I'm considering it, I'm between the two. Laurent's got a point that it has been a bit.
Considering that Johanna's action has the exactly same text we had in the previous turn... I am pretty sure that it is not too late for that conversation...
[] [Conversation] Speak With Lady Johanna Westerling
You couldn't help but notice the new Queen had a rather strong reaction to your dance. It might be wise to talk with her and see if you had accidentally caused some offense that you need to smooth over.
[] [Conversation] Speak With Lady Johanna Westerling
You couldn't help but notice the new Queen had a rather strong reaction to your dance. It might be wise to talk with her and see if you had accidentally caused some offense that you need to smooth over.

This looks like an awesome quest, I can't believe I didn't know about it earlier.

[X] Plan: Diplomatic Maneuvers.

Stealth Edit: Is Maneuvers spelt right?

[X] Plan: Diplomatic Maneuvers

Our most powerful backer will always be Viserys. We need to invest the conversation.

As the QM noted, there are like 10 or more things we do need to speak to him about rather urgently. The divorce, his health, his current perspective on our status and character, etc.

Last edited:
An interesting thing I don't think anyone else has mentioned: it looks like our reaching out to Jeyne about Rhea is already paying off. With house Royce unequivocally supporting her, it signals to the other Vale Houses that those who had taken a more quiet, cautious support for Arnold the first time around are now fully supporting Jeyne. That's going to make it harder for Arnold to rally support, made worse by when we show up.

I was thinking about this as well. Since Sir Tarly is our bodyguard I think we have a very good reason to maintain good relations with him. We wouldn't want people to try to get to us through him. Hrm.

ngl i thought "talk to Queen" was included in the plan to offset "intervening in the Vale" action. Sure, it's subtle, but this is the Queen, and if she is actually homophobic, she might think we're being sweet on Jeyne because we have a romantic interest in her.

absolutely could just be reading too much into it, but

[X] Plan The 70,000 Pound Dragon In The Room

Guys, we're going to have to make our half-siblings like us, whether our stepmother likes us or not, it doesn't matter if our brothers like us, her plans will already be harmed if the half-brothers/sisters like Rhaenyra, because then if she asks her firstborn to fight for his claim he might look at her like she's crazy and say:

"No mother, I like Rhaenyra, she's a good sister, I'm not going to do that to her, are you crazy?"

A Plan to be a Good Sister can neutralize any ambition of the Queen,at least I think this it worth try,the great mistake of Canon Rhaenyra is not tryng this.
I mean... Ideally we do both, have the support of both Johanna and her children.

Best to act on the advice we've been given I think. What's the point of asking for it if we're going to not follow it?

I am absolutely, deadass sure that behind Tarly this one time is an improvement to the Training system, because Teen Spirit has openly said that there's been thoughts about how to make the physical training less, "Push a button, get a swole" or whatnot, and the ideal and smart place to PUT something like that is behind talking with our fucking trainer!

[X] Plan The 70,000 Pound Dragon In The Room

I wonder if Raylon might not have some insight into the thoughts of all the knights we're going to run into in the Vale. Most of Arnold's supporters seem to be the landed knights of the Vale.

You know, I actually feel bad for Daemon's messangers. In the book, he beat the messanger within an inch-of-his-life just because Viserys married Alicent (and I don't care if it didn't happen in the show, it's canon to me). That scene was shifted in the show to the reason being Viserys deciding to send help.

Here though? I can imagine him beating the messanger for any reason he doesn't like. Hell, he'll probably kill the messanger when he hears Rhaenyra and Otto convinced the king to annule his marriage.

Maybe we should send him a raven explaining our "naive and romantic" point of view? Saying we "wanting to free him and his wife from a loveless marriage so that they could chase whom their hearts desire"? Now that can't go wrong in anyway, shape or form... ;)

Here though? I can imagine him beating the messanger for any reason he doesn't like. Hell, he'll probably kill the messanger when he hears Rhaenyra and Otto convinced the king to annule his marriage.

Maybe we should send him a raven explaining our "naive and romantic" point of view? Saying we "wanting to free him and his wife from a loveless marriage so that they could chase whom their hearts desire"? Now that can't go wrong in anyway, shape or form...

Remember, we want to blame Otto for this whole thing. It part of our strategy.

Last edited:
Back