When did we become Russia?

I thought we were the Dual Monarchy of Gylruv-Ymar.

Your original post was:

Edit: The Old Ymaryn Empire seems like it would be a woman, What with being built of the backs of great women just as much, if not more so, than men. But The Dual Monarchy is much more patriarchal, and much more male dominated in its culture, just look at its stereotype as a soldier, and our martial culture, no women are in the military.

'Male dominated', 'partriarchal', 'soldier stereotype'. I'm not seeing much difference between us and Russia in this regard.

National personification - Wikipedia

Just going down this list, nations are far more often anthropomorphised as female rather than male.

And yet the list influential people in her history were mostly women. The most famous and prominent heroes were women. There was a whole string of female queens.

In the Dual Monarchy that is a very very different matter.
Almost none of the female heroes are remembered anymore. Even our Dragon General is thought to be male now.

Hell, we probably had a grand total of 4-5 female kings over the millennia after Phygrif kicked off the OYE in full. People wouldn't think too much on them even if they did remember.

Last edited:
Well clearly, that just means the Dual Monarchy is a marriage and Gylruv-kun is just a big manly man being bossed around by tiny, adorable Ymaryn-chan
That was when they were integrating

Dual Monarchy is obviously their aggressive, but friendly son. Who took after his mother in how crazy he can be...
Almost none of the female heroes are remembered anymore. Even our Dragon General is thought to be male now.
Which only reinforces my point that now the Dual Monarchy is Male. Everything about it is Male. It's even rewritten its own history to be more about men!

Last edited:
Which only reinforces my point that now the Dual Monarchy is Male. Everything about it is Male. It's even rewritten its own history to be more about men!
That's not how personification of countries works though. Mother Russia has already been brought up, because that was a totally male dominated society like us, yet it was still seen as the motherland.

Also, it didn't rewrite history, it was just outright forgotten. It's been literally millennia since those events.
They are? Or did they forget the original and only remember Alyx?
It's been mixed with other tales since it was so long ago. AN mentioned that finding her tomb is going to be a blast, iirc.

Last edited:
I mostly want to push basic training on all citizens and have a huge army of both genders who job it is to "Keep the peace of Galmaryn." Rather than "Win wars."

I want true universal consciption and a size 15 army that is constantly pounding out more rails and more Kiberian settlements during peacetime.

I am fine with "Female soldiers do not fight on the front lines or have combat duty." I want to teach them to shoot anyway, and they can build roads just as well as men.

Ack Baswards into universal education through universal conscription and universal litteracy taught to conscripts and don't leave females out. It gets them equal rights as well.

Many of them would serve as logistics officers or nurses or the 1000 non-combat roles the millitary needs to fill, but they fill it.

That's not how personification of countries works though. Mother Russia has already been brought up, because that was a totally male dominated society like us, yet it was still seen as the motherland
And yet we are not Russia. We didn't have the string of strong and famous female Russian leaders just as nationhood was being invented. We don't seem to have a culture that matches Russia's. In fact we seem far more like Germany. Stern, hard workers obssesed with the military. With a bit of hippy thrown in for the trees.

And didn't Germans call it the Fatherland?

Hell we outright ate Prussia as per word of AN!

....Yessssssss

I don't think sniper rifles are actually a thing yet, outside of the Dual Crown. The first IRL sniper rifle actually worth the label (the Whitworth Rifle) came about in 1854, and was a muzzle loaded hexagonal rifle. This presumably requires the advance in technology of universal rifling, which no one else has but us at the current time.
I meant 'sniper' in the sense of 'a person who snipes', sorry for the confusion.

And yet we are not Russia. We didn't have the string of strong and famous female Russian leaders just as nationhood was being invented. We don't seem to have a culture that matches Russia's. In fact we seem far more like Germany. Stern, hard workers obssesed with the military. With a bit of hippy thrown in for the trees.

And didn't Germans call it the Fatherland?

Hell we outright ate Prussia as per word of AN!

Back