And What a Dance it Was (NO SV, War is Coming, Prepare)

Well, we are taking a Proto Golden Company here... The numbers are probably going to be pretty high by themselves and we get the chance of networking with them.

Plus I think it would be the other way around, once the war is over the troops (besides lord Corlys) will return to their homes, but if we offer the Company of the Rose a good deal to settle them in the Stepstones we may get a permanent awesome garrison here... And unlike the guys from the Faith they are much more likely to tolerate the Valyrian Believers.
I don't put much stock in merc loyalty, even if they are northmen, and that's a lot of money to spend on a single company. I'd much rather pay for a proper Westerosi army than a merc detachment to take what will be our new fief. And we have no way of knowing if their more tolerant of Valyrian faithful, as far as anyone can tell they're just as distrustful as the rest.

[X]Plan: FOR PORT TABASCO!!! (With Elite Army and Mercs)
-[X]Father's Old Friends (Can only be taken 5 times): 50 BP x5 250 BP
-[X]Legendary Mercenary Company: 2000 BP
-[X]Catapult and Crews: 50 BP x10 500 BP
-[X]Sea Snake Ship: 30 BP x20 600 BP
-[X]IronBorn Squadron (Ten ships): 15 BP x20 300 BP
-[X]Vale Knight Retinue: 15 BP x25 375
-[X]Westerland Men At Arms: 25 BP x39 975
-[X]Train Skill: Sword and Shield
-[X]Train Skill: Dragon Command
-[X]Learn Skill: Singing
-[X]Learn Skill: Harp
-[X]Learn Skill: Self Control
-[X]Learn Skill: Dance

Well this is my new and updated plan, I have changed the composition of the army based on the new info that the QM gave us, and my reasoning for picking this army is explained a few posts ago (the same for why I am sticking with the Harp)

So to my previous voters @Ghost in the sun @Alexander Sturnn @Trafo @EzordCyborg45 If you like this new plan I would suggest you to update your votes.

Edit: Since @Tabascoheath makes some good points I have also made this plan still focused in Elite Troops but using the 2000 of the mercs to hire local instead.

[X]Plan: FOR PORT TABASCO!!! (With Elite Army and Hiring Local)
-[X]Father's Old Friends (Can only be taken 5 times): 50 BP x5 250 BP
-[X]Catapult and Crews: 50 BP x10 500 BP
-[X]Sea Snake Ship: 30 BP x30 900 BP
-[X]IronBorn Squadron (Ten ships): 15 BP x30 450 BP
-[X]Vale Knight Retinue: 15 BP x30 450
-[X]Westerland Men At Arms: 25 BP x50 1250
-[X]Northman Pikes: 10 BP x40 400 BP
-[X]Stormlander Heavy Infantry: 20 BP x40 800 BP
-[X]Train Skill: Sword and Shield
-[X]Train Skill: Dragon Command
-[X]Learn Skill: Singing
-[X]Learn Skill: Harp
-[X]Learn Skill: Self Control
-[X]Learn Skill: Dance

Last edited:
Also dont forget the pirates ships, I fully expect some crazy Pirate Lords to take advantage of the chaos and scavange the strays ships.

Edit: Like someone said the enemy of my enemy is bait

Last edited:
[X]Plan: FOR PORT TABASCO!!! (With Elite Army and Mercs)

I understand the concerns about Merc-Loyalty, but the Company of the Rose is one of the few Companies who I would call trustworthy.

Last edited:
[X]Plan: FOR PORT TABASCO!!! (With Elite Army and Hiring Local)

I'll take this plan, but I swear that the triarchy will try some shit with numbers/magic and we have to be ready for that, maybe we can call up some stepstones locals to kill their Essosi overlords.

Last edited:
Also reminder they went to Essos to escape a Valyrian King and I remember a post where Magoose said that anyone worshiping Valyrian Faith outside Volantis would get wacked by the people of Essos.
You are correct, and our future colinization of the Stepstones will see a lot of Valyrian Westerosi migrate to a new homeland for them.

And that will lead to problems... lots of problems from the rest of Essos if the Triarchy decides to start shit and say that we're about to restablish the Freehold.
Also dont forget the pirates ships, I fully expect some crazy Pirate Lords to take advantage of the chaos and scavange the strays ships.

Edit: Like someone said the enemy of my enemy is bait
The Pirates are pretty... well you have to have something they want.
I understand the concerns about Merc-Loyalty, but the Company of the Rose is one of the few Companies who I would call trustworthy.
One thing to note: They are a legendary mercenary company... meaning they have a reputation to uphold.

And that will lead to problems... lots of problems from the rest of Essos if the Triarchy decides to start shit and say that we're about to restablish the Freehold.
Now why would they think that, I'm almost insulted, I mean really Lucien trying to create a new Dragon breeding ground to reestablish a Valyrian style superpower? I don't know where they could get such a ridiculous and silly idea. What funny people the Essosi are, it's almost as if they're afraid of the dragons or something. :V :V :V

Sorry @SeraphiusBX @Alexander Sturnn But since Tobascoheath is voting for my plan now I have modified the name of the previous plan to be more clear and more specific (the Harp part of the title doesn't make sense anymore).

So if you could change the name of your vote from []Plan: FOR PORT TABASCO!!! (With Elite Army and Harps) for []Plan: FOR PORT TABASCO!!! (With Elite Army and Mercs) I would be glad.

Last edited:
We have way too many Port Tabascos... I feel like I am in a gintama episode.

Seriously i will have to take a long look to see what the plan is the right one for me. At this point Tabasco will be a common name in the Stepstones.

Back