Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X] Join Bai Meizhen and Cai Renxiang for a private gathering, she had been invited, so she wouldn't be intruding.

*inhales*

XIULAN AND SUYIN FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[X] Join Li Suyin and Gu Xiulan for a whirlwind round at market. Gu Xiulan seemed oddly determined to do for Li Suyin as she had once done for Ling Qi.

[X] Join Bai Meizhen and Cai Renxiang for a private gathering, she had been invited, so she wouldn't be intruding.

Have we seen Meizhen and CRX interact yet? We know they've become friends, but I don't think LQ, Meizhen, and CRX have shared a private scene yet.

[X] Join Li Suyin and Gu Xiulan for a whirlwind round at market. Gu Xiulan seemed oddly determined to do for Li Suyin as she had once done for Ling Qi.

This is what I want to see on screen.

With all this talk about Ways and ambition I think we've forgotten Liao Zhu. Our Bloody Boy is the only one we know of that has ambitions that match the level and goal of Ling Qi, hers being to reach the heights of Bai Suzhen and Cai Shenhua to escape the savagery of the world and make it a less savage world for others, while his is making a less savage world through changing the Bloody Moon and reaching great heights as a necessity for that goal. His family are close to the Cai and probably well connected to other Cai loyalists, his abs are to die for, his Way and Arts are so similar to ours that there must be some benefit we could gain, he's kind and sincere when he's not trying to be mysterious and most of all he's one I can imagine Ling Qi genuinely falling for.
Liao Zhu is currently sempai-level. He is beyond us. Now, it's true that he's at least potentially a match for us on the cultivation side, but I'm not sure how he is on the political side. We cannot afford to marry just for personal preference. What would marrying him bring to our family and our liege?

That having been said, I could absolutely see Ling Qi being willing to go on a few dungeon delves or spirit quests or whatever to help him along his path. We broadly approve of his ambitions, and he's not going to stop pushing forward. He could certainly be a useful ally at some point, and I wouldn't mind being a useful ally to him. If nothing else, making the Bloody Moon more fundamentally just would have all sorts of useful influences on our duchy, especially for helping the Weilu get along with the Cai

...thats a horrible pun @yrsillar and I approve.

He just told Ling Qi hes a "Bao". He shamelessly claimed to be a treasure.
...also if he marries into the Ling clan that will make him Ling Qian(i.e. Pocket Change/Coins)

As someone who has no resources from a young age the idea of not wanting more advantages is nearly incomprehensible to her.
But this is a good point!
Anyone from a higher than Baronial clan marrying into the Ling has to be able to withstand a sharp drop in resource availability as a matter of course.
A lifestyle which they might take for granted might just plain not be available.

Overall I dare say the Bao elders have done a good job matching supply to demand.
Bao Qian would normally be a pain in the ass to marry off for them because of his interests and ambitions, he wouldn't make a good internal ladder climber either.
But Ling Qi is just his type too, and his LACK of initial interest is a boon.

...I wonder if they applied an art for finding good deals to this.
The naming pun is adorable. Thank you for brinnging it to my attention.
I also totally had not noticed the bit of fit there with respect to initial resources as compared to long-term intended resources. THat's excellent.
I... would be totally unshocked if the Bao had a deep library of merchant arts that they leveraged for political ends in all sorts of ways. Really, I'd be seriously surprised if they did not.

I'm kinda confused about what the benefits of this are. Is it just a new art? Ain't it possible to find one that's of similar rank?
There are advantages to having an art that is perfectly suited to you - an outgrowth of *your* Way, and who *you* are. Worth noting that it's a hard requirement for progressing through Green, which suggests that it is useful for forging the self. Further... it seems likely that as we go further in our cultivation, it will become harder and harder to adopt the arts of others - especially those others who are not similar to us or intimately aligned with us in a way that the art itself reflects. The best arts are the ones you have made for yourself. Next best are the ones that were made for you by someone who is very good at the process (a powerful spirit or art-crafting cultivator) then those that were crafted by someone whose path is very similar to your own.

We haven't seen both of them together in a long time so it would be nice to do it.

I totally approve of Xiulan an Li Suyin going shopping together. I think that's excellent. We don't need to be there for it.

Also, we were doing "hang out with Li Suyin" stuff just last update Admittedly, Bao Qian grabbed top billing, but Li Suyin was totally there. How long has it been since we had on-screen face time with Best Snake? Seriously? I cannot recall. It's been a while.

I totally approve of Xiulan an Li Suyin going shopping together. I think that's excellent. We don't need to be there for it.

Also, we were doing "hang out with Li Suyin" stuff just last update Admittedly, Bao Qian grabbed top billing, but Li Suyin was totally there. How long has it been since we had on-screen face time with Best Snake? Seriously? I cannot recall. It's been a while.
When we went shopping with Lan Lan after killing the traitor Bai. That's when Luo invited us hunting

Back