Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
You know, I can't help but think the temperature on this choice would drop a few degrees if you just used literally any framing other than 'most important.'

I think Darkness is really the right choice to complete Sixiang's journey. She's going from being a selfless instant of Dream to sort of an actual person, and when you're a person you have your own needs and desires. People think selfishness is bad, but when you're just learning about being a self it's what you need.

and here we see it, 'Grandmother' is to the Dreaming Moon what Sixiang is to Grandmother and the Dreaming Moon is huge.
Grandmother is probably something like Xin. A more powerful spirit that is kind her own self (Even if Xin probably is more "herself" do to Jiao painting her with his colour) but still a mayor part of the Dreaming Moon then say Six is. So Dreaming can probably hijack them when they want like Xin was back then.

I think Darkness is really the right choice to complete Sixiang's journey. She's going from being a selfless instant of Dream to sort of an actual person, and when you're a person you have your own needs and desires. People think selfishness is bad, but when you're just learning about being a self it's what you need.

Hmm, I really like this thought, but along a similar line it was Sixiang's connection to Ling Qi which lead to this and facilitated this journey, which could lend itself to Wind's connectiveness.

Considering I was already narrowed down to either Darkness or Wind, I've not helped myself :p

Don't have time for the effortpost I want, so I guess I'll be brief.

Personally, I want to double down on Six's Wood bonus and make that a true strength.

We've got a massive bonus to Yin for most darkness arts we want, and if we can pick up Hanyi she'll likely be Darkness.

Meanwhile we've got no real interest in Yin Wood.

Adhoc vote count started by OneArmedYeti on Feb 23, 2019 at 8:16 PM, finished with 10023 posts and 107 votes.

Adhoc vote count started by OneArmedYeti on Feb 24, 2019 at 1:53 AM, finished with 10080 posts and 138 votes.

Darkness. We wanted some darkness bonii for cultivation and here they are.

Moreover, both art wise (we have far more darkness aspected meridian than anything else) and mentally (lq is a greedy girl), darkness define lq in a way no other element does.

OK, so, more thoughts now that I have had more time.

Sixiang is our muse, and Wind appears to be, in this vote, all about creativity and adaptability:
Was it wind? It had fallen behind in her arts, and she had rejected the idea of absolute freedom, but did they playful joy of the wind spirit still exemplify what she wanted to be at the end. Would she have done better in recent trials, if she found again the thread of cunning and creativity that had kept her alive in latter days?
I do miss Ling Qi being more of a trickster when it comes to her toolkit, and when it comes to brute force that's what Zeqing is helping us to be. We have a mentor that will help us along the path of Brute Force. I think having Sixiang helping us along the path of Creativity would be good for us.

This is not the Wind that was all about freedom that we somewhat rejected, but it is the wind of always having a right answer to the right question and being creative in our toolkit, and there is a strong narrative weight to it.

@yrsillar Something that's been assumed often but I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed, is Hanyi a Darkness/Cold(or water)/Music spirit like Zeqing?

Ling Qi felt a tug at her right hand, and for a moment she had the impression of phantom fingers grasping hers, urging her along the path. Not needing any more prompting, Ling Qi resumed walking along the path. "Alright, that's fine, I wish you would have warned me," she replied grumpily.
Sixiang laughed at her befuddlement as she mentally flailed, suddenly free to move on her own in this space which was not strictly speaking space. Yet despite her lack of body, she found herself comforted by a feeling much like a hand holding her own.
Kyaaaa~ Handholding!

The shipping grows in power!

Really cool update though. Getting a better understanding of Sixiang and the Dreaming Moon is good, the imagery was really cool, and I particularly liked the part where we saw that the moon had different faces around the world.

Well that is kinda good then. The Zeqing darkness tribulation coming up soon and LQ probably (if nothing really weird happens) getting Hanyi down the line we kinda got darkness and water set.

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards wind personally.

I don't think darkness is evil or anything but it's kind of... Dark.
It doesn't really fit with what I personally want more of for both us and Sixiang.

[X] Wind

Mmmm, tbh, framing things in terms of "what is most important right now" does kinda lead to only one logical answer: Darkness.

Wood... isn't (yet). Water you could argue, but is generally felt to be secondary. Wind is interesting because it started as important, but has really fallen off.

I'm open to Wind, but at the same time I feel that going "this is most important" when none of our core arts are Wind is kinda weird. Moreover, looking at our likely progression I'm not sure any of our core arts will ever be wind - not unless SCS+ goes Dark/Wind/Moon or something.

Back