2. Since Orange is a not-very-stealthy color, that means you'd have to be better at being stealthy for it to be effective, which makes a good training exercise for ninjas.

To add to Raising Kitten's point about orange and stealth:

This is Naruto's orange; less a neon, more of a burnt or earthy orange, right?

Now let's compare natures Ninja, the Tiger (Stealthy killer with a lot of mysticism associated with it; also, cool claws), who also lives in an environment with lots of underbrush and trees and whatnot;

(True fact; apparently, a group of tigers is a 'Streak' or an 'Ambush'.)

Whether or not the Hashirama Tress are deciduous is somewhat beside the point, even, due to the fact that Fire country is often described as being quite hot and somewhat dry. Even if the trees are green, I'm willing to bet that, for a good portion of the year, the underbrush will be dry and yellowish, while the forest itself will have patches of bright and dark.

Orange is absolutely a stealthy color in daylight, too, especially when you pair it up with techniques like adding other colors to break up patterns and outlines, something most camouflage techniques revolve around. Honestly, the biggest thing that is killing his stealth is the big shiny metal plate on his, and most ninja's, foreheads; before even shapes and outlines, the human eye is drawn to shiny things and movement.

I'm not sure the Konoha Hashirama Tress are deciduou. At the very least i don't remember prof of such in the manga, nor the few anime eps i've seen years ago.
*shrug* They're in the right climate for it and from what I remember they don't look like typical evergreen trees either.

It's a setting about magic ninjas, I don't really expect it to make sense. I was just mentioning an explanation I heard once about him wearing orange, it's not like anyone calls him on it in series from what I remember.
Japan has their leaves change color as well, New England and Japan are actually the only places they do really, so I'd expect the trees in Konoha to change colors in the appropriate weather.

Red light doesn't effect human nightvision, meaning you can go from an area lit with red light - seeing in that area just fine - to an unlit area with much less difficulty, as your eyes will have already adjusted for low levels of light.

Human eyes are weird.
Anyone ever turn on the Nightlight function on their computer and notice how all the blue and green bleeds out of the screen? Same reason really. Also, hurts/strains your eyes a lot less if your staring at the screen in the dark. Helps even on just semi-sunny days or fully-cloudy ones.

What are the draw backs? Once you master sage mode the only draw back is charge time.

It's a temporary mode that you can't charge when moving. The drawback to sage mode, besides how difficult it would be to master especially if we start modifying our body, is pretty much you have a low amount of time to be in that mode which lowers even further when you use high level justsus as seen with Naruto popping out of sage mode after a few Rasenshuriken's.

So it can't be charged in the middle of combat unless you cheat or devise a work around.

Jairaya fused toads to his shoulders. Naruto got his shadow clones at first, then Kurama, and then was given the sage of six path's sage mode by the sage himself, and Harashima mastered it because he was also the reincarnation of a sage's son first until he died. Though I'm not sure if Harashima had a work around or not. I know Kabuto did but I forgot what his work around was. Basically, yeah. That's pretty much the only drawback to sage mode. I know we can work out something but shadowclones would be draining to us as we don't have a chakra battery like Kurama in our gut.

Honestly, I don't know if I want to risk Hisana turning into a statue if we star the training either. Rather we just focus on our swordsmanship until we can cut the moon in half with a chakra blade.

It's a temporary mode that you can't charge when moving. The drawback to sage mode, besides how difficult it would be to master especially if we start modifying our body, is pretty much you have a low amount of time to be in that mode which lowers even further when you use high level justsus as seen with Naruto popping out of sage mode after a few Rasenshuriken's.

So it can't be charged in the middle of combat unless you cheat or devise a work around.

Jairaya fused toads to his shoulders. Naruto got his shadow clones at first, then Kurama, and then was given the sage of six path's sage mode by the sage himself, and Harashima mastered it because he was also the reincarnation of a sage's son first until he died. Though I'm not sure if Harashima had a work around or not. I know Kabuto did but I forgot what his work around was. Basically, yeah. That's pretty much the only drawback to sage mode. I know we can work out something but shadowclones would be draining to us as we don't have a chakra battery like Kurama in our gut.

Honestly, I don't know if I want to risk Hisana turning into a statue if we star the training either. Rather we just focus on our swordsmanship until we can cut the moon in half with a chakra blade.

For training it, shadow clones is probably the safest way to do things, but for using it, there's a couple hypothetical options.

For instance, we might be able to store 'optimal' nature to normal chakra ratios in our chakra storage seals.
Then there's always the possibility to invent a new seal specifically for absorbing nature chakra. It has, after all, been shown in canon that the whole 'can't move when absorbing nature chakra' is just about the actual absorbing part. Like frogs absorb for Jiraya, even when they're definitely going at high speeds.
Or we could try mastering and modifying our still rather new chakra drain jutsu to specifically absorb a proper ratio of chakra, although this could potentially be way more dangerous than absorbing normally, and you might still have to be still to actually use it meaning it'd just speed up the charging.

It's a temporary mode that you can't charge when moving...
As I see it, Henge is realization of intent via transformation, so it should be possible to Henge regular chakra into Sage chakra (which won't turn user into stone), it should also be possible to improve body and replicate any element using it. So in order to cut moon one need to master Henge, Intent, Imagination and Kenjutsu.

Last edited:
Sage mode is fucking overpowered to the max, considering it vastly improves all physical abilities, ninjutsu abilities, chakra reserves, genjutsu abilities (I think), sensing abilities, gives you completely new and unique sage-mode jutsus after learning it and also provides a number of benefits tailored to where you learned the sage-mode variant - Increased strength and punching through the chakra in the air from the toads, and the ability to directly alter the environment around you from the snakes.

Using an incomplete version of sage-mode, Jiraya went from full retreat from Nagato straight to almost winning. Using complete sage mode, Naruto killed a number of nagato's bodies without breaking a sweat. Using his dragon sage mod variant, kabuto held off Itachi and Sasuke simultaneously with ease. Using his unknown sage mode variant, Hashirama summoned ungodly amounts of wood-release and wrecked a suzanoo coated kyubi piloted by Madara.

This technique is fucking insane.

Crazy idea: Have Hisana convince Naruto to abandon the color orange and dress like other konoha-nin. It'll at least make it harder for reincarnates to find him! :D
He already is, actually. Orange is a Konoha color, as evidenced by like half the crowd wearing bright orange during the 4th's funeral.

edit: wait no, sorry, it wasn't for the funeral, it was for the arrival of the foreign kage during the exams.

Last edited:
Japan has their leaves change color as well, New England and Japan are actually the only places they do really, so I'd expect the trees in Konoha to change colors in the appropriate weather.

Uhhh, no? Leaves changing color is just something that happens whenever the tree pulls out all water out of them and lets them die off and fall down. It's caused by the leaves' chlorophyll - normally colouring the leaf green - breaking down in absence of living tissue to renew it, revealing the leaves' natural-in-absence-of-chlorophyll yellow, red, orange, or brown colours. It happens everywhere where there's first, leafy trees, and second, a pronounced seasonal cycle causing growth and non-growth seasons. Summer-/winter-climates in particular, but while I do not know for certain either way, I'd be at least mildly surprised if you didn't get the same effect in dry- and wet-season climates.
Heck, there's even rainforests - usually characterized by a year-round constant weather causing permanent optimal growing conditions, poor soils aside - where the trees synchronously shed their leaves and grow new ones, where, you guessed it, said leaves change colour.

You know, if we could get the entirety Konoha to wear green spandex suits and leak information in the spy networks that Konoha is following the path of Youth and green spandex suits are their new official uniform they might just kill themselves and save us the trouble.
Good idea, but I think there's too much risk all Konoha nin might kill themselves first.
I wanted to make a joke about how they all are not macho enough to handle the YOUTH, but feeling too under-the-weather to make it a good one. Let me just say instead that Gai is one of my favourite characters in the manga.

I've been dabbling in some Naruto info and my desire for sage mode has been re-awakened, along with a few considerations about alternate reality Hisanas. I wonder if changed circumstances would produce wildly different Hisanas?
Suddenly, I'm thinking of Kaleido-Hisana.

Red light doesn't effect human nightvision, meaning you can go from an area lit with red light - seeing in that area just fine - to an unlit area with much less difficulty, as your eyes will have already adjusted for low levels of light.

Human eyes are weird.
You have slightly misspelled "amazing".

Y'know, this whole should Naruto wear orange or not? discussion reminds me of a fic, can't remember which one, it was an SI, though, where the first time Naruto wore that orange jumpsuit was when he painted the Hokage's faces. It was a stroke of brilliance on his part, as the rising sun would reflect off the monument and have it glow orange, essentially making Naruto completely invisible for hours on end and allowing him the time to finish his prank.

Warning: Standard Boilerplate Warning
That makes you an asshole btw.
standard boilerplate warning Although I understand the frustration, please refrain from calling people assholes, however they may appear so to you. Take a warning for marginal behaviour and please refrain from this kind of behaviour in the future.

Nah, better, since her soul's not tied to being in a rock or at risk of being twisted into eldritch horrors via despair.
Thet is why she needto look into Kyubei's sealspace, she would learn how to bind her soul to a rock and in such state despair-driven awakening of Kaleido-powers would easily twist her into a eldritch horror, like a proper magic girl.

That's like one of the cruelest things you could do to Naruto though.

Counter idea: Have Hisana(and everyone else she can convince) convince everyone else to wear Orange.

There are several good reasons to do this.
  • 1. Orange is awesome.
  • 2. Since Orange is a not-very-stealthy color, that means you'd have to be better at being stealthy for it to be effective, which makes a good training exercise for ninjas. *Insert good reason here!*
  • 3. Orange is a very fashionable and cool color.
  • 4. Naruto wont die because you tore the Power of Orange from him.
  • 5. Kurama is like 90% made of Orange, so having Naruto abandon it will probably make him explode and Kurama go murder you and then everyone else because who'd want to live in a world where people discriminate against Orange?
  • 6. Orange is one of my favorite colors. Yes, this is a proper and valid and very serious reason.
  • 7. Since Naruto is the Champion of Orange, and since Kurama is almost the physical embodiment of Orange, if we make everyone love Orange, we will also make everyone love Naruto and Kurama. It's genius!
  • 8. I can't think of an eight reason, probably because the above reasons are so amazing an eight one isn't needed.
  • 9. I wanted a list with nine points, so this is just a filler. Happy New Year!
I like the ones where orange is anti-stealth, and Naruto has to wear it to remain visible.

So Hisana is a Magical Girl? Or she will be if she pokes around in Kyuubey's seal space?
Thet is why she needto look into Kyubei's sealspace, she would learn how to bind her soul to a rock and in such state despair-driven awakening of Kaleido-powers would easily twist her into a eldritch horror, like a proper magic girl.
We are not going full Puella Magi. Never go full Puella Magi. It doesn't end well for anybody. Not even the evil bunny-cat. At least Zelretch does it for laughs.

Back