I finally caught the Corona Virus.

Shit that sucks. I caught it last year and felt achy as hell for a week or so. I slowly lost my sense of smell, and thus most of my taste, which really sucked. Luckily I got everything back fairly quickly afterwards. It is quite depressing when you have it though and can't taste anything. It made it very hard for me to eat anything, it honestly felt like a chore to eat. Hope everything goes well for you and it clears up quick.

Damn this was the first thing that came to mind when you were talking about your new gun, but its something different T.T

I really need to go play some of the Star Ocean games. I've only ever played 4, but you've reminded me that they exist.

Hope you feel better soon.

Get well ( no, really, get well - there are enough unfinished stories as it is ) and thanks for an update!

Damn this was the first thing that came to mind when you were talking about your new gun, but its something different T.T
That was what I had thought at first too.

I'm guessing that this one is the gun that's locked behind two quests and having to fight an Arch-demon instead. Still looking forward to him getting his hands on it eventually!

That was what I had thought at first too.

I'm guessing that this one is the gun that's locked behind two quests and having to fight an Arch-demon instead. Still looking forward to him getting his hands on it eventually!

I did mention there was a special weapon hidden in Star Ocean that related to his previous Class of Dragoon ;) I'm sure you'll get a laugh when you remember the name of that gun.

Also- Thank you everyone for the well-wishes! Currently pretty uncomfortable, but I still think EA Sports games suck, so my sense of taste isn't gone yet!

I read "Sword of Light" and I hear the X3's UI assistant reading the name of the system you enter. Anyone who played nearly any X-series game knows what I'm taking about.

The addition wasn't pretty. The outer walls were concrete, cured with Haste. The windows were Transparisteel. The rebar and a thin internal layer between the concrete and drywall were both made of Darksteel.
That's alright. Magical crafting powers have existed for most of the fic now, and theyre nearly capped. He can smooth things and do the decorative touches with that for extra levels now. It'd be nice for Yuffie to have a nice home too.
Alchemist now has the Sword of Light! Does this mean he's gonna meet a party healer of ambiguous origin soon?
I appreciate this is a DQ reference, but. Sword of light. The Slayers got 5 videogames (Slayers-pc98, Slayers, Slayers Royal, Slayers Royal 2, and Slayers Wonderful). That Sword of Light is actually Gorun Nova, Which Cleaves. And who doesn't want a massively FTL, but also galactic range teleporting, fleet crushing ship powered from the captain's MP?
Killy does have the best Gravity Pistol. Goddamn I need to reread Blame! and Noise.

I appreciate this is a DQ reference, but. Sword of light. The Slayers got 5 videogames (Slayers-pc98, Slayers, Slayers Royal, Slayers Royal 2, and Slayers Wonderful). That Sword of Light is actually Gorun Nova, Which Cleaves. And who doesn't want a massively FTL, but also galactic range teleporting, fleet crushing ship powered from the captain's MP?
I was actually referencing Star Ocean 2 considering the origin of the gun and it's role in that story.

"Why didn't anybody tell me!" The Martian looked hurt, switching her teary gaze between Alan and Alchemist.
Mr Scott replaced one of the League Lanterns a second time!
When Alchemist came back from Gaia, he'd put up Mindblank and he kept it up. It had upset M'gann when she accidentally ran into him but he'd simply explained that he'd seen things that shouldn't be shared.
Which things are these? Some of them, such as meeting the Outer God Kirby, the fact he has a polymorphed Jenova in the inventory, the dragons gifting Jinx an egg containing an avatar of Bahamut, and meeting the FF7CC aspect of Gaia also apply to Jinx. Admittedly, Jinx also knows Mind Blank. Others, like Alchemist's worst fears that the monsters in the Caverns of Wonder disguised themselves as, while great and terrible indeed, he already knew about before going there. True, they're fresh in his nightmares now and so more likely to be picked up on by an incidental surface scan, but none of the content is truly new.

Is it just that the boggart monsters taught him that by the time you realize Mind Blank is needed, it's usually already too late? Combined with the legitimately dangerous knowledge he has.
neither of them noticed when the Dragon Egg began to shake.

It wasn't ready, not yet...

But it was getting closer!
*Excited!*
Jinx has not taken out the very special egg she was given yet. Which, okay, one dragon infant at a time, and I totally understand her being apprehensive about and feeling unready for raising it.

I hope Alchemist acquired all the meat he said he was going to need way back when.
Right near the finish line. Damn Virus
Finish line? We'll be dealing with Covid for decades, minimum. The Delta variant was the most contagious respiratory illness ever recorded, and the first iteration of Omicron made Delta look tame. Combine that with like half the population being paranoid about vaccines, and we will never be rid of Covid until medical science defeats viruses in general and in detail.

Vaccines, by the way, are how we beat smallpox and nearly beat polio.

Finish line? We'll be dealing with Covid for decades, minimum. The Delta variant was the most contagious respiratory illness ever recorded, and the first iteration of Omicron made Delta look tame. Combine that with like half the population being paranoid about vaccines, and we will never be rid of Covid until medical science defeats viruses in general and in detail.

Vaccines, by the way, are how we beat smallpox and nearly beat polio.
The political rigmarole (i.e. outright lying) on the news has gotten my entire family to swear off vaccines and to become antivaxxers. I'm literally the only person I'm related to that isn't very loudly stupid.

It's horrifying, honestly.

Last edited:
Speaking of Mind Blank, Megan's reaction to Alchemist using it was very bad, at least that time he used it for a prank, to the point she thought he was her species' equivalent to the bogeyman. It's weird that he's been universally ignored by the martian.

All that talk about advanced weapons and the fact that he was going to Mars made me think that he was going to end up in DOOM somehow.

I'm honestly glad we didn't end up with a mult chapter DOOM arc so soon after the final fantasy arc but I am simultaneously disappointed that he didn't get ahold of the BFG.

Finish line? We'll be dealing with Covid for decades,
Still what I consider the finish line. We're still dealing with the flu, that bastard kills 650,000 people a year, and yet the Spanish flu ended 104 years ago, despite the strain the caused it still existing. I'm not an idiot who thinks it gonna be *poof* gone or it will just wear itself out. But the time to pour every little iota of effort into stopping it is already passed. We keep up what we're already doing, like we do for influenza, and we'll be fine

Remove Radioactivity - Spells - Archives of Nethys: Pathfinder RPG Database

You remove all ongoing radiation effects, both primary and secondary, on a single target if you succeed at a caster level check (DC = the Fortitude DC associated with the radiation effect). In addition, you immediately restore 1d4 points of Constitution drain and 1d4 points of Strength drain...
Is that his own DC check of the Kryptonian's DC check? Because those are probably two wildly different difficulties. In fact, I don't think Kryptonian's can resist K radiation at all. It just starts to murder them in speeds from agonizingly slow to 'wow, you're dying right this minute'.

Which things are these?
Probably the murders?
Yeah. He outright murdered at least a dozen people, probably several times that. Granted, it was 100% justified, and even though he very heavily considered other options, none of them were both humane and effective, and he couldn't do anything else and still have it work while being able to live with the results. The fact that everyone in the upper echelons of Shinra (aside from Reeve) were mass murdering psychopaths and had (or would have) nearly ended the world several times but for the intercession of a few heroes, luck, fate, literal deities, and the planet itself...

It was the best of a bunch of horribad options, but nobody in the League aside from maybe Wonder Woman, the Hawk Couple, and a few others would accept it.

Last edited:
Is that his own DC check of the Kryptonian's DC check? Because those are probably two wildly different difficulties. In fact, I don't think Kryptonian's can resist K radiation at all. It just starts to murder them in speeds from agonizingly slow to 'wow, you're dying right this minute'.
It should be tied to the radiation itself.
Kryptonians likely just have a racial penalty to the save or, more likely, automatically fail (since I don't think we ever see Superman resist it). Though the gamer system doesn't actually use fort/ref/will so who knows how it actually translates.

Back