Voting is open
If the office stalls the rate of growth at current levels then we do have ~20 turns. It's probably actually closer to 15ish,

Two options as I see it - either it's sympathetic mechanicus attracted by our Heretek trait who was part of the team that was hunting our people, or it's an imprisoned AI they've got in that ship.

@The Laurent Would it be worth trying to spread word of our tolerance among the Mechanicus? Basically try to leverage our research trait?

Right, though HeroCooky has said that the citizens kind of need to agree to it, and that probably requires that we feel threatened, so we might need to only hit it on the turn we launch Voxx. But I think it's a solid argument for not doing more military construction turns for a bit.

No, it really isn't? I'm saying that Military Construction of the normal sort won't be enough.

And, @HeroCooky , would an invasion of Voxx Primus on a specific deadline where we're specifically taking actions to get ready for it imminently be enough to give cover for the Emergency Clause? I'm saying "cover" because I'm sure there will be objections in any situation and that there could be electoral consequences, etc, etc.

We need the propaganda office running, and we need it now. So, that's two actions.
That leaves one action. Looking at things we can spend it on...

-[] Evacuation Fleets - (Ship Design Sub-Turn) (0/?)
We'll need to do this soon, but not immediately - those ships will be necessary after the war on Voxx is over. In the short run, we want to take an action now that will start paying dividends immediately.

-[] Burner Seeker Mines and Rotary Plasma-Macro Cannons
(Gain: An upgrade to your Mines. These weapons automatically seek out non-friendly ships within a medium radius around themselves. Rotary Plasma-Macro Cannons.)
-[] Expanded Snapshot Cogitation Improvements
(Gain: Missiles have increased Breakthrough against Hostile AM-Systems)
-[] Tetratek ARc Cannonade
(Gain: Tetratek Advanced-Reach (Grade c) Cannonade Ship Weapon (4 Dp).)
-[] Advanced Servo-Skull Militarization Initiative
(Gain: Militarized Servo-Skulls. New Infantry Classes: Human - Scout Hive Trooper, Yeeni - Skull-Swarm Sovereign.)
-[] Free Duchy Shipwreck And Battle Studies
(Gain: Information, and perhaps equipment?)
-[] Novel Infantry-Grade Weapons and Armor Development
(Gain: Infantry Weapons and Armor Upgrades.)

Any of these can potentially turn the tide, of either the space engagement or the ground fighting. And the ground fighting is gonna be a monstrous slog, we already know that.

-[] [Military] Create A [Blazing Sun - 4x War-Packs] or 6x SAGs - [System/s]
Useful, given what we're gonna be dealing with... but not for this turn.

[] [Military] Fill Out Sector Battle Group
Only useful if we're willing to spend 4 actions on it (but don't get me wrong, very handy if we do).

[] [Psykana] Sing a Song (Choose at least Three below.)
There are absolutely songs we should work on. Some of which would be helpful to our ongoing infiltration efforts.

[] [Faith] Saint Candidates
Dunno what we'll get our of it, but I betcha it'll be something worthwhile.

[] [Chapter] Standardize The Chapter Fleet, Please? (1.5/5)
If we take one action for it, the number of turns it needs to autofill goes from 7 to 5, so we'll almost definitely have it ready for the end of the countdown.

[] [Other] Take Care Of [Future Or Current Problems]
Could definitely use some extra oomph for the ongoing infiltration.

With all that in mind, I think our best plan right now looks like this:
[] [General] Propaganda For The Foreign Masses (1/3)
[] [General] Propaganda For The Foreign Masses (1/3)
[] [Psykana] Sing a Song (
Turn Their Eyes Away - Silence, Protection, Grounding, Perception)

If we keep on putting it off, we'll be shocked when tens of billions starve to death while we're spinning up the agriculture (which can expand enough to just barely feed the populace, but will struggle to do so during a civil war) because we'll do it at the last minute and be shocked when it takes multiple actions we don't have because we didn't bother investing in it because, "Surely we can do it later."

If we keep on putting it off, we'll be shocked when tens of billions starve to death while we're spinning up the agriculture (which can expand enough to just barely feed the populace, but will struggle to do so during a civil war) because we'll do it at the last minute and be shocked when it takes multiple actions we don't have because we didn't bother investing in it because, "Surely we can do it later."
We did spend some actions on it. We got the terraforming started, the nutrient vats researched, and first gen hivecrops going on.
Not enough yet, but for now it's stable-ish?

So with it build we should just keep our orders more general and trust them?
Yes, its a way to prevent the *gestures at the pages after the 770.M42 Update* again.
@HeroCooky
Do we have any Idea off the Population Capacity of Voxx Primus after taking it?
Also do we choose the Auto Melody this or next Turn?
You would not be able to supply/ensure more than ~30-50 Billion people a QoL that your people would find acceptable on Voxx Primus. This also requires Actions and hits to your Developments if you try to integrate the planet instead of leaving it to fester until you have shifted enough people away to leave the planet a husk of itself.

You need to choose now or leave it to the dice.
@HeroCooky , how effective would the Lamenters and their Fleet (supported of course) be against the Defense Stations/etc?
"Hello, yes, we are the new management."
"But the Lady Governor didn't say anything about that?"
"Good joke!"

TLDR; Fleet is a meh, Companies are a instant victory.
Just a thought, but would the servo skull tech boost our infiltration efforts?
Yes, absolutely, and very much so.
And, @HeroCooky , would an invasion of Voxx Primus on a specific deadline where we're specifically taking actions to get ready for it imminently be enough to give cover for the Emergency Clause? I'm saying "cover" because I'm sure there will be objections in any situation and that there could be electoral consequences, etc, etc.
Nope. Many would see it as a massive overreach and not be happy as they'd think the current High Council is trying to use a nebulous future crisis to empower themselves. You need that first fleet action and mass-casualty report hitting home before the people will be in favor of the Emergency Clause without internal unrest mucking everything up.

The downside of being a nation that had to face a peer only once, and then only as a side-show before it fell. :V

Nope. Many would see it as a massive overreach and not be happy as they'd think the current High Council is trying to use a nebulous future crisis to empower themselves. You need that first fleet action and mass-casualty report hitting home before the people will be in favor of the Emergency Clause without internal unrest mucking everything up.

The downside of being a nation that had to face a peer only once, and then only as a side-show before it fell. :V

Okay, so, I was under the impression that if we did not basically instantly relieve them the entire revolution was going to die. As in we will literally not actually get a second chance.

Is that an accurate impression or am I missing something?

Okay, so, I was under the impression that if we did not basically instantly relieve them the entire revolution was going to die. As in we will literally not actually get a second chance.

Is that an accurate impression or am I missing something?
Vox Primus is their primary recruitment planet. I don't think the Duchy is going to be willing to burn it down as long as they think they can hold it.
So, given the kind of hellscape that underhives are, we'd probably see a long siege first.

Vox Primus is their primary recruitment planet. I don't think the Duchy is going to be willing to burn it down as long as they think they can hold it.
So, given the kind of hellscape that underhives are, we'd probably see a long siege first.

That'd be interesting information, is that the impression our agents/analysts/etc have, @HeroCooky ?

After all, technically they should just be able to starve them out!

You would not be able to supply/ensure more than ~30-50 Billion people a QoL that your people would find acceptable on Voxx Primus. This also requires Actions and hits to your Developments if you try to integrate the planet instead of leaving it to fester until you have shifted enough people away to leave the planet a husk of itself.
Fun.

So that is 300 billion people to shift (minus the amount we let starve).

Relieving them a Turn after the initial revolution would do massive damage to the momentum of the war, but it would not be its death toll.

But I would still heavily urge the thread to send forces immediately before/when the revolution breaks out or is triggered by the Free Duchy or by you triggering it with your fleets popping into the system.

Edit: If triggered by the Duchy, you would get an Emergency Turn to send shit immediately.
That'd be interesting information, is that the impression our agents/analysts/etc have, @HeroCooky ?

After all, technically they should just be able to starve them out!
They would settle in for a long siege and mind-numbingly horrific chemical warfare against the Underhives, yes.

Fun.

So that is 300 billion people to shift (minus the amount we let starve).

To be fair, it was said, "That you would find acceptable." So if stretched I think it may go further, especially since that one Agriculture improvement was basically described as, "It's maybe better than dying having to eat this."

Relieving them a Turn after the initial revolution would do massive damage to the momentum of the war, but it would not be its death toll.

But I would still heavily urge the thread to send forces immediately before/when the revolution breaks out or is triggered by the Free Duchy or by you triggering it with your fleets popping into the system.

They would settle in for a long siege and mind-numbingly horrific chemical warfare against the Underhives, yes.

No, what I mean specifically is... if we send a relief force and it's not enough to destroy the enemy/gain space superiority. Can we still get into some Fleet In Being position or whatever that holds them off from their shit?

Also also, how is the infiltration of the Defense Stations going?

Last edited:
To be fair, it was said, "That you would find acceptable." So if stretched I think it may go further, especially since that one Agriculture improvement was basically described as, "It's maybe better than dying having to eat this."
True. But even if we assume that starvation rations are 1/3 the supply mentioned above, that's still 200 billion people to move.

We should probably start terraforming on the 100 billion planet soon.

@HeroCooky can we push back the Voxx Primus timer if we do a targeted action on top of the propaganda office? Say, a action to subvert/bribe parts of the lower to mid rank Arbites to look the other way or stuff like that?

I don't think we'll have time. Frankly I don't think we'd have time if we'd picked it, either.
Not for the initial evac, but it'd let us deal with the aftermath much easier? Far better if we can just move that last 100 billion to a planet after a turn of 3, than having to spend 7 whole actions building space stations for them.

Not for the initial evac, but it'd let us deal with the aftermath much easier? Far better if we can just move that last 100 billion to a planet after a turn of 3, than having to spend 7 whole actions building space stations for them.

...a turn or three? I think we may have, like, a century at most tbh. And the 100 Billion one takes TWO centuries.

Last edited:
-[] Evacuation Fleets - (Ship Design Sub-Turn) (0/?)
We'll need to do this soon, but not immediately - those ships will be necessary after the war on Voxx is over. In the short run, we want to take an action now that will start paying dividends immediately.

Any of these can potentially turn the tide, of either the space engagement or the ground fighting. And the ground fighting is gonna be a monstrous slog, we already know that.
There is also the holy sigils that might include something beneficial for ships/equipment.

(underline by me)
[] [Faith/Psykana] Holy Sigils
While...unorthodox for many, the use of holy symbols and geometry has not been a silent, or consigned, part of the Droman Creed. Many use strings of letters and numbers above their doors to invoke specific phrases and parts of the good book, just as others ink their skin or fur with the lines and colors of symbols used to convey faith and blessings. Yet, some Choirs have investigated the use of, potentially, empowering the same symbols with more than the faith of one, channeling into them the powers of the Warp sanctified by holy rituals to empower the righteous and pure of soul who adorn these symbols upon their person or the locations upon which they are inscribed.
(Gain: Holy symbols with power?)

"I'll do it tomorrow" is something to be wary of, sure.
But we have 10+ turns. There is some slack.

Yes, its a way to prevent the *gestures at the pages after the 770.M42 Update* again.
Can we still build additions to it? (Like cooperation between it and the military so the military can advice what info it would like to have and what would be the most valuable positions to infiltrate to get advantages in future military operations (-> assume they are going to attack us before this is through, what would we need to infitrate to kneecap their military the hardest and get our troops an unfair advantage)

Or is it a "don't want to deal with that again, lets leave it below abstraction"?

Anyway, do we have some outline here of what actions and tactics we should have before the balloon goes up?

We really should do Maphra and then keep throwing what we can to help the Revolution to buy time for the planets to be ready.

Hmm, how important do y'all think studying the ships and battles of the enemy is?

Because I was thinking, if we get the civ stuff and Propaganda office done, of doing that Research, the Industrial Output (using free action to get it done in one) and then the Servo-Skulls, since they're apparently going to also help Infiltration?

But I guess if people are actually sure that Maphara will help--I'm really not--I guess we could push back on the "Study the Enemy's Fleet" stuff a turn?

Voting is open
Back