Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
I mean... yes he have enemies but attacking our family is such an escalation that the Sect will be forced to step in and deal with the situation. For basically all but Sun Liling it will be a death sentence imposed by the Sect to try and restitch relations with the Cai. For Sun Liling it will be political disgrace and her family will suffer a huge political backlash even in the Celestial peaks given the Sects connections to the Imperial Family. Attacking our family in such a direct way while we are at the sect is not worth it for even our most aggressive adversaries.

The greatest dangers, in my opinion, will be spirit beasts and Zhengui being a bit too enthusiastic upon his awakening.
Well worm guy has used his worms to manipulate the spirit beasts in a deniable way in the past, but I don't expect him to try. Any spirit beasts that he could send at us we should be able to beat easily.

[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. Arrange for transportation, so that you can take your family out to see his awakening. Your arts will be more than enough to ensure their safety for a short trip.

Like @Thor's Twin said, it's a unique experience, and I think that it's best that our family have a test of the cultivator life. We should aim to mix our family sphere and cultivator sphere when possible, because right now they are pretty separated, with only our existence reuniting them.
Plus Zhen Gui will appreciate everyone waiting for him to wake up, it will mean that our family is his family, more than occasionally visiting them.

Last edited:
[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. Arrange for transportation, so that you can take your family out to see his awakening. Your arts will be more than enough to ensure their safety for a short trip.

Changing vote due to a crazy bout of fridge logic I just had entirely unsupported by WoG.

Mom is making progress, even if it's slow, in Awakening.

Meizhen'a jolt helped us, being present here might help her.

But mostly, Zhengui's themes include Rebirth, which is what a 30 year old Awakening essentially is.

Let's turn 30 looks 40 Mom into 30 looks 29 Mom.

[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. You doubt that he will be able to control his size fully right away. Arrange to bring him to an open area near town after his awakening, for a family visit.

He's back!

how will they take the knowledge that he will still get bigger.

big enough other cultivators have a city on theirs.

Yup time for a volcanic eruption tour.

Regarding danger, I don't believe that any harm by the spirits and beast of the sect is likely given the presence of three Greens ( Ling Qi, Sixiang, Hanyi) and if warned in advance ( like this option suggest) the sect is unlikely to let the family of an Inner Sect Student, specially a retainer of the Heir of the Province come to harm. The only real danger I see is some form of social fu by one of our enemies in the unlikely event that we meet one of them, and that they're inclined to do so.

Her Mother looked faintly bemused as Hanyi argued with empty air and Biyu squealed in delight trying to catch tickling fingers that weren't there. "I… cannot say I understand entirely, but… thank you all the same Ling Qi."

Qingge is always saying she doesn't "understand entirely". Sometimes I feel like that's more a social shield than the truth. "I don't understand" is a precautionary measure; a denial of responsibility if she gets it wrong.

I hope someday Qingge will say, "I do understand."

I prefer this option but I admit there are risks with it. Things could go very wrong for our familly, as zhengui will basically be a volcano rising from the ground.

For exemple biyu could end up thinking zhengui is extremely awesome, and end up cultivating fire.

[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. Arrange for transportation, so that you can take your family out to see his awakening. Your arts will be more than enough to ensure their safety for a short trip

Our muse was one of the better decisions we've ever had. She keeps everything from getting too dark

Last edited:

It is high time Ling Qi stops thinking being of average size is bad.

Regarding danger, I don't believe that any harm by the spirits and beast of the sect is likely given the presence of three Greens ( Ling Qi, Sixiang, Hanyi) and if warned in advance ( like this option suggest) the sect is unlikely to let the family of an Inner Sect Student, specially a retainer of the Heir of the Province come to harm

Agreed.

I'm sure we got a pamphlet at some point that went something like "how to not accidentally murder your kids before they Awaken"

[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. You doubt that he will be able to control his size fully right away. Arrange to bring him to an open area near town after his awakening, for a family visit.

Back