Gentlemen. I'd like to propose my plan:

Fuck Africa, let's have a party in fortress Asia instead.
I'm in favor of doing this as much as possible. It's also basically been our plan to have Khemetri deal with the continent as much as we can anyways.

I'm not sure if the thread still wants to do that, though.

But yeah, it let's us mess with Nohan, whom I consider both a more real threat to our interests and easier to handle than the Sketch, along with re-enforcing our allies in Hung and Black Sheep more easily.

Not sure about rest of the thread.

Yeah. Let the Khen take the Sketch heat for a bit and make the Sketch concerned about their ability to project sea power into SEA in the event of a war.

That will let us push Nohon harder. When the Suez finishes 50% of our trade should be pretty hard for even the Sketch to stop.

Native: minding there own business, finishing cutting down trees

DC: my name is the Dual-Monarchy, your killing trees prepare to die

Native: :o

Gentlemen. I'd like to propose my plan:

Fuck Africa, let's have a party in fortress Asia instead.

Just remember that the Nohon already have a lock on much of the Pacific Islands and the Sketch, Vortuga, Hespranxer, and the remnants of the Halvyni have much of the major islands in SEA.

Also that after you strangled their trade the Maharatha seem increasingly likely to capitulate to the Sketch.

Do we even have a great need for Greater Khem coaling stations with the Khemetri taking that place? I assume it wouldn't be much of an issue that we have a treaty that we get to use each others coaling stations.

So while everyone goes crazy over Greater Khem, we go into SEA and start selling guns, industrial gear and advisors as we have been doing already and generally try to do a hands off approach. (Maharatha may come under the train but a lot of others won't!)

Also, that's area we can actually somewhat project power into, unlike Greater Khem.

As for releasing nations after they want us gone, given the likely expenses our politicians will look for excuses to get rid of them while keeping trade deals. Like making our own Commonwealth. Or UdSSR.

For the pro-imperialism people, are there any plans in place to minimize the atrocities?
Put our already existing experts in charge. We have people trained in our universities who travel to other nations and successfully upgrade their military and economies. We have a trait because of that (Teacher of the World). Our expert advisors are seen as patronising asholes by the natives, but are accepted because they are good at the job.

Unlike OTL colonial empires, we have a large number of advisors with experience travelling to other nations and helping them advance. Our economic model is one where assets can be seized and released at need. Our people will be expecting the colonies to benefit from our presence, we should do the best to make that happen.

We should also try to advance social tech as much as possible.

Put our already existing experts in charge. We have people trained in our universities who travel to other nations and successfully upgrade their military and economies. We have a trait because of that (Teacher of the World). Our expert advisors are seen as patronising asholes by the natives, but are accepted because they are good at the job.
The difference being that we send them to willing nations, nations that wanted our expertise and wanted us to send them advisors. Most of these natives are going to be anything but willing.

Just remember that the Nohon already have a lock on much of the Pacific Islands and the Sketch, Vortuga, Hespranxer, and the remnants of the Halvyni have much of the major islands in SEA.

Also that after you strangled their trade the Maharatha seem increasingly likely to capitulate to the Sketch.
So what you're saying is that we have more of a reason to kick the Nohon as hard as we can?

Because now they drop prizes like colonies and such?

Man, and you were making me think ToE was a bad thing. :V

Wonder if we could prevent their capitulation?

Back