I'm honestly really annoyed at the sort of rhetoric that's all about how we're making stupid decisions and massive enemies by not taking this one action now in the middle of... actually securing quite a lot? It feels overblown and kinda ridiculous.

E: Like, our relations are literally still Cordial!

Last edited:
If Johanna's issue with Rhaenyra was that she was dancing with girls, then it's possible that romancing Alicent will sour things unless we get out ahead of it and she gets over herself. But it's also possible she's never get over herself & it's a waste of a conversation. Seems like a coin flip, either way. I read Jeyne's advice as "she's always going to hate you, so don't bother" more than "fix this now," but maybe Jeyne is wrong. We're not going to get resolution on her as a potential threat until after she has (or looks like she won't have) a son. OTOH, if relations between us sour before she has kids, she might not let us bond with our siblings.

On three way Dance - that does sound not great, but it's not like we're locked against the Velayrons right now. I'm against it, but marrying Laenor still seems like a popular idea. And if we don't we could betroth our kids and Laenor's kids or something. Or Alicent and Laenor as a lavender marriage (I'm not in favor of this either, tbh). Or one of the Velayrons or Johanna's kids could fail to have enough large dragon to be a credible faction and have to take the L and fold themselves into a faction that has a chance. If Johanna has kids when she does in canon, they'd be a non-factor.

Last edited:
It should also be remembered that for better or worse, Visery's health is on the decline. I dunno about anyone else, but whatever passes for my (asexual) sex drive tends to take a bit of a dive whenever I'm sick?

Not saying he's not going to have any children with her, but it doesn't really seem like a situation ripe for an absurd number of children popping up?

It should also be remembered that for better or worse, Visery's health is on the decline. I dunno about anyone else, but whatever passes for my (asexual) sex drive tends to take a bit of a dive whenever I'm sick?

Not saying he's not going to have any children with her, but it doesn't really seem like a situation ripe for an absurd number of children popping up?
Well, Viserys and Alicent got 4 kids in a relatively short time despite his sickness, and Johanna was also quite fertile in canon with another 3 kids...

We should assume that in around one year, we will likely have a new baby brother/sister.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for sister then.
Well, that will mostly depend on whether the sex of the baby is going to depend on RNG Jesus, or it will be decided narratively... And if it is the former, whose genetics will win since Viserys had only one single daughter and Johanna only had one single son...

No matter what we should spoil him or her rotten, as we have discussed before getting along great with our half-siblings and becoming their Coll Big Sis is going to prevent a lot of problems down the line...

A baby brother might not be the worst thing. Until Viserys has a son and is not passing over us for that son, or until his health has declined to the point that everyone thinks he's not going to get a son, people will be assuming the whole heir thing is a temporary stopgap.

So people are probably going to be undervaluing Rhaenyra & not treating her like a real contender until then. Unless Viserys has managed to make himself believed to them.

Last edited:
What is it? (I wish we had an ????? reaction sometimes)

Fire & Blood pretty heavily implies that Visenya was skilled in blood magic- that she may have used it to conceive Maegor, and later may have wielded it to heal him after his near-fatal head injury. Some readers have interpreted this to have contributed to Maegor's inability to conceive a male heir

(To be clear, I'm very much joking, we should not start casting spells at our mother-in-law quite just yet :p )

I feel like taking up blood magic and fratricide would cut into our busy schedule of rescuing maidens from villainous and scheming relatives, getting big, and otherwise being a True Knight.

Back