Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
The stats are gibberish to me. Can someone explain how swole our boy is?

Would we have had a chance against Liling if he had been green?

We now suck enough at stealth that Zhengui, using Innocuous Hill, is as sneaky as we are before our own techniques and Appraisal reduction. Of course, we're waiting on a stealth insight to break in to B, but that just highlights that a magic tortoise-hill compares on the same tier as a Ling Qi right now.
That's... not true. Our derived stealth attribute is B2-15. Zhengui can only reach C stealth.

We now suck enough at stealth that Zhengui, using Innocuous Hill, is as sneaky as we are before our own techniques and Appraisal reduction. Of course, we're waiting on a stealth insight to break in to B, but that just highlights that a magic tortoise-hill compares on the same tier as a Ling Qi right now.
That's... not true. Our derived stealth attribute is B2-15. Zhengui can only reach C stealth.
Pretty sure Zhengui's stealth is (Dex F + Stealth D) = Stealth E, with +1 rank through his tech, so Stealth D with a technique. While our Stealth is B2-15 before our own techniques.

correct, that's before our techniques. Unless you are saying that passives from art's don't matter anymore.
Of course they matter, but they weren't part of the comparison, which was just pointing out how silly stealthy hill is.

Pretty sure Zhengui's stealth is (Dex F + Stealth D) = Stealth E, with +1 rank through his tech, so Stealth D with a technique. While our Stealth is B2-15 before our own techniques.
Calling the derived result the same as the base skill is something the system really shouldn't do.

Does anyone know how long after an update the vote generally closes?

I love how Zhengui's stealth tech is named Innocuous Hill. "Nope, no-siree, there's no giant Spirit Beast here, just this unassuming boulder!" :rofl:

I don't think anyone receives one average a dedicated AP per vote, and nothing really prevents us from voting half a dozen times to spent time with family in the future.

[X] While you will be present as much as you can, your household cannot be top priority yet. (Status quo)

I don't think anyone receives one average a dedicated AP per vote, and nothing really prevents us from voting half a dozen times to spent time with family in the future.

[X] While you will be present as much as you can, your household cannot be top priority yet. (Status quo)
No one is ever going to vote "half a dozen times" for the family SL when people keep ignoring them.

We literally only got this arc because we were forced to visit them onscreen due to Zeqing's arc. Your argument would only hold water if this was Meizhen instead that the vote was about.

No one is ever going to vote "half a dozen times" for the family SL when people keep ignoring them.

We literally only got this Arc because we were forced to visit them onscreen due to Zeqing's Arc. Your argument would only hold water if this was Meizhen instead that the vote was about.

Ignoring the family SL? Seriously? That's what you saw in this Quest? ... Aren't you maybe overstating things a little here? o.o

Not as bad as I though but Precious is still a chonky boy.

Lol we spend more on qi maintaining our Pokémon team then some scrubs have in their entirety

Ugh. I do want more time devoted to socials in general, though I would much prefer it be more evenly spread around, but as unimpressed as I have been with the major benefits of the Cai route so far* we need to remember that Renxiang has already had her 'you have messed up' chance from Shenhua, with Gan's failure and Shenhua's thoughts about Renxiang's lack of personal strength. If Ling Qi also fails Shenhua's tests then that starts demonstrating a pattern of misjudgment, which has serious implications for her status as heir, our status and possibly her sanity.

We are improving things with our family, and given her interludes I'm extremely sure Quingge would prefer we ensure our little family unit isn't dashed to the winds by Shenua's political disfavour and have a decent amount of time with her than spend a lot more time with her at the expense of losing everything, again.

For the route with absolute material superiority it hasn't felt like we've gotten much more than we might have gotten out of an elder's pocket change. We've got some useful benefits and the outfit upgrade was nice but things don't really feel that special, especially when you consider the difficuties Shenhua's challenge puts on us. I appreciate this is more due to Shenhua being tight-fisted rather than any reflection on Renxiang, but it is a bit grating. Maybe the advantages and how much it puts us ahead could be emphasised a bit more in the story?

Ugh. I do want more time devoted to socials in general, though I would much prefer it be more evenly spread around, but as unimpressed as I have been with the major benefits of the Cai route so far* we need to remember that Renxiang has already had her 'you have messed up' chance from Shenhua, with Gan's failure and Shenhua's thoughts about Renxiang's lack of personal strength. If Ling Qi also fails Shenhua's tests then that starts demonstrating a pattern of misjudgment, which has serious implications for her status as heir, our status and possibly her sanity.

We are improving things with our family, and given her interludes I'm extremely sure Quingge would prefer we ensure our little family unit isn't dashed to the winds by Shenua's political disfavour and have a decent amount of time with her than spend a lot more time with her at the expense of losing everything, again.

For the route with absolute material superiority it hasn't felt like we've gotten much more than we might have gotten out of an elder's pocket change. We've got some useful benefits and the outfit upgrade was nice but things don't really feel that special, especially when you consider the difficuties Shenhua's challenge puts on us. I appreciate this is more due to Shenhua being tight-fisted rather than any reflection on Renxiang, but it is a bit grating. Maybe the advantages and how much it puts us ahead could be emphasised a bit more in the story?
Stop doomsaying, this is not a make or break choice and people characterising it as one is beyond aggravating.

If -1AP a month is all it takes to fail in people's eyes then the Cai route is already fucked since Shenhua will be giving us harder assignments after this one.

If we can't afford to make time for our family now when we're just in the Sect we'll never be able to when we need to kill 1000 wild Cyan Spirit Beasts messing with our populace or turn our fief into an economic powerhouse or whatever else Shenhua comes up with

I expect all of this gripping to go away as soon as we find a social art that we can cultivate well hanging out with our family.

Back