Voting is open
Seems pretty one-sided, which is nice, we're going to have actually good standards of living!

All that remains then is the campaign--it'll be nice to get a sample of how the new ships perform, even if we don't quite have enough of them for my tastes. But you go to war with the fleet you have, not the one you wished you had. The Libra at least should be able to unload some holy terror on the Mega Rokk while clearing the battlespace of goons.

Last edited:
Seems pretty one-sided, which is nice, we're going to have actually good standards of living!

All that remains then is the campaign--it'll be nice to get a sample of how the new ships perform, even if we don't quite have enough of them for my tastes.
The Libra will rip into the Orks like no one's business given how haphazard their ship hulls are and strikecraft basically crit seek by default. I'm wondering how many strikecraft we'll be able to cram into a battleship hull. 3 times as many? 4 times as many?

And then we develop mechs.

The Libra will rip into the Orks like no one's business given how haphazard their ship hulls are and strikecraft basically crit seek by default. I'm wondering how many strikecraft we'll be able to cram into a battleship hull. 3 times as many? 4 times as many?

And then we develop mechs.

It's on the table, certainly. Details... Well, we'll have to see. A lot depends on what starts showing up at things like R&D and the other Infrastructure 5 breakpoints, of which reaching should be our highest priority in the immediate future.

All that remains then is the campaign--it'll be nice to get a sample of how the new ships perform, even if we don't quite have enough of them for my tastes.

with higher standards of living i can see nurgles influence being the weakest out of the 4 in their attempts to get to us, khorne would most likely target military and their honor/bloodshed...but our values are far too diffrent from the imperiums so he is regulated to third...

Tzeentch and Slannesh would have the better chances with differing results...however as long as we arent excessive about the living standards and hyped up on sensations were good to go. Tzeentch having the domain of "False hope", Ambition, and Change? ironically benefits the most from letting us grow with minimal sabotage, at least untill we hit a stage where backstabs would better benefit it. This is because during the federations time tzeentch was ironically the strongest of the then 3 chaos gods because of the constant progress, change, ambition, and definetly politics going on at the time enough that nurgle and khorne actually worked together enough to force tzeentch to shatter its own power to level the playing field.

which of course self-destructive (as chaos always is), but also benefits it since the mollusk got the other two to turn on each other...so nobody wins the game.

which can happen all over again, though this time it might actually be fatal to do so...and with the five/star-child waiting in the wings? Tzeentch might get absolutely bodied if it tries that shit again.

As long as they don't send ships there, or you bother them, they won't know shit.

Ah, so as long as we don't go into Imperial space, they'll be content to ignore us until they're freed up and decide to take a swing at the wilderness?

(And if they could afford to fight the Orks here, they wouldn't have abandoned this Subsector to begin with)

Ah, so as long as we don't go into Imperial space, they'll be content to ignore us until they're freed up and decide to take a swing at the wilderness?
Which could, potentially, take quite a while. Remember, you are in Imperium Nihilus, and the local section is, per the last time you were shown information the Candle Keepers couldn't know, ruled/directed by an old-as-balls Inquisitor angry that he is just fighting an endless retreat and evacuation where possible, without any attacks.

FAQ
Q: How many more Actions can we gain, and how? 3 Feels too few.
A: None. You will only ever have 3 Actions, with an occasional fourth for achieving some hidden milestone or achievment.

Q: Can you tell us what those achievements are?
A: No.

Q: Do our industry/food/etc. levels apply locally, or through our whole realm? And do they scale with out territory size?
A: Those levels scale in both gain and effect with your held territory and population, applying to the entirety of it. If you have, for example, Void VII, all systems act as if they have that level.

Q: Do we unlock anything by putting Actions into our industry/infrastructure?
A: Yes, you gain something secret by reaching every fifth (5-10-15-20) level, with every third of the Void Industry unlocking another Ship Class.

Q: How do we get more ships per Action?
A: Gather more territory under you.

Q: Do we need to replenish lost military units with an Action?
A: No, they get automatically refilled at the end of the next turn.

Q: What are Xeno Protectorates?
A: Xeno Polities that have been sworn to your rule, by either free will and diplomacy, or subjugation and conquest. They will provide materials and Warp ships automatically, with troops subject to a Faith vote.

Q: Have the Kil'drabi really stayed for good? Do they plan to send off colonies of their people while a group remains local?
A: The Kil'drabi are spacefaring by choice, and Interstellar Nomads by need, they want to wander, but like a place to stay and call home beyond question. You offer protection and safe harbors, alongside such a home where they can peacefully grow and construct more ships. They recognize that. You are offering them a good deal, demand shockingly little in return, and are honest in your dealings. They will stay, unless you greatly anger them. (Also, they are only ~50 million in 300.M42. Colonization is a long way away.)

Q: When do we unlock planet specializations?
A: Never. They are harmful for small polities (like you are), and do not make much sense for large ones outside of a few edge-cases.

Q: How do we get more Psykers? And why do our Choirs keep ticking down for every system we gain?
A: By increasing your population and by waiting. You also put one Choir into every system to gather new Psykers and train them locally.

Q: What about Xeno Psykers?
A: Stable ones, those you can use and train, are rare, with most Psykers killed by either their society for the clear danger they represent or eaten by a daemon. Only natural stability or rare intervention by the Star Child will see them join a Choir.

Q: Does the Imperium know we exist?
A: As of 600.M42, no.

Q: What does the Imperium know of us/Star Child worshippers?
A: They know nothing about you, and believe Star Child worshippers are run-of-the-mill Emperor Reborn Heretics.

Q: Wait, there are other Star Child Worhsippers?
A: Ye. Gnatiila had a cool two billion. Before the Orks got to them.

Q: What does Chyron and our Lamenters think of us?
A: He is baffled and torn between yelling at you to please stop being so overt heretics and (as of 600.M42) saying "Fuck It, Non-Chaos Splinter Nation Time!" The rest of the Lamenters literally only know you, so they are chill. When they aren't busy being depressed due to their gene-curse.

Q: When our Melodies get better, do the Songs that use them get better too?
A: Only if all components of the Song are upgraded.

Last edited:
Well, it's nice to know that this Subsector is absolutely going to be ours for an extended period of time, and there's lots of avenues to expand as long as we're willing to fight for it. We should have a good consolidation period once we've dislodged the Orks and dealt with End of Line, as we'll have no active threats remaining here. Colonizing the remaining systems should also pay out very nicely.

Beyond that, we absolutely must make a priority of spending at least 1 point on Infrastructure except in emergencies for the foreseeable future. At least until we've achieved 5s across the board.

How do we want to handle the Eldar System? Just leave them alone wholesale? Or do we want to try and make more official contact with them? I was assuming that the Eldar-marked system contained a Maiden World, since I didn't think that they'd bother marking down the temporary location of a Craftworld, but I guess it could be the Craftworld that Battleship came from.

How do we want to handle the Eldar System? Just leave them alone wholesale? Or do we want to try and make more official contact with them? I was assuming that the Eldar-marked system contained a Maiden World, since I didn't think that they'd bother marking down the temporary location of a Craftworld, but I guess it could be the Craftworld that Battleship came from.

Probably best to maybe take a casual peek in there, but respect their borders and go "This your spot? Cool, cool, we'll leave you to it." We've got the upside of picking the only aesthetic that doesn't immediately shake out to being war with any alien faction that sees us.

Probably best to maybe take a casual peek in there, but respect their borders and go "This your spot? Cool, cool, we'll leave you to it." We've got the upside of picking the only aesthetic that doesn't immediately shake out to being war with any alien faction that sees us.
Agreed. That we're basically cast in the same role the Craftworlders and Exodites were in shortly before the birth of Slaanesh certainly wouldn't be lost on anyone, either.

Preferably, we'd make some kind of alliance with them, as there's no way in Hell an Eldar would be caught worshiping a Mon'kiegh god. Though who knows how well that would work out given how screwy Eldar are with humans. We may not be the Imperium, but our mindset is somewhat close on some levels, so they might only see us as slightly better to deal with than the Imperium.

So most likely we get a truce/non-aggression pact, basically we'll leave them be in their corner of the Sub-sector so long as they don't fuck with us. As dickish as the Eldar are they wouldn't try to screw us over unless they could gain something from it.

agreed on the "leave the eldar alone, and they should leave us alone" kind of deal...if they dont pose a problem or become one, were good to go.
also if they help their dark eldar counterparts...then we will have problems...but if they help against them? yeah were good to go, heck we might even help them protect the maiden world...provided they also give something worth while...like information on where to expand and such...and where *NOT* to...(necron tomb worlds).

Voting is open
Back