Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
I wanted to do a major tutoring action because SCS+ is an art that a core member following elder jiao way might have. A major tutoring action with it is the most likely way to get SCS+.
What was the art our sixth-ranked Moon tutor had that had a similar name scheme to SCS?

Sable Lunar Veil or some such?

Also how much do I miss if I'm not on the discord?

What was the art our sixth-ranked Moon tutor had that had a similar name scheme to SCS?

Sable Lunar Veil or some such?

Also how much do I miss if I'm not on the discord?

Quite a lot I think. Most of the discussion is on it currently.

For the sable moon veil, that was from an inner sect member not a core one.

Last edited:
You, huh, forgot Thousand Rings Fortress in Green 2, which changes a LOT of the following analysis.
It does! It takes me from "Must slot two of these arts" to "Must slot one of these arts, but two would be nice"
Not at all. Lark is literally the least useful of these arts, providing no coverage of the core holes in our build that we need to fill. CWY... is awkward. It has potential when used the right way, but needs a lot of build finagling and we'd need to find more arts to make it work well.

Ephemeral Harmonious Diviner is the easiest combo that gives us the base build coverage we need to flesh out our build (with the eternal caveat that this may change with more options).

That being said, taking Lark as an impulse pick for fun, and just training it for a short term power-up is perfectly viable. It caps in Appraisal. It uses Arm and Leg meridians. We have spare arm meridians for days, and we have 1 spare leg meridian and can afford to open a couple more anyway since we'll want them for the later levels of PLR at the very least. Quickly mastering Lark and scrunching the Leg down could be a perfectly reasonable way to get some great marginal returns.
I would not be opposed to training Lark on a lark.
Aside from it likely making Argent Pulse the sacrifice, since I still want to at least get to where we can see the first level of it. :p
This assertion is not based on anything beyond Cyan being the usual start for flight. So, on that end you're right, it is possible they don't have flight. But by making it you make the implicit assumption that flight is an advantage because one person has it and one person doesn't.

This is incomplete, because the Argent Sect fights the Cloud Tribes which fight in moving storm hordes the complete assumption should be that flight is an advantage when one person has it and can resist it being dispelled, and the other person doesn't have it and doesn't have a counter to it.

Given the location we should expect counters to our flight, and with anti-dispell not being a thing we are good at we're vulnerable to it.

E: pardon any odd grammar please :D on a phone.
I'd note the Cloud Tribes cheat by using a flying mount, which performs significantly differently from 'free' flight, in that they're likely to fight more like medieval knights(heavy armored charge) than the mongols(horse archer).

After all, the 3 basic Argent Arts are not really useful at all against flying horse archers(where Argent Storm boomleap isn't really going to cut it against a Green archer, Argent current is wasted on unarmored light cavalry), we know that. It is a knight killer art set. Its designed for a squad of 4 Yellow monks to intercept a knight on a charge, rip his armor to shreds, then tear him to pieces, or to dismantle a flying wind bison after its done charging into your formation and is stunned by the thunder counter.
For the people trying to paint as some kind of horrible thing that we wouldn't want in our domain because "we'll be forgotten" or what not. How about viewing it as something that applies to enemies instead of everyone.

I remember someone saying our domain would be a warm place within a blizzard, for our friends it'd be a comfortable place to be protected while for our enemies it'd be an endless snowstorm devouring their will and strength who'd stumble right next to the home having completely forgotten what they were looking for and keep walking right past, never to find what is being protected.

It's all a question of interpretation and unless we only spec arts meant to erase our presence from the world we'll be fine.
Actually, the bolded is probably the issue. We have a Home domain and the Domain will narrow over time.
Take it from an Isolation/Home Defense vs Connection/Home Appeal angle
FVM is a strong isolation art that'd probably be slotted regardless. It says you are lonely and that you'd wander forever.
SCS is a mixed isolating/connecting art that'd probably be slotted regardless. it says that you are everywhere and nowhere.
TRF is a mixed isolating/connecting art that'd probably be slotted. It says that you must stand together to protect your own.
FSS is an isolating art. It says everything dies in the end.
We slotted Argent Mirror as a conditional isolation art(Fakers not allowed).
Each slotted art narrows what your domain would accept.
There are more arts, EPC, AG, PLR, don't have such ominous tones, but they also finish late, so its rather liable to be colored to a definite tune by then, especially once we slot in our mainline stuff.

Thats why Ephemeral Nights Memory is so disfavored for slotting at present, we have a lot of options that say "This home is well protected", "This home is hard to reach", "This home is hard to find". We don't quite need more before we move from Home to Fortress or Hermit's Cabin where you must complete a 13 episode journey to find Ling Qi's home.
Well that and SV dislikes mental influences. That probably hurt a bit.

I'm personally not TOO opposed to ENM if we slotted some bond building art first, like Harmony of the Dancing Wind and Covetous Wraith's Yearning...however, because we're already slotting a fairly large number of arts and we don't actually get THAT many domain slots once we fill up the initial 5(we only get 2 per level after all), it's probably still not going to be outcompeting FVM and SCS is it?

Worrying would be my guess. That and cultivating as much as feasible.

I mean, she has a cousin maid girl who is, without a doubt, in way over her head. Also, she probably cultivates as much as LQ.
Ye. Certainly in a new environment. It is kinda hard to grok her personal capability just given lack of interaction.

Worrying would be my guess. That and cultivating as much as feasible.

I mean, she has a cousin maid girl who is, without a doubt, in way over her head. Also, she probably cultivates as much as LQ.
I'm not sure any of her peers are better off, to be fair. The Outer Sect is going to be rough this year.

The day the no violence rule in the outer sect ends should be very different this year. Most of Gan's soilders will likely still follow him. Instead of a case of everyone attacking everyone it will likely be Gan and his followers fighting everyone that does not want him to keep the order. A 2 side fight instead of everyone verse everyone.

This year the upper years are not going to be nearly as hands off.

Edit: The whole thing is likely to hang on what Golden Fields does.

Last edited:
The day the no violence rule in the outer sect ends should be very different this year. Most of Gan's soilders will likely still follow him. Instead of a case of everyone attacking everyone it will likely be Gan and his followers fighting everyone that does not want him to keep the order. A 2 side fight instead of everyone verse everyone.

Yeah, while before factions were being formed and alliances made it was still very new and people were either testing the waters, hiding or going full marauder.

This year tho the factions are fully formed. The vast majority of people (both cai and sun factions ) are still in the outer sect.

Gan will lead his troops possibly vs lu feng and leftover kang/sun faction.

Then there will be the newbies that need to be shown their place.

Then obviously there will be the wild cards, Huang da, and others

I wonder how many of the Golden Fields group will manage to break-though during the 3 month peace?

Yeah, while before factions were being formed and alliances made it was still very new and people were either testing the waters, hiding or going full marauder.

This year tho the factions are fully formed. The vast majority of people (both cai and sun factions ) are still in the outer sect.

Gan will lead his troops possibly vs lu feng and leftover kang/sun faction.

Then there will be the newbies that need to be shown their place.

Then obviously there will be the wild cards, Huang da, and others

Its also possible for a Bai First Year faction to gather up the talented rookies. Doubt the Sun left the first years empty either

If I'm not mistaken, we also slot Cultivation Arts, can't we?

I don't have the slightest clue of what lesson we could take from Argent Genesis, but EPC will probably give us either a lesson on adaptability in general or a choice between lessons pertaining to our Patron Moons.

With these arts, we might be more full on our domain that I expected. Depends on how good the insight is and how well the thread is willing to delay gratification.

Back