[X] Plan Diplomacy and Looking for Tech-support
-[X] What Will You Do?
--[X] Inform the Military, Lord Malarn, and the Marquis about the Butcher. The Military is the most likely group to get enough Harpoons to matter. Lord Malarn is responsible for Mirn and could help you get into contact with the Marquis of Tessen. The Marquis is your best bet for evacuating cities, reducing the number of possible targets and casualties.
Success.

-[X][Faith] Establish Soup-Kitchens (Bulk)(Mirn) - (3/3 Turns Complete)
Needed: 20 Rolled: 94 + 20 = 114 Artificial Critical Success!
+2 Turns of Progress!
Success!
No Extra Goodwill.

-[X][Diplomacy] High-End Introduction - (Marquis of Tessen)) - (1/1 Turns Complete)
--[X] 6FF
Needed: 35 Rolled: 8 + 36 = 44
Success.

-[X][Martial] Construct A Hangar - (-9 Materials, 1 Goodwill) - (1/3 Turns Complete)
+1 Turns of Progress

-[X][Martial] Train A Militia - (-2 Materials, 6 Goodwill) - (1/1 Turns Complete)
Success

-[X][Learning] Scientific Theory 6/6 Successes)
--[X] 1FF
Needed: 25/45/55 Rolled: 45 + 28 = 73
+3 Successes.
Finished!

-[X][Learning] Flow As We Demand - (Machinery/Hydraulics/Mechanical) - (1/3 Successes)
Needed: 30/45/60 Rolled: 31 + 12 = 43
+1 Success.

-[X][Archeology] Prepare an Expedition - (WO-02) - (House Mirn support: Y) - (2/2 Turns)
Success.
Starts next turn.

-[X][Tree of Knowledge] Living Quarters - Grand - (4/4 Turns Complete)
Success.
Overcrowding Malus Of -2 Negated For Future Turns.

-[X][Tree of Knowledge] Administration Center - (Faith) - (2/2 Turns Complete)
Success.
+1 Faith Action

-[X][Personal action] Too Much To Do - (Retrace The Steps. - (Tech-Scouts) - (???/??? Turns Complete))
Needed: 150 Rolled: 92 + 100 = 192
The Workshop Discovered!
Secret DC Discovered: 190!
Secret DC Met!
Additional Actions Unlocked!

-[X][Personal action] Unity Of Purpose - (3/3 Turns Complete)
Needed: 30 To succeed, 35 to not anger Base, 70 to not anger both Base and Unionists, Rolled: 11 + 100 = 111
Success On All Three!

-[X] Merchants - (All Are Free Actions)
--[X] Buying Goods In Bulk - (Expanded Hospice)

Success

-[X] The Union Of Herbalists - (1 Free Action)
--[X] Study Sessions - (-3 Materials) - (4/8 Turns Complete)
+1 Turn Progress

-[X] Stupendously Scholastic Scholars of Science - (1 Free Action)
--[X] Because of SCIENCE! - (Scientific Theory) - (-4 Materials) - (1/1 Turns Turns Complete)
Success.

Further Rolls:

Unknown:
House Tessen: 94 See Turn 26
House Ulatarn: 98 See Turn 26
Forge-Clan Vanar: 43 See Turn 26
Military: 59 See Turn 26
Butcher: 94 See Turn 26

Artifacts:

2d3 Mundane = 2
2d2 Mundane+ = 3

Piety:
1d6 = 5% Piety reduction

Hidden:
Empire Knights 82 + 250 = 332 vs. 302 = 2 + 300 Flood Knights Swarm = EMPIRE WIN! 142 Flood Knights Destroyed, x10 Due To Winning; 1142. Flood Knights (As Good As, Only 4 Survivors) Destroyed! See Turn 26.
Fighting Retreat 30 + 40 = 70 vs. 298 = 98 + 200 The Flood = The Flood Overtakes Many.
FCK'N RUN! : Needed: 65 Rolled: 99
Casualties: 1 - 1 = 0 [LUCKY ESCAPE! AGAIN!]

Faithful:
Needed: 23 Rolled: 36
Success!
+1 Faithful

Income:
12d4+11 = 35 + 11 = 43

The update will be online on the 08.09.20 at 17:00 CET.

Rumor Mill Turn 26
Rumors:

What, And I Cannot Stress This Enough, THE FUCK!
Okay. Okay! This is fine. There is nothing to worry about, with there being, you know, OUR WORST NIGHTMARE EXISTING IN STARLIGHT! Seriously, what the fuck did they think was going to happen? Oh, I will activate that funky technological thingy; it will help against the Empire! NO! You do not fuck around with ancient technology unless you understand what it does! And now we have to deal with over 3 MILLION PEOPLE having their souls ripped out, being forcibly transformed into mindless drones (not even slaves that could be freed!), and sent against our forces in an endless tide. How could the Starlight Council even consider this atrocity? Gods, help those poor souls, and protect our soldiers!

Welp, Better Pack Up The Whole Town.
Once more, does the Necropoli show why it had taken Slatnan four centuries stabilizing the region. Because, once more, it throws a Titan our way. Not just a Behemoth, which could be killed by a good stabbing, but a Dreadnought. Yes, you heard me right, a DREADNOUGHT, which means that there will probably be an increase in taxes to purchase Harpoons and get Mercenaries into the battle. At the very least, we have enough warning thanks to the Pilgrims. And their Mutated, I guess.

Vanar Forge Clan Finishes Integration Of Clan Feer.
It had taken over three years, but the negotiations between Clan Vanar and Clan Feuer have officially ended, in the integration of Clan Feuer into Clan Vanar. Numerous breeding contracts have been officialized; members left for each other's strongholds, the installation of new technologies, and the exchange of secrets have started. Things should be interesting for the wider Empire now, as Clan Feuer (now Vanar-Feer) produces the best Data-Smiths.

Spy-Network:

The Church Of Eden looks down on you with disdain, which worsened after successfully campaigning for Mutated-Rights. The only saving grace is that they think you of no consequence, your low numbers deterring them from taking any overt actions. The lower members have started to incorporate Anti-Pilgrim sentiments in their sermons, which, as far as you can tell, are sanctioned by the higher clergy. Nothing changed.

The Common People are very concerned about the outer villages being evacuated, and many are starting to prepare for evacuation to the bigger city's. The most pressing matter (besides the Titan) is a lack of sanitation, though expanded sewers are currently being constructed. Estimates say they will be finished in one to two years.

The Mutated breathe freely for the first time in a long while amongst the masses of man. Sure, they are still not allowed to visit or buy in many of the same places as humans do, but they won't be beaten for being near one for more than a few minutes. Some have started to own businesses outside the slums. They do not appear to be concerned about the evacuations.

*Angry/Happy Qm Noises*

*Angry/Happy Qm Noises*

Ha

Hidden:
Empire Knights 82 + 250 = 332 vs. 302 = 2 + 300 Flood Knights Swarm = EMPIRE WIN! 142 Flood Knights Destroyed, x10 Due To Winning; 1142. Flood Knights (As Good As, Only 4 Survivors) Destroyed! See Turn 26.
Fighting Retreat 30 + 40 = 70 vs. 298 = 98 + 200 The Flood = The Flood Overtakes Many.

Unknown:

Last edited:
The Common People are very concerned about the outer villages being evacuated, and many are starting to prepare for evacuation to the bigger city's. The most pressing matter (besides the Titan) is a lack of sanitation, though expanded sewers are currently being constructed. Estimates say they will be finished in one to two years.

The Mutated breathe freely for the first time in a long while amongst the masses of man. Sure, they are still not allowed to visit or buy in many of the same places as humans do, but they won't be beaten for being near one for more than a few minutes. Some have started to own businesses outside the slums. They do not appear to be concerned about the evacuations.
Building the Poor House just got a bit more important, since the outlying villages are evacuating to the cities, which is going to add stress to the sanitation problem. We might want to foot the bill for medical treatment as well to prevent a plague from spreading quickly in the cramped conditions.

I'm a bit worried about the Mutated not being concerned about the evacuations though. If they don't really live in the outlying villages, it would make sense, but the influx of a large amount of highly stressed people into cramped conditions will causes tensions that could make things worse for them very quickly. Whether it's a minor "why do the mutated get houses for themselves while my family is forced to share with two others?" or a much more serious "why don't we try and draw away the butcher by baiting it with mutated?" they could easily turned on by desperate people. Especially since the elites are either apathetic or actively malicious.

We'll be getting another faith action this upcoming turn right? I'd like to use it on [ ] Establish A Poor-House. The Church of Eden is looking to demolish some slums to make another church, so we could easily gain a good number of followers for providing a place for them to stay after their homes were destroyed. Not to mention the affect on people's perception of us versus the Church of Eden, one destroy your homes, the other provides a new one when you need it.
The slums they intend to demolish are in another city, not much we can do about that.
Interesting. Where is Ularn? A nearby city or is it further away?
1. A nearby city. Its in the same region as Mirn, Tessen.

-[X][Personal action] Too Much To Do - (Retrace The Steps. - (Tech-Scouts) - (???/??? Turns Complete))
Needed: 150 Rolled: 92 + 100 = 192
The Workshop Discovered!
Secret DC Discovered: 190!
Secret DC Met!
Additional Actions Unlocked!
A DC of 150.:o
That's... wow. Despite the fact that the Butcher can't have come from too far into the city and the fact that it must have left an obvious trail.

...It's because of the modifications for combat, isn't it? The Butcher got turned into a weapon during/shortly after the Fall and its controllers back then probably did that in a base that was protected by similar potent technology. Ugh, I should have expected something like this, after it was mentioned that the Butcher was modded for combat.

Unknown:
Good dice rolls for the local nobles but that the Butcher rolled that high...

Piety:
1d6 = 5% Piety reduction
Shouldn't this be reduced by 2% because of Martyris' trait and our Daycare?

Hidden:
Oh no, this was a Halo crossover all along! Soon there will be a Gravemind.:V

At least our scouts can perfect their roadrunner impression.

What, And I Cannot Stress This Enough, THE FUCK!
Okay. Okay! This is fine. There is nothing to worry about, with there being, you know, OUR WORST NIGHTMARE EXISTING IN STARLIGHT! Seriously, what the fuck did they think was going to happen? Oh, I will activate that funky technological thingy; it will help against the Empire! NO! You do not fuck around with ancient technology unless you understand what it does! And now we have to deal with over 3 MILLION PEOPLE having their souls ripped out, being forcibly transformed into mindless drones (not even slaves that could be freed!), and sent against our forces in an endless tide. How could the Starlight Council even consider this atrocity? Gods, help those poor souls, and protect our soldiers!
Yeah, sounds like the technological version of a zombie plague.

Welp, Better Pack Up The Whole Town.
Once more, does the Necropoli show why it had taken Slatnan four centuries stabilizing the region. Because, once more, it throws a Titan our way. Not just a Behemoth, which could be killed by a good stabbing, but a Dreadnought. Yes, you heard me right, a DREADNOUGHT, which means that there will probably be an increase in taxes to purchase Harpoons and get Mercenaries into the battle. At the very least, we have enough warning thanks to the Pilgrims. And their Mutated, I guess.
Yay, good PR for the Mutated.

It had taken over three years, but the negotiations between Clan Vanar and Clan Feuer have officially ended, in the integration of Clan Feuer into Clan Vanar. Numerous breeding contracts have been officialized; members left for each other's strongholds, the installation of new technologies, and the exchange of secrets have started. Things should be interesting for the wider Empire now, as Clan Feuer (now Vanar-Feer) produces the best Data-Smiths.
They rolled the dice too, so it sounds like they will also get involved with the Butcher. I suspect they will also be very interested if we repair our Knight, proofing that we have the necessary knowhow.

The Church Of Eden looks down on you with disdain, which worsened after successfully campaigning for Mutated-Rights. The only saving grace is that they think you of no consequence, your low numbers deterring them from taking any overt actions. The lower members have started to incorporate Anti-Pilgrim sentiments in their sermons, which, as far as you can tell, are sanctioned by the higher clergy. Nothing changed.

*Angry/Happy Qm Noises*
Not much changed. The Church is peaceful for now but will escalate if we do the wedding. The Common People are going to need more space.
The Mutated can now open their own shops outside of the slums, huh? Things do improve. Not sure why they aren't concerned about the evacuations though. Could be that they expect the refugees to keep their distance because of the prejudices against Mutated. Or more depressingly, they already are used to cramped living conditions.

The slums they intend to demolish are in another city, not much we can do about that.
Ah, once we've proven it can work in Mirn, I expect we'll get the option to make one in a different city like we can with the hospice. Still, with the outlying villages evacuating to the cities, there is still a need for housing the poor in Mirn.
Yeah, sounds like the technological version of a zombie plague.
Less zombies and more Mass Effect husks it sounds like.

[Canon] - (Must Read) - Honor and Glory Pt.1
AN: @HeroCooky, here is that big Knight fight omake I mentioned a couple of months ago. It's about a Paladin Pilot during the fighting against Starlight Knights when they did their major offensive. Knight Captain Kryska who pilots the Paladin, Providence, of the Steel Talons Chapter. The Steel Talons have a favorable relationship with the Vanar due to several former Vanar being members and thus are more trusted with more advanced technological clan secrets than other Order by virtue of them being very familiar with Forge clan protocols and being former members. They may have officially renounce their family name to be a Knight, but nepotism is very beneficial for both parties. The Steel Talons have access to more advanced technology for their knights or even a discount on Crusader frames, and the Vanar get a place to dumb sons and daughters that aren't good at forging but want to be Knights.

Honor and Glory Pt.1​

Piloting a Knight is all about concentration.

"Enemy Contacts confirmed, they are moving in fast."

To combine instinct and reflexes with skill and training.

"Maintain formation." "They are right on us! Attack!"

To turn stilted flailing into deadly flowing movement.

"Alpha-3 to support, what is your status?" "Charlie 3 is down-"

Being a skilled fighter is not enough to be a Knight.

"Close Ranks-" "They are chewing us up!"

The mental strength to be calm under pressure and maintain situational awareness is equally as important in battle.

"All units keep up the fire." "Delta stay in formation!"

Prioritizing what is important and what is a distraction can be the difference between life and death.

"This Charlie-2 we NEED Support!"

Thus whilst the battle took a turn for the worst, your mind stays focused on the battle in front of you.

"I'm not gonna make it! I'm Not Gonna Make It! Argh-"

"EVA, ignore all transmissions unless it is a direct transmission." "Affirmative, setting Providence to "Busy"."

With the unnecessary noise muted, you continue to focus on your opponents. Starlight Knights with spear and shield surround you. You managed to keep them at bay with your Greatsword with wide swings that flow together into a deadly dance that prevents their superior numbers from overwhelming you.

The Starlight Knights seems to have run out of patience and decided to charge in all at once. With the Crusader frame, which was what a majority of the Empire Knights have been using, it is a sound attack strategy. With the Paladin, more options becomes available for the pilot to use.

I quickly counter charge the Knight in front of me, the increased speed and power of the Paladin results in you quickly reaching him before his compatriots have a chance to respond, thus for a few seconds it is a 1 on 1 fight. A few seconds is all that is needed.

The Starlight Knight quickly thrusts his spear to create distance, however with the Paladin's head's up display and precise controls, I raised my left hand and caught the incoming spear by its shaft. Something considered impossible to do with previous models as they lack the precision and speed of the Paladin. With the spear caught, I pull the spear in closer and up whilst spinning to the Starlight's right and deliver a pommel strike with my Greatsword directly into it's back, the impact ringed the Knight frame the pilot and most likely deafened the pilot.

I release my hold on his spear to grip my sword with both hands, raised my Greatsword to the sky, and deliver a devastating strike directly at the Knight's shoulder joint. The heavy blade smashes through the thin plating of the joint and embeds itself into the shoulder. With a twist of my arm, I use the sword as a lever to snap off the Knight's arm from its body, before jamming the tip of my sword directly into the pilot's cabin through the hole in its shoulder. A quick twist of the Greatsword's handle, like twisting a wet towel, activates the sword's electric discharge, sending a surge of high voltage electricity directly into the cockpit and frying everything inside it.

I spot 2 of the Knights closing in, too close to get my sword out before they are on top of me, thus I did not bother to retrieve my sword and decided to go on the offense in hand to hand combat. My charge surprised the knights as they hesitated, that hesitation allowed me to close into melee range. The 2nd Knight thrusts his spear which I caught with my left hand and pushed it up before delivering a palm thrust with my right to his gut. The blow stunned the pilot, allowing me to place my arm between his elbow and shoulder and push him to the ground with a sweep of my right leg to further unbalance him. I quickly yank his spear out of his grip and then stab the point directly at the Knight's chest. The spear's tri-edged design allowed it to keep it's point without blunting even when going into the Knight plating.

Once I delivered the killing blow, I quickly turn to my 3rd opponent who decided to attack whilst my back was turned. I quickly caught the spear betweem the Paladin's left armpit and with a spin deliver an elbow strike to the Starlight Knight's chest. I quickly release the spear, place my right hand on his leg and my left hand on his armpit, and lift the Knight using the increase strength of the Paladin's electric servos to my advantage. The Paladin is able to lift the Knight up to the Paladin's waist before slamming him to the ground. With pilot stunned from the fall, I jump on top of the Knight and stomp on its chest with both of my Paladin's legs, the full weight of the Paladin crushing the Starlight's chest and the pilot inside.

The 4 other Knights are now much more cautious as they just saw an unarmed Knight kill 2 fully armed Knights in hand-to-hand combat. They present a united front and are slowly advancing in a shield wall. I calmly retrieved my Greatsword and have it resting on top of my shoulder. I raise my left hand and curl my fingers in a "come here" gesture.

One of the Knights charged, and the others quickly follow him. The Knight's spear thrust was smoothly sidestepped, I quickly grab hold of the spear with my left hand and then pull him forward. The Paladin's strength causes the Starlight knight to overextend and with a sweep of the leg, causes him to lose his balance and fall face first. A fall like that is very serious in Knight combat as the pilot could get bounced around inside even if the cockpit is properly reinforced with shock absorbers, the pilot still has its own inertia to deal with and could result in the pilot banging his head on the controls. Falling face first is still an incredibly painful especially from inside a Knight frame.

With him momentarily stunned, I focus on the other 3 Knights remaining. I activate one of Providence's hidden weapon, a Bola thrower, hidden in it's left forearm. With a left hook throw, the Knight's forearm pops open an a second skeletal hinged arm throws a steel bola that entangles the legs of the closest Knight. With its legs bound by steel cables it quickly lost balance and falls to the ground, it was able to break its fall by extending its shield arm thus, I don't think it will take long for it to be free.

With half of the Knights temporarily out of action a 2 v 1 fight is much more manageable. The 3rd Knight thrusts a spear, a sidestep to the right into a two-handed swing from the shoulder slams into his shield. I quickly close the distance and bring my cross guard up to smash into the Knight's face. With the Knight momentarily stunned, I grabbed his spear before giving a front heel kick to his abdomen. The blow pushes the knight back and away but the spear is still in my hand.

The 4th Knight charges while I am still recovering from the kick. I let go of my captured spear and Greatsword and have my Knight do a backwards roll. The gyroscopic cockpit makes rolling in a Knight disorientating but this maneuver allowed my Paladin to dodge a potentially deadly attack. With the roll complete and the Paladin's feet firmly on solid ground I charged at the 4th Knight. He retaliates with another thrust followed by a shield bash. Another spear grab with my right arm holds it in place while my left arm smashes the Knight's elbow. The blow overextended the joint and breaks it, with the spear arm broken I release my hold on it and duck under the bash. My hands grabbed hold of his legs and pulled them right from under him, toppling him over. A quick stomp on the chest caved it in.

The 2nd Knight manages to free himself from the Bola and the 3rd Knight has recovered from the heel kick and has retrieved his spear. Thankfully the 1st Knight seemed to still be down so I return my focus to the two that are still standing. I take the spear from my most recent kill and enter a guard stance. I wasn't as proficient with a spear as I was with a great sword but it will have to do.

Luckily I didn't need to fight as a Bolt suddenly pierces one of the knights in the chest and killing its pilot. The last remaining knight looked at the direction where the arrow came from which gave me the opening I need to activate the Paladin's Skyfire rocket pack and rocket charged directly at the knight. I swiftly close the distance and was inside its guard before he has a chance to fight back. I thrust my captured spear into his chest and the spear was able to penetrate through to the other side before the my Paladin slammed into it and toppling the both of us over. After sliding to a stop, I calmly raise the Paladin back to its feet and go to retrieve my Greatsword, Steel Breaker, before making sure all of the downed Knight's are truly dead.

"Knight Captain, I see you are unharmed."

Your squire approached you in his Crusader Knight named Ambriel, equipped with Crossbow and Shield with an Arming Sword as a sidearm in case an enemy engages him in melee combat. "Ambriel, what is the situation?" He is a capable squire, a bit timid but his heart is in the right place. You holster your sword and made a trek back to the base with your squire following right behind you.

"We managed to defeat the all of the assaulting Knights and are currently clearing the base of enemy infantry. However the walls have sustained heavy damage and will most likely not protect us from another assault. There have been reports from the other FOBs that they are under heavy attack as well. A general retreat order has been issued on all frequencies and everyone is currently in the process of evacuating."

"Good, what of Vindicator and Stalwart?" another Knight and Squire pair that are your assigned to your squad.

"Their Knights are moderately damaged in the fighting and is currently undergoing repairs so they themselves are currently helping with the evacuation."

"Can you still fight?"

"Always, ma'am."

"Excellent, there is still work to be done."

---------
AN: omg this took forever. Not even sure if I did a good job on the fight scenes and the ending was pretty lack luster cause I just wanted this over and done with.

I picture Knights to be incredibly skilled and have a lot of time to battle and practice with their machines. Thus I portrayed the fight to be much more technical with a lot of moves meant to end a fight quickly. The increased power Paladin and the skill of the Pilot, (All Paladin pilots are veterans but not all veterans are Paladin Pilots yet) overpower the Starlit knights whose Knight frames are not up to par than the ones produced by the Empire and Vanar clan.

While the Paladin is outnumbered, each Paladin has a varied load out that can be customized by its user. From a Bola Launcher in the arm that can be thrown in a second, to the Skyfire Jet Pack that can be used for long distance jumps or straight forward charges (like Reinhardt's charge from Overwatch), to a Stimulant module I mentioned in the post about the Paladin only available to Knight's that high ranking Knights that have very strong willpower as the Stimulants are extremely powerful and can keep a Paladin fighting constantly for hours, numb pain, increase reflexes and aggression, and stimulates the muscles so that more of them are used. Basically Starcraft's Stimpack on a Paladin which are only exclusive to high ranking Knight pilots with a whole lot of skill.

The drawback for this Stimulant module is that older Knights are in danger of getting a heart attack when activated, there is a chance the user loses control and goes on a Berserker rage, and after the stimulants run their course the muscles will get sore for the heavy exertion and the pilot would suffer a crash similar to what happens after drinking a bottle of expresso. That is why this module is only limited to those that can handle its drawbacks and with this module experienced Knights become gods of war which many Knight pilot's considered to be worth the risks.

Also the Squire and Knight dynamic is similar to how the Jedi train with Masters and Padawans. Not all Knight Orders do this but it seems like a good fit.If you have any questions, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to explain my reasoning.

Last edited:
I am planning on making another omake, this time a more chill worldbuilding type that I think is more up my alley. This time about the Vanar teaching the Vanar Feer how they make their EVA (Electronic Vanar Assistant) Knight Core (which was briefly mentioned in my previous omake about the Paladin) so if you would please answer a few questions.

1) Can you tell me more about the Feer clan and what they are like? What is the main product that they make and etc?
2) The Core is both the generator and a computer right? not a computer attached to a generator? (this is just to make sure I got it right)
3) What powers a Core? is it a battery or a cold fusion power plant or do I just make something up?

I am planning on making another omake, this time a more chill worldbuilding type that I think is more up my alley. This time about the Vanar teaching the Vanar Feer how they make their EVA (Electronic Vanar Assistant) Knight Core (which was briefly mentioned in my previous omake about the Paladin) so if you would please answer a few questions.

1) Can you tell me more about the Feer clan and what they are like? What is the main product that they make and etc?
2) The Core is both the generator and a computer right? not a computer attached to a generator? (this is just to make sure I got it right)
3) What powers a Core? is it a battery or a cold fusion power plant or do I just make something up?
1. The Veer Forge-Clan had had bad luck since its beginning. Other Clans have ancient machines that produce marvels, give them an advantage over others, or ignore limitations some Clans face. They had none of that. Sure, they can manufacture electronics, repair Knights if given replacement parts, or build new high-end technologies if given the blueprints, but they can't make those things themselves. They always had to rely on other Forge-Clans to supply them with those things, which put their status as a Forge-Clan in jeopardy and made them very bitter. And since they could not produce materials, they decided to focus on other things, namely Data manipulation. Give a 12-year old of theirs a drone, and the odds are that they can debug it or write a new program for it within a month. A seasoned Data-Smith of theirs would be able to hack into a machine mid-fight and shut it down, but the very best of Feer Data-Smiths are the real shiners of this Clan. They can manipulate Cores. Not rewrite them, but erase errors, tweak settings, and incorporate new systems in months, without using computers to brute-force a solution for years.

2. Yes, the Core is both a generator and a computer.

3. No-one knows for sure, the only thing known is that you fuel them with black water, or "Oil" as the Forge-Clans call it, and they work. And Forgers have no idea, as nothing comes out of a Core, not even smoke (unless damaged). There is a story about a Paragon of Engineering who deciphered ancient technologies with ease, decided to study a Core, and shut himself away to focus on his research. They found his corpse years later, with thousands of pages everywhere with only one phrase on it in perfect copy: "It Rustles."

No one tried since.

Back