The Path Unending (A Cultivation Quest)

I'm pretty sure we can use the 'Wild Flailing With A Hammer' technique. We don't need to go buy one yet.
It may turn out that we can use the hammer with Hummingbird Dance.
It may turn out that we'll need to source a hammer technique.
It may turn out that Chui Dao just needs a bit of anam to swing the hammer independently.
There is no need to jump to any conclusions when we can just spend an action trying to use the hammer as a weapon.

We could try combining several ideas / actions into one.

1. Organise a big AFV reveal / body reconfiguration party and invite all our friends to it.

2. At the party, hand Chui Dao to Nokai or Jai Fa and ask them take their biggest, strongest swing at our transformed limbs with the intent of turning the limbs into pulp. This will:

(i) help us see if we gain any insights into Chui Dao through using them in a martial manner, satisfying the "experiment with CD" faction;

(ii) symbolically literally and permanently remove our altered limbs, satisfying the "hate the altered limbs" faction;

(iii) push the limits of Kong Zhi's pain tolerance and probably give him skill level-ups in this area, satisfying the "the numbers must go up" faction; and

(iv) make Kong Zhi look metal as fuck, attracting more potential partners and satisfying the "Kong Zhi the love master" faction.

3. As Kong Zhi is rolling on the floor writhing and screaming in pain stoically bearing the mild discomfort with an enigmatic smile on his face, activate AFV to grow brand new replacement limbs over the jellied stumps of the altered limbs.

Last edited:
I think after this, we should also focus on finding materials or something that can help with warlord step. Kong Zhi's father is going to take that step and he is the most talented and powerful of the clan.

It's already hard enough to take that step, death is guaranteed on failure. Anything that we can do to help would be nice. Originally this wouldn't make much sense but we have a MC's aura and maybe we could find something that could make it easier or something

I think after this, we should also focus on finding materials or something that can help with warlord step. Kong Zhi's father is going to take that step and he is the most talented and powerful of the clan.

It's already hard enough to take that step, death is guaranteed on failure. Anything that we can do to help would be nice. Originally this wouldn't make much sense but we have a MC's aura and maybe we could find something that could make it easier or something

We could try to do this action: You will go scavenging for new materials.

I hate to rain on your parade, but I find the likelihood of getting something for Shuren pretty low. While nothing is for certain, it seems like the time has passed.

Week 21 has just completed, and in week 17 KZ got a letter from home that he told Ming Hui had been written a month ago.

In that letter written around week 13, Ru said that Shuren was deep in mediation and would be ready to take the step 'in a matter months, if not weeks'.

So it seems more likely than not that Shuren is literally about to take the step now, or has already started.

So time is against KZ in a major way.

The other obvious impediment is: how does KZ target focus a warlord tier material? It can't be as easy as [X] Write-in: Search for a big dick material. It'd just be take a bunch of specific material searching actions, which exist under the Craftsman action list, but have never been taken iirc and hoping for a lucky roll. I don't have to tell you how impossible it'll be to convince the thread to do this, especially given the potential that it'll be too late anyway.

The only reasonable way I can see KZ getting a worthwhile material in a timely manner (that's probably still too late given the timelag in sending a mat) is if by random chance, sitting alongside the Lord's Regalia there is something appropriate.

Then there'll be the keep it/send it vote/drama.

So yea, nice idea but it doesn't really feel plausible.

RE: Physical hammer techniques, I previously stated that if KZ didny get a Steel/War anam hammer technique that it'd be a failure of not trying hard enough.

I still think this, but I also think that getting a GOOD physical hammer technique is also worthwhile, strictly because phys techs are basically the 'autoattacks' of combat that don't use anam.

Having a decent one as filler makes for a strong baseline so that KZ doesn't gas himself out in a fight, also because the +1 melee tech grade talent is pretty good at turning something decent/good into a staple.

I hate to rain on your parade, but I find the likelihood of getting something for Shuren pretty low. While nothing is for certain, it seems like the time has passed.

Week 21 has just completed, and in week 17 KZ got a letter from home that he told Ming Hui had been written a month ago.

In that letter written around week 13, Ru said that Shuren was deep in mediation and would be ready to take the step 'in a matter months, if not weeks'.

So it seems more likely than not that Shuren is literally about to take the step now, or has already started.

So time is against KZ in a major way.

The other obvious impediment is: how does KZ target focus a warlord tier material? It can't be as easy as [X] Write-in: Search for a big dick material. It'd just be take a bunch of specific material searching actions, which exist under the Craftsman action list, but have never been taken iirc and hoping for a lucky roll. I don't have to tell you how impossible it'll be to convince the thread to do this, especially given the potential that it'll be too late anyway.

The only reasonable way I can see KZ getting a worthwhile material in a timely manner (that's probably still too late given the timelag in sending a mat) is if by random chance, sitting alongside the Lord's Regalia there is something appropriate.

Then there'll be the keep it/send it vote/drama.

So yea, nice idea but it doesn't really feel plausible.

RE: Physical hammer techniques, I previously stated that if KZ didny get a Steel/War anam hammer technique that it'd be a failure of not trying hard enough.

I still think this, but I also think that getting a GOOD physical hammer technique is also worthwhile, strictly because phys techs are basically the 'autoattacks' of combat that don't use anam.

Having a decent one as filler makes for a strong baseline so that KZ doesn't gas himself out in a fight, also because the +1 melee tech grade talent is pretty good at turning something decent/good into a staple.
Thanks for the detailed response. The thing is I don't really see Kong Shuren taking the Warlord step to be a good omen. Hopefully even if he fails, it doesn't affect us too much.

I guess we should increase our social actions to align with Mo hanying or Zhaun Kuan until we are sure that the Kong clan would maintain its standing. About the hammer techniques, if we can get one with Steel and smoke (basically power and dexterity) it would be a no brainer to train it.

After some thought and looking at the two competing main votes, I find the x4 Infuse + Regalia + anything more compelling than the x5 Infuse + Regalia.

I just can't really countenance the ~25% chance of AP being wasted that comes with a x5 plan.

[X] Plan: Backlog Intensifies Further

@Surf Monkey If I might offer a suggestion, if you are writing specifics of what to offer the pig, perhaps rephrasing it so that we offer primarily food, and if that fails, offer low-level mats, would be better?

[X] Plan Indiana Kong and the Regalia of Kings, Fractal Edition

Yeah, might be better to finish HD first and then see if Zhi can integrate Chui Dao in the style.

Odds are that the kukuni can shape the hammer further than what it did at the confrontation with Geng Tu.

It's more intuitive when you build your weapon style to be an extension of your main fighting system. Since you practice similar concepts/fundamentals, moving forward with weapons now won't take much of a hassle. It's the Eskrima/Kali thinking, but for this case it's the reverse.

Plus, I don't want to cheapen our style by buying our way to it. Anam perfects movements and as such, I believe that channeling anam (especially war) while working the basics of HD with Chui Dao on hand will get us something.

Last edited:
Decided to go with Indiana Kong. Mainly because I think going to the Archives right now is premature for a number of reasons. First being that we don't have a large amount of Sect Points to spend. So, any technique we buy from the Archives is likely going to be low-tiered as a result. We should first see how Chui Dao handles in a fight. Or maybe even ask Chui Dao himself by trying to commune with him on how we should proceed if we want to fight together.

Going to the Archives isn't needed right now as we don't even know the basics of what we want. How can we when we haven't even fought with Chui Dao before and thus don't know anything about how he prefers to fight. For all we know, Chui Dao prefers to leap from our hand after a couple of swings or he likes to transform into different weapons depending on the encounter. We don't know anything about how our Chui Dao likes to fight. So let's take Chui Dao to a cave somewhere and swing him at some Spirit Beasts or something. Zhi, and the thread, will get a better understanding of how to proceed from there.

Last edited:
Back