Voting is open
I don't think we need a full ship-design sub-turn with this unless we're going to get Special Modules for this, is that the case @HeroCooky ?
You will need one. Not only because it'll prevent people from making 40 versions of the same plan, but also because you will most likely never again touch the Civilian Design section outside of once or twice.
@HeroCooky , since while it's an out of universe sign, it also represents a growing well of attention/critical mass, can you tell us whether the Revolution has to be triggered when the word "Revolution" is filled, or whether it's more like... two letters out of twenty in, as far as progress goes?

If that makes sense?
It will start once the entire title is red, and fills at an exponential rate. This can be slowed by completing infiltration stuff, mainly done by the Prop Office.
If you are using SV on desktop, you can get little pop-ups for new notifications.
Including for the vote close. and posting of thread-marked posts.
Oh, I know. But that was three minutes from posting to comment.

[] Plan: Preparing The Build Out and Strike
-[] Free Duchy Shipwreck And Battle Studies
-[] [General] Propaganda For The Foreign Masses (1/3)
-[] Evacuation Fleets - (Ship Design Sub-Turn) (0/?)

[] Plan: Buying More Time
-[] [General] Propaganda For The Foreign Masses (1/3) x2
--[] [Free] Direct them to continue the Voxx Primus Infiltration. While expansion (done carefully) is still important, make sure they infiltrate every sector of society... even the nobles, though likely via servants, done carefully and with secrecy as the main watchword. It will yet be decades or even centuries until the revolution--not that you can tell those on the ground--but now is the time to begin moving to both slow discovery and make ready for when it does come. Also don't forget to keep up the infiltration of the military and defense stations.

Here's a plan to try to keep the exponentiation growth in check, because we still have a lot to do to expand the SBGs/etc.

E: To clarify, I would still wanna do the Shipwrecks and Battle Studies next turn, I'd just be exchanging the order things are done to try to tamp down on the exponential growth a little faster.

That's literally why we're taking the Propaganda action. I don't think we need to teach them to suck eggs once it's completed.
They will still act based on our directives. And if our directives makes mistakes like exclusively infiltrating underhives leaving blindspots that is still gonna screw us (like in this case: a 24 hp counter until we are forced to start the infiltration).

I assume the main thing the Propaganda office does is remove the "if you don't spend AP that will reduce the infiltration effectiveness and can lead to issues when done for too long" thing. And I think narratively it will be something to build on.

--[] [Free] Direct them to continue the Voxx Primus Infiltration. While expansion (done carefully) is still important, make sure they infiltrate every sector of society... even the nobles, though likely via servants, done carefully and with secrecy as the main watchword. It will yet be decades or even centuries until the revolution--not that you can tell those on the ground--but now is the time to begin moving to both slow discovery and make ready for when it does come. Also don't forget to keep up the infiltration of the military and defense stations.

Here's a plan to try to keep the exponentiation growth in check, because we still have a lot to do to expand the SBGs/etc.
Works as a compromise for me.
Could you add a bit about looking for possible bribes the Federation could send to aid infiltration of the servants without causing suspicion?

They will still act based on our directives. And if our directives makes mistakes like exclusively infiltrating underhives leaving blindspots that is still gonna screw us (like in this case: a 24 hp counter until we are forced to start the infiltration).
No. They will basically do all the shit they need to do based on a general direction you sicc them on. Say you tell them to prepared Planet X for revolution in Y time, and the Prop Office will do what it can to do that.

Yeah, let's just knock it out. I think we're now on a ticker and if we give it another turn then we're just losing ground.

Thoughts on using my write-in for the propaganda office? This one (or an edit of it)
-[] [General] Propaganda For The Foreign Masses x2
With the Glimmering Federation's lessons in subverting Voxx, some have proposed creating a dedicated office that would be responsible with to continue the mission of converting foreign peoples forever more. This Subversion Bureau would be outfitted with ships, Choirs, materials, factories, and a mandate to subvert, convert, and then integrate new systems without causing mass casualties or widespread destruction. They would incorporate the wealth of experience gained from the Voxx covert campaign thus far into their organizational structure, and their first mission would be to complete the infiltration of the Hive world and it's defensive forces, shifting the focus from mass conversion to infiltration of the Hive's policing & defense forces, as well as the nobility, all to set the stage for a revolution across all levels of society when the time is ripe. This will be a pricy Initiative, but it will set the stage for the Federation's future growth.
(Gain: Allows you to slowly convert one [1] random system at a time to the Glimmering Federation without Action cost.)

Yeah, let's just knock it out. I think we're now on a ticker and if we give it another turn then we're just losing ground.

Thoughts on using my write-in for the propaganda office? This one (or an edit of it)
-[] [General] Propaganda For The Foreign Masses x2
With the Glimmering Federation's lessons in subverting Voxx, some have proposed creating a dedicated office that would be responsible with to continue the mission of converting foreign peoples forever more. This Subversion Bureau would be outfitted with ships, Choirs, materials, factories, and a mandate to subvert, convert, and then integrate new systems without causing mass casualties or widespread destruction. They would incorporate the wealth of experience gained from the Voxx covert campaign thus far into their organizational structure, and their first mission would be to complete the infiltration of the Hive world and it's defensive forces, shifting the focus from mass conversion to infiltration of the Hive's policing & defense forces, as well as the nobility, all to set the stage for a revolution across all levels of society when the time is ripe. This will be a pricy Initiative, but it will set the stage for the Federation's future growth.
(Gain: Allows you to slowly convert one [1] random system at a time to the Glimmering Federation without Action cost.)

I feel like that's kinda mostly covered in the free action?

[] Plan Voxx Colony for their Population and Uprising in 200 Years
--[] Prepare Voxx Primus for an uprising in 20 Turns/200 Years
-[] [General] Terraform (Maphara)

I feel like that's kinda mostly covered in the free action?
Yeah, though the write-in is more intended to immortalize everything out people have learned on Voxx into the Propaganda Bureau, and semi-rename it into the subversion Bureau to make it more focused on covert infiltration. Basically shape it permanently into a covert agency.

Love it, canon! :grin:

Oh, and @Neablis, you can still write yours. The planet is big enough for two cultures and Omake Writers to exist. :V
Just as well, I'm more excited for the next Mothome prompts to be honest. It feels like unlocking a quest chain.

The Siege of Andong
Congrats on a great story! May it be the first of many.

Last edited:
I suspect that would depend on what kind of fleet we build them?

But something like a stealth ship + teleportarium + space marines would have quite the impact.

It won't. It's said to be potentially exponential. We can slow it with the Propaganda Office, but we're not getting 25 turns, or 20.

so best the hurry things up a small bit and get ready to kick start a revolution...which case were going to need *so* many warpacks and SAGS to clear out the underhive.

seems like the mechanicus is playing games...

One does wonder who send that message? Sympathetic Mechanicus? But if so, how they do know who we are that they are sympathetic to us?

Also, something to please remember:

We have a Five-Turn Emergency Button we can press. During it our ground forces will double, and we'll go from three Actions to Five... but three of those actions must be Military. We'll want to press that button 3 or so turns before the Revolution begins and use it to further blitz preparations, then do it on the fourth turn, and have one turn of crisis management... and we'll see what we need after that.

so best the hurry things up a small bit and get ready to kick start a revolution...which case were going to need *so* many warpacks and SAGS to clear out the underhive.

seems like the mechanicus is playing games...
Eh.
Better: Do a mix of preparing for it kicking off and doing better infiltratrion.

If we do more for it we can extend the time we have.

We need more time. We NEED more time. And probably one more stealth song. Or intel song. But mostly time.
Especially since it feels like previous purge of our Voxx dudes was due to Mechanicus' AI hacking their own damn hive... Anti-tech song?
Silence Perception Void Tech Home? We got a similar song, but this one goes harder on silence and focuses it on our own habitats.

Also I want a deal with Shipwright Alliance to assist in building our void station habitats and maybe evac ships too. They have the expertise and focus for that, and it will (hopefully) draw them in closer. Essentially hiring them like we did with Irrita and previously with Ashan Families.

A part of me wants to put a timeline on it, of 100-120 years, so that we actually have, like, an understanding of how much rope we have.

If the office stalls the rate of growth at current levels then we do have ~20 turns. It's probably actually closer to 15ish,

One does wonder who send that message? Sympathetic Mechanicus? But if so, how they do know who we are that they are sympathetic to us?
Two options as I see it - either it's sympathetic mechanicus attracted by our Heretek trait who was part of the team that was hunting our people, or it's an imprisoned AI they've got in that ship.

@The Laurent Would it be worth trying to spread word of our tolerance among the Mechanicus? Basically try to leverage our research trait?

Also, something to please remember:

We have a Five-Turn Emergency Button we can press. During it our ground forces will double, and we'll go from three Actions to Five... but three of those actions must be Military. We'll want to press that button 3 or so turns before the Revolution begins and use it to further blitz preparations, then do it on the fourth turn, and have one turn of crisis management... and we'll see what we need after that.
Right, though HeroCooky has said that the citizens kind of need to agree to it, and that probably requires that we feel threatened, so we might need to only hit it on the turn we launch Voxx. But I think it's a solid argument for not doing more military construction turns for a bit.

Just a thought, but would the servo skull tech boost our infiltration efforts? Given the human unit is a "scout hive trooper"

-[] Advanced Servo-Skull Militarization Initiative
(Gain: Militarized Servo-Skulls. New Infantry Classes: Human - Scout Hive Trooper, Yeeni - Skull-Swarm Sovereign.)

Just a thought, but would the servo skull tech boost our infiltration efforts? Given the human unit is a "scout hive trooper"

-[] Advanced Servo-Skull Militarization Initiative
(Gain: Militarized Servo-Skulls. New Infantry Classes: Human - Scout Hive Trooper, Yeeni - Skull-Swarm Sovereign.)
Probably depends on just what the Servo-skulls in the Duchy look like. If they're sorta similar, they could work as infiltrators.

After all, who pays attention to a floating skull?

Voting is open
Back