Oh, forgot to mention, the Glossary should be functional now. If someone has any ideas on what to add/remove, I am open to criticism.

im curious,we have the theorical knowledge of how to fabric the steam engines,but lack the manufacturing capabilities

@HeroCooky would be doable to comission de construction of engines to third parties?

i think our excellent designs,combined with the forge clans manufacturing would be of higher quality that if we built them ourselves
albeit,our main goal should be comissioning the steam engines and machines to produce more steam engines,on our own

And the Empire has overextended itself thrice already, which made the rebelling/seceded territory a perfect target for the next ruler, or the current one. Thats why the current Emperor founded 5 Chapters in Starlight, they tend to keep the peace. Or painfully enforce it until the propaganda of the InSec starts working.
That sounds ridiculously expensive. Especially if they have to rebuild the conquered areas, on top of buying several Chapters worth of Knights.

With the world being hostile to infrastructure and generally desert the solution is likely going to look a lot more like a tractor pulling several trailers full of people and stuff than a train on tracks. The tractor has traction issues and so can't pull as large of loads nor go particularly fast, but benefits from not having to worry about if an acid mouth mutant wandered through and chewed your rails or if some robot abomination decided to borrow a stretch to perform repairs.
It depends on what material gets used for the train tracks. Short-range train connections ordered by local lords would probably use iron/steel tracks and require patroles to keep them safe.

The Empire, on the other hand, could get some super material like Sandcrete from the Forge-Clans to make the tracks out of. A variant of the stuff was used to create the Wall inside of the Forest of Rust, and that thing survived 1000 years with all kinds of monsters nearby, relatively intact.

That sounds ridiculously expensive. Especially if they have to rebuild the conquered areas, on top of buying several Chapters worth of Knights.

It depends on what material gets used for the train tracks. Short-range train connections ordered by local lords would probably use iron/steel tracks and require patroles to keep them safe.

The Empire, on the other hand, could get some super material like Sandcrete from the Forge-Clans to make the tracks out of. A variant of the stuff was used to create the Wall inside of the Forest of Rust, and that thing survived 1000 years with all kinds of monsters nearby, relatively intact.
You know, if we got fancy I bet we could make raised sandcreat monorails. Rather than use a metal rail you use a concrete beam, or in this case sandcrete.

Up away from most threats and you can ignore a whole lot of potential monsters on the ground.

im curious,we have the theorical knowledge of how to fabric the steam engines,but lack the manufacturing capabilities

@HeroCooky would be doable to comission de construction of engines to third parties?

i think our excellent designs,combined with the forge clans manufacturing would be of higher quality that if we built them ourselves
albeit,our main goal should be comissioning the steam engines and machines to produce more steam engines,on our own
The Forge-Clans would look at you funny if you do try that. Cause you would actually be paying more than if you did it on your own. And third party manufacturers would only buy the rights for a monopoly from you. Some would be willing to do a non-exclusive partnership, but you'd need to search for them.

Adhoc vote count started by HeroCooky on Dec 12, 2020 at 10:56 AM, finished with 45 posts and 11 votes.
Smut won!

@Leon12431, @Warmach1ne32, Doctor Elsewhere, please assign any boni within the next three hours.

The actions are:

Infiltrate Part 1 - (Criminal Organisations) - (DC 20, rolled with +15)
Crystal Shard Unlocked - (DC 60/100/140 rolled with +25)
To Melt and Pour - (DC 25/35/45 rolled with +55)
Infiltrate Part 2 - (Church of Eden) - (DC 45 rolled with +46)
Printing Money - Smut With Penny Dreadfuls - (DC 10 rolled with +30)

Last edited:
I don't think I have bonuses to give? they're all crossed out on the Omake Boni list.

Huh, well, Looks like we're going to find out what happens if we go into debt.

We're spending ~20 more materials than we have in storage, but our minimum income is ~50, so we won't be in debt, we just won't be able to pay upfront for something. Hopefully.

Last edited:
I am not really interested in placing make bonuses on anything at the moment. I will let you know if I find something that I want to place my points on.

Finally!

I need 5 1d100 for your Actions with a DC of:
20, rolled with +15
60/100/140 rolled with +25
25/35/45 rolled with +55
45 rolled with +46
10 rolled with +30

The first failure is re-rolled
All others have a DC of 50 for Goodwill roll.

Further Rolls:

Piety:

1d6-4

Income:
15d4+3d12+62

The first rolls are taken as official.
I will roll on the 03.11.20 at 17:00 CET if there are no other rolls present.

I'll roll income and piety.
Oops ignore those 2d6 on income. Oh fuck accidentally rolled 12d4 twice. what a shitshow.
Profectus threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: piety Total: 2
2 2
Profectus threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: income Total: 6
3 3 3 3
Profectus threw 12 4-faced dice. Reason: income part 1 Total: 36
2 2 1 1 2 2 4 4 4 4 2 2 4 4 3 3 4 4 3 3 4 4 3 3
Profectus threw 12 4-faced dice. Reason: income part 1 Total: 28
3 3 2 2 3 3 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 1 1 2 2 2 2 1 1
Profectus threw 3 4-faced dice. Reason: income part 2 Total: 7
1 1 4 4 2 2
Profectus threw 3 12-faced dice. Reason: income part 3 Total: 13
4 4 8 8 1 1

Last edited:
[X] Plan Prepare for the Return of Eden with Smut
-[X] Seizing Creating The Means Of Production
--[X] (Jewel Mine) - Turns all D4's into D12's, increases fixed Income by 50% rounded down. Upkeep: 4.4 Materials

-[X][Faith] Build A School - (Big) - (Mirn) - (5/6 Turns Complete)
+1 Turn of Progress.

-[X][Faith] Build The Brothel 'Consensual' - (2/2 Turns Complete)
Success!
COE Damage: 26

-[X][Diplomacy] Infiltrate Part 1 - (Criminal Organisations) - (2/3 Turns Complete)
Needed: 20 Rolled: 67+15 = 82
+1 Turn of Progress.

-[X][Martial] Make A Man Out Of You! - (The Unbroken) - (Tech-Scouts) - (3/3 Turns Complete)
+1 Turn of Progress.
Success!
Tech-Scouts now at: Trained (3/6)

-[X][Learning] Crystal Shard Unlocked - (Common Suspendium Advanced Theory/Pioneer Suspendium Theory/) - (5/3 Successes)
--[X] PD
Needed: 60/100/140 Rolled: 83+25 = 108
+1 Automatic Success.
+2 Successes.
Success!
Suspendium Research Unlocked!

-[X][Learning] To Melt and Pour - (Metallurgy) - (3/2 Successes)
--[X] Molds Of Binoculars, Smelting Guide, SC, SC, 6FF
Needed: 25/35/45 Rolled: 35+55 = 90
+3 Successes.
Success!

-[X][Archeology] Prepare an Expedition - (TW-01) - (2 turns) - (1/2 Turns Complete)
--[X] House Mirn support: N
+1 Turn of Progress.

-[X][Tree] Metalsmiths Abode - (Expanded) - (1/4 Turns Complete)
+1 Turn of Progress.

-[X][Tree] Light It Up! - (4/4 Turns Complete)
+1 Turn of Progress.
Success!
+5% Piety!

-[X][Holding] Prepare Quarters - (3/4 Turns Complete)
+1 Turn of Progress.

-[X][Aria] Train Pilot, TRAIN! - (Aria) -(3/4 Turns Complete)
+1 Turn of Progress.

-[X][Martyris] Too Much To Do - (Infiltrate Part 2 - (Church of Eden)) - (1/2 Turns Complete)
--[X]1FF
Needed: 45 Rolled: 65+46 = 111
Success!
+1 Turn of Progress.

-[X][Martyris] Too Much To Do - Printing Money - Smut With Penny Dreadfuls
Needed: 10 Rolled: 15+30 = 45
Success!
Martyris: "Wait, why does this scene seem familiar?"
Selene: *Nervous Sweating*

-[X] Forge Clan Vanar-Feer - (1 Action)
--[X] Commission The Sandcrete Mixer - (1/2 Turns Complete)
+1 Turn of Progress.

[X] Merchants - (All Are Free Actions)
-[X] A Small Loan - 16.02 Materials loaned, 18.74 owed in 4(four) Turns.

Further Rolls:

Artifacts:

2d2-1 = 3 General Mundane- Artifact

Piety:
1d6-4 = 2-4 = 0% Piety reduction

Faithful:
Needed: Irrelevant Rolled: Enough
+1 Faithful.

Income:
15d4+3d12+62 = 84+62 = 146 Materials!

The Update will be online on the 17.12.20 at 20:00 CET. (I am going to donate blood, so that will take some time.)

Last edited:
Rumor Mill Turn 35
Rumors:

Cirque De Fantastique Is In The Region
The circus is in the region! After nearly ten years, Cirque De Fantastique has once more returned to Tessen, completing its circuit around the Empire. Already people stream to their tents and shows, their acrobats and exotic animals, the curiosities and horrors, the clowns and games hosted by them. They are set to visit each city for one month before traveling onwards towards new, or old, regions. If you are able, seeing them is a must!

Pilgrim Brothel Opens, Alongside New Printshop
The new brothel 'Consensual' has opened its doors and has rapidly become a favorite among caravan hands, guards, and the wealthy. Those who wish to secure a night have to pay entry, with no guarantee of actually getting a night, but are guaranteed that all inside offering their services do so out of their own volition and because they want to. The wealthy like it because it lets them disregard and dodges any moral debacles resulting from using a brothel. The more everyday people who use it, like caravaneers, like it for the same reasons, but even more! A caravan guard supposedly said: "Look, I am in my armor for up to and over two weeks, in the heat and without any bath. There is constant danger, stupid idiots, and next to no privacy. When I finish a route, all I want to do is bathe, get some good shut-eye, and be railed by a hunk o' meat or two. A gal shouldn't have to deal with 'moral quandaries' on top of everything else!" Well, good a reason as any to use it! Add to that; the Pilgrims have opened a print shop, selling not only tales of heroics and good comedy, but also a very romantic and, if you pay for the 'night-time' edition, lewd series. Which, of course, drew attention...

Church Of Eden Protests Against The Pilgrims Opening A 'Den Of Sin'
After appointing new priests and ousting old corrupt and sinful ones, the COE started operating normally. This directly translates to logging official complaints against the Pilgrims, the Followers Of Light, other small religions, and in general, everyone who took advantage of them being distracted. With the Pilgrims opening a brothel and selling smut while also not backing down on their Pro-Mutated rhetoric, it has resulted in them being very vocal in their condemnation of the Pilgrims actions. Their complaints range from corrupting the youth with indecent literature to luring hard-working and honest men and women into a den of sin. Whatever they thought would happen, a sound 'meh' from everyone was not among it.

Happenings with the Vanar-Feer
As fast as the grumbling between the Forge-Clans happened, it died down quicker. Some people went and talked; then everything died down within a week. Now it seems that the Feer will pay the Vanar to give a workshop for Knights to the Pilgrims, or Perpetual Defiance, and have settled most of the internal debates to a low grumbling. Well, nothing exciting. Not even accusations of heresy or something. Kinda disappointing.

Spy-Network:

The Church Of Eden has mostly stabilized. They have issued a formal protest against the Consensual.

The Common People feel fine.

The Mutated feel okay. Interest in the Brothel.

Back