Much less. 4 Turns in one is the maximum.
Hmm, that runs into the problem of the extra Action being only 1 Turn... Can we use Sandcrete on Contractual Expansion?

If not I might do Engine Assembly over 2 Turns and Simple Hospital in 1 Turn with a Contractor and Sandcrete.

[] Coordinate with the Herbalists, the Military, the Bureau For Imperial Civilian Logistics, the Followers of Light, and whoever else is relevant. Check all Pilgrim buildings for damage and if possible open them to everyone that needs shelter, from the Poor Houses to the school. Open the Medical Wing of the Tree (including doctors and any medicine like Bloodbark) to the public for the treatment of any wounded that need time to recover but aren't in danger of dying, to reduce the pressure on the hospitals in the cities. Offer the DOD and the Cutters to transport disaster relief into the region or to buy anything that's needed. Send any military unit that isn't busy to the cities to help with the clean-up or to search for survivors.

[] Plan Disaster Relief
-[][Black Box] (Hololithic Cube) to (Gutted Core)
-[][Faith] Build Upon A 'Consensual' - (Mirn) - (2/3 Turns Complete)
-[][Faith] Healing For All! - (0/1 Turns Complete) - (7 Materials)
-[][Diplomacy] New Settlement, Who Dis? - (5/6 Turns Complete)
-[][Martial] Build An Armory - (Grand) - (1/4 Turns Complete)
--[] Station the Wall unit at the Mirn Consensual
-[][Learning] Learning To Take Census Pt.1 - (All Psychology) - (10/14 Successes)
--[] [PD], [DoD], [In The Name Of Profit], (1 [SC] +12, Scientific Theory +15, Black Box +5, +6 FF)=+38
--[] -
-[][Learning] Illness Of The Mind - (Psychology)- (2/15 Successes)- (Uses: Somnia In Sempiternum +20 to Advanced Psychology)
--[] (Scientific Theory +15, Black Box +5, +6 FF)=+26
--[] "Flight Related Sicknesses And Cures" Manual +20 to Advanced Psychology
-[][Learning] Lend A Hand, Arm, And Leg - Part 1 - (All Mechanics/All Electronics) - (Uses: Dilapidated Prosthetic) - (0/4 Successes)
--[] (1 [ENGI] +14, Scientific Theory +15, Electronics Workshop +20)=+49
--[] (Chainsword +5 to Common Mechanical, Low-Grade Conductor +5 to Electronics, Warped Cuircuits +20 to Advanced Electronics)=+30
-[][Archeology] Scout The Eastern Outskirts - (0/1 Turns Complete)
--[] +1 FF
-[][Tree of Knowledge] Laboratories - Grand - (1/5 Turns Complete)
-[][Tree of Knowledge] Library - (Basic) - (0/6 Turns Complete) - (-26.50 Materials)
-[][Holdings] Engine Assembly - (0/7 Turns Complete) - (-35 Materials)
--[] Hire Contractors - (*3) - (-7 Materials *3=-21 Materials)
-[][Holdings: One-Turn] Contractual Expansion - (0/2 Turns Complete) - (Upkeep: 9 Materials, Tax Income: 12 Materials) - [Sandcrete](-12.5 Materials)
--[] Housing Quality: Adequate
-[][Aria action] Too Much To Do-(Ready Immediate Aid For (Mirn/Ularn/Jokvi/Tessen/Strul/Zulmni) - (0/1 Turns Complete) - (-24.25 Materials *6=-145.5 Materials))
-[][Martyris action] Too Much To Do - (High-End Introduction - (Followers of Light)) - (0/1 Turns Complete)
-[][Martyris action] Too Much To Do - (Assemble The Theorists! - (Common Metallurgy) - (1/3 Successes)
--[] (Scientific Theory +15, Adjudicator +50, +4 FF)=+69
--[] Samples Of Neuionum +50 to Pioneer Metallurgy

-[] Merchants - (All Are Free Actions)
--[] Take Out A Flat Loan - (150 Materials loaned for four turns at 5% interest)
--[] Backroom Deals - (Black Box)
-[] The Adventurer Guild - (1 Action)
--[] Investigate - (-3 Materials)
---[] The "noises" some Mutated complain about. Mutated Adventurers preferred, in case it's something that's outside the human hearing spectrum.
-[] The Union Of Herbalists - (Choose 1 Action)
-[]-
-[] Stupendously Scholastic Scholars of Science - (1 Action)
--[] In The Name Of Profit - (Learning To Take Census Pt.1) - (0/1 Turns Complete) - (-15 Materials)
-[] Forge Clan Vanar-Feer - (1 Action Locked)
--[] Engineers Galore - (Engineer) - (3/6 Turns Complete) - (-15 Materials)
-[] The Bureau For Imperial Civilian Logistics - (1 Action)
--[] -

Costs: 7 Materials+ 26.50 Materials+ 35 Materials+ 21 Materials+ 12.5 Materials+ 145.5 Materials+ 3 Materials+ 15 Materials+ 15 Materials= 280.5 Materials
Remaining budget: 150.82 Materials + 150 Materials - 280.5 Materials= 20.32 Materials

Edit: OK, this should be the finished plan.
I added the second Holding Action + 3 Contractors to get 4 out of 7 Turns done. That needs the loan to be a bit bigger (150 Materials) but that can be repaid with a bit more than 35 Materials each over 4 Turns, which gets covered by the extra income from the engine assembly.

We should do a survey soon though because there is only 1 other mine to upgrade. We might be able to boost the desalination basins and the print shop though. Drown everyone in cheap smut!:drevil:

I also played around a bit with the Artefacts so we finish the census and the theories. The other Learning projects should also get 1 or even 2 Successes.
Oh, and I finished a spreadsheet for airship design. Got some strange numbers when I tried to model the First Son design though.:confused:

Last edited:
Technically? Yes.
Story wise? Akwardly.

That Action is more negotiation than building, but... you could?
Story-wise, it could be justified with all other business contracts concerning new buildings being put on hold, because of the quake. Everything needs to be checked and cleaned up before they can start rebuilding. Contractual Expansion would make for good training for the boom the construction companies will have to deal with in a few Turns.

Or maybe some Pilgrims recruited a few refugees and started constructing buildings on their own with Sandcrete because of the quake. The already existing construction companies could be worried about competitors developing out of that so they jumped on the contract while they can't work anywhere else anyway.

"I can flirt!" Chiedi retorted, offended. She turned away when Wiljem raised an eyebrow at her, the 'really?' unspoken between them. "I heard people flirt," she amended. Wiljem shook his head in exasperation.
Something funny about this, Wiljem has never flirted either nor has he had a romantic relationship so far. So it's kind of like the pot calling the kettle black :V

Also gonna vote now since I think I'll forget otherwise.

[X] Plan Disaster Relief

[X] Coordinate with the Herbalists, the Military, the Bureau For Imperial Civilian Logistics, the Followers of Light, and whoever else is relevant. Check all Pilgrim buildings for damage and if possible open them to everyone that needs shelter, from the Poor Houses to the school. Open the Medical Wing of the Tree (including doctors and any medicine like Bloodbark) to the public for the treatment of any wounded that need time to recover but aren't in danger of dying, to reduce the pressure on the hospitals in the cities. Offer the DOD and the Cutters to transport disaster relief into the region or to buy anything that's needed. Send any military unit that isn't busy to the cities to help with the clean-up or to search for survivors.

[X] Plan Disaster Relief

[X] Coordinate with the Herbalists, the Military, the Bureau For Imperial Civilian Logistics, the Followers of Light, and whoever else is relevant. Check all Pilgrim buildings for damage and if possible open them to everyone that needs shelter, from the Poor Houses to the school. Open the Medical Wing of the Tree (including doctors and any medicine like Bloodbark) to the public for the treatment of any wounded that need time to recover but aren't in danger of dying, to reduce the pressure on the hospitals in the cities. Offer the DOD and the Cutters to transport disaster relief into the region or to buy anything that's needed. Send any military unit that isn't busy to the cities to help with the clean-up or to search for survivors.

[X] Plan Disaster Relief

[X] Plan Disaster Relief

Oh, right. Voting is open.

[X] Plan Disaster Relief
-[X][Black Box] (Hololithic Cube) to (Gutted Core)
-[X][Faith] Build Upon A 'Consensual' - (Mirn) - (2/3 Turns Complete)
-[X][Faith] Healing For All! - (0/1 Turns Complete) - (-7 Materials)
-[X][Diplomacy] New Settlement, Who Dis? - (5/6 Turns Complete)
-[X][Martial] Build An Armory - (Grand) - (1/4 Turns Complete)
--[X] Station the Wall unit at the Mirn Consensual
-[X][Learning] Learning To Take Census Pt.1 - (All Psychology) - (10/14 Successes)
--[X] [PD], [DoD], [In The Name Of Profit], (1 [SC] +12, Scientific Theory +15, Black Box +5, +6 FF)=+38
--[X] -
-[X][Learning] Illness Of The Mind - (Psychology)- (2/15 Successes)- (Uses: Somnia In Sempiternum +20 to Advanced Psychology)
--[X] (Scientific Theory +15, Black Box +5, +6 FF)=+26
--[X] "Flight Related Sicknesses And Cures" Manual +20 to Advanced Psychology
-[X][Learning] Lend A Hand, Arm, And Leg - Part 1 - (All Mechanics/All Electronics) - (Uses: Dilapidated Prosthetic) - (0/4 Successes)
--[X] (1 [ENGI] +14, Scientific Theory +15, Electronics Workshop +20)=+49
--[X] (Chainsword +5 to Common Mechanical, Low-Grade Conductor +5 to Electronics, Warped Cuircuits +20 to Advanced Electronics)=+30
-[X][Archeology] Scout The Eastern Outskirts - (0/1 Turns Complete)
--[X] +1 FF
-[X][Tree of Knowledge] Laboratories - Grand - (1/5 Turns Complete)
-[X][Tree of Knowledge] Library - (Basic) - (0/6 Turns Complete) - (-26.50 Materials)
-[X][Holdings] Engine Assembly - (0/7 Turns Complete) - (-35 Materials)
--[X] Hire Contractors - (*3) - (-7 Materials *3= -21 Materials)
-[X][Holdings: One-Turn] Contractual Expansion - (0/2 Turns Complete) - (Upkeep: 9 Materials, Tax Income: 12 Materials) - [Sandcrete](-12.5 Materials)
--[X] Housing Quality: Adequate
-[X][Aria action] Too Much To Do-(Ready Immediate Aid For (Mirn/Ularn/Jokvi/Tessen/Strul/Zulmni) - (0/1 Turns Complete) - (-24.25 Materials *6= -145.5 Materials))
-[X][Martyris action] Too Much To Do - (High-End Introduction - (Followers of Light)) - (0/1 Turns Complete)
-[X][Martyris action] Too Much To Do - (Assemble The Theorists! - (Common Metallurgy) - (1/3 Successes)
--[X] (Scientific Theory +15, Adjudicator +50, +4 FF)=+69
--[X] Samples Of Neuionum +50 to Pioneer Metallurgy

-[X] Merchants - (All Are Free Actions)
--[X] Take Out A Flat Loan - (150 Materials loaned for four turns at 5% interest)
--[X] Backroom Deals - (Black Box)
-[X] The Adventurer Guild - (1 Action)
--[X] Investigate - (-3 Materials)
---[X] The "noises" some Mutated complain about. Mutated Adventurers preferred, in case it's something that's outside the human hearing spectrum.
-[X] The Union Of Herbalists - (Choose 1 Action)
-[X]-
-[X] Stupendously Scholastic Scholars of Science - (1 Action)
--[X] In The Name Of Profit - (Learning To Take Census Pt.1) - (0/1 Turns Complete) - (-15 Materials)
-[X] Forge Clan Vanar-Feer - (1 Action Locked)
--[X] Engineers Galore - (Engineer) - (3/6 Turns Complete) - (-15 Materials)
-[X] The Bureau For Imperial Civilian Logistics - (1 Action)
--[X] -

Costs: 7 Materials+ 26.50 Materials+ 35 Materials+ 21 Materials+ 12.5 Materials+ 145.5 Materials+ 3 Materials+ 15 Materials+ 15 Materials= 280.5 Materials
Remaining budget: 150.82 Materials + 150 Materials - 280.5 Materials= 20.32 Materials

[X] Plan Disaster Relief

[Canon] - Needle - (Made By Renu)

Made by the talented @Renu.
Dry lips began to break once more, viscous blood barely flowing to plug this new wound, as he heaved himself another arms-length forwards through the sand. The pain in his chest and legs long since drowned out by the screams of his implants telling him to seek fluid intake. He couldn't hear the mechanical voice, nor could he hear anything else at all, dehydration and injuries having taken too much a toll on even him, augmented as he was. Another cast-out arm saw him come against a bunch of rocks barring his way, their smoothed edges burning with the heat of the desert sun high above. Nothing he would have even noticed three days ago, yet it was as unsurmountable as the sky high above. He was too tired to laugh at the absurdity of him being bested by a bunch of rocks, trying with all his mind to fight against the blackness creeping into his vision. He didn't even feel his head hit the sand, unconsciousness taking him.

But he heard a female voice speak up above him in a language he didn't understand.

"Well, shit. You look like death warmed o-"

Last edited:
Someone willing to remind me what Our Graves of Greed, Deep Below were/is? Or is that something that's yet to be revealed...

Someone willing to remind me what Our Graves of Greed, Deep Below were/is? Or is that something that's yet to be revealed...
It's the (yet to be written) Interlude concerning the earthquake and probably what caused it. I'm not sure if we would have gotten that Interlude anyway or if it's caused by us hiring Adventurers to look into the weird "noises" the Mutated heard.
Continued in Interlude: Our Graves Of Greed, Deep Below
I'm not sure why it sounds like the Interlude is set in a desert though.

To be honest with you, I expected something a little bit more sleek. Then again, it perfectly conveys why some people might be concerned with us having this thing.

To be honest with you, I expected something a little bit more sleek.
God, I can't wait for the Turn where I can Lore-Dump all of the info of the Daughter onto the thread.

I planned this stupid ship for six months now, and it's eating me.
I doubt they are going to let us keep those.
You, as in the Pilgrims? Not a chance in hell.
House Dall? One of those, yes... with the implicit understanding that it gets drafted in the case of war, with command defaulting to the Emperor/Military Commander.

That thing looks to clunky and unarmed on top. Plenty of weapons on the sides if they are ones but only one Main Cannon on top. Said cannon is a massive weakpoint for any warship.

Back