@Academia Nut the most ancient library of Redshore has a bonus to Social research, will we be able to develop similar traits (albeit perhaps not as good) for our other Academies?

I'm not asking because of the bonus but because I feel like it gives us some extra depth and makes it more interesting

Last edited:
[X] [Kyberi] 1 PW - Send in proper negotiators and scholars to sort it all out (-1 Temp Happiness, +1 Temp Consciousness, situation resolved, ???)
[X] [Crisis] 1 PW - Send aid to the Kielmyr (-1 temp SoL, +1 Temp Trust)
[X] [Paying] 0 PW - Bank and Business Fun
-[X] [Paying] +1 Temp IC
-[X] [Paying] +1 Temp SoL

[X] [Kyberi] 1 PW - Send in proper negotiators and scholars to sort it all out (-1 Temp Happiness, +1 Temp Consciousness, situation resolved, ???)
-[X] [Paying] +1 Temp IC

[X] [Crisis] 0 PW - Remain neutral and watch (-1 Temp Trust)
-[X] [Paying] +1 Temp IC

I am not sure whether the votes with two Paying subvotes will count as the same as voting for each of options in tally.
Might want to approval vote the other option(s) I think.

So, how are the not!Aztec/Mayan/Incas doing?

Last I remember of them being mentioned we were rallying every kingdom against the colonists' slavery.

So, how are the not!Aztec/Mayan/Incas doing?

Last I remember of them being mentioned we were rallying every kingdom against the colonists' slavery.

....they will likely start eating some of ex-Hespanxer possessions and maybe ex-Vortuga ones ones Vortuga mainland is conquered.
Inca Resurgence cometh?
It aint gonna be pleasant though: centuries of resentment make for a terrible teacher of humanism.

@Academia Nut the most ancient library of Redshore has a bonus to Social research, will we be able to develop similar traits (albeit perhaps not as good) for our other Academies?

I'm not asking because of the bonus but because I feel like it gives us some extra depth and makes it more interesting

Yes, repeatedly doing the same type of research within a given academy will adjust it towards becoming specialized.

-[X] [Paying] +1 Temp IC

The port argument is at present dumb af. What are the pros and cons of contesting nohon dominance of that area?
The pro here is that Nohon can't really keep that port either. They have it more or less by nobody else wanting it. Historically Japan did hold some of that land at some point, then lost it later. On our part, that port would give us access to the Pacific trade routes, which is to say we can entirely bypass the Indian Ocean colonies and trade directly with the far east...and more importantly, deploy naval forces on the Pacific.

The con is...until we have railways, we can't really hold that port either, and theres this giant stretch of open steppes being underdeveloped where we're dumping our dissidents. Aka we're breeding future rebellions unless we sink some serious effort into improving the territory's connectivity.

Overall? We want to WALK towards it, one step, backfill, then another step. Never stop the backfill, because it'd be a nightmare to quell rebellions and those are practically inevitable as long as we use it for nothing but a farming and mining pinata

No, he means that Russia got into a war with Japan or with some other folks (like, say, Crimean War) due to the tendency to rush warmwater ports.
Russo-Japanese War being one of causes of Revolution in Russia is not really a controversial statement. WW1 was a bigger contributor...
Also in our continuity, they ate Ymaryn and got chestbursted over warm water ports
Ugh.

Hey folks, how about we do not go isolationist and hope things blow over on their own?
We already opted not to get stuck in when there was a chance to back the republicans. If we support Kielmyr, it's pretty much going to tell them that "yeah those guys are also out to get us".

Opening diplomatic relations with the Republics is the healthier route, but sending aid to their enemies is going to torpedo that.
If you send aid, I think we'd best start militarizing in preparation for a war and abandon the eastern expansion ambitions for the near future, because the Republican steamroller wouldn't be that open to diplomacy if we backed their enemies.

We already opted not to get stuck in when there was a chance to back the republicans. If we support Kielmyr, it's pretty much going to tell them that "yeah those guys are also out to get us".

Opening diplomatic relations with the Republics is the healthier route, but sending aid to their enemies is going to torpedo that.
If you send aid, I think we'd best start militarizing in preparation for a war and abandon the eastern expansion ambitions for the near future, because the Republican steamroller wouldn't be that open to diplomacy if we backed their enemies.

uhhh.
Only, there was definitely a bigger concern brewing. While the United Emperor was still claiming that he had things under control and any move to intervene against his subjects would be viewed as an act of war - no doubt because there were enough neighbours who would take a bite out of his patrimony using the excuse of "intervention against radical elements", but for all intents and purposes Tortun was out of the fight against the Hespranxer Republic. Worse yet, with the Sexton force solidifying into the Tortun Republic in the northern states, the Kielmyr had abandoned all action against the Hespranxer to deal with the agitation in their ethnic Tortun territories and the fact that First Citizen Faron had made it clear he was going to 'liberate' those regions once he was done with the Ochruhr and the Emperor.

We have aggressive First Citizen aggressively "liberating" everyone around.
We cannot not get stuck in a war.
If anything, we should DoW them...but Ochruhr will get all hissy if we do, so ensuring Kielmyr does not get the case of Republicanism is about the best we can do.

Changing vote.

Last edited:
Colonials: We did it! We found the 13th colony!
PoC!Earthling: Who the fuck are you?

Liberating Tortun areas?

You have to wonder about the situation in Tortun and Not!France. How are they procuring food and getting the taxes need to run their government while in constant wars?

Colonials: We did it! We found the 13th colony!
PoC!Earthling: Who the fuck are you?

Liberating Tortun areas?

You have to wonder about the situation in Tortun and Not!France. How are they procuring food and getting the taxes need to run their government while in constant wars?

Well how long until he thinks he liberated the whole Europe and we are next?
I'd like to get rifling online before the war, and this means we want to slow him down.

uhhh.

We cannot not get stuck in a war.
If anything, we should DoW them...but Ochruhr will get all hissy if we do, so ensuring Kielmyr does not get the case of Republicanism is about the best we can do.

Yes, but I think he is overreaching.
Te History showed multiple times that no one european country can fight the rest of Europe, from Napoleon to Hitler.

And First Citizen is making the same mistake.

Now, he could attack us...
But will he really want another war front?

I think we can afford to wait it out for now.
And regardless who wins... we can keep up the trade.

Well how long until he thinks he liberated the whole Europe and we are next?
I'd like to get rifling online before the war, and this means we want to slow him down.

So you spend two long years in a civil war ravaging your nation and then you going to turn around and wage a war of liberation conquest against Mother Russia and General Winter?

You lost your colonies, nobody is trading with you, and so forth.

Yes, but I think he is overreaching.
Te History showed multiple times that no one european country can fight the rest of Europe, from Napoleon to Hitler.

And First Citizen is making the same mistake.

Now, he could attack us...
But will he really want another war front?

I think we can afford to wait it out for now.
And regardless who wins... we can keep up the trade.

Napoleon kinda....fucked up Russian invasion in that he thought losing Moscow would change anything and in underestimating logistics.
It is not guaranteed this one will do the same mistake.
And army-wise, the french column and levee en masse are pretty much the next age of land warfare compared to us.

Sure, but they'll be exhausted from years of war and then have to deal with our weather, our enormous man power and the huge amount of territory we control.

So you spend two long years in a civil war ravaging your nation and then you going to turn around and wage a war of liberation conquest against Mother Russia and General Winter?

You lost your colonies, nobody is trading with you, and so forth.

They are head and shoulders above us wrt army if the IRL is any indication; out Firing Line is several decades outdated.
Plus they may or may not have Massed Battery Fire already online.
Don't underestimate the folks who just steamrolled First Coalition even harder than in OTL.

Sure, but they'll be exhausted from years of war and then have to deal with our weather, our enormous man power and the huge amount of territory we control.

If Napoleon did not hurry as much, he probably had a good shot at victory.
It was not army that won War of 1812, it was France overextending logistical trail and underestimating partisans.

Plus. Plus, it still fucked up Russian economy - march of 600 000 and burning of capital hit their internal development pretty seriously IIRC. So we do not want that.

Napoleon kinda....fucked up Russian invasion in that he thought losing Moscow would change anything and in underestimating logistics.
It is not guaranteed this one will do the same mistake.
And army-wise, the french column and levee en masse are pretty much the next age of land warfare compared to us.

Not really?
Napoleon conquered a small part of a big country, and whyever expected it to sue for peace.
He had to flee since reinforcements from beyond Ural were coming, and he had no ability whatsoever to survive that. I do not see our situation as different.

Back