The Long Founding (Warhammer 40k)

Voting is open
I can't help but think that the Seraph are the one Chapter all members of Chaos absolutely dread the mere idea of running into due to how ridiculously specialized they are against Chaos. It's not even just skills, they have powers that are specifically anti-chaos.

I wonder if Steel Champion Dread Jar, combined with Seraph Brotherhood Librarian Herald Feathers, could create a trap that slowly inflicts True Death to Daemons?

It is not without reason that Yararara is home to what is said to be one of the most, if not the most violently anti-Chaos Space Marine Chapters across an Imperium overflowing with Chaos-hating Space Marines, as well as being the planet of origin for many of the finest Ordo Malleus Inquisitors.
Something for everyone to consider

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor: so my biological Brother is part of the Seraph Brotherhood . . .
SB marine: so my biological Brother/Sister is part of the Ordo Malleus . . .
Both: I have some . . . favors that asshole owes me, so what do we need from them to KILL CHAOS?

A marine chapter likely has the full backing of an Inquisition Ordo, and said Inquisition Ordo has the Backing of Another Marine chapter

Last edited:

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor: so my biological Brother is part of the Seraph Brotherhood . . .
Both: I have some . . . favors that asshole owes me, so what do we need from them to KILL CHAOS?

A marine chapter likely has the full backing of an Inquisition Ordo, and said Inquisition Ordo has the Backing of Another Marine chapter
Translation: Inquisition managed to bounce back after being reduced in power caused some of the other chapters (Light Bringer being the most famous example)

That really IS a good point, Grimm has now technically made two Space Marine Chapters for some of the Imperiums Orders, the Synopticon has the Light Bringers and now the Ordo Malleus has the Seraph Brotherhood.

If you stretch the definition enough you could even fit the Dark Peregrines as partners for the Ordo Hereticus.

And I guess the Imperial Bulwark that the Truth Keepers created serves as a vacation spot for the Ordo Sanctorum.

Really goes to show what a nice guy Grimm is, really spreading the love around and helping everyone :V

Last edited:
Personally, i love that their homeworld seems to be the dumping ground for chaos cultists. It's like someone sending them here thinking if the few first billions times don't work the next time will surely work.

It's probably an Alpha Legion wanting to see if he can annoy the Brotherhood to leave, or for shit and giggle it's alpha legion who knows.

Maybe an Eldar farseer/Cegorach thinking having a world that is basically just a murder blender for Chaos morons seems something they would exploit.

Yeah, they are mentioned as being non native and cropping back up no matter what. I doubt its the Alpha Legion, given its apparently been going on longer than the imperium has existed. It might be the Eldar or maybe Chaos wants something this planet has.It could even just be a random 'natural' quirk of the warp/Chaos that cultist wind up here

Yeah, they are mentioned as being non native and cropping back up no matter what. I doubt its the Alpha Legion, given its apparently been going on longer than the imperium has existed. It might be the Eldar or maybe Chaos wants something this planet has.It could even just be a random 'natural' quirk of the warp/Chaos that cultist wind up here
It could also be the Chaos version of Deathworld recruitment. If you can survive there, you can survive anywhere.

-In a particularly legendary campaign, the Seraph Brotherhood kill every last Chaos Cultist within 10 sectors of their homeworld, with not even the desperate mass summoning of Daemons slowing down the Blood Angels successor Chapter. Sadly, even this legendary feat could not completely stamp out Yararara's infestation of cultists, who remain stubbornly extant against all logic.
The greatest tragedy is that vs Cultists did not roll a 100. If a 171 killed 10 sectors worth of heretics, what would a 220 do?

I'm thinking that Yararara might be the dumping ground for any cultist's that manage to make it to the eye of terror/ the realms of chaos like space marine warbands do, but aren't interesting enough for the gods to actually care. No space marine champion in charge, no Surprisingly OP cultists leader with a deamon weapon.
Your boring, generic cannon fodder, and whenever the chaos gods have an overflow, they just commit the cosmic equivalent to dumping trash on the side of the road and teleport them to Yararara because of some quirk of the planet.

I like to think the Inquisition's back-up plan for Chaos starting to win is simply letting the Seraph Brotherhood ignore the Codex completely and start Legion building.

Because nothing would give the Traitors heart attacks like thousands of Seraphs coming for their heads.

Voting is open
Back