Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
I have a more positive potential domain insight from ENM: Those who are not welcome in the home cannot remember how to reach it.

My impression is that FVM is almost certain to be slotted, and likely with an insight along the lines of 'home is protected by a mist so enemy cannot find it.' ENM could enhance that such that not only do enemies not know how to pass through the mist, any enemy who does learn how to reach our home would forget said method.

Overlap can be good, though the overlaps should mostly be about our focus. Still, having so many people faster than us previously was teeth gnashing, so I can see the attraction of Lark. However, the archive level 1 dip was more of a "get arts that plug a hold we currently have", given how for the arts supposed to enhance our focus it should be at least archive 2 (so that the arts are as relevant as possible for the competition).

Still, apart from that Lark has a few issues:
  1. Not only doesn't it get to Green 4+ (for competition), but it doesn't even serves the role of 'taking the mantle of SCS until we can find a real replacement or better a succesor'. Its mastery is at the same level as SCS, so there is no 'it will overtake and bypass it' effect.
  2. It's melee, but not damage (so far). Given the stealth/dance being the mastery used for attacking, it likely won't do damage. This means that it gives an incentive to be in melee (because we need to be there for all of its offensive techs) but it actually doesn't give us a finisher for when we are in melee, making it more of a 'support for another melee art', which causes problem.
  3. The art lore hints at always being behind the enemy, making it very likely following techniques would have a 'dash behind the enemy' tech, which is also a tech that goes against our fighting style... and seems to be a One with Shadow-type tech. Like with One with Shadow which was more or less a dead technique for Ling Qi, this one not only will be the same but will also have to contend with One with Shadow itself.

Also, Lark isn't even a avoid-specific art. It doesn't increases our defences that much.

Though it does really, really improves our stealth.
LaughtingBreeze is a defense tech to use whenever we are flying, which is pretty great as the whole "solid as a tree" from TRF kind of falls flat in this case. Moreover it's the dodge type of defense we wanted TRF to be.

You talk of competing with One with Shadow where all i can see is Plucking Gust making use of One with Shadow to easily and stealthly enter melee range...

This is not what Harmony is about, though.

What's interesting about Harmony is that it is, in fact, about having a small monkeysphere. Our bonus to the ones we don't care about are perfunctional, like how we are barely giving notice to random Cai members during the tournament prelims.

It's all about rousing up our true loved ones. And, whatever you say, that is so much more Ling Qi than any of the other arts we have with, maybe, the exception of FVM, which is about perseverance through loss. Harmony is not 'Justice', it's about hope and curiosity and being true to friends, three defining aspects of who Ling Qi is trying to be.

Argent Mirror was completely not related to Ling Qi, btw. Ling Qi learned to try to stop lying to herself... but before she slotted it into her domain, it was still very much a 'desire', not a thing 'done'. Her reflections were not about lack of lying to herself, they were about deciding she wanted loved ones.
I don't think what Ling Qi is or was is in anyway relevant to our Domain, the Arts slotted into it and it's underlining concept.
What Ling Qi wants to be is.

Last edited:
For the people trying to paint as some kind of horrible thing that we wouldn't want in our domain because "we'll be forgotten" or what not. How about viewing it as something that applies to enemies instead of everyone.

I remember someone saying our domain would be a warm place within a blizzard, for our friends it'd be a comfortable place to be protected while for our enemies it'd be an endless snowstorm devouring their will and strength who'd stumble right next to the home having completely forgotten what they were looking for and keep walking right past, never to find what is being protected.

It's all a question of interpretation and unless we only spec arts meant to erase our presence from the world we'll be fine.

I have a more positive potential domain insight from ENM: Those who are not welcome in the home cannot remember how to reach it.

My impression is that FVM is almost certain to be slotted, and likely with an insight along the lines of 'home is protected by a mist so enemy cannot find it.' ENM could enhance that such that not only do enemies not know how to pass through the mist, any enemy who does learn how to reach our home would forget said method.
Darn, ninja'd.

Last edited:
LaughtingBreeze is a defense tech to use whenever we are flying, which is pretty great as the whole "solid as a tree" from TRF kind of falls flat in this case. Moreover it's the dodge type of defense we wanted TRF to be.

You talk of competing with One with Shadow where all i can see is Plucking Gust making use of One with Shadow to easily and stealthly enter melee range...

I don't think what Ling Qi is or was is in anyway relevant to our Domain, the Arts slotted into it and it's underlining concept.
What Ling Qi wants to be is.
Laughting breeze isn't a defensive tech, it's a speed/stealth tech with secondary defence. I talk about a new tech that will compete with One with Shadow being hinted at in the lore of the art, and yes, that would be in order to use that tech then Plucking Gust.

The Domain being what Ling Qi wants to be is exactly my point, yes.

For the people trying to paint as some kind of horrible thing that we wouldn't want in our domain because "we'll be forgotten" or what not. How about viewing it as something that applies to enemies instead of everyone.

I remember someone saying our domain would be a warm place within a blizzard, for our friends it'd be a comfortable place to be protected while for our enemies it'd be an endless snowstorm devouring their will and strength who'd stumble right next to the home having completely forgotten what they were looking for and keep walking right past, never to find what is being protected.

It's all a question of interpretation and unless we only spec arts meant to erase our presence from the world we'll be fine.

Personally, I'm a little put out by people deciding that something is unsuitable before we even really see what it's lesson is.

Personally, I'm a little put out by people deciding that something is unsuitable before we even really see what it's lesson is.
That's kind of mandatory, "we really see what it's lesson is." only once the Art is mastered, so obviously we can't wait that long before making a decision on whether or not we should train and use said art...

Plus, the capstone tech apparently requiring flight makes me really interested in how specifically it could be improved, potentially furthering an advantage of ours that notably very few to none in the Inner Sect should have (i.e. flight).

Completely agree.

I mean again even without putting it into our domain ENM is too good to not use.
I'm perfectly happy not domaining ENM. Heck, I'm tempted to learn CDE because it's 4AP to master which is hilariously short and yet I (currently) don't want to domain it. That can of course change.

Last edited:
Laughting breeze isn't a defensive tech, it's a speed/stealth tech with secondary defence. I talk about a new tech that will compete with One with Shadow being hinted at in the lore of the art, and yes, that would be in order to use that tech then Plucking Gust.
I disagree that the defense is a secondary concern of the technique:
The user's footsteps are light, and they float freely over the earth, bendy nary a single strand of grass in their passing. In flight, the user is merely pushed aside by blows that might have struck home, floating from danger like a cascade of flower petals in the wind. Greatly enhances the user's speed and stealth by allowing them to defy gravity for short bursts. With flight, this technique is enhanced, and physical avoid is enhanced as well.

The first phrase is "speed, flight, stealth". The second phrase is "if flight then defense". Even the mechanical phrases imply that when in flight physical avoid is enhanced as well as basic speed/stealth is.

Completely agree.

I'm perfectly happy not domaining ENM.
I'm perfectly happy not domaining any of the new techs.
We need 3 insights fro Green 3, and i foresee it be pretty damn hard to slot anything other than TRF, TVM and SCS into those.

I'm perfectly happy not domaining ENM. Heck, I'm tempted to learn CDE because it's 4AP to master which is hilariously short and yet I (currently) don't want to domain it. That can of course change
I personally don't mind putting it in our domain I just don't get the fears of people against it with little to no real confirmation of their fears but if people really don't want to put it in our domain then I don't really mind either.

It's melee, but not damage (so far). Given the stealth/dance being the mastery used for attacking, it likely won't do damage. This means that it gives an incentive to be in melee (because we need to be there for all of its offensive techs) but it actually doesn't give us a finisher for when we are in melee, making it more of a 'support for another melee art', which causes problem.
...that actually makes me wonder if Plucking Gust breaks stealth or not, considering it needs to be used against an unready/unaware target.

In this installment of the math nitpicking series... Passive bonuses!
(tldr for @yrsillar: SCS avoid is lacking; PLR is even worse; new perception arts lack generalist passives; also look at the general complaints towards the end)

The new arts are pretty uniform when it comes to bonuses and they're all nicely comparable at Green 1, keep in mind they mostly have a few levels in Green 1 to buff their passives. Here's what we have:
  • CWY (~25 total)
    +10 Social Perception
    +5 Combat Perception | Initiative | SP.Armor

• ENM (~35 total)
    +10 Stealth
    +5 Speed | P.Hit & SP.Hit | P.Avoid & SP.Avoid

• CDE (~15 unqualified + 10 qualified)
    +10 Combat Perception
    +5 SP.Avoid | Formations (qualified) | Academics (qualified)

• HDW (~25 total)
    +10 Social Perception
    +5 Combat Perception | SP.Hit | SP.Avoid

• AFL (~25 total)
    +10 Speed
    +5 Stealth | Initiative | grapple escape
Besides CDE which seems a bit underpowered by how qualified the bonuses are an ENM which is a bit overpowered (I'd be okay with it being spiritual-focused only), they're all a fairly uniform 25 total passive bonuses at Green 1. Mind that these aren't "Core Art"-sized like our main arts supposedly are.

Let's take a look at those note that they're all softcapped, and for sake of easy comparison I'll focus on our Green 1 arts (except SCS for which I'll be looking at SCS7 stats):
  • AM (~44 unqualified + 10 qualified + strong generalist perception)
    +10 SP.Avoid | Perception (vs illusions, qualified)
    +5 Combat & Social Perception | Survival | Investigation | Empathy
    +3 Composure | Resolve | Resist
    (derived attribute+primary element+spirit bindings+overall Qi passive perception sight)

• TRF (14 unqualified + 10 qualified, all Close Range auras)
    +10 P.Armor aura
    +5 P.Armor aura vs poison/disease | Damage Reduction vs poison/disease
    +2 aura Stamina | Resolve

• SCS (35 unqualified + 15-40 qualified we can count on + 20-40 qualified for first strike)
    + 15 Speed
    +10 Initiative | +10 Stealth | P & SP Hit & Pen (qualified, first strike) | P & SP Hit (qualified, stealth only)
    +5 Speed (qualified, lowlight+) | Stealth (qualified, dark env) | P & SP Avoid (qualified, stealth env)
    big tracking penalties

• AE (15 mostly unqualified + Qi regen and a very unreliable Pen buff, probably SP.Pen only or should be)
    +10 SP.Armor (why tho)
    +5 Combat Perception (qualified, ground-based)
    +2-16 Pen (super qualified; per damaged enemy, decays)
    (Qi regen for enemies damaged in Close range)

• FSS (10 mostly unqualified (usable with all music at least) + 10 qualified to cold + 10 qualified against cold)
    +10 Pen (qualified, cold only) | Damage Reduction (qualified, vs cold)
    +5 Pen (Qualified, music only) | Intimidate
    (base damage of weapons can be converted to cold)

• FVM (5 mostly unqualified + 10 qualified for FVM/FSS + 5 pretty useless qualified)
    +10 Resist (qualified, dark/water techs)
    +5 Expression (qualified, music) | P&SP Armor (qualified, vs sound/music)
    can pay Qi to prevent melody interrupt

• PLR (17 unqualified, 7 qualified for grapples)
    +5 Speed | P.Avoid | Dex (qualified for grapple escape)
    +3 SP. Avoid
    +2 Expression | Socialize | Grapple (qualified, it's grapple)
So. Lot of variance here, and weird things. Here are some thoughts in approximate art order:
  • AM passives, while spread across a lot of topics and therefore weak at any one thing, are decently high.
    • The reason AM is hard to replace is the generalist perception passive, none of the so-called perception arts have anything of the sort and it is only hope that it'll sort itself our with a few levels that's prevented more vigorous complaining so far.
  • TRF is decidedly weak on passives. Very unimpressive for a Count-level art, even if the passives are auras.
  • SCS has a lot of passives going for it, but the better part of it is locked up in qualified passives and there is one notable lack:
    • We're at Avoid C6 atm because SCS6 gives us a qualified +5. This is the same scale as PLR and AS. Now techs might be disproportionately powerful here but it's not something we see the numbers of.
  • AE is a bit underpowered but then all attack arts are. The SP.Armor still seems weird on it.
  • FSS about 15 applicable to itself in combat, which is on the low end.
  • FVM is even more pathetic than FSS, which is saying something.
  • PLR is decidedly horrible for an art that's supposedly a step up from SCS, has 2 leg meridians, purports to let us "move with the grace of a trueborn maiden of moonlight" and has no movement techs.
Overall, with the exception of AM (though it's bonuses are broad) and, at least when looking at totals, SCS, our supposedly superior generalist core arts look worse than the level 1 of brand new archive 1 arts that will take 250-360 xp to get to level 2-3 in Green 1.

More general complaints:
- If Presense is the stat responsible for SP.atk Pen for FSS, FVM and PLR, then it makes no sense that we started this year with Presence E. That's peak red level on the current scale and it's pathetic for someone that's a spiritual attack main.
- FVM techs seem to be missing parts like the free 5 allies to include or the weather immunity.
- Where are our darkness cultivation multipliers :sad:.

---
In other news:
- Masterpost or spreadsheet about skill/attribute xp may or may not be coming soon. Only the future can tell. (tl;dr for now: we can expect ~1.8k total we can invest in a minimum of 10 things, which means any one thing gets ~180 xp at most. That's not enough for Dex SS for example, other insights are for spreadsheets)
- AP/XP totals math doesn't seem to be necessary at this stage and yrs has shown willingness to adjust values up and down to keep us on track so it's not too big a deal.

Quite honestly, I don't consider our defenses quite there. Physical, and certainly not spiritual. I would like three arts for physical defense and three arts for spiritual defense. Currently, I see a set up with 5 arts that help with our defenses. SCS as the central physical and spiritual defensive tool, and then two more that focus on spiritual and two on physical.

For physical I see SCS, TRF, and then another dodge focused art, like Lark. For Spiritual I see SCS, possibly ENM and then likely a dispel resist/spiritual defense art. I just don't see two arts for either spiritual or physical defense as being enough for the competition we will be facing in climbing the ranks, fighting barbarians, or in the inter-sect competition. I especially like Lark as a defensive art because it uses arm meridians, something that we have an abundant excess of.

While the maximum number of arts we can have is a concern, I don't think it is a pressing concern at the moment. It looks like every art that we got from this archive dive only needs five meridians maximum which indicates to me that complex arts with 7 meridians like PLR are not the norm. 5 meridians seem to be the average actually, with TRF and PLR being the only green level exceptions outside the Argent Arts. TRF needing 4 and PLR needing 7.

This speaks to me that we can have 11 or 12 arts equipped, especially with the meridian crunching that can occur. Which means that I am not that concerned about the maximum number of arts we can have or if we should have a total of 5 defensive arts. A concern does exist for me regarding the speed at which we can learn those said arts and crunch them, but hopefully we can find some good new sites, get some good drugs, and thank the stars that EPC 7 gives a free virtual green stone.

Weird thought:
Magical Girl Tyrant Light
Magical Girl Serpent Terror
Magical Girl Inferno Pain
Magical Girl Alchemic Spider
Magical Girl Loathing Fox
Magical Girl Hungering Song

Our little circle of friends makes the best Dark Magical Girl team.

I love this, however I think Magical Girl Singing Darkness would be better for Ling Qi.

You did forget about so many possibly candidates though:

Magical Girl Musical Blizzard
Magical Girl Aquatic Venom
Magical Girl Burning Fairy
Magical Girl Bloodthirsty Bimbo
Magical Girl Seductive Flower

Sadly Biyu is still too young, but one day she will have the potential!

(tldr for @yrsillar: SCS avoid is lacking; PLR is even worse; new perception arts lack generalist passives; also look at the general complaints towards the end)

The new arts are pretty uniform when it comes to bonuses and they're all nicely comparable at Green 1, keep in mind they mostly have a few levels in Green 1 to buff their passives. Here's what we have:
  • CWY (~25 total)
    +10 Social Perception
    +5 Combat Perception | Initiative | SP.Armor

• ENM (~35 total)
    +10 Stealth
    +5 Speed | P.Hit & SP.Hit | P.Avoid & SP.Avoid

• CDE (~15 unqualified + 10 qualified)
    +10 Combat Perception
    +5 SP.Avoid | Formations (qualified) | Academics (qualified)

• HDW (~25 total)
    +10 Social Perception
    +5 Combat Perception | SP.Hit | SP.Avoid

• AFL (~25 total)
    +10 Speed
    +5 Stealth | Initiative | grapple escape
Besides CDE which seems a bit underpowered by how qualified the bonuses are an ENM which is a bit overpowered (I'd be okay with it being spiritual-focused only), they're all a fairly uniform 25 total passive bonuses at Green 1. Mind that these aren't "Core Art"-sized like our main arts supposedly are.

Let's take a look at those note that they're all softcapped, and for sake of easy comparison I'll focus on our Green 1 arts (except SCS for which I'll be looking at SCS7 stats):
  • AM (~44 unqualified + 10 qualified + strong generalist perception)
    +10 SP.Avoid | Perception (vs illusions, qualified)
    +5 Combat & Social Perception | Survival | Investigation | Empathy
    +3 Composure | Resolve | Resist
    (derived attribute+primary element+spirit bindings+overall Qi passive perception sight)

• TRF (14 unqualified + 10 qualified, all Close Range auras)
    +10 P.Armor aura
    +5 P.Armor aura vs poison/disease | Damage Reduction vs poison/disease
    +2 aura Stamina | Resolve

• SCS (35 unqualified + 15-40 qualified we can count on + 20-40 qualified for first strike)
    + 15 Speed
    +10 Initiative | +10 Stealth | P & SP Hit & Pen (qualified, first strike) | P & SP Hit (qualified, stealth only)
    +5 Speed (qualified, lowlight+) | Stealth (qualified, dark env) | P & SP Avoid (qualified, stealth env)
    big tracking penalties

• AE (15 mostly unqualified + Qi regen and a very unreliable Pen buff, probably SP.Pen only or should be)
    +10 SP.Armor (why tho)
    +5 Combat Perception (qualified, ground-based)
    +2-16 Pen (super qualified; per damaged enemy, decays)
    (Qi regen for enemies damaged in Close range)

• FSS (10 mostly unqualified (usable with all music at least) + 10 qualified to cold + 10 qualified against cold)
    +10 Pen (qualified, cold only) | Damage Reduction (qualified, vs cold)
    +5 Pen (Qualified, music only) | Intimidate
    (base damage of weapons can be converted to cold)

• FVM (5 mostly unqualified + 10 qualified for FVM/FSS + 5 pretty useless qualified)
    +10 Resist (qualified, dark/water techs)
    +5 Expression (qualified, music) | P&SP Armor (qualified, vs sound/music)
    can pay Qi to prevent melody interrupt

• PLR (17 unqualified, 7 qualified for grapples)
    +5 Speed | P.Avoid | Dex (qualified for grapple escape)
    +3 SP. Avoid
    +2 Expression | Socialize | Grapple (qualified, it's grapple)
So. Lot of variance here, and weird things. Here are some thoughts in approximate art order:
  • AM passives, while spread across a lot of topics and therefore weak at any one thing, are decently high.
    • The reason AM is hard to replace is the generalist perception passive, none of the so-called perception arts have anything of the sort and it is only hope that it'll sort itself our with a few levels that's prevented more vigorous complaining so far.
  • TRF is decidedly weak on passives. Very unimpressive for a Count-level art, even if the passives are auras.
  • SCS has a lot of passives going for it, but the better part of it is locked up in qualified passives and there is one notable lack:
    • We're at Avoid C6 atm because SCS6 gives us a qualified +5. This is the same scale as PLR and AS. Now techs might be disproportionately powerful here but it's not something we see the numbers of.
  • AE is a bit underpowered but then all attack arts are. The SP.Armor still seems weird on it.
  • FSS about 15 applicable to itself in combat, which is on the low end.
  • FVM is even more pathetic than FSS, which is saying something.
  • PLR is decidedly horrible for an art that's supposedly a step up from SCS, has 2 leg meridians, purports to let us "move with the grace of a trueborn maiden of moonlight" and has no movement techs.
Overall, with the exception of AM (though it's bonuses are broad) and, at least when looking at totals, SCS, our supposedly superior generalist core arts look worse than the level 1 of brand new archive 1 arts that will take 250-360 xp to get to level 2-3 in Green 1.

More general complaints:
- If Presense is the stat responsible for SP.atk Pen for FSS, FVM and PLR, then it makes no sense that we started this year with Presence E. That's peak red level on the current scale and it's pathetic for someone that's a spiritual attack main.
- FVM techs seem to be missing parts like the free 5 allies to include or the weather immunity.
- Where are our darkness cultivation multipliers :sad:.

---
In other news:
- Masterpost or spreadsheet about skill/attribute xp may or may not be coming soon. Only the future can tell. (tl;dr for now: we can expect ~1.8k total we can invest in a minimum of 10 things, which means any one thing gets ~180 xp at most. That's not enough for Dex SS for example, other insights are for spreadsheets)
- AP/XP totals math doesn't seem to be necessary at this stage and yrs has shown willingness to adjust values up and down to keep us on track so it's not too big a deal.

Comparing level 1 of an art to arts that are softcapped even if they are technically the same potency doesn't make much sense. Number of successes invested won't be even nearly the same. Same for arts that have excellent techniques vs excellent passives, as we know there are passive focused arts. I don't think we can say anything except that all the new arts are very samey.

That's kind of mandatory, "we really see what it's lesson is." only once the Art is mastered, so obviously we can't wait that long before making a decision on whether or not we should train and use said art...

Wow, you totally missed what I was saying.

People are saying "X is bad for slotting" before we even know what the lesson of X is.
I take umbrage with that.

Slotting in this case, meaning permanently incorporating an insight into our domain.

It has nothing to do with picking up arts that might be useful in terms of practicality.

obviously, if you had read the post I was responding to, you would understand the context.

Can we only have one cultivation art equipped? If so why are we training Argent Genesis?

Can we only have one cultivation art equipped? If so why are we training Argent Genesis?

AG is something we're training for the passives. It's apparently like Argent Soul in how the passives are designed to be awesome to get no matter who you are.

And Argent Soul did and still does critical Work for us. AG might work by increasing our Domain XP growth--which is a much bigger deal with the Domain score now raising more than once every four Cultivation levels.

My understanding is we don't get those passives without equipping it. However, Argent Soul also had permanent bonuses. The potential of permanent bonuses is why we should want to master (not just train) Argent Genesis.

Comparing level 1 of an art to arts that are softcapped even if they are technically the same potency doesn't make much sense. Number of successes invested won't be even nearly the same. Same for arts that have excellent techniques vs excellent passives, as we know there are passive focused arts. I don't think we can say anything except that all the new arts are very samey.
That would be a valid criticism if our current softcapped, better quality and full-sized arts compared favorably to these level 1's archive sideboard-sized ones. They do not (with 2ish exceptions).

EDIT: Also in no place was it indicated to us or in the archive that we will be getting passive-heavy arts so for this to suddenly be the case would be disingenuous.

A couple of comments:

First, Presence is fine. Ling Qi was really not a presence person. As a result of our high music and FSS bonuses, our penetration is usable anyway, and for most of the year we were focused on making sure that we could easily land FVM on targets, i.e. Manipulation not Presence. This is not a problem and nothing needs to change there.

Anyway, the new art passives, yeah, aren't really consistent with the old ones. When @yrsillar was translating things over as far as I could tell +4 dice were becoming +5s in the new system (except for FZ getting destroyed). TRF's +10 p.def is the combination of +4 dice and +2 armor - it should be a really significant passive.

Now, however, with the creation of the new arts yrsillar seems to have moved to what I would consider a more natural use of the current scale, which is that +5 is the minimum meaningful unit at our level. This is fine, but not really consistent with the original revamp. (I would however also raise some concerns about numerical escalation by late green if the passives keep increasing by 5 though)

Edit: another complication is the way that +Stat bonuses are sort of not very useful anymore. In the old system, +Test dice were really, albeit conditionally, valuable. In the new system they only matter if you can stack a ton of them, otherwise they're pointless.

Edit edit: of course, FVM and AE were always shit in terms of passives, so there isn't really a change there :p

Last edited:
In that case, your favorite Keywords should be yin, moon, wind, and water, in that order.

And if you really want to optimize, wind, and yin should be in conjunction with either darkness, moon, or water. Basically, our gear gives discounts on darkness, moon, water. Discount are important as we are effectively casting from our HP pool, but the flipside of that is that every enchantment we get that gives discounts is one that isn't used to make us stronger.

Retooling to other elements would be prohibitively expensive, as it basically means remodeling or ditching 80% of our gear.

If we bind Hanyi, it's probable we'll finally get that darkness cultivation bonus though. I'm more suprised we haven't already gotten one, tbh. Darkness has been our primary element this entire quest.

Wood 0.3 multiplier which will probably grow once zhengui get to green.

With 2 AP, and multiplier bonuses totaling an additional .5 (location + hanyi ?), it would take roughly 130 additional successes to reach SCS 8, or ~60 extra resource dice, or some combination of both.

Conclusion: Shaved 1 AP off of SCS 8. Shaving 2 AP would require more resources than I think we can obtain.

I wanted to do a major tutoring action because SCS+ is an art that a core member following elder jiao way might have. A major tutoring action with it is the most likely way to get SCS+.

Back