually comes, I think we should remember those points because it will all be very relevant. But right now I don't know if there's any point in discussing marriage, when LQ has her own psychological issues to deal with. She can try out non-serious dating at a slow, easy pace. Life-changing choices like marriage is a long way down the road.

Yes, he'd excellent be an excellent business partner! And that way we can slowly develop a friendship. :D
I approve of your short-term plan here. I'd assert, though, that choices like marriage are not *necessarily* a long way down the road. When we picked CRX, one of our options was a marriage offer. Regardless, I'll agree that Ling Qi is not yet ready for it, and we'd be better off to give her time to gentle into the possibility. At the same time, as the voices in her head, it behooves *us* to think of the possibilities now. If he's lousy husband material, then that leads to certain adjustments in planning, and associated tweaks in behavior. If he's near-optimal husband material, then that leads to other adjustments in planning, and rather different tweaks in behavior. (Personally, I'm not yet willing to declare outright that he's near-optimal, but I'm allowing as how it's a distinct possibility.) If nothing else, there are things we can do to adjust the rate at which other husband possibilities get thrown at us, and/or the number of them we meet along the way through our own actions.

With all this talk about Ways and ambition I think we've forgotten Liao Zhu. Our Bloody Boy is the only one we know of that has ambitions that match the level and goal of Ling Qi, hers being to reach the heights of Bai Suzhen and Cai Shenhua to escape the savagery of the world and make it a less savage world for others, while his is making a less savage world through changing the Bloody Moon and reaching great heights as a necessity for that goal. His family are close to the Cai and probably well connected to other Cai loyalists, his abs are to die for, his Way and Arts are so similar to ours that there must be some benefit we could gain, he's kind and sincere when he's not trying to be mysterious and most of all he's one I can imagine Ling Qi genuinely falling for.

There was no hurry in her search either, so when Ling Qi took to the air, she flew at a lazy pace, rising up past the tree tops with the hems of her gown gently fluttering in the wind. Soaring up into the sky, she took a moment to enjoy the feeling of the wind on her face, and the sound of Hanyi's joyous laughter in her ears. The young spirit was light on her shoulders, a far cry from the immense weight she had carried the last time they had done this.
Hanyi became lighter after her developmental insight huh?
Sounds like her legs are coming back online.
"So what do you think of that Bao guy Big Sis," Hanyi chirped. "He seems kinda boring to me, but I think he likes you!"

"I would doubt the Bao clan's competence if they sent someone who couldn't give that impression," Ling Qi replied dryly as they flew lazily over a babbling brook, the faintest hints of gravel and a regular path marked some remnant of civilization, and so Ling Qi shifted her course, following its direction.

"Ugh, you're no fun sometimes," Hanyi complained. "And you better not spin me again cause I said that!"

Ling Qi hid her smile behind her sleeve, innocently pretending that she hadn't considered doing just that. "Why so interested anyway. Usually I have to fight to get you to pay other people any mind."

"Hmph, I'm trying to follow your advice you know," Hanyi huffed, tightly gripping Ling Qi's shoulders as she banked sharply in the air to follow the curve of the old road. "...I guess I'm worried about you Big Sis."

Ling Qi glanced back over her shoulder with a raised eyebrow. "What are you talking about? I'm doing fine."

Hanyi pouted back at her and looked away. "Big Sis takes care of me when I get sad or worried or whatever, so I was just thought that you needed someone who could do the same for her."

"Hmm, maybe I don't give the squirt enough credit," Sixiang mused.
Hanyi's concern has a point. Ling Qi tends to go The Only Way Out Is Through, then bash on through alone. She's not good at seeking help.

'Hush,' Ling Qi thought back at Sixiang. "I can handle myself Hanyi," she said aloud. "That's not something you need to worry about. Besides, why would you latch on too a stranger for that."

"Well, he wants to marry you right?" Hanyi asked innocently. "He just can't say so cause of weird human things. Husbands and wives are supposed to take care of each other and make each other happy right?"

There was so much wrong with Hanyi's words that Ling Qi wasn't even sure where to start. It made her wonder just what things had been like in Zeqing's household, given what she had seen of her mentors 'husband'. It wasn't like she was going to bring that up to Hanyi though.

Sixiang made a sound like a person sucking in air through their teeth in her thoughts. "Yeah, that's prolly not an explosive you wanna poke."
That's a nuclear fusion mine I hope never to poke, but narrative imperative says will inevitably BE poked when Hanyi reexamines her memories and realizes what Zeqing said was happening isn't what is happening.

Possibly when Zeqing reforms.
"...I appreciate it Hanyi, but things don't actually work quite like that," Ling Qi finally said. "Bao Qian is just here to work out some business. Anything else is a consideration for a long time in the future."

"If you say so," Hanyi replied dubiously. "Big Sis is weird sometimes," she muttered under her breath.
Only sometimes? :p
Across a sprawling section of the forest, she found herself looking down at a badly overgrown grid of what could only have been streets. The paving stones were long gone, but she could sense the lingering qi of the builders in the dirt, suppressing the growth of plants through the packed dirt. Dotted all through the streets were deep and regular holes, the partially collapsed remains of cellars and such she assumed. Yet there were no other ruins, a deep trench ran around the site, and its nature was only made clear by a handful of foundation stones for the settlements wall she saw scattered about. There was no other wreckage to be seen.

"Well I guess this must have been the main settlement," it was certainly big enough. "Did all the materials get carted off though? The sect did that, why did we have to search?"

"OH, I know this one!" Hanyi announced excitedly. "Momma told me a story once, that when the big storm came north, it was so big and so strong that it sucked all the trees and little houses and walls and people right up into the sky, and it rained rocks and wood and frozen bits for a week after!"

Memories bubbled up, and she recalled Elder Jiao's trial last year. She remembered ushering people away from a besieged city and the sight of a vast wind funnel descending upon the settlement. That put Hanyi's story in context.
Herding a tornado spirit? That shit is devastating, and since the nomads have no fixed assets to defend they just need to herd it on site, start fighting, and let it do whatever it wants while they loot everything they want, and the locals have to choose between stopping the nomads or having any survivors when they're done.

Also it feels a lot like this isn't the settlement site, but rather where the wholesale sucked out of the ground settlement fell when it exited. Structural integrity formations might have provided enough damage resistance to keep it in the right shape, but not to keep it in the right place because who the heck would design a building to resist being moved?
Morbidly curious, Ling Qi banked in the air, flying over the ruined site, it was possible she would find another road going out to the quarry they were looking for.

There was little to find however, only the lingering work of the old settlements roadbuilders on the earth had kept the site recognizable as anything but an oddly pitted field. There was nothing here, and nothing to find, the paths leaving the settlement swiftly faded beyond even her ability to perceive. Having searched it thoroughly, Ling Qi rose back to a higher altitude and began to fly back. She figured that she may as well report what she had found.
That REALLY sounds like this wasn't where the settlement started out.
Zhengui off to one side, feasting on a fallen log.
Zhengui's opinion on the SCS Insight: "Always be eatin"
Wonder if it was any good or if he just wanted something to chew on.

"Big Sister!" Zhen greeted as he spotted her descent, drawing everyone's attention. "I, Zhen have succeeded in our task!"

"I did all the work," Gui grumbled, through a mouthful of bark and softwood. "But kind, humble Gui will let bragging Zhen take credit."

"Is that so," Ling Qi said curiously as she descended to his level. It looked like her own search had been unnecessary. "Good job little brother, how did you do it?"

"I, Zhen was able to perceive the big holes that were dug by the gaps in the roots," Zhen said proudly.

He is Useful!
"The jewel man and his fuzzball were able to search the quarry out with Zhen's instruction."

Ling Qi rested a hand on the giant serpent's smoking scales with a sigh. "...Please refer to people properly Zhengui. Still, I am proud of you."
You know, I wonder sometime...does Zhengui have bad eyesight?
He tends to describe people(except close friends) with Domain descriptors, Bloodline descriptors, smell, etc. For instance, Xuan Shi is Fish Man(and we suspect he has fishman heritage), and Bao here is Jewel Man(and he just told us that his ancestor had a spirit of jewels, hence the name Bao, Treasure, or half of Jewel(which is Bao Shi - Treasure Stone))

Neither turtles nor snakes are known for keen eyesight, though snakes have a good gauge of distances and shapes, and turtles are good at tracking motion.
Might explain why he talks about people with descriptors, unless he spends a lot of time around them he simply can't tell one "jewel man" from another.
She passed the rest of time chatting with Li Suyin and her… friend. Teasing Suyin about her physical cultivation was fun, but the girl was working hard to prepare herself for that breakthrough as well, stockpiling medicines and getting projects into stable states. Du Feng's eagerness to ingratiate himself to her put her off a bit, but she found the boy sincere, if kinda foppish. It helped that Sixiang agreed with her assessment. She wished him luck on his own breakthroughs in the coming months regardless. She deflected Li Suyin's own questions of concern regarding her workload. She was still doing fine and advancing acceptably.
Both of them are Partial Green huh? I suppose crafters have it as a low priority, and the time dependent actions on some craft projects(remember that sword being slowly dripped on?) makes cultivation sprints very difficult.

In fact they're best off cultivating without any drugs or more than the minimal stones most weeks, given how much time is used to research formations and craft stuff. Then sink it all into an epic sprint once they can wrap up the last load of projects.
Soon enough though Bao Qian returned from his task looking pleased. It seemed that the jade quarry was in a recoverable state after all.
So...what makes the quarry recoverable vs not? Seed minerals to regrow from?
The young man regarded her thoughtfully, his arms crossed loosely over his broad chest. "I would not necessarily call it such. However, I am told that you appreciate a certain degree of bluntness, so perhaps I should just state my thoughts."

Ling Qi's eyebrows rose. "...If that is what you wish," she replied noncommittally.

He let out an amused chuckle. "I find you difficult to approach. At times you seem terribly skittish, and at other times quite confrontational. It is a bit confusing," he admitted frankly.

"Is that so," Ling Qi replied, keeping her expression blank.
Thats because she's wearing a mask labeled Cold Aloof and Confident Bai Princess/Ice Maiden on top of the reality of her insecure, caring and snarky self. Most people choose masks which are at least closer to their base state.
"I won't ask you not to take insult," he chuckled. "My, this is an interesting sort of challenge."

"I am glad I can entertain you," Ling Qi replied blandly.

"Hm, yes. I think I like this you considerably more," Bao Qian offered a brief, low bow.
And theres the snark. Its well liked.
"For the reasons I have stated. There is opportunity in the south, opportunity in you," he replied without a hint of shame. "We Bao have a nose for investments. I think you are a good ally and contact to make. You in turn, need to expand your connections among the Emerald Seas, and there are few better than the Bao for that. Even those crotchety swamp hermits out west grudgingly deal with us."
@yrsillar
Crotchety swamp hermits being the Emerald Seas guys or the eastern Bai?
It could apply to both...
"You're not wrong," Ling Qi admitted, giving him an assessing look. "So the marriage pursuit is just a cover?"

"Not at all. You are lovely, talented and ambitious. You are a musician of unmatched skill for your age as well as a fierce and canny duelist. Let the old birds at court cluck their tongues about your origins, I am pleased by what I see."

Ling Qi stared, her thoughts briefly grinding too a halt, only a sharp prod from Sixiang got her mind moving again.
Ling Qi.exe has shut down and needs to reboot.
She's really easily flustered by sincere praise.

And damn, when he said he was going to be blunt he went at it like a sledgehammer
"...And if I cannot say the same of you?"

He laughed. "Then I would hope that you will look into my history as I have yours in the future, and pay a mind to my accomplishments in the coming years."
Confident huh?

"You are awfully confident," Ling Qi replied dryly.

"I am a Bao, it is in the blood,"
...thats a horrible pun @yrsillar and I approve.

He just told Ling Qi hes a "Bao". He shamelessly claimed to be a treasure.
...also if he marries into the Ling clan that will make him Ling Qian(i.e. Pocket Change/Coins)
"But all this aside. I do hope we can work together for our mutual prosperity in the future. Even with the support of the Cai, raising a new house is difficult."

"And that is what I do not understand," Ling Qi replied in frustration. "Many sons or no, you are the scion of a count clan, why put yourself in such a difficult position?"

"Bah, what good is inheritance alone?" He dismissed. "Let my brothers and sisters squabble over my father and mothers great works. I have the blood in my veins and the arts of our archives, my advantages are already vast, I neither want or need anything else. I will make my own fortune and my own great works."

Ling Qi met and held his gaze, searching for sincerity in his eyes. It was such a weird mindset that she had trouble grasping it. "...Alright, I'll believe that," Ling Qi said after a moment. "If you just want to work together, that is fine." She could think about the rest at a later date.
As someone who has no resources from a young age the idea of not wanting more advantages is nearly incomprehensible to her.
But this is a good point!
Anyone from a higher than Baronial clan marrying into the Ling has to be able to withstand a sharp drop in resource availability as a matter of course.
A lifestyle which they might take for granted might just plain not be available.

Overall I dare say the Bao elders have done a good job matching supply to demand.
Bao Qian would normally be a pain in the ass to marry off for them because of his interests and ambitions, he wouldn't make a good internal ladder climber either.
But Ling Qi is just his type too, and his LACK of initial interest is a boon.

...I wonder if they applied an art for finding good deals to this.

You know, I wonder sometime...does Zhengui have bad eyesight?
He tends to describe people(except close friends) with Domain descriptors, Bloodline descriptors, smell, etc. For instance, Xuan Shi is Fish Man(and we suspect he has fishman heritage), and Bao here is Jewel Man(and he just told us that his ancestor had a spirit of jewels, hence the name Bao, Treasure, or half of Jewel(which is Bao Shi - Treasure Stone))

Neither turtles nor snakes are known for keen eyesight, though snakes have a good gauge of distances and shapes, and turtles are good at tracking motion.
Might explain why he talks about people with descriptors, unless he spends a lot of time around them he simply can't tell one "jewel man" from another.
This been a thing since Heijin and Cui really and not just with Zhengui. Spirit beast seems to like calling people by things like "Cold One", "Songstress" (LQ), Burning Ones (Gu) with Heijin and Mouse and Viper with Cui. Seems to change as they get closer to people tho.

This been a thing since Heijin and Cui really and not just with Zhengui. Spirit beast seems to like calling people by things like "Cold One", "Songstress" (LQ), Burning Ones (Gu) with Heijin and Mouse and Viper with Cui. Seems to change as they get closer to people tho.

Well, I seem to recall that Zeqings true name was a list of titles along those lines.
I suspect spirits are all like that, so some extent.

When people marry into a family, they don't necessarily change their surname. If it were adoption though, then that would be the default.

So pocket change isn't very likely to happen, unfortunately.

Last edited:
I think the issue is less Zhengui having bad eyesight (he might have), but his other senses being so much more important and accurate.
We describe people through visual cues, because sight is such an important sense to us to understand the world.
Spirit being like Zhengui has so many more senses available, that visuals might just not register.

I think the issue is less Zhengui having bad eyesight (he might have), but his other senses being so much more important and accurate.
We describe people through visual cues, because sight is such an important sense to us to understand the world.
Spirit being like Zhengui has so many more senses available, that visuals might just not register.
I suspect names as we use are also not that important for spirits, Zhengui is always saying 'I Zhen' and 'I Gui' as if he is not sure others will remember, for him the name is important because mom big sister gave it to him but I wonder if names not tied to nature/titles are hard to remember if there is little personal connection, spirits probably choose names tied to the symbolism needed, but humans... kind of don't.

When people marry into a family, they don't necessarily change their surname. If it were adoption though, then that would be the default.

So pocket change isn't very likely to happen, unfortunately.

It wasn't the case for Gu Xiulan's mother, Ai Xiaoli.

Regarding the spirit naming thing: Spirits are their domains. It makes sense that spirits and spirit beasts would primarily think of people based on the attributes of their cultivation: domains and Ways when cultivators build them, and meridians and arts before then.

Bao Qian is someone that is ideal for getting socially acclimated, a bit more trusting, and a bit more econ conscious. We should interact with him more, because as has already been stated not only is he a very good candidate for Bao to send to us but he's sort of a hard candidate for the Bao to find good marriages for. Ambitious, but in a separate from inheritance way. Youthful, but in a way that acknowledges that youth and defers romance and/or marriage for later and not in a way that gives in to passions. Potent, but in a slow and non-flashy way that isn't immediately attractive. Calculating, but in a way that values sincerity and adhering to his own way even if a more obscured hand could net more profits for the family.

the biggest boon in my opinion that can be gained from Bao Qian is the ability to have someone that is willing to be blunt, is willing to roll their eyes at the noble court gossip, and strive for ambition even if it's off the beaten path. We aren't ultra-blunt with all of our friends except accidentally, now that we know the difference between normal socializing (the hunt group, which we should keep going to) and rude bluntness we have a chance to really talk about that with someone that seemingly is willing to embrace open honesty when it seems the best path.
'Course we wouldn't open up all the way right off the bat, but just having a noble contact that we can be reasonably safe having one on one conversations with is a huge boon. Especially because all of our past contacts like this had immediate and direct threats to us or our safety looming behind them. If this right now was us meeting Han Jian, we would be in a position right now to cultivate that sort of social tie. Unfortunately for that dude, we met when we had to buckle down and focus on our immediate safety and immediate growth (i.e. prioritize girl contacts because boys couldn't help).

I think our two most important social growth activities are now the hunt and econ/social/politics/philosophy talk with Bao Qian. there are of course our upkeeps and occasional emergencies (like when lilsis Hanyi needs help!) but really this is a good dude to just talk with. His ambitions are such that betraying us would be the worst decision he could possibly make in the short term, his honesty is very appreciated because we're currently trying to figure out the political run-around, and his econ/social background gives an interesting perspective about our soon to be responsibilities that we can't get anywhere else. V good, recommended liked and subscribed

So, assuming that any concrete marriage contracts will be fairly far into the future.
And Ling Qi remains, not quite happy with the idea of marriage in general.
How does Bao Qian report this back home?
"So far Baron Ling Qi has not stabbed me in the face, i have chosen to interpret this as there being hope, Baron's younger brother/spirit has been receptive towards the possibility of a business deal."

Last edited:
Turn 6: Training and Mechanics
As much as she might like too, Ling Qi was no longer in position to spend all day every day cultivating. She simply had too many tasks and responsibilities. However, she was growing better at managing her time. Now that she had settled into her routine, Ling Qi began each morning at her family's home, helping her Mother take the first fitful steps with a cultivation art. Following that, she lingered long enough to have breakfast with her mother and sister, though she rarely had more than a few bites. Then it was time for a spot of private cultivation working on her latest arts projects, and after it was either off to the lessons she had earned from the Sect, cultivating her body and spirit under the watch of an elder, or off to do military exercises with Senior Brother Liao Zhu, or with her whole scouting cadre under Guan Zhi.

In the evenings, then she had set aside time to keep up with her friends, whether it was taking tea with Meizhen, window shopping with Xiulan or having a spar with Shen Hu. Then there was a bit of time spent with Zhengui and Hanyi in relaxation and a little cultivation, since she could hardly call time spent out scouting as spending time with them. Once the sun had begun to dip under the horizon then, Ling Qi could begin her cultivation in earnest.

Having reached the temporary plateau of Green Foundation, she finally found time to really work on her cultivation arts. Mastering Eight Phase Ceremony was a simple matter, the final phase was simply a refinement of what had come before and a final integration of its exercises into her breathing and circulation habits. Argent Genesis, the Sect's art, which she had somewhat neglected until now, took a little more effort. However, it was a very refined art, and she had to marvel out how easy it was to pick up compared to many others, refining the argent qi of the vent went simply and smoothly and the lessons on spirit bonds contained in the art allowed her to make her connections much more efficient. As time went by, she swiftly mastered level after level, reaching the penultimate stage of the art in only a week.

Her other goal for the month, cultivating an art she had dug out from the archive some time ago, was helped along by her scouting duties. She had neglected her more subtle abilities for some time, but she was determined to change that. Ephemeral Nights Memory was not an art of incredible potency, but it's techniques, which allowed for the manipulation of short term memory to improve ones ability to pass unseen were a good place to start, until she could begin cultivating the wind thief art. It would also help her work on her somehwat neglected skill of avoiding spiritual attacks

It helped that Liao Zhu praised her efforts in that direction and freely gave pointers while they were together. He had apparently cultivated the art himself when he was her age, though he had long since developed his own personal variant.

However, as the weeks passed and the time to begin working with Cai Renxiang on planning the next gathering came, Ling Qi entered her sect lessons only to halt in surprise at the entrance to the lesson hall.

"That will be quite enough gawking girl, take your seat. You are nearly late as it is," Elder Jiao said dissmissively, waving toward one of the empty seats in the crowded hall. Elder Jiao was seated on a hovering seat cushion behind the lecturers podium, one leg crossed over the other. He wore bright lilac robes today, patterned with horribly clashing geometric patterns around the hems. He hadn't bothered with a cap today, leaving his bald grey scalp bare. Below him, his shadow pooled like spilled ink.

Ling Qi hurriedly bowed to the old man, even as she restrained the urge to glance around furitively. Her senses had grown greatly since she had seen Elder Jiao last, and now she felt her hair prickling on the back of her neck as she felt and half saw the eyes lurking in every shadow and patch of darkness in the chamber, watching and judging. He was still doing it on purpose, of course, there was no way a cultivator of his skill couldn't hide his presence better.

As the last few minutes of the hour ticked away, Ling Qi glanced around at the others in the room, disciples who had earned intermediate lessons all. No one seemed to know what was going on. Elder Heng was the usual teacher for these lessons. Before she could do more than consider the implications however, the door to the hall snapped shut with a bang.

"To answer the obvious question," Elder Jiao began neutrally. "A short time ago, Elder Heng discovered the beginnings of serious degradation in his lower dantian. He will be withdrawing from public life to make his preparations for passing on. As such I will be handling his lessons for a short time. The Sect will make the proper announcements later today."

Ling Qi stared, it wasn't like she had known the other elder well, and she was obviously aware that he was very old, but it still felt a little unsettling to be reminded that whatever they might call themselves, they weren't really immortal. There was a faint susurrus of sound from the rest of the class, but Elder Jiao cut it off with a flick of his sleeve. Quite literally, the noise ceased utterly with the motion of his hand.

"Regardless, the time for paying your respects will come later. For now, we have a lesson. Today's topic is a rather important one too. Namely, the path that lies ahead of you all, should you continue to walk the road of cultivation. You all stand at the third or fourth stages of the Third realm, an impressive feat indeed," he managed to make it sound like it wasn't impressive at all. "However, you will soon reach the point where the vast majority of even those who have great talent stumble and fail, and the obstacles only grow higher, and the obstacles will only grow higher. You're breakthroughs have thus far risked pain and setbacks, but the higher realms do not exact so lowly a price. The third realm is the last which can be achieved with effort and time alone. However, it has its own tribulations."

Ling Qi thought back to her harrowing escape from her mentor's power as it went mad and turned against her will, and the realization that had carried her through the trial.

Elder Jiao let out an amused chuckle as he looked out over the sea of worried faces. "Hah, I see my words recall pleasant memories indeed. Whatever tribulations you have faced, they are only the beginning. You will have to learn and master the modification and creation of arts, and in doing, prepare yourself to begin moving on from such crutches. To step beyond the Framing stage, you will face the a most lethal and difficult trial, forging your childish and ill formed ways into the solid core, complete the evolution of your lower dantian, which will serve to anchor your identity as you ascend the highest realms." He favored them with an amused grin. "And even then, many who claw their way to the peak of the third realm will fail, and in their failure, cripple their cultivation, the higher realms are not so forgiving as the lower ones. To face your fourth realm breakthrough and the opening of your middle dantian without any but the utmost of preparations is to seek death."

Ling Qi glanced around nervously, an obvious question rising in her mind, but hoping someone else would work up the nerve to interrupt. Thankfully that was unneccessary.

"I see the question in your minds, those of you with lesser backgrounds. For the vast majority of cultivators, only the lower dantian is relevant, and so common parlance, it is simply referred to in the singular. You however, are among those for whom the others may be relevant. The middle dantian," he began tapping a spindly finger against his chest. "Is opened in the fourth realm, and acts as a forge to refine your qi into a purer form, known as shen, in doing you will sever your mortal vulnerabilities one by one, and their vital functions will be incorporated into the middle dantian as energy constructs referred to as pearls." Elder Jiao then raised his hand, tapping once on his own forehead, directly between his eyes. "There is also the upper dantian. However, it is almost certainly irrelevant to all of you, only those who rise to the violet realm need concern themselves with that."

He clapped his hands. "However, even the middle dantian is a distant concern to all of you. Should you rise high enough that it IS a concern, you will no doubt have earned enough Sect Points to request private lessons on the matter. Today, we focus on the portion of third realm cultivation which can be taught, the customization and creation of arts. By now you will have begun to discern the true patterns in the formations of qi which the layman refers to as techniques, and so…"

Ling Qi leaned forward in her seat, taking in the Elders words. It seemed that she still had a lot that she didn't know. However, that just meant that she needed to work harder. It seemed that she would soon have to start considering which of her arts she wanted to refine.

Requirements listed are for progressing to the next stage I.e Requirements listed under apparaisal are the requirements for rising to foundation.
Green
-Early(1) 1200 XP
-Appraisal(2) 2400 XP
--4 domain Insights
-Foundation(3) 4800
--5 Domain Insights, at least one advanced
-Threshold(4) 6000
--Domain Rank C, 7 Insights
-Framing(5) 7200
--10 Insights, at least three of which must be advanced. Successfully created and mastered a Successor art of at least Green 3 potency and a Max level of 5, Domain B
-Formation(6) 8400
--Complete Domain Name Quest
-Fortification(7) 9600
--Domain A, Successfully create unique personal Art
-Completion(8) 10000
--Domain S

Domain Rank Requirements

F-900 XP
E-1100 XP, Integrate an art with Domain Weapon
D-1400 XP 1 Advanced Insight
C-1700 XP, Green 5
B-2000 XP, Green 6, Master and Integrate Domain Weapon
A- 2000 XP, Green 7

Successor Art Creation
Creating a Successor Art requires the cultivator to be at least one rank of potency higher than the potency of the completed art to be modified. The creation of a successor art requires a great deal of time and effort, and as such requires an investment of AP equal to two plus the number of levels intended for the successor art plus the potency of the art divided by three.

Eg. 2+L+(P/3)
L=Max Level of Intended Successor Art
P=Potency of Base Art

Upon choosing to create an art a mini arc will be triggered in the story, determining the exact composition and functions of the art via narrative requirements. Reduction of the required AP is possible with certain resources or narrative based bonuses. Upon completion of the arc, you will receive your art, with the first level mastered.

Elder Jiao's lessons proved informative, and Ling Qi was determined to make the most of her knowledge and push herself as far as she could, for her own sake, as well as her family's and even her liege. However, she also knew better than to exhaust herself too much. She was scheduled for another tour with her scouting cadre next month and so as the month wound to a close, Ling Qi decided too…

[] Join Bai Meizhen and Cai Renxiang for a private gathering, she had been invited, so she wouldn't be intruding.
[] Join Li Suyin and Gu Xiulan for a whirlwind round at market. Gu Xiulan seemed oddly determined to do for Li Suyin as she had once done for Ling Qi.

Spiritual Cultivation

10 6 5 8 9 2 9 7 10 6 7 6 7 10 2 10 5 3 2 7 2 3 9 8 1 4 2 3 1 7 6 3 4 10 10 2 3 10 1 3 5 7 8 1 8 1 10 2 3 1 10 6 6 9 4 8 4 5 1 7 3 8 9 8 9 10 1 2 9 1 4 3 9 3 6 7 3 7 10 7 8 10 5 5 10 10 2 3 6 4 1 8 3 9 7 2 8 7 3 8 8 8 3 8 10 8 6 4 4 6 2 3 5 6 9 6 5 3 8 2 6 1 9 1 9 5 2 9 2 4 8 1 1 10 10 2 9 6 5 3 1 8 7 7 4 6 2 10 8 1 2 5 1 2 5 2 9 8 2 2 1 9 4 3 9 3 4 7 8 10 1 10 8 8 8 3 5 9 4 4 2 7 10 2 1 7 5 9 4 6 2 7 5 5 9 5 9 3 3 9 4 4 8 1 3 6 5 9 6 9 2 7 5 3 1 7 9 5 5 5 3 8 1 7 4 1 3 3 5 5 1 9 10 10 9 2 5 6 2 1 4 3 9 10 8 9 7 6 6 3 2 8 1 2 6 6 5 10 8 9 4 10 7 6 10 8 7 6 3 9 8 8 3 7 7 10 7 5 8 2 10 9 1 2 3 6 7 7 5 7 7 1 6 4 6 5 1 4 1 5 4 8 2 7 6 10 8 3 5 7 4 4 6 7 5 10 2 3 8 9 9 4 1 5 9 6 1 1 1 3 5 5 3 6 3 8 6 10 2 2 9 6 7 4 2 1 5 5 5 4 5 4 7 5 10 8 2 10 8 3 3 3 7 7 10 9 4 5 10 6 6 8 3 2 3 6 4 9 2 9 2 7 4 1 3 3 8 5 2 5 7 6 9 5 2 9 5 8 5 4 5 1 4 9 4 8 4 10 7 7 10 10 5 5 10 8 7 9 4 10 6 2 6 4 6 9 2 10 8 7 5 2 9 8 10 4 6 5 5 4 4 6 3 8 10 5 7 6 5 10 8 10 1 3 4 6 3 7 7 1 5 2 2 5 1 4 1 8 10 7 1 3 3 6 1 4 2 7 10 6 9 9 6 9 1 1 7 5 7 5 5 4 6 9 10 7 4 10 4 3 7 7 6 1 2 8 4 3 6 5 8 4 3 5 5 5 5 3 10 4 7 4 7 5 4 6 1 7 8 6 2 6 4 9 6 5 8 9 9 3 4 9 9 8 3 5 3 10 7 2 3 5 7 1 9 1 6 1 9 5 9 2 10 2 10 5 9 9 6 7 2 1 7 2 8 10 6 10 9 4 1 3 10 10 3 1 10 10 1 10 5 9 4 4 3 5 1 1 4 6 9 7 8 6 8 5 7 5 5 7 10 7 9 9 6 1 9 7 10 2 9 4 2 2 10 4 6 2 6 9 7 5 5 6 10 4 10 8 10 4 4 9 3 2 10 8 2 10 5 3 1 3 7 5 6 8 10 1 9 6 2 7 10 6 2 1 2 1 8 1 7 3 2 9 4 3 8 7 2 4 9 5 8 7 9 3 4 8 6 4 5 7 10 4 4 1 6 5 4 5 8 2 7 9 2 10 1 9 6 4 5 7 8 2 3 8 7 9 8 2 2 2 8 4 8 1 4 3 8 9 8 5 2 4 5 3 6 7 4 3 2 8 9 2 1 4 9 7 2 6 8 5 10 7 8 7 10 4 9 7 4 8 3 6 4 9 8 9 7 1 3 8 8 2 9 1 7 8 7 10 5 7 4 4 3 4 10 4 7 1 10 10 8 4 5 3 2 5 1 8 5 4 8 5 7 6 5 5 5 3 4 2 9 9 7 4 2 9 7 8 9 9 10 8 2 6 1 6 10 3 5 7 8 2 3 6 10 9 10 6 1 5 7 2 4 4 5 5 2 1 5 2 1 6 1 3 1 3 10 3 6 4 9 5 8 1 1 9 9 2 4 1 7 3 2 2 8 8 6 1 9 2 2 1 7 4 3 8 7 4 10 4 10 10 8 7 2 10 7 2 4 10 2 10 2 6 1 9 3 8 1 3 10 2 4 8 6 8 7 4 2 8 7 1 7 6 9 8 8 5 9 1 6 3 2 8 8 4 8 10 1 1 3 2 2 8 2 9 5 8 4 6 6 2 6 4 8 4 4 5 8 4 7 6 6 8 5 5 1 4 5 3 4 9 7 6 6 8 6 10 7 10 8 2 1 3 8 10 9 1 6 8 4 2 3 2 1 7 6 3 1 2 6 4 2 4 1 9 3 7 1 9 8 8 3 10 2 10 10 10 2 7 8 5 9 2 8 1 9 4 4 1 5 1 4 9 6 7 7 8 3 7 6 2 4 10 1 6 9 2 5 2 9 4 9 9 8 6 1 8 1 4 8 8 6 3 6 1 9 2 8 3 9 6 4 4 5 7 9 6 8 6 7 8 1 5 8 8 3 9 5 3 2 4 10 10 7 5 10 5 9 10 8 7 5 3 10 1 9 1 6 9 8 5 8 8 1 6 8 3 4 2 8 7 8 7 6 4 4 8 8 2 9 7 10 5 10 9 5 10 1 3 8 8 9 6 8 9 3 5 4 6 8 1 4 5 7 2 8 2 1 8 3 9 4 2 3 5 3 9 5 3 3 4 3 1 1 10 2 3 4 5 10 1 5 4 8 3 5 5 5 7 4 9 5 10 1 9 4 3 9 10 7 2 4 9 4 4 8 5 9 3 1 8 4 5 1 3 10 7 7 6 3 3 4 9 2 6 9 5 8 8 7 7 1 10 5 6 5 5 1 3 7 1 1 2 8 3 4 9 2 3 4 4 5 9 5 6 5 3 2 4 2 8 10 4 9 5 10 6 1 2 10 7 4 2 1 1 5 4 1 6 6 4 1 2 5 7 7 9 10 9. 654 successes

Rerolling 124
8 9 6 9 2 7 3 3 7 1 2 6 6 3 7 8 4 4 9 10 8 6 1 2 1 6 1 10 8 4 9 5 4 6 5 5 3 7 7 9 9 1 7 7 3 5 6 6 8 5 7 5 2 9 9 2 4 9 4 3 4 4 8 10 10 2 4 4 1 3 2 9 3 10 5 7 4 1 4 2 7 10 8 10 9 8 3 4 8 8 7 4 4 6 3 5 9 6 8 9 8 1 10 2 1 6 10 6 8 3 9 6 5 7 5 5 6 10 10 4 7 6 7 10. 56 successes

710x1.2=854 Total

1197/4800

Physical Cultivation
7 3 1 2 1 6 9 10 6 4 1 7 3 8 10 9 10 9 6 9 1 3 6 9 6 10 6 7 4 7 8 10 9 10 3 9 5 4 1 2 7 1 8 9 10 8 7 9 8 4 10 8 6 5 6 4 6 4 10 1 10 9 2 10 8 5 1 5 8 1 6 6 3 4 4 2 3 3 3 10 6 2 8 4 8 5 7 4 10 6 4 1 7 6 1 4 2 3 10 1 3 6 8 7 1 1 10 5 5 4 4 3 5 3 6 5 10 4 8 9 1 3 10 7 10 2 3 3 4 2 5 8 9 2 6 9 5 5 3 1 9 9 3 5 3 10 9 2 3 8 3 4 3 4 2 2 5 4 7 10 8 1 9 6 5 4 7 9 10 1 9 8 9 4 5 4 3 5 5 8 3 7 3 7 2 6 10 6 2 6 7 9 9 5 6 3 8 4 1 10 5 1 9 5 4 3 8 9 8 5 8 2 3 10 8 5 5 9 2 6 5 9 6 3 5 4 7 5 7 9 4 3 9 2 8 5 5 7 5 4 1 2 7 4 3 6 10 9 4 1 7 8 9 2 2 4 7 10 8 4 8 3 6 9 4 5 3 8 2 9 3 4 10 9 9 2 6 8 2 10 9 8 9 9 2 3 4 8 2 3 3 10 5 9 10 9 3 4 8 6 2 1 10 1 1 10 4 7 8 7 6 6 5 4 6 8 6 10 7 10 2 10 9 7 8 10 5 2 3 4 10 4 4 9 6 5 8 1 1 7 7 8 4 3 3 10 10 9 1 7 10 2 6 10 10 5 9 6 8 1 10 7 4 3 7 1 9 7 1 1 3 7 8 7 10 1 8 1 1 8 7 10 1 4 9 1 10 9 6 8 9 7 4 4 2 1 4 10 7 6 1 1 2 10 9 3 10 6 4 2 5 2 3 6 6 3 8 5 1 5 4 9 2 10 4 3 10 7 4 8 4 4 10 6 4 9 8 5 6 3 9 3 5 1 10 10 4 7 6 6 1 2 5 4 1 8 8 2 7 2 9 10 5 10 7 10 10 7 7 6 9 7 10 3 7 9 4 2 5 2 8 7 3 4 3 3 3 10 4 1 1 4 3 8 5 9 7 5 5 5 2 6 1 1 10 10 9 4 3 5 7 10 3 9 5 5 3 8 5 8 8 7 1 2 4 5 1 1 1 7 7 2 4 8 2 4 9 2 9 1 8 5 3 1 3 7 7 7 6 3 4 6 10 6 7 3 2 7 5 3 6 2 4 9 1 8 4 9 1 2 1 9 6 3 1 10 10 7 6 7 10 1 2 9 6 9 1 8 7 6 2 2 9 7 3 9 4 6 9 5 8 9 5 3 4 5 5 5 1 2 1 2 3 3 10 8 1 3 7 7 10 10 1 10 7 3 8 2 8 8 8 7 6 2 2 1 6 6 5 9 7 6 10 1 8 2 9 10 6 7 6 7 9 8 6 5 10 5 8 10 2 6 8 9 7 9 10 5 6 4 5 5 1 6 5 10 9 5 9 4 4 7 2 2 4 7 8 6 3 5 5 4 10 2 5 9 3 6 3 8 9 9 4 2 4 9 1 3 5 2 6 8 8 10 9 1 8 6 6 1 1 2 4 10 6 10 10 8 5 2 7 6 10 1 7 6 1 9 8 5 10 5 3 7 4 3 10 2 9 7 2 1 1 7 2 6 9 2 5 3 5 1 8 7 3 6 2 5 5 1 10 4 5 4 3 1 6 4 2 6 10 5 8 10 3 2 5 1 3 9 4 9 2 3 7 6 1 8 1 5 10 2 10 5 5 4 5 2 7 8 10 9 2 7 8 6 10 5 7 2 5 2 3 8 4 9 4 4 9 4 10 8 5 2 4 1 5 8 4 2 7 3 2 8 2 9 4 1 5 2 5 2 3 7 9 8 7 2 4 5 7 3 5 3 6 8 5 1 8 9 4 4 1 5 2 4 5 7 5 10 10 1 1 2 7 1 1 3 5 4 10 1 9 4 6 4 1 10 6 8 8 1 4 1 7 7 4 2 3 10 3 4 10 5 5 8 5 5 3 9 1 2 2 9 7 7 4 9 8 10 9 8 10 2 8 9 8 1 10 2 3 2 5 2 8 1 10 2 7 2 3 7 5 4 7 1 2 1 1 1 2 9 8 3 10 5 1 7 8 10 10 10 3 4 3 2 4 4 4 1 7 8 7 1 3 6 3 6 6 4 6 7 2 4 9 4 10 2 2 7 1 2 8 6 5 1 7 1 6 2 1 3 9 9 3 3 4 8 8 1 3 4 7 4 9 8 9 8 9 1 7 1 2 4 6 8 6 5 8 2 6 10 6 7 1 10 9 4 7 7 5 9 2 3 5 10 2 3 9 10 5 5 3 6 1 10 6 6 4 5 9 10 5 4 8 5 4 6 10 2 4 6 1 5 9 5 6 2 9 5 4 4 9 6 1 9 5 6 7 9 3 7 10 7 1 7 3 6 2 2 7 8 10 9 2 10 5 8 1 4 4 4 9 2 9 9 3 6 7 9 4 9 5 5 7 7 1 9 4 4 2 3 1 1 1 5 2 6 4 3 1 7 6 9 10 7 9 2 4 5 2 7 5 9 3 1 7 5 1 1 8 5 3 1 7 5 5 9 10 10 3 2 6 8 10 5 6 9 9 9 5 10 7 10 10 1 2 7 5 5 9 5 1 3 5 9 7 1 7 9 10 9 10 7 9 10 3 6 10 1 7 4 3 3 5 2 4 9 8 10 5 8 4 5 10 8 3 7 10 2 5 1 10 6 7 10 7 10 6 6 2 4. 639 Successes

Rerolling 130
8 8 2 10 1 2 1 1 8 8 6 6 6 5 4 1 4 4 6 5 1 9 2 3 8 7 3 6 4 1 5 1 8 8 3 8 10 5 10 9 3 8 6 8 2 9 1 6 2 6 2 4 4 4 6 1 10 10 6 4 10 2 6 8 2 10 7 3 5 9 1 9 6 6 8 7 4 8 4 8 3 6 1 8 9 9 9 8 8 6 3 8 10 1 7 1 2 3 3 8 3 5 6 8 2 6 7 7 3 10 4 8 5 7 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 7 1 2 9 7 4 1 2 8. 64 successes

703x1.2=843 total
1703/2400

Eight Phase Ceremony
6 7 5 1 8 1 7 6 4 6 1 1 9 10 3 4 8 2 7 7 6 7 5 1 3 3 3 3 10 3 8 6 10 2 8 7 4 4 5 8 9 7 10 8 7 2 3 4 6 10 3 1 6 7 3 10 1 5 5 10 7 2 7 8 6 5 7 1 8 1 8 7 9 9 6 5 3 10 1 8 9 5 10 6 1 2 8 3 8 2 4 4 5 1 4 2 7 10 3 4 2 2 2 10 1 7 7 3 9 7 2 7 1 1 5 3 4 4 7 1 7 10 6 1 10 9 5 8 8 7 2 1 8 5 1 10 4 7 2 2 5 5 10 5 7 4 9 10 9 5 2 5 4 10 6 6 8 2 3 8 8 6 8 7 1 10 9 6 6 10 7 10 7 6 6 3 2 4 5 10 10 6 5 6 5 2 1 5 3 5 4 2 3 3 10 3 3 8 10 8 10 6 10 6 3 5 8 4 1 4 6 10 10 2 5 6 5 7 2 7 4 7 10 6 10 1 10 2 9 9 1 8 4 2 5 8 7 4 2 7 8 9 8 7 10 5 4 4 1 8 2 4 4 3 1 3 3 10 6 1 8 9 10 3 10 4 1 8 8 4 6 7 2 4 3 3 8 8 6 10 5 9 6 1 1 6 5 3 6 3 6 5 1 7 8 10 3 8 10 2 1 5 8 4 8 2 6 7 9 1 9 6 1 6 8 1 1 2 5 8 4 2 3 6 9 10 6 3 9 5 4 9 1 1 2 9 2 9 7 2 9 5 9 9 10 6 1 3 10 7 10 3 9 4 9 9 5 6 1 3 2 4 3 2 6 6 2 9 4 9 2 4 5 1 2 7 8 4 9 7 1 10 2 9 6 2 9 10 7 9 5 10 4 7 3 9 5 5 9 8 5 10 2 1 10 5 7 10 9 7 6 1 9 9 1 4 10 9 5 8 7 1 7 2 8 2 10 4 8 8 1 2 7 4 4 9 9 1 8 9 9 5 1 7 4 1 2 3 9 9 1 7 9 9 8 8 10 9 1 9 8 4 10 6 7 4 4 7 6 3 7 4 8 7 3 1 7 6 3 7 4 5 5 5 6 4 2 7 2 5 6 9 8 7 5 6 2 10 3 7 3 9 3 10 8 7 2 6 2 6 3 8 1 9 2 8 3 5 4 4 9 9 5 8 6 1 4 9 2 8 6 4 8 10 5 7 6 6 3 9 2 5 6 4 3 7 1 5 2 6 1 10 5 7 10 2 9 5 10 10 4 7 6 1 8 2 8 3 8 10 2 1 6 7 6 10 6 6 7 7 3 9 8 9 5 7 10 5 1 2 6 4 10 1 7 8 3 6 2 2 7 5 2 2 4 7 1 9 4 9 5 8 7 4 7 3 1 8 7 3 9 3 9 1 5 5 8 9 2 1 10 8 6 3 1 9 1 3 9 6 2 5 4 8 8 10 1 8 7 9 3 8 1 1 8 8 7 7 6 8 9 8 7 4 10 7 4 1 9 2 8 10 6 1 10 4 2 2 3 9 10 7 8 3 7 7 10 5 5 7 4 3 4 10 9 4 6 2 6 7 6 3 8 3 4 7 8 5 8 1 5 10 9 4 2 8 10 3 2 4 9 6 9 3 7 7 8 5 10 3 1 5 7 10 10 10 7 7 7 6 9 3 7 8 7 8 5 8 10 6 4 1 3 2 5 10 10 2 6 9 6 8 6 2 7 5 4 5 3 2 1 2 4 7 9 2 7 3 2 8 10 5 8 3 8 4 4 9 5 1 9 2 8 6 4 4 10 9 9 3 10 1 6 5 9 4 7 7 8 8 5 7 4 4 1 3 8 6 1 4 6 9 6 5 5 1 9 6 9 9 10 8 9 5 2 9 10 10 6 7 9 10 6 2 5 6 4 2 4 4 8 1 5 3 6 9 5 4 6 3 4 6 2 4 10 5 2 10 7 9 8 5 10 3 7 5 1 2 8 4 8 5 4 2 9 9 2 3 4 7 7 7 2 10 10 4 5 4 5 3 2 2 7 2 7 5 6 7 9 3 10 6 10 3 7 8 4 10 1 9 6 9 6 8 9 7 3 5 2 7 7 4 10 3 7 6 10 4 2. 441 successes

Rerolling 84
8 10 7 1 8 7 8 9 8 7 4 8 4 7 3 4 2 3 8 8 9 2 4 4 1 9 1 6 8 3 3 7 4 10 9 4 6 8 2 5 4 7 2 8 3 6 3 4 10 10 4 8 3 7 2 3 5 4 10 4 7 3 2 2 2 10 5 7 9 7 1 3 3 4 2 6 10 4 1 9 5 6 9 7. 43 successes

484x1.7= 822

822/800 Final Phase Achieved

22/10= 2 xp to physical
1705/2400

Argent Genesis
6 9 3 9 5 2 2 2 4 9 6 3 7 3 3 3 6 8 4 6 1 3 4 1 8 3 7 5 6 10 6 2 10 1 2 4 2 3 8 5 1 3 10 10 8 2 2 3 2 8 1 2 10 4 2 9 8 8 3 4 7 9 7 7 1 8 2 4 2 9 1 3 4 10 4 1 1 7 5 4 4 5 5 5 1 7 4 8 4 6 3 3 6 1 1 6 8 4 10 2 5 10 4 8 9 9 8 1 5 4 5 9 9 1 5 9 7 8 8 3 4 3 7 1 3 7 9 3 2 8 4 6 9 9 3 9 7 2 1 3 6 7 3 6 8 8 6 4 5 5 8 10 7 4 3 10 2 1 4 4 8 7 1 8 7 4 6 3 7 6 7 4 3 10 9 10 7 4 5 3 9 5 3 5 10 5 6 4 5 9 9 4 7 9 1 3 4 8 7 1 3 4 4 7 3 3 8 9 8 3 1 8 7 5 3 8 1 10 1 7 1 9 10 7 8 2 10 3 1 8 3 4 1 9 2 3 3 10 3 10 2 4 8 10 10 2 9 1 3 10 7 3 10 9 10 7 2 1 10 3 8 4 8 1 2 9 3 6 8 6 6 1 1 5 2 2 8 1 2 10 2 1 5 1 9 6 8 10 8 9 2 5 4 9 7 8 10 10 3 7 7 10 10 9 6 1 10 5 3 2 5 4 2 1 5 2 6 4 1 3 4 5 9 7 3 6 4 4 7 9 1 3 10 10 1 6 2 2 10 5 3 6 8 6 6 4 7 3 7 10 5 10 4 6 9 8 3 2 2 9 2 4 3 2 5 5 9 6 6 8 2 1 6 2 6 1 5 5 4 4 6 10 3 1 7 1 8 9 5 1 7 8 4 9 9 10 3 7 6 9 7 9 1 2 10 8 4 7 2 7 10 9 9 4 9 5 7 7 4 1 9 2 10 5 1 9 4 5 7 1 5 5 10 5 6 1 3 10 7 6 8 8 5 8 2 3 3 8 1 8 10 10 9 9 4 1 9 7 6 8 8 10 2 9 7 10 9 9 9 8 4 8 5 10 6 6 3 10 5 3 9 6 2 7 5 7 10 5 6 5 2 3 6 6 3 4 5 1 2 5 8 8 2 3 9 9 10 1 10 7 6 8 2 7 7 8 6 6 3 1 2 4 5 9 9 7 3 5 9 6 9 7 5 3 1 4 1 2 4 3 8 9 10 10 8 8 7 3 5 9 5 6 5 9 5 5 5 9 10 3 4 8 1 9 10 3 2 3 5 7 5 2 6 6 3 5 6 10 9 10 10 3 8 6 1 4 3 7 2 2 1 5 1 4 5 3 6 6 7 10 5 3 4 2 8 6 6 5 7 6 7 7 8 4 4 10 7 6 8 8 9 10 4 10 3 9 4 1 6 10 10 2 2 5 3 1 1 10 6 7 5 2 5 2 5 1 3 3 6 10 2 5 2 5 6 6 5 9 6 3 8 8 4 9 2 7 9 4 6 6 1 1 7 7 4 3 7 9 7 5 10 8 9 1 5 6 7 9 4 4 3 1 1 7 1 5 3 1 8 10 7 10 2 5 7 8 10 5 6 6 9 5 6 9 8 10 4 4 10 9 7 3 1 10 9 1 4 3 4 3 4 10 3 6 6 1 3 5 5 10 3 6 4 8 6 3 9 2 6 8 10 5 2 1 6 10 3 9 4 8 1 8 7 5 3 5 5 7 9 2 6 3 9 1 2 4 4 10 5 1 10 7 7 1 9 2 3 3 2 6 1 3 3 9 9 7 3 4 5 4 5 10 6 3 3 8 8 8 9 5 8 8 1 7 9 1 8 1 3 10 8 5 4 3 4 2 9 6 7 4 1 3 5 7 7 9 6 5 6 6 1 6 4 3 2 4 3 1 6 7 10 3 2 5 5 5 9 6 2 5 1 3 8 7 1 4 6 6 8 3 3 10 10 6 2 3 1 4 4 6 1 5 1 4 2 7 8 10 4 1 4 4 3 1 1 3 7 8 10 4 2 3 6 2 10 7 6 1 1 1 8 3 6 8 8 7 7 5 8 10 5 1 6 10 4 8 2 10 7 2 5 8 6 10 1 5 7 7 5 9 7 3 3 4 2 10 2 10 6 9 10 2 2 7 1 5 4 5 4 10 8 8 9 3 8 10 7 6 8 4 4 6 8 8 10 1 7 3 1 2 2 2 3 5 8 6 9 3 10 2 4 7 1 2 1 10 3 7 5 10 2 10 8 1 7 7 2 3 1 4 6 4 5 1 8 4 6 6 8 7 9 1 3 10 2 3 9 7 1 6 8 5. 530 successes total

Rerolling 109
5 3 1 4 6 8 10 4 4 9 5 7 2 10 7 8 9 8 9 8 3 7 6 2 1 5 9 2 9 8 4 3 2 6 6 7 4 6 3 9 6 7 7 9 7 4 7 7 3 5 6 7 3 4 9 5 10 7 8 8 6 4 2 8 9 7 4 4 4 6 2 9 5 1 8 3 4 6 9 8 2 6 5 6 9 5 1 8 1 8 7 8 1 8 5 2 7 1 5 10 6 9 1 2 9 10 4 2 5. 49 successes

579x2.2=1273 Total

1346/150

1196/250

946/350

596/500 Fifth Day Achieved

96/650

Ephemeral Nights Memory
6 1 8 4 7 2 6 7 10 3 3 5 10 2 6 4 9 2 8 8 4 10 6 4 5 5 3 5 4 5 9 1 5 6 4 4 8 1 2 7 4 4 3 3 5 9 6 5 10 5 2 3 5 8 7 9 2 1 3 7 6 3 7 2 8 2 7 5 2 8 3 7 1 6 9 8 6 6 2 7 1 6 1 7 5 9 5 8 10 9 4 7 1 2 8 10 3 5 5 6 4 9 3 5 6 3 4 1 9 7 9 1 4 10 7 8 8 3 5 7 1 10 3 3 3 3 4 7 9 8 3 2 9 7 8 4 9 1 7 9 10 5 9 3 4 5 3 2 7 9 10 9 1 5 3 3 9 7 10 7 6 4 8 4 10 8 10 10 10 8 9 9 4 7 4 8 4 8 1 10 6 2 1 6 8 5 1 6 1 2 2 9 7 2 4 6 1 5 7 10 2 5 1 6 4 4 5 7 3 7 8 8 10 10 6 8 5 6 3 7 9 5 5 5 8 1 2 8 5 8 7 7 5 9 4 8 4 10 6 6 6 5 4 7 5 1 4 1 6 7 7 4 3 4 8 2 4 1 9 10 8 7 8 2 6 1 1 1 2 6 7 7 3 2 6 7 2 9 9 9 5 7 2 9 10 1 10 5 1 8 7 10 7 4 2 4 7 4 4 8 10 10 7 4 1 2 10 2 10 10 10 7 6 3 5 8 5 5 4 7 4 10 7 10 4 10 5 2 3 9 9 4 8 7 7 1 8 8 4 10 9 6 6 5 8 10 2 5 6 7 1 10 7 9 1 2 10 6 3 5 6 3 8 5 10 7 5 7 6 1 6 5 6 3 9 5 3 2 9 10 8 2 1 6 2 2 7 2 9 1 6 6 6 5 10 5 3 7 3 9 7 1 5 2 3 5 6 7 8 7 9 7 8 9 3 9 2 1 2 10 4 7 5 9 4 7 3 6 3 7 6 9 7 2 10 2 6 7 10 3 3 8 10 2 7 4 1 8 4 4 10 7 3 6 5 6 2 9 3 4 6 1 2 4 2 3 7 10 10 7 2 4 4 3 6 10 6 8 8 2 1 9 8 3 4 5 10 6 5 3 9 2 5 3 6 6 5 4 5 6 10 9 2 4 3 7 5 9 6 4 2 8 2 1 3 6 5 2 1 2 6 9 3 10 3 10 8 8 4 4 5 3 2 8 8 7 4 3 5 1 6 8 9 8 8 1 3 5 4 5 6 10 5 10 1 8 10 8 7 5 2 3 9 5 1 7. 279 Successes

Rerolling 46
7 8 10 5 10 6 7 10 8 8 8 9 4 6 7 1 5 4 9 3 9 6 6 10 1 8 9 9 6 9 5 5 7 5 9 8 10 7 8 7 4 7 7 8 4 3. 13 successes

292x2.1=613

613/100

513/150

363/200

163/300 Third Fading Achieved.

+270 Domain XP

Skill and Attribute gains
4d6+4 Dex
2 6 5 1 4=+18
9/70 Dex Rank Increased!

4d6+4 Resolve
5 2 1 2 4=+14
20/60

4d6+4 Wits
1 5 5 4 4=+19
39/50

4d6+4 Fade
2 3 1 5 4=+15
10/25 Fade Rank Increased

4d6+8 Vanishing
4 1 6 8= +23
24/35

1d6 Resilience
28/25 Resilience Capped!

3d6 Blades
4 2 2= 8
3/20 Blades Rank Increased

4d6+4 Qi
4 2 2 5 4= 17
22/80

Eight Phase Ceremony Final Phase
Passive Effects:
+50 dice to Spiritual Cultivation until Green 4
+40 dice to Physical cultivation up until Bronze 4
+45 dice to the cultivation of all Yin Arts
+40 dice to the cultivation of Moon Arts
-Grants the user a 1 'virtual' stone of to Green grade per week(4 per turn)
-Allows the user to bind spirits of up to Grade three
+4 free qi cultivation dice per turn up to S rank
-Gain a +30 bonus on a single Combat or Social Perception test per turn
-Gain a 10 point bonus on Combat and Social perception -Permanent
User gains up to 100 successes to physical or spiritual cultivation(whichever is lower) when composing, teaching or performing musical or artistic activities. -Permanent

Argent Genesis Fifth Day
+70 dice to Spiritual and Physical cultivation up to Green/Bronze 4
+20 dice to Meridian cultivation
+40 dice to Argent art cultivation
5 free dice of qi experience per turn up to S rank
User may bind up to grade 3 spirits
Spirit Upkeep reduced by 5 each for up to three spirits
Double successes gained from rerolls during cultivation-permanent
Grants the user 1 virtual Green Stone per week(4 per turn)
1.3 multiplier to domain XP earned in a turn(Applied to turn total)
1.3 modifier to Art creation/modification XP

+80 dice to Spiritual and Physical cultivation up to Green/Bronze 4
+30 dice to Meridian cultivation
+50 dice to Argent art cultivation
6 free dice of qi experience per turn up to S rank
User may bind up to grade 4 spirits
Spirit Upkeep reduced by 5 each for up to three spirits-permanent
Grants the user 1 virtual Green Stone per week(4 per turn)
1.3 multiplier to domain XP earned in a turn(Applied to turn total)-permanent
1.3 modifier to Art creation/modification XP

Ephemeral Nights Memory 3

Potency: Green 2
Potency Growth: Green 3(5)
Keywords:
- Connections, Darkness, Memory, Wind, Yin.
- Dexterity, Fade, Stealth.
Current Meridians: Legx2, Armx2
Needed Meridians: Leg(5)
Experience: 300, 400
Max Level: 5

Passives
+20 to Stealth
+10 to Speed
+10 to Physical and Spiritual Avoid
+5 to Physical and Spiritual Hit

Passing Phantom: D
Duration: Long
The user's presence fades from the mind, forgotten the moment that one's eyes stray from them. Enhances the users stealth, speed and ability to avoid spiritual attacks, as well as slip through spiritual defenses. Allows the user to reset unsure targets to unaware if their stealth is sufficient.

Evening Breeze Flourish: C
Duration: Immediate
In an instant the user pulses their qi in a feint, and for one foe a single second of memory vanishes into the mist of time, leaving them disoriented and open for a blow, unable to activate arts in response to the users next art.

Wavering Mind Strike: C
Duration: Immediate
May be activated in tandem with another offensive art against an Enemy within Close range. The user briefly touches on the enemies spirit, plucking the memory of one of their techniques from the enemies thoughts. If successful, the enemy is unable to activate the targeted technique for a Short time. The user must have witnessed the technique in order to steal it, and stolen techniques cannot be of a higher rank than Lost Moment as modified for potency. If the user steals a second technique from the same enemy, the first is returned.

Alright a bit of a short one story content wise, but it got some exposition through and does the months numbers so I think That'll do.

Last edited:
As much as she might like too, Ling Qi was no longer in position to spend all day every day cultivating.
tbh we shouldve tried investing into an art which manipulates time.

she swiftly mastered level after level, reaching the penultimate stage of the art in only a week.
There's a reason we call bullshit on her talent, right?

which allowed for the manipulation of short term memory to improve ones ability to pass unseen were a good place to start
It's good and all, but I like my Ghost runs done without save-scumming or resetting NPC awareness states.

[] Join Bai Meizhen and Cai Renxiang for a private gathering, she had been invited, so she wouldn't be intruding.
We really need to learn how to sew. Please guys.

Successor Art Creation
Creating a Successor Art requires the cultivator to be at least one rank of potency higher than the potency of the completed art to be modified. The creation of a successor art requires a great deal of time and effort, and as such requires an investment of AP equal to two plus the number of levels intended for the successor art plus the potency of the art divided by three.
I'm kinda confused about what the benefits of this are. Is it just a new art? Ain't it possible to find one that's of similar rank?

Oh wow. Being able to seal away attack's like that makes Ling Qi scarier than before.

Unintentional villaining intensifies.

Wow this is a busy one, liked the short coverage on what LQ's been up to. Makes sense with how jam-packed things have been recently. Seeing Jiao again was great too, even if he was bearing sad news. Interesting to hear more about the mechanics of cultivation. Also not sure what to vote for...

[x] Join Li Suyin and Gu Xiulan for a whirlwind round at market. Gu Xiulan seemed oddly determined to do for Li Suyin as she had once done for Ling Qi.

Mei long time no see!

[X] Join Bai Meizhen and Cai Renxiang for a private gathering, she had been invited, so she wouldn't be intruding.

s-rank friends versus a-rank friends isn't even a competition. why are you booing, im right.

Last edited:
Back