Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Well yeah, thats pretty much inevitable.

If we can find some way to delegate FVM setup to a degree *cough*AngstTitan*cough* then we can spend early action economy on pure buffing setup, which in conjunction with Sixiang running Boost/Dispels, Zhengui on Tanking, and Hanyi on Overwatch/Support means that any offensively spec'd dueler like the previous dude is just gonna be SoL, barring superlative combatants such as the Ducal Scions.

Ergo, that means its time to brush up on Stealthiness and other skillsets in order to increase the breadth of challenges that Ling Qi can go for.
A challenge limit like "one/no spirits" could still give them a shot, but then they'd need something to counter our stealth and flight (or exclude those out of a challenge as well), and hit hard and fast enough through our soon-to-be Perfect (though expensive) defenses. So yeah probably not common at all for peers at the same cultivation level.

A challenge limit like "one/no spirits" could still give them a shot, but then they'd need something to counter our stealth and flight (or exclude those out of a challenge as well), and hit hard and fast enough through our soon-to-be Perfect (though expensive) defenses. So yeah probably not common at all for peers at the same cultivation level.
Yeah, as we saw with Sword-bro individuals who meet that description are gonna rely on a force multiplier of some stripe. And thatll be something we can't really plan around since those are trump-card tier deals, or will take the form of either some kind of talisman (the disposable type, as we saw with Suyin or Disciple 80-something) or a Bound Spirit.

The former is gonna have a limit to their potency or efficiency by virtue of how disposable stuff like that works, barring some kind of ridiculously expensive Punch-Up talisman like what's his name tried in the Prelims last thread. But a regular Inner Sect Challenge just isn't gonna be high-stakes enough to justify that kind of splurging, barring some kind of blatant grudge thingamajig which I just don't see happening unless we go out of our way to make it happen.

Basically, after a certain point, the conditions needed to be met for us to be wary of a one on one duel when fighting at parity grow long enough to the point that we'd be able to see them coming ahead of time, and thus be able to plan around them in turn.

That make sense for everybody else?

Once we secure successor Arts for our offense to be able to grow into Foundation and beyond, we'll need to focus on growing wider, not just deeper, since Hanyi + Zhengui + Sixiang + SMB just makes a head on confrontation against Ling Qi a difficult proposition at best barring exentuating circumstances

But with the way the vote went, i can believe it if our Bond with Zeqing went down instead. After all, we voted for the choice of having Ling Qi feel that what Zeqing did is abhorent and painful, instead of just painful.

I hope it wont be the case of Zeqing Ending ties with us or something, but again it wouldnt surprise me.

But with the way the vote went, i can believe it if our Bond with Zeqing went down instead. After all, we voted for the choice of having Ling Qi feel that what Zeqing did is abhorent and painful, instead of just painful.

I hope it wont be the case of Zeqing Ending ties with us or something, but again it wouldnt surprise me.
Because it was

Sometimes, you can tell someone you're close with that they fucked up, and you become closer.

Sometimes, you can tell someone you're close with that they fucked up, and you become closer.
but sometimes, you can feel that your friend treats what you did is an abomination and either be an influence to have that someone change (fat chance with Zeqing) or said person will feel that they dont need friends who treat their act borne of necessity (everyone feels their act is a necessity) as disgusting.

what I hope is that we can at least have correspondence while its still unsafe for us to go there.
letters brought mama Ling back and maybe they can help Hanji keep in touch with her mama through this.

also, anyone notice our dantian is becoming "Ling Qi's home for orphaned spirits" lately?

what I hope is that we can at least have correspondence while its still unsafe for us to go there.
letters brought mama Ling back and maybe they can help Hanji keep in touch with her mama through this.

also, anyone notice our dantian is becoming "Ling Qi's home for orphaned spirits" lately?
An interesting observation is that out of all of our spirits, only Hanyi will actually have known her father. Zhengui never knew his father, Ling Qi has never known her father, and Sixiang doesn't have a father.

It'll probably be hard for her to adjust, a world without her father. Everyone else grew up in such a world, but only Hanyi was thrust into it.

Or even percieveing her at all I think, how human is Hanyi on the sliding scale from spirit to human anyway, we know that there are great clans and other calms that have spirit beast ancestors, but do any have pure spirit ancestors? Is Hany half human? Or is she a 100% spirit with a distinctly human appearance and mindset (despite her stagnation.)

Or even percieveing her at all I think, how human is Hanyi on the sliding scale from spirit to human anyway, we know that there are great clans and other calms that have spirit beast ancestors, but do any have pure spirit ancestors? Is Hany half human? Or is she a 100% spirit with a distinctly human appearance and mindset (despite her stagnation.)

WOG is that she's pure spirit due to how long it took for her mother to decide to give birth to her, but if she had been born earlier she'd have been half human.

No can do on that front, not until Qingge breaksthrough anyway. As a mortal she would be incapable of understanding Hanyi

I am not sure this is true, there are a tons of legends about mortals speaking to Yukionnas and being waylaid by them, either by the Yukionnas asking humans to hold their child or when the humans unknowingly married them.

Sure Zeqing's true self is a blizzard, but she can choose to materialize a human body and it's possible for mortals to perceive the body without seeing the connection to the blizzard (I also suspect that when Sixiang had a real body they could have been seen by mortals too).

Why? Notice that despite Ling Qi rejecting that cruelty she never passed judgement on Zeqing herself. Ling Qi shown she has no problem being BFF with Bai 'I will murder someone who shitalked my dead mother' Meizhen.

Last edited:
I am not sure this is true, there are a tons of legends about mortals speaking to Yukionnas and being waylaid by them, either by the Yukionnas asking humans to hold their child or when the humans unknowingly married them.

Sure Zeqing's true self is a blizzard, but she can choose to materialize a human body and it's possible for mortals to perceive the body without seeing the connection to the blizzard (I also suspect that when Sixiang had a real body she could have been seen by mortals too).

"Your incomplete domain," Zeqing responded, and Ling Qi felt an icy hand press down on her back, a brief comfort in the instant before it was withdrawn. "Humans must struggle so, to attain that which is natural."

"I don't understand," Ling Qi said, straightening up to look her teacher in the eyes. She was glad she had left Zhengui at home, at this distance he would not have felt her discomfort.

"Do you imagine that this is my body?" Zeqing asked patiently, gesturing down at herself. At Ling Qi's uncomprehending look, she continued. "A mortal would not even see this form, did you ever see a spirit before coming here?"

So we can see from this quote from week 38 part 1 that mortals can't even see pure spirit. Just as our little sister could not hear Zhengui a mortal would only be able to see the effect of a spirit not any physical form of the spirit.

so? The recent vote clearpy were in favor of finding Zeqings act distasteful.
You can definitely think someone went far beyond acceptable limits and also think that person is your best friend and really like them. Those aren't contradictory, and it's easy to sympathise with someone doing something monstrous and not think that they are themselves a monster.

An interesting observation is that out of all of our spirits, only Hanyi will actually have known her father. Zhengui never knew his father, Ling Qi has never known her father, and Sixiang doesn't have a father.

It'll probably be hard for her to adjust, a world without her father. Everyone else grew up in such a world, but only Hanyi was thrust into it.
Questionable whether we can really consider sitting with the mannequin containing stitched together pieces of her father really "knowing" him. She sees him as Zeqing says he "should have been" so I'd say it's more like an interactive puppet show of a long gone fantasy.

"Hanyi sees only her father as he should have been, but I felt that you could handle the truth."

"Hanyi sees only her father as he should have been, but I felt that you could handle the truth."
I wonder if Zeqing hid that fact that Hanyi's father is a puppeted corpse was less because it would frighten Hanyi and more so that Zeqing could still pretend they were an unbroken family.

Zeqing birthed and raised Hanyi and it should have been relatively simple to raise the kid into thinking tortured!corpse!father was a totally normal thing.

Back