Voting is open
861.M42 - War Has Come
The time for war has come. Death shall stalk the stars once more, and the predators of the Warp will grow fat on the souls of the lost and damned that will enter the shattered realm of the dead where the Celestial Choirs cannot ward them off.

May the Star Child have mercy on those standing in our way; we can not.

The War Begins:
(1-Day Moratorium)
[] (WRITE-IN WAR NAME)
-[] (Write-In Fleets fighting in the war.)
-[] (Write-In SAGs fighting in the First Phase of the Ground War.)
-[] (Write-In Triggers)

Triggers Earned
[Wastes]

[Mechanical] Army of the Damned - (Write-In Stance)
The Mutants and Waste Clans are under your command, willing and able to contribute what they can for a better life promised by the Star Child. Choose one stance: [Raid Hive Outposts/SAG Convoy Guard/Sabotage Hive Defenses/Scout Hive Defenses]

[Narrative] Paths through the Wastes
When deploying to another Hive, your forces take drastically reduced attrition. When deploying to another Hive, Duchy forces take drastically increased attrition.

[Underhive]
[Mechanical] The Armored Fifth Column - (Designate GENERAL Objectives)
[Equivalent to 10 SAGs.] Depletes by 2 each Turn. Suffers [Equivalent] SAG Casualties first each turn without depletion as an ablative shield.

[Lower Hive]
[Narrative] Arm the Enslaved - (Yes/No) - (If Yes, when?)
Attempt to rouse the enslaved populations of the Hives to join your revolution via Songs or doing it manually. Massive increase in chaos during the first few months at the cost of drastically increased civilian casualties.

[Narrative] Stoke the Workers to Action - (Yes/No)
Try to create strikes and work walkouts before the fleet enters the system everywhere you can to grind the industrial might of the Hives to a halt for a moment, vastly reducing available supplies for the native SDF, PDF, and Enforcers. Will boost civilian casualties.

[Narrative] Enforcers Turned - (Second-Line Guards/Trainers/Law Enforcers)
Turn the Law Enforcers of the Hives in your pockets into second-line guards for your revolution, trainers to improve the fighting population skills, or law enforcers for your side to keep chaos and Chaos low.

[Mechanical] Attempt Shield Generator Sabotage [OR] Subversion
Attempt to destroy or subvert the Shield Generators of the Hives to your side. You can only choose one. Sabotaging will drastically reduce the time required to siege a Hive but massively increase civilian casualties. Subverting is riskier but enables a powerful first assault against Hive Walls when pulled off.

[Mechanical] Attempt To Break The Walls - (When?)
Attempt to sabotage Hive Walls with explosives to enable quicker sieges and reduced casualties. The later this is attempted, the harder it becomes, but the earlier it is done, the less damage will remain without being repaired.

[Middle Hive]
[Mechanical] Moles in their Midsts - (Movements/Logistics/Morale/Communications/Fifth Column)
Your spies can focus their attention to give you various benefits. Movements increase attrition taken by the Duchy, Logistics decrease supplies for the loyalist PDF Regiments at the cost of increased Civilian Casualties, Morale enables you to better break the enemy without a fight, Communications slightly lower casualties for you across the board, and Fifth Column reduced their SAG reduction from 2 per Turn to 1 per Turn.

[Narrative] Break The Morale - (Civilians/PDF)
Use your infiltration of the Hives to splice in propaganda broadcasts into the daily lives of the defenders or the general population, aimed at breaking their will to fight against you instead of submitting to a new future free of the brutality of their old masters.

[Mechanical] Mechanicus Deviancy - (Specify Trigger)
With the Orthodox Cleansings ebbing down, those who have survived are more furious and scared than ever, willing to fight for one side that has an excellent chance to give them what they want. By utilizing these members of the Mechanicus, an area of operations will be enhanced, and its effects will increase.

[Upper Hive]
[Mechanical] Templar Rampages - (Officers/Nobles/Critical Infrastructure)
Choose one of the areas above for your Templars to target. Officers will reduce the effectiveness of the local PDF, Nobles will impact the civilians' will to continue fighting as their leadership collapses, and Critical Infrastructure will increase the rate at which you can conquer a Hive.

[Narrative] Mass-Poisonings - (Military/Nobles)
Use your spies to slip poisons into the food and water supplies to the military or the nobles, ensuring that leadership and general cohesion suffer.

[Hive Spire]
[Narrative] Targeted Assassinations (Admiral/General/Governor)
Attempt to assassinate one of the above persons. This has a low chance of success but may prove critical in the liberation of Voxx Primus.

[Voxxian Ringyards]
[Mechanical] Attempt To Blow The Plasma Generators [OR] Blow The Shield Generators [OR] Turn The Guns Around
Choose one of the above to disable the Ringyards, enable Teleportarium Strikes for the Lamenters, or sow discord in the enemy SDF. You can attempt two of the above, but they will be as likely to fail as they are to succeed.

[Narrative] Revolution In The Stars - (When)
Rouse the spacers and clans of the Ringyards to riot and revolution, spreading chaos and confusion as they disrupt logistics and divert attention away.

[Defensive Void Stations]
[Mechanical] Attempt To Blow The Plasma Generators [OR] Turn The Guns Around
Choose one of the above to disable the DVSs or sow discord in the enemy SDF.

[PDF]
[Mechanical] Hidden Moles - (Movements/Logistics/Morale/Communications)
What little spies you have in the PDF can focus their attention to give you various benefits. Movements increase attrition taken by the PDF, Logistics decrease supplies, Morale enables you to better break the enemy without a fight, and Communications slightly lower casualties for you across the board.

[Narrative] Turned Officers - (When)
Turn the PDF officers to your side, enabling you to gain entire Regiments to your cause.

[SDF]
[Mechanical] Hidden Moles - (Logistics/Morale/Communications)
What little spies you have in the SDF can focus their attention to give you various benefits. Logistics decrease supplies, Morale enables you to better break the enemy without a fight, and Communications enables you to become aware of some maneuvers before they are enacted.

[Narrative] Turned Officers - (When)
Turn the SDF officers to your side, potentially enabling you to gain entire Monitors to your cause.

[Voxxian Choirs]
[Mechanical] Use Songs - (Yes/No)
Allow Voxxian Choirs to use Songs. This dramatically increases the chance of daemonic possession and Chaos Corruption spreading in the liberation.

[Mechanical] Use Melodies - (Yes/No)
Allow Voxxian Choirs to use Melodies. This slightly increases the chance of daemonic possession and Chaos Corruption spreading in the liberation.

[Federation Choirs]
[Mechanical] (Designate Numbers, Songs, And Behaviour For The Ground War)
Choose what the Celestial Choirs objectives are, what Songs should take priority, and how they shall be utilized in the war.

AN: Tactics/Strategy for the Voxx primus/Secundus fights will come after this vote is over.

Unless specified otherwise, use strategic and tactical thinking to infer narrative benefits when mechanical benefits are not mentioned.

Last edited:
That's a lot of triggers.

I kind of wish we took some more anti-chaos songs, that way we wouldn't have to worry much about the Voxxian Choirs turning. But the Songs are definitely going to be needed to get people to join our cause.

Though one thing we should definitely is blow the walls on day one.

I think if we're going to do Songs, and we really need to, we should do Law Enforcers here:

[Narrative] Enforcers Turned - (Second-Line Guards/Trainers/Law Enforcers)
Just to be clear: By doing Songs you mean the Voxxian Choirs (that haven't had the proper federation training allowed by the rejuvenat -> increased demon risk) are allowed to sing songs, too?
I.e. You think Federation Choirs aren't enought.

Just to be clear: By doing Songs you mean the Voxxian Choirs (that haven't had the proper federation training allowed by the rejuvenat -> increased demon risk) are allowed to sing songs, too?
I.e. You think Federation Choirs aren't enought.

Yes, I do think that the 40+ Choirs we have will in fact be needed? We should use them strategically, but now's the time. I'm currently writing in what I have of the Triggers so far, I have a few semi write-in ideas, but still going through it...

I'd say all of the triggers are jusified. We'll be making them to do things we did in our founding years, and their situation is no less dire. What was righteous for us will be righteous for them too.

[] Beacon of Liberty, Sword of Valor (The Trigger Plan)
-[] [Mechanical] Army of the Damned - Scout Hive Defenses
-[] [Narrative] Paths through the Wastes
-[] [Mechanical] The Armored Fifth Column -
--[] They are to open routes for those civilians who wish to flee, and focus on hitting key hardpoints that the enemy controls to keep them from regaining any balance.
-[] [Narrative] Arm the Enslaved - Yes, with a twist. On top of arming the enslaved in key moments where the fight is in the balance, rousing them with the "Break Your Chains" song, but only when there is a chance that at least some could survive and turn the tide of a battle, we also encourage people to flee towards the parts of the Hive that we control, where they can be used as farmers, workers, or eventual military recruits given training and so on.
-[] [Narrative] Stoke the Workers to Action - Yes, similar to the above those in bad situations can and should carry out sabotage, steal key components, and if death is all they face... flee with these to boost the INDUSTRY of the REVOLUTION.
-[] [Narrative] Enforcers Turned - UNDECIDED

-[] [Mechanical] Attempt Shield Generator Subversion
-[][Mechanical] Attempt To Break The Walls -UNDECIDED
-[] [Mechanical] Moles in their Midsts - Morale OR Communications
-[] [Narrative] Break The Morale - Civilians primarily, but focus on the 'there's a better life, or at least one not in the path of immediate violence, waiting for you' thing. Also make it clear you will accept PDF surrenders and give pardons to all soldiers and at least some officers, etc.
-[] [Mechanical] Mechanicus Deviancy - Subvert Shield Generators in Hives.

-[] [Mechanical] Templar Rampages - Officers OR Nobles
-[] [Narrative] Mass-Poisonings - Nobles
-[] [Narrative] Targeted Assassinations- Governor
-[] [Mechanical] Attempt To Blow The Shield Generators
-[] [Narrative] Revolution In The Stars - When the Lamenters start arriving is the key trigger to start helping them out!
-[] [Mechanical] Attempt To Blow The Plasma Generators
-[] [Mechanical] PDF Hidden Moles - Morale or Communications
-[] [Narrative] PDF Turned Officers - Turn Mid to Late game... but within each movement. That is to say, if a sub-sector is starting to fall to our side, that's when to start advertising the fact that mercy and food (or at least more food than they'll likely have) is available.
-[] [Mechanical] SDF Hidden Moles - Communications
-[] [Narrative] Turned Officers - Rely on middle-ranked officers, and when? Try to push them more towards encouraging surrender when things are bad rather than fighting to the last or self-destructing out of spite, etc, etc.
-[] [Mechanical] Use Songs - Yes, but strategically. Use the "Break Their Chains" Song only at critical moments, the "Hide" song to cover retreats or confuse enemy plans, and so on.
-[] [Mechanical] Use Melodies - Yes, but tactically in moments of great danger.
-[]
[Mechanical] (Designate Numbers, Songs, And Behaviour For The Ground War)--I'm not sure of everything, but I do think we need to strip some of the Scout ships of Choirs specifically for short-term deployment.

Last edited:
To clarify, the big write-in element I'm decided on is the use of all of the actions we plowed into Industry and Farming. Basically, since we're seizing the Freighters and we have the Civ Evac Fleets ready... we absolutely should clear areas of civilians by encouraging evacuation either deeper into the hives or onto the ships in order to reduce civilian casualties. Yes, the "Slaves rise up" increases them, but if they stay where they are when we have the Freighters and ALSO the actually productive parts of the Hive... they'll die anyway in even greater numbers.

Underlines are areas where I am not decided. Also, @HeroCooky , would a write-in be required for a focus on, like, expanding industry and agriculture? It seems pretty self-evident to me, but just checking honestly?

Last edited:
*cracks knuckles*

All right. Here's my thoughts.

1)Winning the initial war in the void will be of central importance to controlling the direction the war takes in general. If we get our ass kicked in the early engagements, we will be spending the next few turns doing nothing but churning out SBGs while struggling to support our ground forces. If we win a decisive victory early on, the Duchy will spend the rest of the war playing catch-up, allowing us to dictate the terms of the conflict.

To support the void war, we need the following:
-Seize control of the Ringyards - this involves both the Revolution In The Stars trigger and either the Blow The Shield Generator or Turn The Guns Around trigger.
-For the Defensive Void Stations, I favor Turn The Guns Around.
-For the SDF, while we should use Turned Officers, I actually favor Communications for the Hidden Moles - we don't know the enemy capabilities very well, so knowing what they're trying to do before they do it could save our fleet's bacon.
-In the Hive Spire, we should assassinate the Admiral.

2)For the war on Voxx itself, I strongly favor pushing the enemy to surrender and/or turn to our side.
-Use the revolution Song.
-We should use Stoke The Workers To Action. I hate that there will definitely be a lot of deaths via deadly strike-breaking, but cutting off enemy supplies will break enemy morale.
-Subvert the shield generator in the lower hive.
-In the middle hive, Moles In Their Midst should target morale.
-Break Their Morale should target the PDF.
-Mechanicus Deviancy should limit loyalist access to vehicles and heavy weaponry.
-Templars should target nobles.
-No mass-poisoning. We're fighting for a better future, not to be the new tyrannical regime, same as the old tyrannical regime.

Everything's a gamble... but this should give us the opportunity for a quick victory in space, and mass-surrenders among the PDF.

*cracks knuckles*

All right. Here's my thoughts.

1)Winning the initial war in the void will be of central importance to controlling the direction the war takes in general. If we get our ass kicked in the early engagements, we will be spending the next few turns doing nothing but churning out SBGs while struggling to support our ground forces. If we win a decisive victory early on, the Duchy will spend the rest of the war playing catch-up, allowing us to dictate the terms of the conflict.

To support the void war, we need the following:
-Seize control of the Ringyards - this involves both the Revolution In The Stars trigger and either the Blow The Shield Generator or Turn The Guns Around trigger.
-For the Defensive Void Stations, I favor Turn The Guns Around.
-For the SDF, while we should use Turned Officers, I actually favor Communications for the Hidden Moles - we don't know the enemy capabilities very well, so knowing what they're trying to do before they do it could save our fleet's bacon.
-In the Hive Spire, we should assassinate the Admiral.

2)For the war on Voxx itself, I strongly favor pushing the enemy to surrender and/or turn to our side.
-Use the revolution Song.
-We should use Stoke The Workers To Action. I hate that there will definitely be a lot of deaths via deadly strike-breaking, but cutting off enemy supplies will break enemy morale.
-Subvert the shield generator in the lower hive.
-In the middle hive, Moles In Their Midst should target morale.
-Break Their Morale should target the PDF.
-Mechanicus Deviancy should limit loyalist access to vehicles and heavy weaponry.
-Templars should target nobles.
-No mass-poisoning. We're fighting for a better future, not to be the new tyrannical regime, same as the old tyrannical regime.

Everything's a gamble... but this should give us the opportunity for a quick victory in space, and mass-surrenders among the PDF.

I don't quite get this distinction. You're in favor of killing nobles, but poisoning is a coward's weapon and therefore evil and tyrannical?

I don't quite get this distinction. You're in favor of killing nobles, but poisoning is a coward's weapon and therefore evil and tyrannical?
We're not talking about slipping a drop of cyanide in the blood whisky of Baron Harkonnen MacMurderHate. We're talking about mass-poisonings, which tend to make even less distinction than armed troops in who they target. People in the general vicinity, children, they all tend to die off as well.

We're not talking about slipping a drop of cyanide in the blood whisky of Baron Harkonnen MacMurderHate. We're talking about mass-poisonings, which tend to make even less distinction than armed troops in who they target. People in the general vicinity, children, they all tend to die off as well.

I suppose we should ask about the specifics, @HeroCooky . It feels as if, if we can poison people we can do... targeted poisonings? Like this is presumably the servants we've built up a rapport from poisoning their masters, not us poisoning the communal water supply!

But obviously if it is that's not justified.

Also @HeroCooky , if our Chamleons brought SAGs that did not do anything until the Revolution began, would our element of surprise be maintained? That is to say, bring in SAGs to hide down as far as possible in the depths of our territory, doing nothing to draw notice until the Day of Revolution.

-[] [Narrative] Arm the Enslaved - Yes, with a twist. On top of arming the enslaved in key moments where the fight is in the balance, rousing them with the "Break Your Chains" song, but only when there is a chance that at least some could survive and turn the tide of a battle, we also encourage people to flee towards the parts of the Hive that we control, where they can be used as farmers, workers, or eventual military recruits given training and so on.
-[] [Narrative] Stoke the Workers to Action - Yes, similar to the above those in bad situations can and should carry out sabotage, steal key components, and if death is all they face... flee with these to boost the INDUSTRY of the REVOLUTION.
Keep in mind that the later you do this, the more it will devolve into a "Bomb Collars, Lmao" situation for the enslaved people, and "Heavy Bolters Go BRRR" for the latter.

The Arm the Enslaved are meant to cause massive initial Chaos to increase the success chances of other Triggers at the cost of lives, while the Workers one is meant to deplete initial stockpiles. Write-Ins to change them must be focused on those aspects to be accepted.
The Laurent said:
Also, @HeroCooky , would a write-in be required for a focus on, like, expanding industry and agriculture? It seems pretty self-evident to me, but just checking honestly?
Depends on what you want/mean? This is the "Preparing For Total War" vote, not "lets build some farms" vote.
The Laurent said:
Question, our Chamleons have Choirs on them for fast movement/travel, right? I swear that was the case, but trying to figure out what sources of Choirs we have if we're willing to strip the copper from the wires... which we may need to do.
You can strip the Chamleons of Choirs, but this will basically murder your stealth capacity in return.
The Laurent said:
I suppose we should ask about the specifics, @HeroCooky . It feels as if, if we can poison people we can do... targeted poisonings? Like this is presumably the servants we've built up a rapport from poisoning their masters, not us poisoning the communal water supply!

But obviously if it is that's not justified.
You actually will be slipping poison into the communal water/food supplies...of the Nobles/Military Leadership. They are getting the cyanide+++, not the people who work for them that have stale bread and three glasses of clean water a day.
The Laurent said:
Also @HeroCooky , if our Chamleons brought SAGs that did not do anything until the Revolution began, would our element of surprise be maintained? That is to say, bring in SAGs to hide down as far as possible in the depths of our territory, doing nothing to draw notice until the Day of Revolution.
Your SAGs are far too obvious to be hidden now. They will touch down in the fire and flames of the liberation and revolution, not the shadows of infiltration.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the later you do this, the more it will devolve into a "Bomb Collars, Lmao" situation for the enslaved people, and "Heavy Bolters Go BRRR" for the latter.

The Arm the Enslaved are meant to cause massive initial Chaos to increase the success chances of other Triggers at the cost of lives, while the Workers one is meant to deplete initial stockpiles. Write-Ins to change them must be focused on those aspects to be accepted.

Depends on what you want/mean? This is the "Preparing For Total War" vote, not "lets build some farms" vote.

You can strip the Chamleons of Choirs, but this will basically murder your scouting in return.

You actually will be slipping poison into the communal water/food supplies...of the Nobles/Military Leadership. They are getting the cyanide+++, not the people who work for them that have stale bread and three glasses of clean water a day.

Your SAGs are far too obvious to be hidden now. They will touch down in the fire and flames of the liberation and revolution, not the shadows of infiltration.

How many trained Choirs do we have down on the planet? I know we have 40+ Voxxian Trained Choirs, but we also had others.

And I assume that stripping the outdated 5x Circinus-Class Scout Sloops would have less of a negative effect than stripping the Chamleons of Choirs?

Last edited:
Voting is open
Back