[x] Fuinjutsu

With the aid of our Sharingan to understand the inner workings of seals...

Hmm... I don't think we want to become a medic and I could think of plenty of situations where Kyujustu is inferior to Shurikenjustu due to amount of cover the forests of konoha provide and the opponents ability to close the distance. Frankly I think the Byakugan would work better with it.

That leaves Kenjutsu and Fuinjutsu. Plenty of people in Naruto use swords, from Orochimaru to Sasuke and it seems like a decent counter to Taijutsu. We have the Sharigan so we should have mid to long distance covered with our superior Ninjutsu and Shurikenjutsu. Fuinjutsu is just broke. Even if we don't become a master getting an insight into it should be very useful.

[X]Plan magic swords
-[x] - Fuinjutsu. Seals do all sorts of weird and wonderful shit. You want in.
-[x] - Kenjutsu. You think swords are really, really cool - and you know you never want to bring a knife to a swordfight.

@Tekomandor - Does the Sharingan help in anyway with Fuinjutsu? I could definitely see it helping thanks to the perfect recall letting Hisana instantly and permanently memorize the appearance of seals. However I could also see it being ruled as memorization not being helpful (seals are personalized like in Dreaming of Sunshine) or even that our Sharingan can't do that yet (it's not listed in the character sheet).

Random does bring up a good point, Kenjutsu provides a good advantage over raw taijutsu, excluding specialty anti-weapon styles of course.

Fuuinjutsu takes a while to really get going, but it's basically an exponential curve in terms of growth and what you can do with it.

It's really either of those two or split our time on both of them.

@Tekomandor - Does the Sharingan help in anyway with Fuinjutsu? I could definitely see it helping thanks to the perfect recall letting Hisana instantly and permanently memorize the appearance of seals. However I could also see it being ruled as memorization not being helpful (seals are personalized like in Dreaming of Sunshine) or even that our Sharingan can't do that yet (it's not listed in the character sheet).
It might help you understand what an unfamiliar seal is going to do, or spot a defect in one of your designs but otherwise, no. Seals are, like in Dreaming of Sunshine, mostly personal.

Still better than nothing. It would still be of help to our sealcraft. Fiddling with our own seals, for instance.

[x] - Kyujustu. Bows and arrows mean fighting at a distance, and that means less exposure to knives and bombs and such.

Oh, pleeeaassseeee let's do this now or at least later. I really want to see this, never saw anyone write about an archer in Naruto.

It might help you understand what an unfamiliar seal is going to do, or spot a defect in one of your designs but otherwise, no. Seals are, like in Dreaming of Sunshine, mostly personal.
Honestly both of those effects sound very useful and sound like they would scale with our knowledge of Fuuinjutsu anyway. I mean, I haven't read DoS or if I have I don't remember it right now, but there should be some commonalities between seals? Maybe?

[x] - Kenjutsu. You think swords are really, really cool - and you know you never want to bring a knife to a swordfight.

We know the Sharingan can help with learning Taijutsu, see Sasuke copying Lee's technique, and given that Kenjutsu is functionally the same as Taijutsu it should help Hisana speed learn Kenjutsu.

Oh, pleeeaassseeee let's do this now or at least later. I really want to see this, never saw anyone write about an archer in Naruto.
Probably because archery sucks in naruto for ninja's.
Draw weight is limiting, the twang of the bow, primitive bow design compared to modern day, and that's just stuff off the top of my head.

Fuuinjutsu could make it functional, but that's a lot of work just to make it functional as opposed to improving something that's already good.

[X]Plan magic swords
-[x] - Kenjutsu. You think swords are really, really cool - and you know you never want to bring a knife to a swordfight.

You do not want to use long distance ranged weapons in Naruto; people can dodge arrows in mid-flight far too easily. Seals are a no brainer, and while medical ninjutsu would be useful, don't want to spread ourselves too thin. Swords are a great force multiplier.

[x] - Fuinjutsu. Seals do all sorts of weird and wonderful shit. You want in.

New:

[x] Plan magic swords

Let's add seals to our sword later on so that it's better than Zabuza's! :V

Draw weight is limiting, the twang of the bow, primitive bow design compared to modern day, and that's just stuff off the top of my head.

Fuuinjutsu could make it functional, but that's a lot of work just to make it functional as opposed to improving something that's already good.
I suppose there is a reason why the only archer we see in Naruto is someone who has a bloodline that lets him create super bows/arrows (Kidomaru).

[X] Plan Missile Delivered Tags
-[x] - Kyujustu. Bows and arrows mean fighting at a distance, and that means less exposure to knives and bombs and such.

Back