maybe a TM from the shop would work

pokemons were canonicaly called magic creatures on the pokemon past

the ideal pokemon for the team would be oroguru with instruct, teleport and heal pulse

I thought he couldn't learn them? He tried on another move and couldn't understand it.

Was he trying to "learn against type," or what?
Going from vague memory, he tried Pay Day but couldn't get it, so he gave it to Player One, then later got a Teachy TV and another copy of Pay Day, and then later still a False Swipes. But I don't remember him actually trying to use the Teachy TV, just buying it and hoping it would work when he eventually used it.

Alchemist is missing a lot of gamer bullshit. For him or his party to directly get something out of the gameshop without needing to use a scroll or book to learn it the hard way, they'd have to use one of the quest coupons which can basically be summarized as the GM manually adding something to the character entry. At least so far as perks and the like are concerned.

Some rare exceptions apply in the form of major achievement awards, like defeating an elemental archfiend in P1's progression system or killing the primary god of a pantheon.

Tiffany was able to use an item directly to add the ability to her list of known skills. He gave her a copy of Payday and it winked out of existence in a poof of sparkles, giving her the skill. Trick Room came in a digital tube-scroll, the kind of TM found in 'Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu!' and Kid Flash was able to learn it without any major issues. Though he may have been helped along by whatever hobbled connection he has to the concept of Go Fast!

False Swipes is a fairly simple ability with a low cost attached to it, though it is typically only learned naturally by sword theme PokeMon (Ceruledge, maybe?).

Throughout the anime, we do see a handful of individuals use PokeMon moves. Sabrina has Teleport and it's known that other humans can use Aura Sphere. Probably a variety of other fighting type moves like Brick Break, too. This isn't too terribly surprising as, if you go back far enough in the lore, Humans and PokeMon are the same thing and there are a few ways for humans to jump that divide. Though I don't recall if there are any PokeMon that become human.

Agility and Double Team are good for everybody.

Batman does the normal/fighting type tropes pretty solid, so Brick Break would be a great choice for him. Definitely Detect, too. Finally add in some Foresight so he could finally punch Boston Brand... Except there's no TM for that. Maybe throw a Shadow Claw in there to cover that and add a little confusion as to the Bat's skillset?

The Flash just has Agility. In every slot. It's even his type, somehow.

The other members of the League are all kind of hard to guess at, truth be told. Superman might be Psychic/Fighting, Wonder Woman could go Ground/Fighting. The Martians are Psychic, purely. The greenies could be considered Normal types since their powers come strictly from tools and their abilities without them tend to be somewhat lackluster in comparison to Batman. The Hawks are pure Flying (The Roost jokes would just be too easy...)

Billy might go psychic, might go ghost. Maybe both. Magic is treated a bit weird in the PokeMon franchise.

And of course we have Captain Atom. Ghost/Steel. Take the sword moves out of Aegislash and just copy/paste the rest on to him, it'll work itself out. Be hilarious to watch him punch his way through a Roar of Time, though, and teach a certain legendary a thing or two about human Determination.

Don't take any of this as gospel, though. It's right off the top of my head using whatever bits I can remember with minimal research.

And of course we have Captain Atom. Ghost/Steel. Take the sword moves out of Aegislash and just copy/paste the rest on to him, it'll work itself out. Be hilarious to watch him punch his way through a Roar of Time, though, and teach a certain legendary a thing or two about human Determination.
This is the man the Beat up Nekron up for his Lunch money in his own realm

Captain Atom is the Goat and none of the Justice League even know how BS this man is

Agility and Double Team are good for everybody.

Batman does the normal/fighting type tropes pretty solid, so Brick Break would be a great choice for him. Definitely Detect, too. Finally add in some Foresight so he could finally punch Boston Brand... Except there's no TM for that. Maybe throw a Shadow Claw in there to cover that and add a little confusion as to the Bat's skillset?

The Flash just has Agility. In every slot. It's even his type, somehow.

The other members of the League are all kind of hard to guess at, truth be told. Superman might be Psychic/Fighting, Wonder Woman could go Ground/Fighting. The Martians are Psychic, purely. The greenies could be considered Normal types since their powers come strictly from tools and their abilities without them tend to be somewhat lackluster in comparison to Batman. The Hawks are pure Flying (The Roost jokes would just be too easy...)

Billy might go psychic, might go ghost. Maybe both. Magic is treated a bit weird in the PokeMon franchise.

Don't take any of this as gospel, though. It's right off the top of my head using whatever bits I can remember with minimal research.

I think fairy type is for more for magic than phycic, as that's what's implied in Pokémon but I guess something times used interchangeably

I think fairy type is for more for magic than phycic, as that's what's implied in Pokémon but I guess something times used interchangeably

Sorry, I'm a little old- I keep forgetting about them! It would actually fit really well with his situation as a kind of changeling.

Might still say he has a ghost subtype considering some of the other things he can do with his powers but it's very fair to think he might be fairy-type.

Magic, at least how the Pokemon franchise treats it, doesn't seem to be directly tied to Types or whatever energy source Pokemon/Pokeverse humans use.
You have it showing up associated with Dark Types, Ghost Types, Psychic Types, and Fairy Types, you have Moves like Magical Leaf and Mystical Fire, past human civilizations used it in their technology, etc.

My best guess is that Magic is simply another energy source the Pokeverse uses, alongside Aura, Infinity Energy, etc.

Last edited:
Doesn't one of the Dragons in the anime have a female form that hit's on Ash? Maybe the one summonable to ride with a flute?
That was just an illusion, and a movie-only one at that. The only Pokemon that can truly change their form to that degree are Mew and Ditto. Every other time, it's an illusion. In some cases the illusion is physical, but it's still just a projection.

Doesn't one of the Dragons in the anime have a female form that hit's on Ash? Maybe the one summonable to ride with a flute?

It was Latias from movie 5 Pokemon Heroes during Johto in 2002 it's the one with the city called Altomare and there's a big thing about the soul dew cause of a Latios sacrificing itself to save the city or some such. Specifically tho it was an illusion of a girl who lived there.

With Megan now saying she knows everything did that also mean that she knows her peoples Fear of Fire isn't Real and is just a Mental Block put by the Guardians for the safety of the Universe until they Evolved passed their Sadistic past that they had as BURNING Martians.
will this mean that Megan will train past the block.
Does she also know about Apex Predators (the Fusion of Martians and Humans that can fight Monitors and Hands of Creation)

With Megan now saying she knows everything did that also mean that she knows her peoples Fear of Fire isn't Real and is just a Mental Block put by the Guardians for the safety of the Universe until they Evolved passed their Sadistic past that they had as BURNING Martians.
will this mean that Megan will train past the block.
Does she also know about Apex Predators (the Fusion of Martians and Humans that can fight Monitors and Hands of Creation)
Her fear of fire is real, YJ Martians are not the same as mainline Martians.

Back