Could the Forge Clan be employed to repair and install some of the lighter warship weapons into some of them, or otherwise be commissioned to sell us some weapons that would work?
Yeah, you can buy ballistae from them. (Coilguns or Bright-Lances would cost more than you currently have, and be 40-80 in maintenance alone.) Just write what you want from the weapon and I'll give you a cost estimate.

Yeah, you can buy ballistae from them. (Coilguns or Bright-Lances would cost more than you currently have, and be 40-80 in maintenance alone.) Just write what you want from the weapon and I'll give you a cost estimate.
Are coilguns and bright-lances the weapons that the Warships have? If not, what type of guns are they (I assume we understand them at least somewhat due to being able to jury rig them).

Just write what you want from the weapon and I'll give you a cost estimate.
What about appropiately sized machine guns? The biggest threats an airship is going to have for now are heavy weapons (which we can't do much about) and flying gribbles, so getting some anti-air might be a good choice.

Also we will have to build hangars fit to store the ships either at the Tree or at Norqod.

Last edited:
This find makes the ARO pay for itself the moment we get 1 ship up and running, and we have an incredible bounty of ships to recover and repair. At the end of this we should have the largest Airforce in the world.

Are coilguns and bright-lances the weapons that the Warships have? If not, what type of guns are they (I assume we understand them at least somewhat due to being able to jury rig them).
Rail/Coil-guns, Bright Lances, Plasma Batteries and Rocket Pods (depleted).
What about appropiately sized machine guns? The biggest threats an airship is going to have for now are heavy weapons (which we can't do much about) and flying gribbles, so getting some anti-air might be a good choice.
If you mean automatic crossbows (guns dont exist currently), then we are looking at 105 Materials (+7 maintenance) per crossbow. About 8 of them would cover all angles of any ship above a cutter, allowing you to float them out quickly. Not doing so risks being attacked by something seeking a good human-sized meal and having no weapons to defend yourself with.

This find makes the ARO pay for itself the moment we get 1 ship up and running, and we have an incredible bounty of ships to recover and repair. At the end of this we should have the largest Airforce in the world.
I mean, technically that happened the moment we got the prototype in the air.

And honestly the bounty is large enough I want to talk about possibly trading some of them away ether to get the bulk of them up and running faster or as major favors.

Like, would one of the cargo ships, restored to functionality, be worth enough of a favor with a Forge Clan to get us a Forge Clan outpost?

-
And a second thought about these ships - We should break down some of the destroyed ones and haul them back as salvage. I bet we can get some major bonuses to things like Electricity 2 or such from them as artifacts.

Last edited:
If you give them enough Suspendium for a few years of operation? Fuckers would build a District on their purse.
Would they be willing to enter into semi-speculative deals? Help now in exchange for hulls later? I would not mind at all committing to restoring and selling some of the airships in the future for the assistance we need to get Suspendium now.

Like those coil guns and bright lances we cannot afford... It would be interesting to sign a deal where we get one of the Line ships up and running with Forge Clan assistance, but under the terms that if we don't get a second up and running and sent to them within X turns the ship, and the guns mounted on it, go to the forge clan.

We are stretched far enough with our mandate that I sorta want to get the Forge Clan tied in as semi-allies with concrete deals. This will likely mean giving them some REALLY choice things like potentially airships, but we NEED to meet our quota. Selling them an airship to get 2 airships online (one of which we sell to the Forge Clan) is a good deal in my book.

It all depends on how much will an expedition gets once the path is complete. I think it will reach the medium size but I'm not sure. So we could wait on any airship deals to see if we can get a stronger negotiation position.

Would they be willing to enter into semi-speculative deals? Help now in exchange for hulls later? I would not mind at all committing to restoring and selling some of the airships in the future for the assistance we need to get Suspendium now.

Like those coil guns and bright lances we cannot afford... It would be interesting to sign a deal where we get one of the Line ships up and running with Forge Clan assistance, but under the terms that if we don't get a second up and running and sent to them within X turns the ship, and the guns mounted on it, go to the forge clan.

We are stretched far enough with our mandate that I sorta want to get the Forge Clan tied in as semi-allies with concrete deals. This will likely mean giving them some REALLY choice things like potentially airships, but we NEED to meet our quota. Selling them an airship to get 2 airships online (one of which we sell to the Forge Clan) is a good deal in my book.
Yes, any Forge-Clan would be more than happy to speculate on that deal. Though getting even one ship into the air will require years of study to understand how they utilize suspendium and what parts do what to propel it. Then you will look at another few years to gather enough suspendium and repairs to stop said ship from falling apart, then repeat the whole thing.

@HeroCooky How much suspendium will an expedition get us once the path is complete? This mainly so we can know if we will be able to meet the quota on our own.

Also does the comission from the Forge-Clans stack with our own upgrade or is it the same upgrade but from a different source?

@HeroCooky How much suspendium will an expedition get us once the path is complete? This mainly so we can know if we will be able to meet the quota on our own.

Also does the comission from the Forge-Clans stack with our own upgrade or is it the same upgrade but from a different source?
It is 1 Medium 1 Large Shard per expedition.

And the Forge-Clan option is the same, but cheapens the expedition by 45 materials.

Last edited:
For reference, here is the chart

Conversion:
24 (Tiny) - 1 (Small)
20 (Small) - 1 (Medium)
16 (Medium) - 1 (Large)
12 (Large) - 1 (Big)
8 (Big) - 1 (Gigantic)
4 (Gigantic) - 1 (Titanic)
(These are not to be seen as indicative of the actual size, merely their mechanical representation and conversion therein.)

Size (Mainly for visualization, do not see it as absolute law):
Tiny = Index Finger
Small = Human Head
Medium = Large Chest
Large = Car
Big = HGV (Truck/Heavy Goods Vehicle)
Gigantic = House
Titanic = High-Rise

Here is the plan that won for the deal
[] Plan "The ARO of Progress"
- [] Sell: Proof of Concept, All Current and Future Research, An Impossible Increase in Quota, Massive Reduction in Delivery Time (+10 points)
- [] Buy: Artifact Reclamation Order (-12 points)

And that means we must deliver 1 medium shard in 8 turns (from the deal, should be 7 after turn 37), followed by 1 large every 4 turns.

At least as I understand it. The 1 medium and 8 turns was locked in regardless of what was in the deal.

3 turns for 1 medium.
Looking back I missed this. Why did the initial quota drop to 4 turns? I thought that was locked in at 1 medium in 8 turns (now 7) before the deal.

Last edited:
Yes, and once the path is done we can get one 1 large by sending an expedition. So we can meet the quota by locking archeology actions for a bit.
I want to see if we can manage to get 1 large shard to sit on in case of a failed expedition. The cost of failure to deliver is our main character's life. I want to, if at all possible, have a buffer in case of bad rolls. I believe to get this we will have to spend some of our flexible actions on shard expeditions. Still, I will rest much easier if we are sitting on 2 large shards in 11 turns.

I wonder if we could commission a drilling machine from the Forge Clans and bore what would essentially be a subway tunnel to directly under the Suspendium crystals? I mean, we wouldn't nessicarily have a literal subway, but in theory we could bore a path and simply walk safe in the knowledge that we are not walking through the forest.

I wonder if we could commission a drilling machine from the Forge Clans and bore what would essentially be a subway tunnel to directly under the Suspendium crystals? I mean, we wouldn't nessicarily have a literal subway, but in theory we could bore a path and simply walk safe in the knowledge that we are not walking through the forest.
You are, in fact, using/digging tunnels for parts of the way to the CG. The problem with what you are suggesting is that such heavy machinery would be noticable via seismic means, attracting Mutants and Machines to it.

What I don't get is why Insec would get mad at us for the usual slapfight with the COE. At this point it's old news, unless our spies managed to trip over some of their spies and disrupt some sort of operation.

That, or they found out about the berth.

Last edited:
I think their reaction is unrelated to CoE and QM just wanted to convey that they found out something big before it is revealed, maybe it is the same thing that we discovered from the criminal organizations.

Back